5 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:00 AM

As we all surely know playing an invoker or a summoner is all about spamming that one X button. Things that effect the speed at which you are able to spam it are of course atk speed and the quality of ones pc, but above all that a piece of hardware with macro capabilities, be it a mouse or a keyboard.

Now in my mind this is quite bothersome, not only because a mechanical keyboard makes you be much more effective compared to those who do not own something like that, but also because only when you have this piece of hardware do basic attacks work as they should work in my mind.

At least in my mind it makes no sense that when you hold the attack button down, the attacks come in incredibly slow, but if you smash that key to bits it goes fast. I suppose this is the same for all classes but especially the ones that rely on basic attacks as their dmg source it gets ridiculous.

So what I propose is making holding down the x button spam attacks if not as fast as possible (as fast as you would with a macro), at least as fast as you as a human could smash that button. In my opinion this is how it should have been from day one.

Also I'd guess this should be achieveable, the first 2 attacks you do by pressing x down go fast, and after that it goes down to the nice 1 atk per second. So the premise is there.

#2 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:58 AM

To me this seems like a bad idea as it promotes classes such as the invoker, summoner and archer to just x spam. The classes were not intended to be played as such where if anything, the x-spamming should be nerfed, not "buffed" by increasing its efficiency. 

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

The invoker is clearly ment to do pretty much nothing but x-spam to deal damage, same could be said about summoners. X-spam is not good enough on other classes for this to effect them. This would be quality of life change like no other, and also level the playing field.

#4 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:30 AM

Hmm, just as a principle... I would refuse any kind of buff or anything to attack-speed-reliant classes for now. I'm not too into making it easier for overpowered classes...

Edited by Homurasan, 19 December 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:39 AM

The thing is most people who main these classes already have it be like this. If you are against this just because you don't want more ppl to play these classes I can somewhat understand that. At the same time, if the only reason for people not to play a class is because it is extremely annoying and potentially physically harmful to play, there is something wrong.

In addition, I don't think too many people would switch to a summoner or a invoker because let's be honest, they are not that exciting to play. That's just speculation though.

In my opinion this change should be made regardless of class balance because it is not directly a buff, since you wouldn't be stronger, and if and when nerfs come, x-spam will be still their main dmg source. So might as well do this.

And doubt this is that easy to achieve, and would take time get working. In this case it could be released with the nerfs. In my opinion this change makes all the sense in the world, I just want it to happen! ^^

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:20 PM

Literally I don't mean to "promote" X-spammer class. The main purpose is not making imbalance since other people can "hold X" by gamepad which does not stop themselves anyway. So even though it brings more "strength" but I still feel fine. Generally other classes can use gamepad but it just simply does not fit well with non-X spammers.

igzU1Rg.png

*Topic distractor : How I see X-spammer classes is they are originally designed as support, not damage carrier.

- Invoker : Is it a tank or a support or damage carrier that makes a lot of damage, regenerate hp a lot?

- Summoner : Is it a summon dependant or something else that is much more way stronger than its own "pet"?

The main damage is from Smart Shot, Double Shot, Diffusion Cannon. Cutting off will make a huge different.

Edited by SoulSight, 20 December 2015 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users