A change to mounting pets - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A change to mounting pets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

When you mount a pet in the game your ms speed changes to a certain set value, what that is exactly I don't know. But to me that is kind of unfair or at least unfortunate for those who stack ms speed and as a result, get no benefit from travelling around Dragon Saga mounted, since their ms speed is faster than the mounts.

So my suggestion is to make the car add a certain set number of movement speed, % or just plain ms, which ever is more balanced, from what I could gather they seem to basically be as strong. Just make it so that if mounting is your only way of moving you still move significantly faster, preferably as fast as you would now. So the buff has to be quite big.

Now this would make the extra movement speed from mounts usable to everyone. While talking about this with my guildie he raised 2 good points against this, which I'll also address here:

1. Wouldn't this make people move too fast?

-In my opinion no, mounting is useless in a fighting situation and you can't mount a pet in pvp afaik. It would only make moving around for quests and other things quicker, which would be fun for everyone.

2. It makes no sense, of course the mount should have it's own speed, it is it's own entity.

-This is true, but it is a game after all, and things are going to not follow logic all the time. It doesn't make much sense that you can travel faster then a sports car anyway.

Opinions?

Edited by Precrush, 09 December 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

Well, anyways pets/mount were basicly made for fun and give a little boost to your stats (untill the OP cars came.)

So I don't think they really do need changes, but still, I like this suggestion.

I'd also like to add that there's many mount skills not used in the game yet (Like higher levels of riding skill, or a passive that "Makes puff towers totally FREE !!!")

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 09 December 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#3 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'd also like to add that there's many mount skills not used in the game yet (Like higher levels of riding skill, or a passive that "Makes puff towers totally FREE !!!"

Make me thought about how bad it is to use my own pet to teleport but still have to pay money to do so. Pets don't need money bruh 

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

Make me thought about how bad it is to use my own pet to teleport but still have to pay money to do so. Pets don't need money bruh 

This money goes completely to the service provider for pet teleporting "Pet Teleporting Solutions Inc."...

We can't change this  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users