12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#51 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:59 AM

it occurred to me well listening an un-named player talk down on the alliance im in.... from my point of view im in a guild that im proud to be a part of, with fun and helpful ppl. and although i dont actually kno many ppl in the allied guilds they seem like decent enough ppl as well. so if i were to compare this server to starwars we are like the rebels. now im sure the members of the empire thought they were the good guys an all too. but can you imagine if the deathstar and all the tie fighters an stuff just suddenly diapered? like in the middle of battle all the targeting computers go blank. there's these big rebel symbols all over the place but no empire symbols..... do you get it yet ? eh? eh?

no, but really, im sure from each person's individual viewpoint they are the good guys. but at some point we need to just get the -_- along. (outside WoE of course)

#52 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:30 AM

it occurred to me well listening an un-named player talk down on the alliance im in.... from my point of view im in a guild that im proud to be a part of, with fun and helpful ppl. and although i dont actually kno many ppl in the allied guilds they seem like decent enough ppl as well. so if i were to compare this server to starwars we are like the rebels. now im sure the members of the empire thought they were the good guys an all too. but can you imagine if the deathstar and all the tie fighters an stuff just suddenly diapered? like in the middle of battle all the targeting computers go blank. there's these big rebel symbols all over the place but no empire symbols..... do you get it yet ? eh? eh?

no, but really, im sure from each person's individual viewpoint they are the good guys. but at some point we need to just get the -_- along. (outside WoE of course)

The starwars hype is everywhere heh

#53 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:37 AM

I see. It is speedup's karma. 

Clam down.

#54 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

I see. It is speedup's karma. 

Clam down.

all these speedup fans... make me sick.

#55 jpao123

jpao123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:08 AM

all these speedup fans... make me sick.

take a chill pill...

#56 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:09 AM

classic never fails to deliver

#57 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

What's up, Cinnamon? What's up, y'all? Don't mind me, I try my best to stay away from forums but I just couldn't resist the irony. I hope the same advice about leaving right away and not being forced to stay has been passed on.

Feel free to delete my posts as I don't believe they are constructive or useful to the thread (just like more than half of what was posted by other users too). I'll leave the forum stuff to my roommates who actually care about community matters. I just like to kill some mvps.

Take my compliments for banning people that don't respect the rules and for deleting that offensive post (which offended me a lot). Appreciate the quickness and the attention. See you around.

I still can't get my head off the reason you decided to create a new account, ShinRyoma. Is something wrong with the former account?

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:31 AM

Oh ShinRyoma? Thank for letting me know cinnamon. I will be sure to pass this (along with other stuff from him) to the CM team as part of the ongoing issues. I'm sure this affects our alliance plan. Ryoma, you might want to apologize to Xandy for BRing it up.

@lxst dare you to find anyone talking crap about someone off the screen from my guild. Your alliance are sick with their shenanigans. The stuff they do is outside of WoE. Go read some of the crap that tolrin and eccelsio post as targetted personal attacks on this very forum. Go read everything Kebtung did and what his bots have been doing. THAT is YOUR GUILD and ALLIANCE. Good guys, my arse.

nothing wrong with a little cloaking tech. Did it not occur to you it was done for a reason? Like suddenly being strangely and faster targetted than normal? How were people able to keep up with a fsk stalker with no emblem, in that mess, with allies (target cursor on allies?) And so fast? Maybe it has something to do with client edits that make stalker footprints bright green, or turns the word recall into @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ or maybe it was the old school morroc edit. Either way, with numbers and sudden new found "mad skillz" something weren't right so I decided to test the theory.

I was not disappointed.

Also server alliance lol.

Edited by Xellie, 16 December 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#59 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:32 AM

I still can't get my head off the reason you decided to create a new account, ShinRyoma. Is something wrong with the former account?

#60 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

I share my internet with 3 more people from college that play classic. We've talked about diferentes things worse than it, Xellie. I dont need an alt to express if I disagree with you, do I? I usually joke about all the BR stuff but thats.not related. Belina plays for a while, I wonder what did you do to make him come to forums.
Cinnamon, dont jump into conclusions, please. Please let us BR to BR stuff. Dont BR stuff.

Edit: posting from cell/work so possible grammar -_- and diferentes IP.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 16 December 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:55 AM

I share my internet with 3 more people from college that play classic. We've talked about diferentes things worse than it, Xellie. I dont need an alt to express if I disagree with you, do I? I usually joke about all the BR stuff but thats.not related. Belina plays for a while, I wonder what did you do to make him come to forums.
Cinnamon, dont jump into conclusions, please. Please let us BR to BR stuff. Dont BR stuff.

Edit: postong from cell/work só possible grammar -_- and diferentes IP.

it's the same person that impersonates you on fb and is friends with my guildie and your guildleader amirite

#62 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

So, umm, this is awkward...

Uh, don't mind me... Any work done on checking for legit mvp cards? Examples include: Tao, OH, FBH, GTB ect

Also, will there be work done on this or is this something that is unimportant now?

Edited by Undying, 16 December 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#63 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

Are there plans to release KVM gears anytime soon?

#64 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:17 AM

I lol'd so hard cuz I read it out loud for some odd reason.

Also, hue.

Edit:

Are there plans to release KVM gears anytime soon?

Its soon, same as the day they ban people for 3rd party programs to cheat and not be scared to ban cheaters because "they are scared to be called bias". The iRO patches and kRO aren't 5 years apart. Never.

PS: And lets all just forget about that renewal client for a while as well.

Edited by Heart, 16 December 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#65 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:17 AM

So, umm, this is awkward...

Uh, don't mind me... Any work done on checking for legit mvp cards? Examples include: Tao, OH, FBH, GTB ect

Also, will there be work done on this or is this something that is unimportant now?

After our hardware move we haven't been able to access the server we need for the tools to properly search for possible duped cards. We're working with the IT team to get that connection re-established as soon as we can. 

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

After our hardware move we haven't been able to access the server we need for the tools to properly search for possible duped cards. We're working with the IT team to get that connection re-established as soon as we can. 

Well, that is disappointing.

#67 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

Check your pm's please, Xellie. Let's clear things up not in front of the people otherwise you get things like

classic never fails to deliver

to be true.

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Check your pm's please, Xellie. Let's clear things up not in front of the people otherwise you get things like

to be true.

I'm busy explaining what BRing is to people. ¬.¬

#69 wasabho

wasabho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

sorta unrelated post, but why is the forum the only source to get ANY information on maint, news, event, etc.. I am aware this might be more manageable and facilitates quicker updates/revision, but as a casual player just trying to see what's going on once in awhile, the main site is virtually useless with outdated information / lack of updates. Having official information on the forum instead of its main website just screams unprofessional business practice. Some people don't check the forum frequently so the only way they find out about ongoing events are either through guildies/friends or after rummaging through number of threads. Just my 2cent.

#70 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

Camp / Oda, what is "Ingame Classic Town hall event next week"?

#71 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

Is this why it seems it is easy lately for dupes to appear without detection or punishment?

Can we assume that when this issue is resolved there will be some retroactive enforcement?

And can we expect at any point for you to begin removing dupes still on the server to decrease the oversaturation of illegit items, with proper compensation for any losses to innocent players?

Also can we expect any proper enforcement of people breaking your rules concerning AP and other 3pp once your investigations have properly identified those players?

And as much as I give the staff of this game a hard time, I appreciate you replying and communicating about these issues. There just needs to be more communication, and more actual action. Both in cleaning up your server of bad mannered and illegal activity, and moving forward with changes to improve it.

Edited by rojoky113, 16 December 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#72 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:22 AM

Ok, show is over. Things are sufficiently clear between me and Xellie. I'll leave a PM soon, Cinnamon. I'm greatly disappointed.

Peace,

ry.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

Still waiting on the red twin compensation.....

How do you define retroactive enforcement on dupes? Ban people who bought them / traded for them legally? Remove god items created under a defense benefiting from illegal items? De-level characters leeched off illegal belts? Take away all zeny from players who benefited from illegal red twin LKs in ET?

This runs deep there will never be a resolution or suitable enforcement for the beneficiaries, that's why they need to draw a line under it and move forward and keep the -_- off the server.

It's just too bad the checks can only been done once a week - which is enough time to benefit.

Edited by Xellie, 16 December 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

on topic:

Sean's ban highlights the need for clarity in the Client Edit thread. It is far too ambiguous and is only going to lead to bad things happening.

Personally I think that the only edits allowed in the GRF should be cursor colours, cast circles, auras and big card.

And these should be approved and available from irowiki. (to which blueness has okayed this)

Or we all have to use vanilla clients and they bully section9 into making a cursor colour patcher.

client edits: no 1:1 popup, noshake, bm fix, halluc disable should all be fine

Edited by Xellie, 16 December 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#75 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

Still waiting on the red twin compensation.....

How do you define retroactive enforcement on dupes? Ban people who bought them / traded for them legally? Remove god items created under a defense benefiting from illegal items? De-level characters leeched off illegal belts? Take away all zeny from players who benefited from illegal red twin LKs in ET?

This runs deep there will never be a resolution or suitable enforcement for the beneficiaries, that's why they need to draw a line under it and move forward and keep the -_- off the server.

It's just too bad the checks can only been done once a week - which is enough time to benefit.

Solution would be to do reverse trades until the item goes back to the original duper/buyer from dupe site. Ban the individual and restore all previous trades. It isn't meant to punish the individuals who unknowingly have the duped items, but the items have to be gone in order to have a functioning server. It falls under the over saturation of player:gear ratio and exponentially brings up the high power gears. For example (100% hypothetically) a single legit or two FBH isn't a huge deal, but when there is the potential of 6+ on a server that are duped then it becomes a big deal.

I personally wouldn't be offended if any of my MVP cards were illegit and I was refunded the trade. It would be whatever and I'd get a poring+poporing+10z back or for other ones billions.

The staff not handling reversing the trades falls on them, not on the intent to remove items that shouldn't exist. Again, the items should never have existed. The staff should have done something about this and stayed on top of it. Instead it didn't happen and it has ruined many aspects of the playing experience of the Classic server. Failure to do anything about this means it mind as well be in a "grey area", illegal but not going to be banned... They have needed to do something about it for years and years, they have to start sometime (too late?). It is important for them to go through it slowly and make sure that reverse trade/compensation is on point to not upset the innocent players who may lose out on items they believed were legit.

Pure RMT (not duped) is slightly different. It is still illegal, but at the very least the -_- isn't duped (again, specifically RMT of non duped). So it moves hands in the server, but it doesn't increase the over saturation due to the item actually being "earned" at one point in time. It is all "wrong" and the person buying it is a total idiot, but the item (at a minimum) was legit made/found. 

Edited by Undying, 16 December 2015 - 10:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users