please increase the drop rate on medalions - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

please increase the drop rate on medalions

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 poligamy

poligamy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

like the topic said . thanks it is so hars to get one now especially when people camping atthe spot 24/7

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

Even without campers I gave up farming them lol. 35 Mummy kings, not even a blue drop, just a buncha white title NPC trash. Medallions could definitely use a either a massive drop rate increase but become account locked or just increase it enoguh that you can get one after a day farming. I mean, a day for each medals is still easily 2+ weeks to get one set of the 2, making 1month for both. 

#3 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

Specifically it took me 3 days to farm a certain king but no drop

Then my clan member came and kept farming, got 2 medallions dropped within a day.

It's just luck, afterall.

I personally think it's fine as it is right now.

It took my clan members a week to complete their sets.

(Of course you don't farm all 14 medallions, you can buy some of them for cheap in Junon)

They're luxuries, not common goods.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

Lala, something you have to understand is that the 'luck' you're referring to, is artificial. It's artificial because it's programmed to operate within a certain range.

What's being asked, is that the range of chance for a successful drop be increased, ie, 'it taking less luck'.

In today's world, there is still no such thing as a truly 'random' number generator. Not for games. 

#5 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

Yeah you're right, Feuer.

Truth is it took me a lot of time to get some certain medallions while others can obtain them pretty easy.

I've been farming medallions ever since the drop table was changed along with other people & I can confirm this.

The fact that there are so many people who play 16 hours a day, some are camping there but it doesn't mean you 

can't farm those kings.

I like it when someone decide to suggest something, but this time I still stick to my point of view,

that the current drop chance is OK, it's not great or promising but it's not impossible to get them.

I might not know how the system works, but from my experience, some kings has a lower chance to drop medallions

than others, so I would suggest you farm the key medallions instead of all, then exchange/trade or buy the rest after some negotiations.

Other members in my clan and my brother's clan's could complete their sets within 1 week or 10 days, so you can too.

I'm always willing to share my tips and experience in farming or dungeons, feel free to ask.

(I'm talking this much but I doubt if it's any helpful after all, LOL)

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 09 December 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

The problem is that these medallion convert into a costume with very clear PvP or other end game advantages. While their source is completely open to anyone to get, spending all day everyday for a month to complete these two sets for 1 character is completely unreasonable for your average person who works / has kids or simply doesn't have enough time in their day to dedicate 5-8 hours of gaming to get them. 

In the end, it's only presenting itself as an acceptable rate to those whom are farming them for hours every day, and if they didnt* have an impact on gameplay I would say that's fine. But, they do, and if you want to have a fun and fair experience end game, you need to use these. which as I sad is impossible for the casual or time restrained players. 

#7 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

Like me, I now either not play or play only 30 mins a day LOL

Last week, I got Doonga King Medallion once everyday, in 3 days (After a draft farm). :rofl:

They're sort of useless, but still glad to see purple text dropping.

Farming these is really time consuming, unless you're killing at the right time... :dunno:

#8 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

Leonis/Dragonlark, I agree with the OP suggestion, please hear and grant this request. Bring back the old times where pricing of those royal/king sets were very affordable for a new comer. Increase the drop rate or just completely remove it so all costumes will remain costume as it is.

#9 poligamy

poligamy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

thank GOD , got some people feeling the same as me . i tried to farm turak for 3 nights already . I left my pc on at the turak spawn although i can only kill the king once every 45 minutes i got so many no drops and yet no sign of medalion . so i decided not to continue this ridiculous game achievement journey ... why making it so hard for the players... game is supposed to be fun instead of this ridiculous system .... thanks for sharing guys

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

"I left my pc on at the turak spawn although i can only kill the king once every 45 minutes i got so many no drops and yet no sign of medalion"

Can you elaborate on this? 

#11 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

Truth is Turak is one of those medallions which are hard to farm...

#12 nicegirlinrose

nicegirlinrose

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

yup they need to increase the drop rate . is just wrong the way it works now . maybe they should group the medalions into drop tier like rare, epic or something else. therefore, the drop gems might be usefull and also maybe the drop can be more than one so people can use those farming gem the maximum drop rate one .. and people who does not have 24 hours farming medalions can have a benedit of using medals to farm

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:11 AM

There is a real way to solve this issue that makes it fair for everyone, those who play often or casually. 

Make it an official quest. After 'x' kills 100% medal drop. Done and done, still requires effort and play, none of the RNG issues we are facing with this. 

#14 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

There is a real way to solve this issue that makes it fair for everyone, those who play often or casually. 

Make it an official quest. After 'x' kills 100% medal drop. Done and done, still requires effort and play, none of the RNG issues we are facing with this. 

good idea, but you still might have to consider the competition between people when killing a mob.

With this not sure if it would solve it but its just an opinion

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:42 AM

Actually competition would go down. People would be obtaining the drops in a regular and timely fashion, as well as quests rewards are shared in parties. 

In fact, changing it to a quest, would encourage cooperation for faster farming times and shared loot, while simultaneously removing the KSing element and promote social interaction. 

The faster and more efficient group farming not only provides that stability, but it also allows more people to catch up and eventually lead to less people being in need of it. 

#16 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

Before server merge it was fun to farm these medallions, after merge, more farmers camped to king's location and sad to say, most of these farmers are composed of 1 - 2 persons only, just using multi client.

Sikuku Ruins is the only place exceptional, you can steal the king by just killing the farmer camp on it.

^ +1 for this Feuer's idea, I support it, make it an official quest, make the reward (King's Medallion) Character Locked upon acquire.

With Feuer's idea, it will make the community more active, ghost town maps have the opportunity to be visited again and more new comers will encourage to hunt on their own, to work hard for a great reward.

Leonis/DragonLark, let's keep the ROSE Community healthy and full of lovely players, and minimize/exterminate those opportunists in-game.

Thanks

Edited by CottonCandies, 16 December 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#17 nicegirlinrose

nicegirlinrose

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

very good idea . just like quest on hiria ... for sure the new players will be blessed about this

#18 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

So there are a couple of solutions we are looking at now based on the concerns expressed here about the medallion drop rate and competition to kill the required mob. 

One of the solutions, like Feuer suggested, there can be a quest added where you can obtain a medallion by killing the required King mob a certain number of times. 

Another solution, there could be an NPC you can talk to in game who you could pay zulie to in order to enter an instance with your group to kill the King mob. This would stop competition for this mob kill since it would only be you and your group in the instance. The zulie required for this instance would be significant and there would probably be a timer in place so you would have to wait before entering the instance again. 

These ideas are not necessarily mutually exclusive however, they are both things the ROSE Team can look into adding (although it may take a little while to put together, so it wouldn't be implemented until some time next year if this is something we can do). 

What do you guys think? 

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:49 PM

i dropped everything i was doing to make this reply.

For the love of god, develop the tech needed for instanced things like this. I know we already have some for DG and PvP Games, but quest line based instanced areas etc lead into many many more features and most definitely should be the option invested in as it opens up more. I fully support this and encourage others to do the same if they're interested in more unique content features and modes of play. Like wave defense could be built of this, and the quest that allows the wave defense would award items of increased power the more waves you survive etc.

Please heavily consider that option, it's more interesting and has more potential than the simple quest option. 

#20 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

@Dragonlark

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you so much for the attention and support you've shown with this matter.

@Feuer

bro I smiled when you said "i dropped everything i was doing to make this reply." LMAO

I like it bro a wave defense style, it would be the first time in ROSE if in case, that would be awesome.

Below are the things what I think the quest should contain.

~ Only 1 IP is allowed, just like pvp game arena, meaning, unlike dungeon you can't queue multiple characters. This is to avoid abuse for players who has many max and strong characters, it would be fun if only one character per player is allowed.

~ King's Medal must not be tradable, cannot be dropped, can't vend and Character Locked Upon Acquire.

~ There must be a required level to begin this quest and ofc visitor is not allowed to do this quest LOL

~ The quest must require a required mats to offer the NPC aside from zulie (the materials must be rare that cannot be found thru valor shop, neither can be acquired by disassembling items nor can't buy in any NPC)

~ Group medallions must have a prerequisite, what I mean is you can't begin group 2 medallions if you cant complete group 1

~ Upon beginning the wave defense quest, monsters will gain additional defense, offense, mute/stun, aoe skill per wave

~ Group members will also gain random additional buffs per wave(aspd,mspd,ap,def,etc...)

~ Upon reaching the group 5 medallions, there must be a unique weapon or chemical, whatever it is which needs to be used/cast on the boss so the last medallion will be rewarded per group members.

This quest must not be the same as the other existing quests, it must not be easy to be honest, just like Feuer said, it must be unique in terms of modes of play, content features, and it should be interesting to do.

P.S Please change the title now as it doesn't fit the contents anymore LOL

Goodluck

Edited by CottonCandies, 17 December 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

~ There must be a required level to begin this quest and ofc visitor is not allowed to do this quest LOL

Don't be classist, many people have 200+ Visitors lol.. Just make it a level requirement, no class restriction bias and I'm all for that. 

#22 Negg

Negg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

I hope u can buy KIng/queen set using honor/valor pts like 10k per piece :P, also include some quests to make it interesting :) 

#23 poligamy

poligamy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

well, while we waiting for the quest or new sustems on medalions to be created, the drop rate should be change to the way it used to be . where medalions drops more and can drop more than one at once

#24 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

Negg

Posted Today, 08:20 AM

I hope u can buy KIng/queen set using honor/valor pts like 10k per piece  :P, also include some quests to make it interesting  :)

Akram Kingdom Set and Ancient Royal Set shouldn't be available for purchase either using honor or valor points, where is the challenge? spam dungeons? convert honor to valor points & vice versa? where is the unique content features? that is what we called a routine task, if you enjoy that, i will laugh at you.

well, while we waiting for the quest or new sustems on medalions to be created, the drop rate should be change to the way it used to be . where medalions drops more and can drop more than one at once

For me, the current drop rate of medallions must stay the same until ROSE team implements the quest type for it. Dragonlark already said that it will be on next year. Increasing the current drop rate will only result to abuses.

Edited by CottonCandies, 21 December 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#25 JuicyJayz

JuicyJayz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:53 AM

Edited by JuicyJayz, 23 December 2015 - 10:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users