12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

Announcements: 

Tuesday maintenance next week! 

Event WoEs start this week on Classic. 

• Stewards Disabled On Castles
  • God Item Creation Scripts Commented Out
    • Melee damage reduced by 25%
    • Ranged damage reduced by 25%
    • Skill Damage reduced by 60%

Please check how this feels for WoE. We will be messing with the FBH card next week for event WoE.

Continuing Events: 

+50% VIP EXP event continues

New for this week: 

Ingame Classic Town hall event next week

Reduced HP on Challenge dungeon monsters

Spotlight on Hugel departs, Aldebaran and Clock tower get spotlit, as well as Lutie/Toy Factory

We are starting to work on a replacement for the Janeway quests that would be a storyline quest that would better introduce places to level and game mechanics to players, while being useful past level 70. 

If you're logged in during the Holidays keep an eye out for a Santa NPC on the 24th/25th that will be giving some nice things

WoE Report: Straight from the GM team.

Spoiler

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:47 AM

-_- where's tolrin to reverse my ban

Being real tho I swapped from Destroyer of Worlds to Eyja half way through because of targetting problems. You can get that validated from my stream VOD or check logs, I dealed my gear off and back about half way through - you didn't even check which characters/guilds were active. What were you relying on? Abstract whining? Quotes from my stream? Hearsay? The fact you can't even find the right character is extremely worrisome!

#logshowdotheywork

#logic

#catering

Anyway, We knew that his was gonna happen! =) It's just a  confirmation of the biases in the game and the priority of things. Likewise, you cannot resist bringing back the WoE Report thread under such a circumstance to protect yourselves from the bias claims. You see, people should/have been banned multiple times in the previous weeks, but much like before, it only matters when a certain group do it.

This is a well rehearsed reply as you can imagine. One that would spray the forums with videos of things that have been reversed/untouched and crushing the thread with the weight of the hypocrisy that goes with it. But My concern goes past that and with the realization it's more about a little bit of self defense and public humiliation from the GM team. A ban was expected because you can see an emblem swap but you can't see the videos shoved under your nose by your own section 9. What I didn't expect was the return of the WoE reports because finally you can say "omg, someone did something on the other side! YAY WE'RE NOT BIASED ANYMORE."

That's the bad part. For Valhalla; a sad confirmation of what we already thought we might know: fear in the GM team because of apparent lopsidedness and community problems.

Edited by Xellie, 15 December 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#3 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

Emblem switching is explicitly against the rules, whatever the debate of whether it is dumb or not, or should be or not, not like a tempban is unreasonable. Though other guild leaders have chimed into previous discussions saying they swap emblems with no issues I believe. IIRC emblem swapping or even not having one used to just be considered rude and not actually breaking any rules.

What I find really amusing though is thinking how many of the people who I'm sure gleefully spam reported her (or supported those doing so) for the rule violation are using actual cheats like AP or other 3pp/edits that are also explicitly disallowed. Prolly also some of the same people who come to forums to throw public tantrums when people get banned, even if the ban was not a mistake.

Maybe they are under the impression they're really slick and getting away with it under the staffs noses (hint, you really aren't at this point). Maybe they just hate xellie that much that they don't care about the hypocrisy.

Point is it's laughable how scared the GM team is to perform proper enforcement of their own rules for fears of "bias". Protip, if your investigation reveals tons of people cheating in some guilds but only one or two in another, that's not bias. That's one side playing by the rules and the other not. Enforcing your rules as people break them is not bias. And to be clear, I don't care who's "side" they are on, anyone breaking the rules should face consequences.

Only being willing to punish the people you KNOW are breaking rules or cheating whenever you can manage to find something to punish their opponents for, and only being willing to hand out those punishments in equal amounts when you KNOW there is significantly more rulebreaking being done on one side than another, THAT is bias.

It's like refereeing a soccer game where one team is constantly shoving the other team to the ground when they think the ref isn't looking, except the ref knows but is only willing to call a mutual foul when the other side gets called for offsides or a handball (or occasionally shoves back). And even then he won't give out cards because he's worried the offending team won't play the game anymore if they aren't allowed to keep physically assaulting their opponents.

But seriously sean has blatantly had that coming for so long lol, glad they were at least not willing to let all hes done go.

Edited by rojoky113, 15 December 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

I wouldn't have had a problem if they hadn't felt the need to bring back the WoE reports for it. It's a dumb af rule but whatever, the consequences as far as a ban were known. The whole public -_-tery that comes along with it being a Valhalla/Xellie ban after the other side cried foul whenever they got touched is not. 

The GM team were so eager to go along with this they didn't even look for the right account :p_laugh:

Oh but I think you quoted me from my stream so someone should have known! fail fail fail fail faillllllllllllllllll

#5 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

So when do the autopot users start getting banned....?

Next year?

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

well next year is in two weeks anyway and event woes are starting soon so...

if ppl gonna AP during event woes that'll be top lels

#7 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:20 PM

If possible could we have access to a PvP enabled map on the test server after this maintenance please?

#8 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

well next year is in two weeks anyway and event woes are starting soon so...

if ppl gonna AP during event woes that'll be top lels

#sorryForgotHowToTurnItOff

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

So when do the autopot users start getting banned....?

Next year?

idk, when are you gonna start using it?! lel

#10 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:38 PM

idk, when are you gonna start using it?! lel

same day I start using Windows again, NEVER.

PS: I can't even use AHK. :|

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

It will be nice when people get banned for actual cheats. Was hoping for ndly or ap catches/bans. 

Edit: Just because something is reported doesn't always mean that the person is doing something wrong. 

Edited by Undying, 15 December 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#12 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

was on test server today did u not install the new items for test woes?  or am i missing the npc

#13 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:56 PM

Teehee

<>

Idk about that but if you getting temp bans is the only way other cheaters get banned too, I highly recommend we start woe-ing without emblems from now on.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:59 PM

Idk about that but if you getting temp bans is the only way other cheaters get banned too, I highly recommend we start woe-ing without emblems from now on.

We can just play guildless for 1hr 50mins on 10 sinxs with identical gear....

#15 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

We can just play guildless for 1hr 50mins on 10 sinxs with identical gear....

now thats the kinda event woe I am looking forward to

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

now thats the kinda event woe I am looking forward to

It's a date :p_idea:

#17 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

It's a date :p_idea:

Wait..hold up...maybe we are moving too fast on this one...

Edit : Commitment issues.

Edited by Heart, 15 December 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

Wait..hold up...maybe we are moving too fast on this one...

Edit : Commitment issues.

Hey, if you're not in a hurry for some hot sonic blow action I'm sure I can find someone else

#19 Gamerstud

Gamerstud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe Desert

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:22 PM

Hot sonic blow action...I think I've seen that fanart somewhere before......by accident.

#20 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:22 PM

Hey, if you're not in a hurry for some hot sonic blow action I'm sure I can find someone else

Hey, I never said no, you know I am always ready for some sonic blow action. ;)

#21 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

Whoever typed up the server message "Hugel are currently spotlight" needs to work on their English.

In other news, are there's seriously no repercussions for harassment in this community? Holy actual f**king s**t you guys need to go get a spinal transplant.

Also what happened to all the WoE reports between the last, god knows how long ago, and now? There have been bans and followups on tickets, but no public reports as were promised? What made you guys revive this now of all times?

Is it because you look like you're being even handed, as if "findings" coming from another guild than the one known almost explicitly for the blatant use of 3pps and treading the line every other weekend (for once) dispels rumors of bias? If anything it just shows that you'll act on anything and seek out any excuse - no matter how tenuous - to save face.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 15 December 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#22 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

Is it possible for Red Beret [1] to be tradable / vendable? Or perhaps release the quest again so I can have red berets on my other alt accounts? :)

Also, the Chocolate Donut does not increase HP... is this intended?

#23 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:16 PM

Petition game too strong. :)  Please investigate thoroughly first and make sure your decision/judgement is final before making the ban reports public.  Otherwise, retracting bans decrease your credibility in the eyes of the community.

Edited by teresias, 15 December 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#24 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

Lmao they couldn't even stick to their ban for a day.

Literally pathetic, there are no other words.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

Hey calm down Eyjafjallajokull will sit out the full duration of his ban because it's deserved =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users