ROCKheir's Gear and Etc Proposals/Suggestions - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ROCKheir's Gear and Etc Proposals/Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

my trapper hat idea already posted here
https://forums.warpp...l-thread/page-8

seems like the thread also been abandoned

#27 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

my suggestion is just to bring back what autumn headband original effect was, and place it to your ranger goggles

Can you share it here, please? I haven't had the chance to get a glimpse of the actual supposed AHB headgear effect but I heard that it's a little problematic because it seeks to directly increase the damage of ranger traps including some traps with quite different working damage formula or something like that that it was deemed impossible to have the headgear retain its proposed effects.

#28 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

my trapper hat idea already posted here
https://forums.warpp...l-thread/page-8

seems like the thread also been abandoned

Damn! Suddenly my douche gear proposals on that page. xD Wonder when Oda will be looking for more gear ideas from the community.

'Nyways, your trapper hat effect looks neat. Would you mind if I borrowed some ideas from your proposal? Never played Trap Ranger before and my bro's Ranger is AS build. I'm like trying to explore an uncharted area out of my will to help those who clamor for fairness in the existing class builds. xD So I'd really appreciate stuff coming from those who know better bout trappers. ^^

Edited by ROCKheir, 30 May 2016 - 08:43 AM.

#29 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

If they balance Geneticist, GX and RK, then removing the AHB's current effect would be welcome.

Methinks he's not really suggesting for the removal of AHB's current effect but rather for the transfer of AHB's original effect (which was for trap rangers) to my Ranger Goggles. 

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

Methinks he's not really suggesting for the removal of AHB's current effect but rather for the transfer of AHB's original effect (which was for trap rangers) to my Ranger Goggles. 

Who knows, but either way the AHB gives a little boost to compete with the other 3, would be good to do away with it sometime when some PVM balance hits the scene.

#31 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

Who knows, but either way the AHB gives a little boost to compete with the other 3, would be good to do away with it sometime when some PVM balance hits the scene.

But if you'd think about it, if the AHB AS buff will be removed in the future, that will mean less damage output for rangers (and same with the other OP classes in case of PVM rebalance). It's just fine as it is, but if we take into consideration the monstrous HP pools of the incoming bio5 monsters (and other high level monsters included in that episode/patch for that matter), parties would definitely have a hard time completing dungeon runs with lesser damage they're only able to dish out. I say, leave these OP classes be and just buff the PVM capacity of other classes/unpopular builds to balance things out.

Edited by ROCKheir, 29 May 2016 - 04:43 AM.

#32 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

Yo! I've finally gotten back to my gear proposals and while most of what I have in mind are yet to take shape, allow me to share what I've come up with thus far. The following gears are, for the most part, created to buff the weak and less-favored builds and are designed to aesthetically match Gravity's design for 3rd classes (original or dyed). Do note that most of my proposed headgears are either loosely or largely based on the existing in-game headgears in iRO. With regards to visuals, here I have provided the proposed Headgear Designs as well as how these headgears would look like when worn, to facilitate the understanding of the designs and their dimensions. 

2rom54p.png2cp6nvr.png
Adama [1]
Lv160
Maestro Only
Top Only
Def: 10
Dex+3 Vit+3 Mdef+5
Reduces Fixed Cast Time of [Deep Sleep Lullaby] and [Great Echo] by 30%
When refined to +7, each refine level increases [Reverberation] and [Great Echo] damage by 2%
When refined to +9, reduces Fixed Cast Time of [Deep Sleep Lullaby] and [Great Echo] by 20%
When refined to +12, reduces SP Consumption of [Frigg’s Song] and [Reverberation] by 25%

Rationale: Main purpose is to "popularize" the neglected performer skills and to establish the Maestro as the certified "Physical Performer".

24yqy5u.png2816fbo.png
Swan Crown [1]
Lv 160
Wanderer Only
Top Only
Int+6 Mdef+5
Reduces Fixed Cast Time of [Deep Sleep Lullaby] and Magic Spells from [Improvised Song] by 30%
When refined to +7, each refine level increases Matk by 1%
When refined to +9, reduces Fixed Cast Time of [Deep Sleep Lullaby] and Magic Spells from [Improvised Song] by 20%
When refined to +12, increases success rate of [Deep Sleep Lullaby] by 25% and increases [Deep Sleep] status duration by 4 secs

Rationale: Main purpose is to "popularize" the neglected performer skills; ensure the maximum damage output of Metallic Sound thru Deep Sleep Lullaby; and establish the Wanderer as the certified "Magic Performer".

fxgqz6.png11afl7c.png
Ranger’s Goggles [1]
Lv160
Ranger Only
Top Only
Dex+3 Int+3 Mdef+5
Increases Ranger Trap Range by 2*
When refined to +7, each refine level increases Atk by 1
When refined to +9, each 2 refine levels increases Int and Vit by 1
When refined to +12, increases maximum number of traps place-able at once by 1
*Ranger Traps that deal no damage gain no range increase 

Rationale: Main purpose is to make Trap Rangers, to some degree, as attracting as Arrow Storm Rangers in terms of AoE killing.

vxdk6q.png11tbla1.png
Papal Mitre [1]
LV160
Arch Bishop Only
Top Only
Int+3 Vit+3 Mdef+5
Increases [Renovatio] skill duration by 90 secs and [Epiclesis] skill duration by 30 secs
When refined to +7, each refine level increases effectiveness of Healing skills by 1%
When refined to +9, each refine level decreases Floating and Fixed Cast Time by 1%
When refined to +12, reduces Cooldown of [Epiclesis] and [Prefatio] by 25%

Rationale: Main purpose is to prolong the annoyingly short durations of the featured skills to make Arch Bishops fare better in self and party support.

ddkh1x.png4zzzgo.png
Magic Stone Crown [1]
Lv160
Warlock Only
Top Only
Def:10
Int+6 Mdef+5 Max SP+10%
Increases Magic Damage by 20% and reduces Fixed Cast Time of skills by 20%
When refined to +7, each refine level increases Mdef Bypass and Matk by 1%
When refined to +9, each refine level decreases Floating Cast Time by 1%
When refined to +12, increases damage of [Jack Frost] and [Comet] by 25%

Rationale: Main purpose is for Warlocks to reclaim their title as strongest AoE. At present, Jack Frost damage is a joke and Comet damage is quite nothing compared to AS.

Stay tuned. Weapon Proposals will come soon then a new batch of gears for the other classes.  :no1:

Other Suggestions:
- Performer: Waterball should not be forced lv5 even at higher levels of Improvised Song. It should act as the "trump card" of the skill similar to the Death Card of Tarot Card of Fate.
- Performer: Change Siren's Voice to Chaos' Voice for Maestros. SV looks so girly and I think it's the improved version of Sexy Wink. So since Maestros have Pang Voice which confuses a target, why not make an improved (AoE) version of it to replace Siren's Voice. Consequently add an icon/emoticon replacing the heart emoticon to indicate if the enemy has been affected by the skill.
- Performer: Active Buff of 2nd class Songs/Dances should be given a buff icon in the "Buffs window" for the affected characters.
- General: Update Weapon and Shield Sprites.

Unaddressed Bugs:
-Improvised Song doesn't deal damage while performing 2nd class song/dance even with Lv5+ Lesson. 
-Severe Rainstorm inhibits the caster's movement while skill is active.

Feedback from the community is most welcome and highly appreciated. But, please, remain constructive.  :ok: 

That's all for now folks. ^^

Old Version of Gear Proposals

Spoiler

What do u think about only AOE skills for Improvised songs?
and cast inside maestro without the select?

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

But if you'd think about it, if the AHB AS buff will be removed in the future, that will mean less damage output for rangers (and same with the other OP classes in case of PVM rebalance). It's just fine as it is, but if we take into consideration the monstrous HP pools of the incoming bio5 monsters (and other high level monsters included in that episode/patch for that matter), parties would definitely have a hard time completing dungeon runs with lesser damage they're only able to dish out. I say, leave these OP classes be and just buff the PVM capacity of other classes/unpopular builds to balance things out.

Atm, a good party can wipe the floor with current content without batting an eyelash.

Overall damage reduction really does need to happen, I mean not just speaking of myself, but other classes as well, too much content is solo'able, and not just solo

'able with difficulty, but for the most part it requires little attention.

kRO does have the ability to just add additional HP to mobs and call it increased difficulty, but ultimately there are quite a few classes in the PVM sense that need adjusting.

#34 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

What do u think about only AOE skills for Improvised songs?
and cast inside maestro without the select?

Would be convenient if IS would only cast AoE I think; but sure it's most likely to get disapproved coz the skill is meant to be a roulette of nice and crap mage/wiz spells. You'd also miss waterball with that suggestion.

My nose is bleeding now but I still couldn't crack the second question. :sob:

EDIT: Do you mean for the random AoEs to automatically cast on the ground upon using IS? Again, I believe that'd be convenient :ok: But there's also some perks in being allowed to choose where to place the AoE around your screen, no? ^^

Edited by ROCKheir, 30 May 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#35 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

Atm, a good party can wipe the floor with current content without batting an eyelash.

Overall damage reduction really does need to happen, I mean not just speaking of myself, but other classes as well, too much content is solo'able, and not just solo
'able with difficulty, but for the most part it requires little attention.

kRO does have the ability to just add additional HP to mobs and call it increased difficulty, but ultimately there are quite a few classes in the PVM sense that need adjusting.

Welp, seeing how GXs, RKs, Genes, and Rangers are able to solo stuff with relative ease while the rest of the classes are just sitting ducks ('Cept Ado ABs, of course), I am inclined to agree with you.

#36 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:25 PM

Hallohw, folks! CM Oda is looking for new headgear proposals for 2016. If you have any suggestion for the headgear designs I made for Trap Ranger, Support Archbishop, and Comet (and Tetra-Vortex?) Warlock, feel free to post here. If the suggestion is sound, I'll revise the headgear effects accordingly. Also, I already made a headgear design for Sorcerer (take note that the gear effects should buff the weak/unpopular build of sorcs) tho I haven't posted it yet; your suggestions for the headgear are welcome as well. Thank you! ^^

#37 sara

sara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

Wow these look amazing... did they ever get implemented? approved? picked? o__o I was away from RO at this time.... 

#38 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:55 PM

Thank you, sara. This "proposition" has been abandoned into oblivion for not gaining support/approval from the community. I also purposely did not submit it to Oda's thread for headgear proposals for the reason that Oda told me himself that class-exclusive gears have so little chance to get approved after the letdown that has become of inubashiri's class-exclusive headgear proposals and that it would be easier for them if it's a costume headgear proposal. So I thought of submitting them as costume headgears after a some time but the reply I got from the CMs practically told me that they've no time for stuff like this yet and it seems like it's gonna be the case for a longer while.

Edited by ROCKheir, 22 December 2016 - 08:57 PM.

#39 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

Thank you, sara. This "proposition" has been abandoned into oblivion for not gaining support/approval from the community. I also purposely did not submit it to Oda's thread for headgear proposals for the reason that Oda told me himself that class-exclusive gears have so little chance to get approved after the letdown that has become of inubashiri's class-exclusive headgear proposals and that it would be easier for them if it's a costume headgear proposal. So I thought of submitting them as costume headgears after a some time but the reply I got from the CMs practically told me that they've no time for stuff like this yet and it seems like it's gonna be the case for a longer while.

That's not fair, cause Maestro and wandy is'nt balanced.... We really need an incentive and when you're aying they don't have time, i'm saying that they need to find this time, cause performers need It more than most of classes....
Jesus. . we are almost in 2017 and my 112 ranger is better in ALL aspects than my 112 ranger....

why are they doing it with this class?

#40 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

That's not fair, cause Maestro and wandy is'nt balanced.... We really need an incentive and when you're aying they don't have time, i'm saying that they need to find this time, cause performers need It more than most of classes....
Jesus. . we are almost in 2017 and my 112 ranger is better in ALL aspects than my 112 ranger....

why are they doing it with this class?

Shhh! Don't say stuff like that or we'll get bombarded with "Working as intended" crap. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users