NEW!Crafting Window Concept - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

NEW!Crafting Window Concept

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

I'm at work right now, and will update this more when I get home.

Initial Craft window when you first open the skill

VHk3vhS.jpg

Idea:

• All Crafting skills are consolidated into one window, instead of multiple skills.
  • You can now craft multiple items at once
  • Materials will auto populate into the window, as long as you have the right amount in your inventory ( Hover your mouse over the materials to see the name, description )
  • The preview in the middle would be easy to code because it is already in the game ( Character Preview when you click on an item, also in IM. Hover over the item to see the information. )
  • An additional window added to show the progress of your crafting, and eliminate the " Success! / Fail! " popup windows.
  • Additionally, there will no longer be multiple progress bars for each material, it would just be one bar. ( Ability to craft faster )
  • Variable stats is just an idea ( Durability, Attack Power, Defense ), instead of being predetermined.

Edited by Banrukai, 11 December 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#2 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

I like it how u added the stats previeuw but I find that realy unnessesary considering you can already previeuw the item stats when U select what item u whish to craft.

Personaly I don't think the crafting window needs a new interface but instead it would be nice to allow the player to craft multiple items of there choice

(If they have the mats to do the "X " amount of crafting)

Like so for example;

8vorra.png

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

0,0% < As an American I cringed at this

0.0%*

#4 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

I did this in like 2 minutes before I had to go back to work lol. I have many more ideas, I just gotta represent this idea better.

I'll make the UI, and features preview when I got time. Of course there will be the ability to craft multiple items at one time.

As for the stat preview, it is to show you the stats you could possibly get, in a range.

Example:

Durability ( based on your current stats ), it will show something like Base value ~ 86. This would be the range you can get with your current stats.

Maybe in the future they will add in variable attack power ranges too, instead of just having the default base value always the same, no matter your skill level, or stats.

Attack Power - Base Value ~ +25, or something.

There is a lot I was thinking about yesterday, and I think the UI does need to change.

Such as, making it so if you have the materials, they will auto populate into the crafting window, instead of having to drag them in.

#5 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

0,0% < As an American I cringed at this

0.0%*

sorry :p_omg:

#6 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:39 AM

I can't even imagine the coding that would be necessary to give you a "preview" of the possible durability when you consider all of the many variables involved - not only the artisan's level and con/sen but also the mats. And even if it was possible to code, luck still plays a big part in crafting so how would that be taken into account.  When actually crafting an item like a weapon. the attack power, accuracy etc are predetermined and don't change regardless of the artisan. I'd be willing to bet that most artisans reinforce or harden as opposed to crafting. so that already adds extra stats to the item. For things that must be crafted like shields and offhands, the base stats are predetermined also, and increase with higher level items. That information is already visible when you right click on the item's picture. Honestly I don't think anything else is needed.

As for the crafting window itself, the picture Cortiz posted is almost identical to what we had (at my previous server) When I first came here, it was one of the things I mentioned to Shaz when he asked because it would completely eliminate the excuse that scripts are "needed" to craft large quantities of ammo or pots. All you had to do is drag your mats to the crafting window, put in the quantity you wanted to make, and then start. There was no confirmation window after each successful craft, it just kept going until you made the quantity. Failures had to be confirmed, but since you are or (should be) sitting at your pc, that wasn't a problem.

This might not have been possible back in May 2014 when I started here, but with the big database update we had later that year, I bet it's possible now and it would definitely speed up crafting large quantities of items.

#7 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

Original post updated with a new image, and information about the idea.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

I think this is quickly becoming over-complicated Banrukai.

You have to keep in mind we will be getting a professions update that makes crafting accessible to all players. Anything prior to that should be very, very simple or be formatted around the professions update. That being said, it would be very very hard to do as almost no details have been released at all.

Take some time and kinda refine the idea, run how it functions through imaginary scenarios and see if you can't detect possible problems. 

Cause some of the features I'd like to see with the professions update is Durability being changed to 'Quality' and it affecting many aspects of your items. 

A high quality weapon could have higher AP than normal, more Accuracy, less weight, slightly faster speed, maybe more potent tertiary stats, or even an extra gem slot. 

So taking possible feature enhancements like that, does your idea still play out? It's important as the update you're proposing is mostly a UI update, and should support possible changes in the future. 

I do support the idea though, in fact I'm trying to encourage you to really focus on quality because it's such a good idea, I'd like to see a quality update for this, not something that wasn't thoroughly planned for. 

Keep it up. 

#9 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

I appreciate the feedback. :)
What are your ideas, or things you think I should change?

This was just a quick concept design, not too much thought into it. But I don't see any bottlenecks in the idea.

As for the future professions update, I have not looked at that, so I don't any information regarding it.

But your idea about the Durability-> Quality, I was already kinda suggesting this with the variable Durability based on the crafters stats.

Edited by Banrukai, 11 December 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#10 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

Like the new concept design, much better explained then your previous one.

#11 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

I'm hoping we can input the digits for the # of items besides the arrow (◄) or (►), because I'm wondering......wouldn't it be hard to press/hold it til it reach 999? If ever this will be implemented this would be my suggestion for crafting numerous items.  :hmm:

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

from a '1' crafting instead of clicking '+' you'd click '-' to cycle round to 999 typically.

But direct input of quantity is always a better option. 

#13 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

from a '1' crafting instead of clicking '+' you'd click '-' to cycle round to 999 typically.

that or you could just have an option to put max like how items are traded when it comes in stacks. Works too

#14 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:30 AM

Input digits or this one. Goooooood

#15 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

or we can have all three :)

#16 Feuer

Feuer