Discussion: Removing the Gate of Prontera and expanding the Emp's radius where you can build weapons - Page 5 - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Discussion: Removing the Gate of Prontera and expanding the Emp's radius where you can build weapons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#101 Mugenjou88

Mugenjou88

I made it Off Topic

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

In today's WOE it was a "touch of God" that opened the gate, it can't be considered as a bug technically.

This claim is without proof, I am not sure if "God" was involved in this.

I was there, no one touch the orb and suddenly *TADDDAAA* LOL!! let's see what will happen next.
Y7mt5WA.png

#102 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:46 AM

Cross Impact out of hide against hidden players? I was using ghost palaquin with the invisibility buff on, and you came and used that skill when there was nobody else around. I really wonder how a skill that requires a target to be used can be casted under those conditions.... but maybe I am the one who is missing something here.

#103 Mugenjou88

Mugenjou88

I made it Off Topic

• 71 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

^ it wasn't me, hitting ghost palanquin with Cross impact isn't my style and it's impossible to hit a player when they got invisibility buff on with a single target skill, maybe you could send me a SS via PMs, where and when the incident occurred and i'll provide you a video to cast out your doubts.

#104 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

I was there, no one touch the orb and suddenly *TADDDAAA* LOL!! let's see what will happen next.
Y7mt5WA.png

I wasn't there, so I have no idea.  However this tiny little screenshot doesn't go far as any kind of proof.  Someone could have died and respawned while the message was still on screen or even jumped off the side and got away for all we know.  If you had a video that can clearly show "no one" touched it then I would absolutely believe you.  I have reason to believe you because I've already submitted the bug report to two GM's how this is being done, if in fact it's being done by an opposing guild.  It's the same bug that people are abusing to get grass while in hide and I've caught many people doing it.  I think this bug in particular is very flexible on what you can do with it, you might even be able to cast a skill and hide immediately.

^ it wasn't me, hitting ghost palanquin with Cross impact isn't my style and it's impossible to hit a player when they got invisibility buff on with a single target skill, maybe you could send me a SS via PMs, where and when the incident occurred and i'll provide you a video to cast out your doubts.

We also know that there IS in fact a bug that allows for targetting of people in hide so they can be struck by single target or aoe attacks.  Not sure if it's a bug that only happens under certain circumstances or if in fact it can be abused or not, that is yet to be proven.  So not to say that you did in fact do what he claims, but the over all possibility of someone doing it is there.

#105 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

Your name and the name of the skill showed in the Combat log tab, unless it's a display error I have no reasons to think otherwise. The first time in that WoE that you killed me while I was using ghost pala in the hide state you used grimtooth and I was near a guildmate, I admit you might have targetted him and I got wiped by the AOE. The second time, there is no doubt. I was running alone and died with no one to be seen (not even you after my screen went gray), and the log claimed CI by you.

I don't have video proof of it, maybe I should start recording my WOE sessions.

Sorry for the offtopic.

#106 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

How is defending any WoE gate or orb hard to do?

Gate = Spam seige, shield boomerang, and judex.  All three of these things take no effort to do and can even be macroed on alts (which sadly a lot of people do).

Orb = Spam AOE... Again, requires no effort; any low level player, alts, or even a bot can accomplish this.

As for splitting up the guild, not necessary to do on Pront.  The main gate and the choke point to South fort is right next to each other.

Let me make this easy for you:

How is defending any WoE gate or orb hard to do?

There, maybe you'll answer my question this time instead of ignoring it and taking stabs at me for no reason :( Please give us your opinion from your point of view especially since apparently I have "no experience" in this field.  So Please enlighten everybody by answering my question and contribute to the thread.

Thanks <3 :3

Now can you see all the man power the Prontera guild can save due to the main gate being there?  If you think splitting up force into 2 is a hard task, think about the people in Morroc, they have to split into 5.  What make people think the East and West forts in Prontera should come as a gift with the castle and never need to be defended?  How about splitting force there too just to be fair?  and that means removing the gate.

You keep failing to mention the main gate make a difference when defending south under the situation that Prontera is owned by the same guild/alliance.  I will say this again like a broken record, defenders that are supposed to defend the left castle gates + right castle gates + east fort + west fort in Prontera can be put into defending the main gate + south fort. Plus the original amount of defender that should be defending a fort.

Up for this ~ Enough reason to remove prontera gate maybe, especially after last woe's result  :pif:

#107 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Up for this ~ Enough reason to remove prontera gate maybe, especially after last woe's result  :pif:

So is this...serious? or a troll?  I am confused.  I still agree, I'd also use today's woe as a good example.

#108 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

a change in woe status & ye it turned out not boring this time. i will draw a preliminary conclusion in future wars. but gladly more woe participants.

#109 jesseclane

jesseclane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:26 PM

Gratz to certain guild who win pf castlefort

#110 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

I cannot understand this other than that you agree the main gate shall be removed since you gave no reason nor argument in your post to disagree.

The main point of removing the gate is to make it fair in such a way (relative to the Morroc WoE map) that a single guild/alliance holding the map need to put people to defend their own forts/castle (behind the gate) instead of leech the defend off the wall and main gate.  

Regarding the most recent WoE and the next one, they both fail (/ will fail) to prove any point that someone was trying to prove.  Reason was given previously before it happened.  Rival guilds are behind the main gate now.  The guild said they will take back the map next woe is the holder of south fort and an upper fort.  This just tell us for the start of next woe, the main gate isn't going to matter, at least 2 guilds will be able to attack the castle and upper forts regardless of the gate being up or down.  Wait what? I thought the main gate is the whole matter in discussion and in this "proving" claim.  What a joke.

I guess some guild changed their mind and decided to secure their position for the next WoE even though it was said:

On 06.01.2016, we will be giving out PF to free-for-all, we voluntarily reset our castle and all forts in PF for the sake of proving ...  

Then, we will contest for it again in the next war to see if the removal of first gate is really necessary because it's too hard to down.

Well I can tell you already, by having south fort, the first gate is not going to be too hard to down.  Or that having an upper fort, the main gate will not be blocking the way at all.  The "contest for it again" is going to be easy and painless.  Gratz.

I didn't expect spreading lies in forum is considered as a strategy.  I looked up the forum rules and it said

Creating false rumors and information will lead to disciplinary action. This includes conspiracy threads or posts.

Where should we report this?

#111 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Rival guilds are behind the main gate now.  The guild said they will take back the map next woe is the holder of south fort and an upper fort.  This just tell us for the start of next woe, the main gate isn't going to matter, at least 2 guilds will be able to attack the castle and upper forts regardless of the gate being up or down.  Wait what? I thought the main gate is the whole matter in discussion and in this "proving" claim.  What a joke.

I guess some guild changed their mind and decided to secure their position for the next WoE even though it was said:

Well I can tell you already, by having south fort, the first gate is not going to be too hard to down.  Or that having an upper fort, the main gate will not be blocking the way at all.

Don't cover the fail tactic in pront woe by saying that mention guild changed their mind. Why don't the rival guild secure south fort first before going for castle? Does the rival guild too worry that other guild which actually still in other map take it when they busy getting south? Did the rival guild ever think about getting south, not in last minute?

You also said that guild get south so next woe they can open gate. That means you agree with 2 woe tactic for getting castle. Why whining when other guild can use this tactic too tbh?

That is the problem.  Why should an attack on Prontera castle take 2 WoEs to execute (just the plan, might not success) when taking Morroc castle can be done in 1 WoE.  

I am not saying it must take (at least) 2 WoEs to take Prontera castle.  But since that is what you expect if a guild is to attempt Prontera, what is your reason for a guild to take the harder route?  Under what circumstance would a guild choose to perform this 2 step process over going to Morroc and call victory in 1 WoE?  Keep in mind that a guild's WoE attendance can be unpredictable, executing a plan for 1 WoE is already difficult to get it perfect.  The 2 step process contain double the risk and unknown variables than a plan for just 1 WoE.

Your mentioned guild get south and upper fort in prontera because not even one guild want to contest for morroc that time, after castle change.
Why don't some go to Morroc and call victory in 1 WoE, just like you mentioned?

Edited by 7843140731162112220, 07 January 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#112 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

1. Because there was a lie.

2. Because the main gate is open.

Edited by Cartian, 07 January 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#113 jesseclane

jesseclane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

Some guild take whole pf, all other guild go contest mf

Some guild take whole mf, all other guild go contest pf

So in the end, why no/all guild avoid to contest with this particular guild? 

I think with this particular guild taking whole mf, there will be suggestion in the future.. like

1) making Emperium near entrance for easy attacking at MF

2) since fort is without gate, why emp should have gate too?

3) making flying kapra fly directly to emp room from entrance

Cant wait to see suggestion (2), removing MF main gate

#114 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Don't cover the fail tactic in pront woe by saying that mention guild changed their mind. Why don't the rival guild secure south fort first before going for castle? Does the rival guild too worry that other guild which actually still in other map take it when they busy getting south? Did the rival guild ever think about getting south, not in last minute?

You also said that guild get south so next woe they can open gate. That means you agree with 2 woe tactic for getting castle. Why whining when other guild can use this tactic too tbh?

Your mentioned guild get south and upper fort in prontera because not even one guild want to contest for morroc that time, after castle change.

One guild did go to Morroc and call victory in 1 WoE.  The defending guild instead of fighting at all costs, like previouisly stated, bounced from the map as soon as they lost and never fought back like usual.

Honestly I don't care, this might even be better, lets just pretend Morroc doesn't exist now and we can all fight in Prontera! :p_hi:

#115 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

1. Because there was a lie.

2. Because the main gate is open.

Do you even know main gate will reset when castle owner change? That's not the reason for not taking south.

#116 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

That was to answer your last question, "Because the main gate is open" there are equal opportunity in both Prontera and Morroc forts.  People are not limited to 2 forts in Morroc and just south fort in Prontrea.  So you agree and observed this as well.

#117 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

One guild did go to Morroc and call victory in 1 WoE. The defending guild instead of fighting at all costs, like previouisly stated, bounced from the map as soon as they lost and never fought back like usual.

Honestly I don't care, this might even be better, lets just pretend Morroc doesn't exist now and we can all fight in Prontera! :p_hi:

No one want to go against certain guild sadly.

This good too, just remove whole morroc woe map let prontera only.

#118 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

Some guild take whole pf, all other guild go contest mf

Some guild take whole mf, all other guild go contest pf

So in the end, why no/all guild avoid to contest with this particular guild? 

Oh really? For the WoE before the last one, Morroc WoE had no action for at least the first 55 minutes.

Are you talking about that guild that used to own Morroc castle and now moved to Prontera castle or you are only thinking from one side of the map.

#119 quickiee

quickiee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

ima help answer, small guild mentality...

cheers

#120 TomatoChan

TomatoChan

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

During WOE map reset in December 2015, Guild B took whole PF (within 5-10 minutes). Yesterday's PF map was abandoned by Guild B (which went for MF) basically Free For All for at least 30 minutes and yet no guild took whole of PF. On the other hand, MF was peaceful and totally no pvp at all. The question would not be which map is easy/hard to defend, but rather what strategy applies.

Instead of asking for changes in games to accommodate you, why not revise your strategies and complain less?

It's easy to defend pf? *hands vaselin - apply on burn area*

#121 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

No one want to go against certain guild sadly.

This good too, just remove whole morroc woe map let prontera only.

Really?  Really? No one?  Come on, I don't care what you guys say, we fight you.  What fun is WoE if everyone sits in their respective forts or castles?

I 100% support your idea of removing Morroc!  I've said it before I'll say it again.

#122 Raios

Raios

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Yeah. maybe that's the best solution why not Remove the Morroc Map ? or make it new schedule (Saturday WOE) Prontera/Morroc Map and (Wednesday WOE) Prontera/Morroc Map so that WOE will be more fun.

#123 adamch

adamch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:07 PM

Regarding the most recent WoE and the next one, they both fail (/ will fail) to prove any point that someone was trying to prove.  Reason was given previously before it happened.  Rival guilds are behind the main gate now.  The guild said they will take back the map next woe is the holder of south fort and an upper fort.  This just tell us for the start of next woe, the main gate isn't going to matter, at least 2 guilds will be able to attack the castle and upper forts regardless of the gate being up or down.  Wait what? I thought the main gate is the whole matter in discussion and in this "proving" claim.  What a joke.

Well I can tell you already, by having south fort, the first gate is not going to be too hard to down.  Or that having an upper fort, the main gate will not be blocking the way at all.  The "contest for it again" is going to be easy and painless.  Gratz.

I didn't expect spreading lies in forum is considered as a strategy.  I looked up the forum rules and it said

Where should we report this?

On 06.01.2016, we will be giving out PF to free-for-all, we voluntarily reset our castle and all forts in PF for the sake of proving ...

Then, we will contest for it again in the next war to see if the removal of first gate is really necessary because it's too hard to down.

Firstly ,the previous defending Guild of PF did left the map without any sort of defense, thus resetting the ownership of all properties to attacking guilds. Secondly, the quote did not state that they will not contest for any fort/castle after ownership reset to another guild. As far as I can tell, they have fulfilled their promises of Free-for-All and voluntary reset of PF ownership. There is no mentioned that they will not retake any fort/castle in PF unless u can prove otherwise. 

As a Vcr yourself, I would suggest you read and analyze statements carefully before making any assumption. More and more so when you are accusing someone by calling them a liar and threaten to report them with your false accusation.

So in order for your rival guild to prove their point, there must be a guild/alliance that is actually capable of owning the whole of PF. This is because its necessary for the South Fort/Main Gate defense strategy to apply, which everyone can tell that it's not as easy based on the previous WoE and probably the next few WoEs. 

This thread keep stating that the removal of the Main gate is necessary in order to avoid the dominance of PF by employing the south fort/main gate defensive strategy. Has anyone ever realized the fact that a Guild/Alliance must first dominate the whole PF map before the strategy can be executed ? How many WoE guilds out there are actually capable of dominating the whole PF and successfully executing the defend strategy ?

#124 jeffburg09

jeffburg09

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

How many WoE guilds out there are actually capable of dominating the whole PF and successfully executing the defend strategy ?

its like only 2 Guilds were able to dominate and defend but with the group of people :)

so please to those who says occupying and defending the whole WOE map is easy should not be coming from people who didn't or rather can't achieve such a thing... these  Group of people don't even dare to say defending whole PF is easy coz these people work "Hard" for it  defending it every WOE, They Bite rather than Bark...

since WOE is introduced no one even complaint about the Prontera Main Gate, why now when 1 skill can easy hit around atleast100k++ on average, then why the urge to remove it :) 

these people were successful dominating every guild in WOE,these 2 guild started their Legacy from being fortless to being "WHOLE WOE MAP HOLDERS" without complaining to GMs, suggesting nonsense stuffs just to have an upper hand in battle... 

- last WOE PF was abandoned, gates open now that is taking over is what u can call Easy and "HAD" the chance to try what these certain People Claim "easy to defend"

- the problem is certainly is not the"Prontera Gate"

the problem is certainly are  these people's(guilds)" EGO" that they wanted to be the best but can't.

#125 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

The responsibility of "proving a point" is not on anybody else but the person that said it, nobody is asking to prove anything.  Only someone voluntarily and confidently trying to do us a "favor" and then ended up eating his words.

Well how else is this going to happen?  If it can't be done then just scratch it in advance no big deal.  Don't have to fake a show.

So "in the next war" how are we going to "see if the removal of first gate is really necessary"?  You tell me after you analyze the statement carefully.  I didn't know having south fort and an upper fort will make the main gate any difference than not having the main gate.

As a VCR I already pointed it out to another VCR xkazehanax that the arrangement will fail to prove anything related to this topic here and here.

You seems to just realize this point, however as a VCR if you did realize it earlier you could have stopped the show by adding your opinion earlier.

Additionally, https://forums.warpp...osed/?p=2354355

We're giving out the whole PF map as a gift on 6th of January, 2016.

Did anyone get a gift of south fort or west fort in PF on 6th of January, 2016?

When I get that 3 days VIP as a gift, it didn't disappear until the 3 days are up.

Edited by Cartian, 07 January 2016 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users