Race to Top Rebel Contest [Update!] - Page 4 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Race to Top Rebel Contest [Update!]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#76 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

i'm still trying to figure out why the OP hasn't been updated

#77 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

no, i made 5 +12 weapons because im rich, did not know what i was doing, and am at the point in my RO career, i just buy things because i can.. So i had to experiment with different gun/weapons/skills to find a viable leveling method. 

The fact is, anyone can buy the vended guns and make +12s. There is no risk in it, because all the weapons are less than 1m. 

Not everyone is as rich as you. So your fact is false already. I still stand on my point that +3 of refinement itself is fine, but they also need to give you guy some kind of medal, maybe a headgear(ranker exclusive). 

Edited by CharAznable, 30 December 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#78 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

the vended guns are like 30k. You get 30k from selling like 10 strawberries. Minigun, The best weapon for Round trip is a level 2 weapon. emveratecon is 200 zeny. 

https://forums.warpp...f/#entry2347599

look at your vend. You can make 200 +12 guns. GTFO with that im poor attitude. 

If youre seriously telling me, You can't scrounge up 1m to make a +12 weapon from an NPC (and 1m is generous amount for this) then you're full of poop too. 

*edit* the price of the gun is 1.6m. A little more pricey, but still a level 2 weapon. You spend more on bullets than you do the weapon to make it +12. 

Edited by Lapphy, 30 December 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#79 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

the vended guns are like 30k. You get 30k from selling like 10 strawberries. Minigun, The best weapon for Round trip is a level 2 weapon. emveratecon is 200 zeny. 

If youre seriously telling me, You can't scrounge up 1m to make a +12 weapon from an NPC (and 1m is generous amount for this) then you're full of poop too. 

Are u blind dude? 

The cheapest weapon with discount is 950k lol

I wasted 20m trying to put something +9 (using my WS) and i broke all  :rice:

Edited by Hissis, 30 December 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#80 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

check the edit bruh

#81 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:02 PM

LOL what? Where I ever said "I'm poor qq?" I just said not "everyone" is rich as you. Go find where I said that. No need to bring in my vending info really either. And why would someone +12 Minigun??? If I were to get my +3 refinement done with this coupon, I'm definately making Tempest +9 whether if i use cert or just use reg ori, or enriched ori. You're bringing cheapest in the npc vending just to make your point, also made false assumption that I said "I'm poor qq" 

Don't need to get angry over something non constructive, which is what you're doing. 

My point of view never came from myself. Its for someone who qqing in that enriched thread and others who never gotten +12 before because of really poor luck. 

If you can't take criticism maturely then idk what to say.

#82 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

The whole point of a prize is to make people know that you won the contest. A +12 does nothing to that end, as they are attainable with a reasonable amount of kp or zeny and if someone sees a +12 gun, they're definitely not going to think that it's a contest prize. 

Edited by WolfTri, 30 December 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#83 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

but they also need to give you guy some kind of medal, maybe a headgear(ranker exclusive). 

Giving different prizes to different ranks wouldn't be appropriate now I think, because it was announced that everyone would get the same prize. Well it sounded like it from the way the announcement was made. But yes, in essence, that's the only thing I'd expect for a prize. Something entirely complimentary.

#84 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

Woah there, chill please.

#85 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

Lol im not angry at you. Im angry at the fact this community thinks that a -_-ty prize is good.

Its exactly like wolf and others said. +12 does nothing. (ps. mini gun is better due to the card slots and the weapon atk not that much differential than the tempest. that way, you can card it with like... MVPs or something that help with the damage) With recent tests, they found that DL conc essences did better than bakonawa, which is priced at 1b.

The fact that you can make a +12 weapon with 30-40m (worst case scenario) and thats a prize? is horrible. If there wasn't a limit (as i've said before in the past) and you could go from +12-+15, then it would be worth it. 

And your arguement for tempest further proves my point that its a -_-ty prize. Tempest is a level 4 weapon, If you want to get it (safely) to +9 you will need certs, and enriched (waste if you ask me because a safe cert is 3x the price of a tempest.) An enriched box is 60-70X the price of a gun. If you chose to do the safe route. Gravity wins because you just payed them XXX dollars to upgrade for a +9. And you might not even get it in the first box. It might take you like 5 boxes. Gravity wins even more. 

To me, the prize is "Give us your money, and we'll give you a "free" +12!!!!!!

Edited by Lapphy, 30 December 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#86 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:13 PM

Giving different prizes to different ranks wouldn't be appropriate now I think, because it was announced that everyone would get the same prize. Well it sounded like it from the way the announcement was made. But yes, in essence, that's the only thing I'd expect for a prize. Something entirely complimentary.

Oh, when I said Ranker, I meant all the people who got in the slots. Sorry for the confusion, and yes. I agree that complimentary prize would be much nicer. Hence why I said they deserve some kind of hat with signature that is exclusive to people who made it into the 1/2/3 in addition to +3 ticket. 

And @ Lapphy

I'm pretty sure that

https://forums.warpp...f/#entry2347599(my market link)

was pointed at me. I don't know what to say if you thought that I wouldn't take it as an offensive act.

Woah there, chill please.

I think someone agrees too.

Edited by CharAznable, 30 December 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#87 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:31 PM

Let me take your reward guys, it seems you dont want it...

#88 Exiled

Exiled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

Everyone who thinks that this prize is good most likely never made it to top Rebel.

Edited by Exiled, 30 December 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#89 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, it was directed at you. Whats the point in defending poor people that didnt win the contest? This is about people that won the contest. In history. Any RO leveling contest, those with the most resources have won. You can still look back on the trans update, the 3rd class update, any major leveling update youre gonna find that those with the most resources won/leveled faster.

Anyone can make it to that level, it takes time, effort and playing the market.

But food for thought, waaaaaaay back in my day before even trans classes were out, before safe certs and +12's. Getting to level 99 got you a upgraded +10 and an interview for the hall of fame. And iirc trans classes was the same. So comparatively the prizes for this are not as good.

#90 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, it was directed at you. Whats the point in defending poor people that didnt win the contest? This is about people that won the contest. In history. Any RO leveling contest, those with the most resources have won. You can still look back on the trans update, the 3rd class update, any major leveling update youre gonna find that those with the most resources won/leveled faster.

But food for thought, waaaaaaay back in my day before even trans classes were out, before safe certs and +12's. Getting to level 99 got you a upgraded +10 and an interview for the hall of fame. And iirc trans classes was the same. So comparatively the prizes for this are not as good.

Getting to 150 got you a +11/+12 of any gear. That was without safe certs etc. Making it even more valuable. Really unsure why this contest should have any less of a reward.

#91 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

The whole point of a prize is to make people know that you won the contest. A +12 does nothing to that end, as they are attainable with a reasonable amount of kp or zeny and if someone sees a +12 gun, they're definitely not going to think that it's a contest prize. 

How exactly does giving someone a free +1 to their equipment provide any sort of recognition? It just helps them avoid spending more KP to get the grade of the item they want.

Back in the day when this was the reward, it was a MUCH bigger deal because there were no safe ways to get a higher grade.

Anyone can get their item to +13 or +14 safely, it just requires an insane amount of resources which I don't think equals the intensity/cost of this contest.

Lapphy is correct that requiring a +9 item to get something to +12 kinda acts like a cost to obtain your prize. To fix this, I think the prize just needs to be settled as "+12 Gun item of your choice, with your name on it."

That will settle this whole "recognition" and "free money to gravity" problem.

Edited by Demeris, 30 December 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#92 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

Wow, a +10 item back then just for getting level 99? This server certainly was generous.

#93 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

You got a +3 upgrade, it was never a +10 for pre-trans and trans.

A lot of people passed around the same item though and stacked them or bought an upgrade from someone else.
I placed a few times and the only time it was +10 or higher was when 3rd classes came out and we got a +12 upgrade, but it had to be something you used while leveling.

Edit - I don't remember what the prizes were for the other expanded classes, I remember they had a race for TKs, etc.

Edited by Myzery, 30 December 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#94 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

You got a +3 upgrade, it was never a +10 for pre-trans and trans.

A lot of people passed around the same item though and stacked them or bought an upgrade from someone else.
I placed a few times and the only time it was +10 or higher was when 3rd classes came out and we got a +12 upgrade, but it had to be something you used while leveling.

Still, that is pretty cool, certainly wasn't anything like that in oRO.

#95 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

I honestly thought this was a decent prize until Kali explained that you can buy most of the guns from an npc.
Even a +1-2 upgrade to any item would be better imo.

I do understand the Rebel fanatics that are happy with the gun upgrade too.
If it was straight to +12 on a gun it would be nicer... idk.

#96 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

No one who won are rebel fanatics afaik. I haven't even logged onto it aside from alting it in malangdo since I finished leveling mine.

Edited by KamiKali, 30 December 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#97 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

No one who won are rebel fanatics afaik.

Ah I thought Hisis or w/e placed.

Maybe he's hoping for the story part.

He seems to be pretty fanatical about the novelty classes.

#98 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

Was there a Race for Kagerou/Oboro? I couldn't remember if there was any race for them.

#99 Exiled

Exiled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

No one who won are rebel fanatics afaik. I haven't even logged onto it aside from alting it in malangdo since I finished leveling mine.

Same here. 

#100 djcflores

djcflores

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

Well i'm 3rd in Thor i still use my Rebel even on WoE i spam Anti-Material Blast to "Tanky" people so my guildmate can easily kill them besides that i just use Round Trip to unhide those pesky SC ang Guillotine Cross. anyway back to the what you guys are saying i kinda agree I prefer having a Unique named costume HG than a Free +3 on weapon.. i prefer to use the NPC guns than KvM weapons in WoE.  :p_sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users