December 22nd Classic Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 22nd Classic Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#26 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

Well every server that hasn't be changed is doing absolutely fine, isn't it. Just look at iris or ygg or.... oh.

Just try it for a while, they can undo it later. We already played under non-vanilla redux without knowing for a year+ and apparently that was ok.

Trial and error isnt necessary if the obvious math behind something is flawed from the start, there have already been posts that explain that in detail enough reason to not partake any of the so called "event" sieges, and i can only recommend not participating.

#27 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

It was definetely not ok. Most of my guildmates  asked if something was wrong over time. I was just too forum-shy and/or bad at this game to do something about it or ask. Forums shouldn't be the only way from players to get new info anyway and we're all aware of that I'm sure.

While KvM is another discussion, I'm sure most the feedback about these reductions event woes were bad and I'm confident (I have faith, for the love of god) they won't stay.

Take it back to ragnarok default reductions, please(40% and ect). If anything, give players new reduction gears to balance the op offensive hats from renewal.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:14 PM

Trial and error isnt necessary if the obvious math behind something is flawed from the start, there have already been posts that explain that in detail enough reason to not partake any of the so called "event" sieges, and i can only recommend not participating.

That is extremely narrow-minded. Math cannot accommodate for fun factor, player skill, population, gear availability.

I would suggest to stop bullying the staff trying to get your way through boycotting and actually consider both sides of the change and actually try it for the things that calculators don't cover.

Tho they should disable all the non vanilla gear/consumables if they put redux back imo. EMH, LFH, VOH, TSOD/SC/mental pots/mega resist/Orcish boots and wipe all yggs and woe blues to replicate vanilla sp availability. Ditto crystal fragments.

I'm sure you won't disagree.

#29 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

Maintenance day changes to Thursday afternoons starting next year!

Did we forget to mention something?

#30 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

If i remember correctly SC was in before renewal hit

And about reductions... that was the reason sometimes lex was not enough to kill vit champs with a sinx. Didnt even bothered as to wonder why and i still feel like it's ok at 50%.

Edited by Ramses, 22 December 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#31 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

Please give us no gods/mvps/minis with prerenewal reductions and something to incentivize woeing. You may as well just put treasures back in.

Also I was under the impression that these event woes weren't going to be a permanent change. Was that ever under consideration? Also I don't see any update on what's being planned for this week in woe.

#32 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

Jesus guys harsh words won't help. Now there will be 500 replies from her and her guildmates. I'll be reporting this stuff so hopefully Cinnamon erases it all.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 22 December 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

Jesus guys harsh words won't help. Now there will be 500 replies from her and her guildmates. I'll be reporting this stuff so hopefully Cinnamon erases it all.

I can't report it, I get my report rights threatened when I report ppl attacking me - so I'm just going to be the bigger person and answer the misconceptions and hope to clear up why people might support changes or testing - just to clarify it has nothing to do with attacking or hurting any particular guild or player.

People need to realize this, the sooner, the better.

Edited by Xellie, 22 December 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#34 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:31 PM

I really didn't want to keep going with this discussion further in the other thread because I felt that everyone stated their opinions, thoughts and examples and then it just became a back and forth that did nothing but get heated and convince nobody of anything.

Renewal happened for a reason, but we're also here playing pre-renewal for a reason. Most of us, especially the players that are still here and invested, want to play the pre-renewal mechanics. And the reduction change just hurts new players in a different way. It creates just as many problems as it solves, while also fundamentally changing the whole game which is something a lot of people do not want.

The problem is you can't balance the game by shifting all damage, everything that may or may not need it, all at once in one direction. The difference in damage output and survivability between those with mvps/gods/minis/even just expensive high end gear is too large, if you make it so people with megs and hibrams are tankable, people without hit like wet noodles and can't kill. If you make it so those with less defensive gear and builds can tank well, then very tanky characters and/or those with asprika/gtb/tao/dr/gr/etc. are absurdly hard to kill. All the situations and anecdotes shared are just specific examples of this general trend.

At least with normal/less reductions, players without megs and hibrams can hope to hit back with reasonable damage and kill in return. People with the OP gear (especially megs and hibrams) still kill under this redux while being even tankier, and those without have way more trouble. New players need to also be effective, not just survive a little longer. And no matter how much the server matures in terms of god and mvp saturation, new players will not have those items. I have had a couple people tell me in game that they also agree with that assessment, but didn't want to post for fear of making more drama.

Like I said, my issues with this server are related to illegit activity and harassment, not the mechanics. 50% has felt alright in general likely because classics extra headgear/consumable damage roughly balances it out in a lot of cases. My point now and before was don't change the whole game, if X is causing a huge problem, adjust X either directly or indirectly through new gear/and or gear availability. 

Personally, I'm a fan of leaving it mostly alone at this point, focus should be on rule enforcement, content expansion, and TE woe and other woe changes like castle reductions. I don't think megs need a nerf, they are mostly a buff to LKs and sinx which is fine by me. On well-geared champs they are overkill for the majority of targets. Hibram idk, the fact that its a huge damage buff and it's effectiveness is aoe is a concern, if it got toned down I wouldn't be surprised and think it's probably appropriate, if it didn't for me it's not the end of the world but some people feel more or less strongly about that. Most pservers nerf it even if they make minimal other changes, I think that says something. Even at like 20% instead of 50% it's still a very powerful card. This may be them taking my advice from the last paragraph, so I'd like to at least see how it goes.

People can agree to disagree on changes and what the server needs, like me and xellie basically have at this point, but my personal hope is that they will see all this feedback and decide against changing reductions. As for hibram well, it sounds like the majority of voices on either side are going to be pointing at the other side screaming bias, so I think it's gonna be the staffs call at the end. Might mean you shouldn't boycott and at least try it so your feedback can be seen as genuine. Even with how much I abhor last weeks changes I at least came around to logging in and messing around with it to confirm my opinions.

Edited by rojoky113, 22 December 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

My thoughts on event WoEs:

These are "event WoEs" with no bearing on the future of the server other than to try something different.
 It's about acknowledging the rut that classic is in and at least testing out different things to move forward. If you think my idea of "fun" is to not be able to one shot people anymore, then?

It might shock people to know that my main PVP class choice is wizard. I'm extremely aware of how it works.
I'm also aware of the server population issues (among others) and how every server that stayed "as is" failed.

I haven't personally advocated for a Hibram nerf, (I have a gtb for that) but I am just totally down for seeing how it plays out, because science. It's the little guilds that have a problem with it... not mine.

My only personal beef is with excess sp items on this server + increased fist damage. Oh, and the uber availability of crystal fragments is actually a rather cool way to undo the balance bought to kaite that bring balance to precasting.

Should hibram be nerfed? Yea, probably until the population is higher because there's not enough players for a guild to have a survival composition and damage dealing composition to breech a precast.
Unless you're Valhalla I guess. Then you have Xellie recalls to 1v3 the alliance.

Speaking of which disable alliances please - the math speaks for itself

xoxoxox

#36 Andradee

Andradee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

From 10am PST Wednesday on Classic server, I'll be talking with the Classic community at Asgard Village and making plans for Classic improvements starting in the new year 

On topic: Oda please take into account who actually shows up for this "town hall meeting". Many of the people interested in Classic and its future will not be present due to time constraints, the feel of not having an input, or a feel of powerlessness in any of the decisions that are made here. 

Every thread we have about classic has the same people saying the same things over and over. There have been countless threads about how to improve Classic. Many people that I play with have no interest in even attempting to provide their opinion due to the backlash of the forums. 

Off topic: Hibram is strong. So is GTB, so is samurai spectre, so are megs. Hibram is by far the easiest to deal with in my experience and I have no gods or mvps. Magnetic earth, GTB(for those that have), magic reflect gear, and linkers are all ways to deal with hibram. Wizards w/ hibrams will die almost instantly to any reflect.

What I have the hardest time dealing with is meg or no meg, samurai spectre sinxs that wipe a guild in 2 grimtooths. But I don't immediately think the game needs to change because of someone else's gear. My own tactics and guildmates need to adapt.

If you have a challenge dealing with an in-game mechanic that has been around for ages, you need to look at changing yourself and your guild not the game. If you  change hibram; change samurai spectre and megs also. The game doesn't change only the players do.

Edited by Andradee, 22 December 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#37 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

Sometimes I try to keep up with the community news/opinions, but I never manage keep up. It's like a sitcom that launches new episodes everyday, or when you owe money but can't even manage to pay the interest rate: it just keeps growing, and your effort in trying to keep up is pointless.

We are a small comunity of an outdated game that we choose to play (Chaos is right over there, folks.), yet we keep shouting for changes every minute, in 6 paragraphs long posts followed pages and pages of replies from the 10k+ posts lurkers.

It's like "boy who shouted wolf": people talk so much that I think mods barely read the posts anymore. I wouldn't blame them. And the possibly important posts just get swallowed in the middle of the other novels.

#38 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

On topic: Oda please take into account who actually shows up for this "town hall meeting". Many of the people interested in Classic and its future will not be present due to time constraints, the feel of not having an input, or a feel of powerlessness in any of the decisions that are made here. 

Every thread we have about classic has the same people saying the same things over and over. There have been countless threads about how to improve Classic. Many people that I play with have no interest in even attempting to provide their opinion due to the backlash of the forums. 

Off topic: Hibram is strong. So is GTB, so is samurai spectre, so are megs. Hibram is by far the easiest to deal with in my experience and I have no gods or mvps. Magnetic earth, GTB(for those that have), magic reflect gear, and linkers are all ways to deal with hibram. Wizards w/ hibrams will die almost instantly to any reflect.

What I have the hardest time dealing with is meg or no meg, samurai spectre sinxs that wipe a guild in 2 grimtooths. But I don't immediately think the game needs to change because of someone else's gear. My own tactics and guildmates need to adapt.

If you have a challenge dealing with an in-game mechanic that has been around for ages, you need to look at changing yourself and your guild not the game. The game doesn't change only the players do.

nice new account, Can I know which class and how much vit and reducs these chars tht died to non-meg sam spec grims?

If you aren't even confident enough to say this on your main account, you don't really believe in it much as well do you?

Edit : Also if ur entire guild dies to a small aoe, may ask them to not stick to each other, or better ask em to use sight. Its an easier counter than GTB.

Edited by Heart, 22 December 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#39 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

11/10 would read again

#40 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

Well while I personally think taht if you die to grintooths alone at all you're doing something wrong (especially if it's a megless sinX) at least I think I get the main idea of your post. I'm also againST mechanics changes. 

Edited by ShinRyoma, 22 December 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

If you have a challenge dealing with an in-game mechanic that has been around for ages, you need to look at changing yourself and your guild not the game. If you  change hibram; change samurai spectre and megs also. The game doesn't change only the players do.

I'm pretty sure I read this comparison in game just before maint....  But I'll take the bait.

ME doesn't block firebolt/JT

ME can't be put down in a CP

Plat shield is blocked by CP

Kaite is irrelevant apart from breaking hitlock because of the amount of frags in GSB.

Other magic reflect gear only procs on single target, the issue is AOE

It was a valiant effort though.

Lets move on.

SS sinxs with meg or no meg have to be within 1~2 tiles range of sight or ruwach (portal casting is strong) and inflict damage over a 3x3 range requiring a target. Their damage is reduced by Kyrie, asprika as well as the other stuff that works on magic.

One may not use a shield whilst using grimtooth

XXXX : throw on a sam spec
XXXX : they are doing 200-300% damage

This is a falsehood. There is a crossover point when BG katar is better.

Only one guild runs SS megged GT precast. Ironically it's the same one that runs the hibram precast. But pnuema does proc in CP, I wish magic mirror did the same.

What I'm saying is that the comparision is invalid. The threat posed to the user is different, the counters are much easier, you can't "precast" Grimtooth without shift-click shenanigans. You can't be danger free. You can't hide behind a wall. SS drains SP. You have to be in hide. You have to get into hide with EDP and convertor on. It only lasts 60 seconds max.

Magic lasts as long as your SP, 90% threat free over a wall on to a CP.

They do not compare.

p.s: I love you

Edited by Xellie, 22 December 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#42 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

That's a pretty rude post tbh. Did Rory send you to say that? He seems to have my name in his mouth a lot lately.

I said nothing about you as a person other than the concept of boycotting something without trying it to be exceptionally narrow-minded. These are "event WoEs" with no bearing on the future of the server other than to try something different.

The guilds you're talking about are full of amazing misconceptions for a group that never communicate with mine (and apparently sit in town making things up trashing me), so lets not even go there. Plenty of people agree with me too. But it isn't even about what I do/don't find fun, it's about acknowledging the rut that classic is in and at least testing out different things to move forward. If you think my idea of "fun" is to not be able to one shot people anymore, then?

It might shock you to know that my main PVP class choice is wizard. I'm extremely aware of how it works.

Why do you think we made brisingamens when every other elf proclaimed expert wizard player on the server advocates double orlean for max matk? Come on now. You might be able to fool the GMs by not admitting plat shield is disabled by CP, but not me.

I'm also aware of the server population issues (among others) and how every server that stayed "as is" failed.

I haven't personally advocated for a Hibram nerf, (I have a gtb for that) but I am just totally down for seeing how it plays out, because science. It's the little guilds that have a problem with it... not mine. All I gotta do is get one good recall within 2 screens of the emp and it's mine, no matter what *he* might think.

My only personal beef is with excess sp items on this server + increased fist damage. Oh, and the uber availability of crystal fragments is actually a rather cool way to undo the balance bought to kaite that bring balance to precasting.

Should hibram be nerfed? Yea, probably until the population is higher because there's not enough players for a guild to have a survival composition and damage dealing composition to breech a precast.

Unless you're Valhalla I guess. Then you have Xellie recalls to 1v3 the alliance.

Speaking of which disable alliances please - the math speaks for itself

xoxoxox

First off i am an independent source, nobody send me to say anything. I have never felt the impact of any VH wizard myself during siege since it feels like the only way you persuit WoE is to rush to emps and try to nuke them without having to fight anyone in the way, apart from portal recalling and emblem switching during siege which seems to be one of your hobbies. Not that that behavior makes any difference i just personally disagree with your playstyle.

I don't mean to be rude by any means i am just tired of these obnoxious changes so i am being blunt about this, nothing i say is untrue i can prove any of the accusations i make via hard evidence and i have friends in Valhalla who would openly agree on most what i say.

There is not one person in my guild that involves themselves enough to be emotionally involved to the extend to talk bad about you as a person (any other than the usual ridicule of your opposing faction but all in good sport according to the gentleman agreement, no personal insults) and as i said before it is your playstyle that doesn't agree with me.

A lot of people in my guild consistantly tried to improve this server and tried to elaborate in detail how things that you claim as good ideas have incredibly harsh and bad repercussions that would be the servers downfall in the long run even though the immediate effects aren't quite that obvious, yet they are no longer interested in doing so. I can state for myself that i am entirely indifferent to you, as long as it doesn't effect the gameplay experience that i or the part of the community i am involved with have and believe me alot of people i know agree with me.

About Platinum Shields - The effect is not disabled, put it to the test anytime - As a main wizard player i can tell you that the Platinum Shield Proc is quite deadly if you breach a 140int.

Regarding the hibram issue, There are tactics to counter guilds that heavily rely on wizards (with hibrams and without), if there are guilds that can't do that i pity them but nerfing the gameplay mechanics to make that happen is even more so pitiful. It will also not lead to any sort of satisfaction, if a guild can't handle tactics and counter them accordingly that guild will always be bad and loose in any situation.

About precasts: Not sure if you have played on any official server but the fun part about precasts is that if you are able to maintain one it is intentionally harder for any guild to destroy the emp, if you nerf it to the point where a precast is obsolete nobody wants to defend a castle anymore leading to the fact that most guilds will only login at the last 5 minutes to take end forts (and guess what thats what is happening right now). Usually you're supposed to wear down a precast by weakening their position with a constant and deliberate attack (stopping them from re-entering) until they can no longer maintain a proper defense and go in for the kill. Any good guild should be able to do that (with or without gtbs), and when being too weak to accomplish said goal solo - team up with other guilds #alliance - no need to nerf anything, by pushing that obnoxious "nerf the hibram" agenda it just comes ever more clear that anyone who supports that agenda is just delivering a poor performance at this game. SGN showed time and again that they can push any defense even if not at their first try. Making changes to weaken a specific class via pinpoint (wizard) only strengthens melee classes, if you want a siege with sinXs and GD palas only because you're too bad to come up with a proper strategy please join a pserver.

And to your last point about alliances, i remember the last time there was a proper precast setup (and honestly i have only seen one guild actually pulling that off (hint: it wasn't valhalla)) Valhalla allied every guild on the server to break said precast, i think that just underlines my previous statement.

Edited by DorianGray01, 22 December 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#43 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Please just disable MVP's and Gods in WoE. Only way the woe scene will improve IMO.

On the topic of Hibrams, poor gameplay design to have a card that can kill a target with a single SG tick, or that can kill an LK with a single lvl 10 firebolt. Just one guys opinion.

Edited by Falloutchild, 22 December 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Well that post was deleted for a reason, but I'll prove the plat shield vs CP thing live on stream after maint. 

What friends you had in Valhalla whom read that first post you just lost.

We haven't had a wizard on for a few weeks. You'll feel it soon, may I suggest fighting us instead of running away when numbers are even or slightly in your favour?

Everything else in that post is ridiculous, there aren't enough guilds/people on the server to support what you are saying - in the words of your own guildleader over a year ago

Originally Posted by Tolrin
"the reason the server is all allied against us is that we repeatedly turn down alliance requests since I don't feel there are enough guilds on the server to support large alliances"

Well there's a lot less guilds now. Forgive me if I don't think fighting my 19 players vs your full alliance with 3 separate recalls available is a viable tactic. I don't think that any other guild should be forced to fight your godded/mvped guild, you have no peers. I happen to get my jollies by breaking your emp with few people.... it's not my fault if you can't stop a sinx :V

The point is classic isn't a normal server. It has to change to survive.  They're not talking about making precasting obsolete, you don't really seem to understand precasts if this is what you think. Roll your mind back to pretrans and the point of precasts then... idk.

You're talking about there being 1/4 the number of mvp cards in a precast (hibrams) used on the attacking guild, that's just silly when they are so powerful.

And to your last point about alliances, i remember the last time there was a proper precast setup (and honestly i have only seen one guild actually pulling that off (hint: it wasn't valhalla)) Valhalla allied every guild on the server to break said precast, i think that just underlines my previous statement.

Okay your facts are so wrong, I think you're just trolling. Valhalla ran majorly solo and we've only allied to break a precast to end friendly fire (BECAUSE THOSE GUILDS HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO).

Incase you didn't know (which I'm sure you didnt) we precasted payon 3 at the start of the server, and we've had our share of brit 4. I don't precast for very good reasons (those being, that it's boring, harmful to the server and ultimately ineffective in working toward the goal that I want) - but if you think pigeonholing yourself into one castle and donating it once its high econ to whatever guild feels happy to take it after they farmed the rest of the pieces they need is a good tactic... don't let me stop you. It's worked great for me so far.

Edited by Xellie, 22 December 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#45 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

First off i am an independent source, nobody send me to say anything. I have never felt the impact of any VH wizard myself during siege since it feels like the only way you persuit WoE is to rush to emps and try to nuke them without having to fight anyone in the way, apart from portal recalling and emblem switching during siege which seems to be one of your hobbies. Not that that behavior makes any difference i just personally disagree with your playstyle.

I don't mean to be rude by any means i am just tired of these obnoxious changes so i am being blunt about this, nothing i say is untrue i can prove any of the accusations i make via hard evidence and i have friends in Valhalla who would openly agree on most what i say.

There is not one person in my guild that involves themselves enough to be emotionally involved to the extend to talk bad about you as a person (any other than the usual ridicule of your opposing faction but all in good sport according to the gentleman agreement, no personal insults) and as i said before it is your playstyle that doesn't agree with me.

A lot of people in my guild consistantly tried to improve this server and tried to elaborate in detail how things that you claim as good ideas have incredibly harsh and bad repercussions that would be the servers downfall in the long run even though the immediate effects aren't quite that obvious, yet they are no longer interested in doing so. I can state for myself that i am entirely indifferent to you, as long as it doesn't effect the gameplay experience that i or the part of the community i am involved with have and believe me alot of people i know agree with me.

About Platinum Shields - The effect is not disabled, put it to the test anytime - As a main wizard player i can tell you that the Platinum Shield Proc is quite deadly if you breach a 140int.

Regarding the hibram issue, There are tactics to counter guilds that heavily rely on wizards (with hibrams and without), if there are guilds that can't do that i pity them but nerfing the gameplay mechanics to make that happen is even more so pitiful. It will also not lead to any sort of satisfaction, if a guild can't handle tactics and counter them accordingly that guild will always be bad and loose in any situation.

About precasts: Not sure if you have played on any official server but the fun part about precasts is that if you are able to maintain one it is intentionally harder for any guild to destroy the emp, if you nerf it to the point where a precast is obsolete nobody wants to defend a castle anymore leading to the fact that most guilds will only login at the last 5 minutes to take end forts (and guess what thats what is happening right now). Usually you're supposed to wear down a precast by weakening their position with a constant and deliberate attack (stopping them from re-entering) until they can no longer maintain a proper defense and go in for the kill. Any good guild should be able to do that (with or without gtbs), and when being too weak to accomplish said goal solo - team up with other guilds #alliance - no need to nerf anything, by pushing that obnoxious "nerf the hibram" agenda it just comes ever more clear that anyone who supports that agenda is just delivering a poor performance at this game. SGN showed time and again that they can push any defense even if not at their first try. Making changes to weaken a specific class via pinpoint (wizard) only strengthens melee classes, if you want a siege with sinXs and GD palas only because you're too bad to come up with a proper strategy please join a pserver.

http://valhalla.gg/classic.html

#46 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

SGN showed time and again that they can push any defense even if not at their first try.

You are using SGN as an example, okay, did not expect that from you honestly.

#47 Andradee

Andradee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

On topic: Forgot to add one request in regards to improving classic woe experience: 

Castle number needs to be reduced 

WOE has become a game of "Where's Waldo" and if you've ever read the books you find him once and then you don't really want to play again.

Off topic: Also, @xellie, there are innumerable ways to take advantage of or decrease advantage of all cards and gears. It's why WOE is so fun (to me at least). From my experiences WOE'ing on classic server for the past 3 years I have had minimal issues with hibram's. I have had multiple issues with grimtoothing sinx's, mainly because they are invisible to me until they begin grimtoothing or get sighted out. (maybe when i can obtain maya purple card/more boxes of sunlight i can reduce my issues with grimtoothers) But these are my personal experiences with these classes/items. The game should not change an aspect because it's hard to deal with.

Also, @the p.s., is it b/c I like cats?

In conclusion, the point I'm trying to make remains the same: If you change ONE item for a perceived benefit you need to change all of them. Doriangray makes a valid point about the precasting; their alliance precast is very strong with CP and hibram's but he did mention that SGN has broken the precast. So, even with strong advantages, another guild was able to find a way to get through it. The glory of woe is in victory over the other guilds, whether defending or destroying the emperium.

If you remove one guilds' ADVANTAGE you reduce their ability to compete, while their competition receives no compensating disadvantage.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Grimtooth has an animation and the word is over their head come on now.

In conclusion, the point I'm trying to make remains the same: If you change ONE item for a perceived benefit you need to change all of them

Oh I agree, maybe they could reduce damage across the board or something

And on that bombshell, my ignore list just grew hueg.

Edited by Xellie, 22 December 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#49 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

Drama, flame bait posts and call outs will likely be removed, counting 4 hidden posts. Keep it civil please.

#50 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

@Cinnamon: do you know if maintenance will finish on time this week? :D I can't wait to get on and start leveling again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users