[Feedback] Multi-Dye System - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Feedback] Multi-Dye System

10 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

Hello, Midgardians!

We want to gather feedback and ideas on our recent Winter 2015 Update.

This topic will cover the Multi-Dye System.

Here is the guide for the Multi-Dye System

Here is the Patch Notes for the update

In order to keep feedback organized, we want to provide some useful tips:

• Bullet points help keep feedback concise!

You can always go into more detail below the bullet point to express your feedback, idea, suggestion, or criticism in further detail.

• Stick to the topic at hand

If feedback from another system is related to this system, then it makes sense to also mention it here. But, for example, posting about how WoE balance needs to be addressed within the Transmogrification feedback topic is like firing an arrow at someone else's target. It might be a bullseye, but you won't get points for it.

If we get enough feedback on these topics, there's a possibility that these issues can get addressed sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Njoror

#2 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

I love the new dye system. I hope to see this available on older costumes, and not just the new ones. 

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

Would like to see more direct dye purchases rather than be stuck with the RNG dye system. If people want to pay more to pick exactly what colors they want, why not let them? Seems like a win-win to me.

I love the new dye system. I hope to see this available on older costumes, and not just the new ones.

They would have to revamp all old costumes and gear to have 3 different color sections, which will take quite a while to do. Some of the old gears have a two-color scheme so I don't know how they'd be able to fit those into the transmog system unless they make it so the 3rd option is greyed out.

#4 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

They would have to revamp all old costumes and gear to have 3 different color sections, which will take quite a while to do. Some of the old gears have a two-color scheme so I don't know how they'd be able to fit those into the transmog system unless they make it so the 3rd option is greyed out.

Yes this is true, but it does open up the idea to revisit some old costumes in the future. Costumes get re-released all the time. The design team could focus a little on the items monthly instead of randomly if they decided to do this. It just opens up options for the future, that's all. 

#5 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:22 AM

Nothing to say great idea if it works i didn't try it yet

#6 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

^This <3 :3

Nothing else to say haha

#7 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

Would like to see more direct dye purchases rather than be stuck with the RNG dye system. If people want to pay more to pick exactly what colors they want, why not let them? Seems like a win-win to me.

Current old costumes already have greyed out the Part B and Part C, so it's not impossible to add only the Part B for the two-color scheme  costumes.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

Current old costumes already have greyed out the Part B and Part C, so it's not impossible to add only the Part B for the two-color scheme  costumes.

So all costumes in-game are open to transmog? That's neat.

#9 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

So all costumes in-game are open to transmog? That's neat.

No. Costumes can not be used for transmog. Old gear and the transmogrification "costumes" from Cheny can only be used for it. The dye system is available on gear and costumes like they always have with additions to some costumes or appearances. 

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

No. Costumes can not be used for transmog. Old gear and the transmogrification "costumes" from Cheny can only be used for it. The dye system is available on gear and costumes like they always have with additions to some costumes or appearances.

Derp, forgot I was in the dye thread. But that's rather confusing there's two different costume systems in-game and we can't use use items from one costume system for the other costume system.

#11 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

Derp, forgot I was in the dye thread. But that's rather confusing there's two different costume systems in-game and we can't use use items from one costume system for the other costume system.

No worries. We did request the transmog costumes get a new name so they wouldn't be confused. its understandable :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users