12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#26 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

I thought this was the renewal maint thread. came in to read, lost it at "oral fornication"

#27 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

Any way to improve the odds I guess

#28 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

Where is the update for this upcoming maint?

#29 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

We're all waiting for solutions to the other problems of the server, but...

I will not be the one to criticize staff doing their work. Good job, keep it up.

Also what's new on this maintenance?

#30 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

<snip>

"If you're logged in during the Holidays keep an eye out for a Santa NPC on the 24th/25th that will be giving some nice things"

I would love to get a 2016 Nissan GTR from Santa  :D

VModCinnamon:

I don't think the folks would want that term explained here. Thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 December 2015 - 07:00 PM.
Removed portion of post. Not appropriate.

#31 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

My favorite part is where emblem swapping is worse than 3rd party programs and harassment.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

Okay done streaming for the night, real things

event WoEs:

God creation turned off?

Okolnir turned off?

Treasure turned off?

Global GD?

Please and thank you.

Ok since this all updated here we go:

Character: Xellie

Character: Eyjafjallajokull
Offense: Emblem Switching during WoE

Resolution: This character is banned for the period of 12/15 - 12/18. As a reminder if a character is suspended for a period of time then no item/money restorations are possible for any award, item, treasure, or such that occurs during the suspension period.

Congratulations on proving that you investigate nothing. You didn't even check to see if that character was online during WoE before applying the ban. (Xellie).

Character: heyxsean and all alts, related accounts, etc.
Offense1: GRF Editing, This user edited their GRF to replace trap sprites with a white box outlined in red.  
Offense2: Harassment of another player. This user used every opportunity to harass another specific user including abusing the generosity of the GM team when it came to ill mannered name changes, on the forums, and in game. This user has shown that they will not be a positive member of the iRO community.  There are several cases of harassment that this user was involved with. But the user has already served his time on these.
Resolution: Due to this user's past history of NoDelay usage, abusing USRC for personal gain, bug abuse, and a very very long history of harassment this user is no longer welcome on our service.  There seems to be some confusion with this suspension. We apparently associated Sean with a past user who had a long history with GM team punishments. Several members of the community have confirmed that they are in fact different people. New Resolution: The Sniper involved in the GRF edit is remaining suspended, however all other accounts are being released. User is welcome to play on our service but it urged to not harass other users.

Okay so.... Why is half of this crossed out? The name change things legitly did happen and I am not convinced anything happened as a result of the name change abuse. How many attacks and how long of a prolonged harassment does it need to be in order to just let it slide?

Character: Nyakz`
Offense: Guild Leader impersonation. This character was impersonating the guild leader of "Sons of the South Sea" inviting other users to engage in oral fornication and other activities. This appears to be an attempt to create drama and hate between guilds.

Resolution: Suspended with a chance to appeal. This character is alone on the account and is a level 11 Tae Kwon Kid. If the account is to be released they must under go a name change so that they no longer impersonate that guild leader.

One assumes you guys are looking for the real owner of this sockpuppet account. I would post the screenshots here, they are many and plentiful but I can't be arsed to censor them to make them forum friendly, so people are just going to have to take my word for this. Either way, good job on banning a lone level 11 TKK on a standalone account. I'm sure the perpetrator is extremely bothered.

Oda will be making a post about harassment, our harassment policy, and what kind of harassment players are experiencing right now in game.

Let me save you the effort.

There are plenty of users ingame who experience harassment on a daily basis, many of which don't know how to even report it (see the Sons of the south Sea thing, wherein I needed to explain to the guy how to file a ticket - which btw, is quite above my pay grade).

What sort of harassment happens in this game?

Well aside of repeated attacks on the forums (I'm not talking about blablabla cheats or is bad at RO); I'm talking about the stuff that goes past that. A moment of drama or a disagreement should only be just that, it shouldn't be an ongoing effort to completely destroy someone's ability to take part in the game or persona on the forum. Conflicts happen and sometimes names come up, but it's just the way things are. But it doesn't need to be so aggressive.

What you see on these forums is groups of players who have obviously been discussing what to say/do on their VOIP, executing attacks on the forums to shut down threads by individual players or just over time making many, many shots at these players. On their own these things don't seem bad but they add up and create an atmosphere.

There are video postings... videos made to attack single users and I'm not talking about ingame stuff. RL pics and the likes. Am I bovvered? Only by having to play with people who's behaviour is so puerile that it puts other people off playing. Other great examples might involve stuff like spamming the forums with skype logs, looking for posts by specific users to just reply to aggressively, mass downvoting (oh it gets noticed), circlejerk upvoting attack posts, or even spam reporting. It's all rather dumb. Accusing XYZ user of ruining the game, having GM bias, trying to force them to quit etc.

ingame?

Telling people to kill themselves, not cool. Making party names or guild names to insinuate things about other players also is a bit much. Making spam bots to attack other players? Wait, is this the same ragnarok we played before? btw, rape isn't something to be proud of or strive to do.

Sorta out of game but not really : The stream abuse and -_- talk about streaming? Really? This one might be unique to me and sure I call guilds bad when they don't safety wall me... for good reason perhaps. If you think my stream is toxic because we huehuehue a little bit about enemy guilds, you should listen to the other one directly attacking players. Note guilds, not players. Guilds are just a fictional organization linking a bunch of pixelized characters together. If you don't get the difference, then you have problems. Get therapy.

I'd imagine we all want more people to join the server, but it won't happen when the community acts like this.

I streamed and got 2 people to download iRO classic today. My thanks is a rather thoughtless return of the WoE Report posts because guess what? They had to stop posting them because people would protest if in a certain group/harassed me over any report that was made regardless of if I sent it or not (in part thanks to GM incompetence) and seeing a line drawn under some pretty -_-ty harassment; which only seems to get you asked nicely to stop. I kind of wanted a nice quiet ban, not one I'd get pmed about by half the community. It was admitted that was probably kind of dumb to publicize it given the circumstances but only sean gets the apology.

Meanwhile we have kebtung making spam bots at prontera spawn PMing people with a picture from the RO facebook (yes! It's me! It's on a public facebook and even tagged for you!) Which is he in kids? I noticed some people from a major guild imitating his behaviour attempting to be annoying in game.

There was a reason I asked for some kind of compensation for the work that I've done for the game (which I've been ignored on, but ok) and that reason was that the GMs are so bad at investigating that the players are the ones who take the backlash. The playebase literally makes it punishing to put material out there to promote the server and the GMs make it impossible to want to continue.

It's been a repeated pattern throughout the last few months of Classic. I don't have much to say to those of you who are desperate for the attention, just grow up and let people actually share their enjoyment of the game so we get more players. If you're just here to make people quit or be a douchenozzle, then you'll be the reason Classic fails not me.

#33 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Wow this server really is a complete joke.

#34 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

Tbh, it makes me really sad.

Classic has been the most I have ever enjoyed raganarok, I have a lot of fun on this server. The previous 3-4 times I played back before renewal I ended up quitting after several months. Classic as a server has a lot of potential in my opinion.

But when you look deeper it's so marred by all these issues. Duped mvps, 3pp use like AP/MP hack/NDL, harassment, drama, etc. This stuff is so rampant and it's the type of community you have to try to tolerate just to try and play here. And the longer you play here the more you lose faith that the GM team will do anything to address these issues. Their enforcement is entirely toothless, there is little to no real consequences for engaging in any of these activities or breaking the rules. And it has only grown more and more out of control because of that lack of consequences.

I find myself constantly torn at this point, half the time I am enjoying the game and having fun, and half the time I am so frustrated by the state of the server and the GM team that I want to delete everything and completely walk away. This past weekend I was literally 50-50 on logging in for woe or making a scathing post about this and permaquitting. Things need to change.

#35 Belina

Belina

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

secret

What would your guildleader say?

stuff

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 December 2015 - 10:31 PM.
Let your imagination run wild.

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

member since 2 minutes ago

Tbh, it makes me really sad.

Classic has been the most I have ever enjoyed raganarok, I have a lot of fun on this server. The previous 3-4 times I played back before renewal I ended up quitting after several months. Classic as a server has a lot of potential in my opinion.

But when you look deeper it's so marred by all these issues. Duped mvps, 3pp use like AP/MP hack/NDL, harassment, drama, etc. This stuff is so rampant and it's the type of community you have to try to tolerate just to try and play here. And the longer you play here the more you lose faith that the GM team will do anything to address these issues. Their enforcement is entirely toothless, there is little to no real consequences for engaging in any of these activities or breaking the rules. And it has only grown more and more out of control because of that lack of consequences.

I find myself constantly torn at this point, half the time I am enjoying the game and having fun, and half the time I am so frustrated by the state of the server and the GM team that I want to delete everything and completely walk away. This past weekend I was literally 50-50 on logging in for woe or making a scathing post about this and permaquitting. Things need to change.

Like I told you before, I don't want to see you leave (or anyone for that matter) - but make the post anyway. They gotta know how this -_- affect the community members and not have it all funneled through a few individuals. Say the things. Say what needs to be said to make the change.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 December 2015 - 10:32 PM.
Edited in first quote

#37 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Haven't I said it already? Clearly they are not listening. They refuse to take any action or give any assurances that they will move forward in addressing any of these problems despite repeated topics and threads about them and ripping into them over their indifference and/or incompetence. Clearly they don't care.

Like, the things we know they know that they still refuse to do anything about, it's a total joke.

But please, make sure you get that ban in for emblem changing in woe, nevermind the guild leaders you know are APing lmao.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

fair enough

#39 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

Cue all of the informative posts here being ignored.

Getting a real "We Happy Few" vibe from this game's management.

#40 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

There is so much aggressiveness and heat in here and that makes sense with the ongoing issues but please try not to be rude to each other.

Hello Belina, what's up?

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

There is so much aggressiveness and heat in here and that makes sense with the ongoing issues but please try not to be rude to each other.

Hello Belina, what's up?

That doesn't sound like something I would say to a 2 minute old account that purely registered to make an attack post. :p_sick:

#42 Belina

Belina

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

What's up, Cinnamon? What's up, y'all? Don't mind me, I try my best to stay away from forums but I just couldn't resist the irony. I hope the same advice about leaving right away and not being forced to stay has been passed on.

Feel free to delete my posts as I don't believe they are constructive or useful to the thread (just like more than half of what was posted by other users too). I'll leave the forum stuff to my roommates who actually care about community matters. I just like to kill some mvps.

Take my compliments for banning people that don't respect the rules and for deleting that offensive post (which offended me a lot). Appreciate the quickness and the attention. See you around.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

There's a pretty big difference between attacking someone for their opinion on a topic and coming in to a joke topic and randomly attacking the server and community.

That's not really irony and I hope cinnamod takes your advice and does remove your posts. Going around attacking others for their opinions on a situation that is actually happening (as opposed to just trashtalking in a star wars vs star trek thing and spurting it out at random) is really not cool either.

#44 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

Alright, let's get back on topic.

#45 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

Summing up how classic and its management look to me:

c4jt321.png

Edited by rojoky113, 15 December 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#46 ayana92

ayana92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

Announcements: 

Tuesday maintenance next week! 

Event WoEs start this week on Classic. 

Continuing Events: 

+50% VIP EXP event continues

New for this week: 

Ingame Classic Town hall event next week

Spotlight on Hugel departs, Aldebaran and Clock tower get spotlit, as well as Lutie/Toy Factory

We are starting to work on a replacement for the Janeway quests that would be a storyline quest that would better introduce places to level and game mechanics to players, while being useful past level 70. 

If you're logged in during the Holidays keep an eye out for a Santa NPC on the 24th/25th that will be giving some nice things

I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused.

Is there a maintaince today or it got pushed to Tuesday instead?

#47 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

http://oi58.tinypic.com/33e04nl.jpg

33e04nl.jpg

Edited by GypsyTearss, 15 December 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#48 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:51 PM

How I imagine GM team meetings go:

vuqq0.jpg

Edited by rojoky113, 15 December 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#49 Gamerstud

Gamerstud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe Desert

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused.
Is there a maintaince today or it got pushed to Tuesday instead?

Maintenance this week will be on Wednesday.
Full info here.

The Tuesday announcement is for next week's maintenance. It's a day early next week only(because of the holidays I think).

#50 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

If they did a proper rmt check some of you that think your -_- don't stink would get banned... I'd like to see a GTB check. How many exist to how many have dropped. That would be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users