Rebellion skill formulas [UPDATED 1/2/16] - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rebellion skill formulas [UPDATED 1/2/16]

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hello, I am that guy who introduces himself to a game forum by theorizing about game mechanics.

I've been doing tests with some of the rebel skills with unknown damage formulas and thought I would share my theories.

Round Trip-lots of testing done, quite confident in this formula

This is the one that had me scratching my head enough to start doing the tests. The weird thing you will notice about Round Trip is that if you are able to get your dex down to 0, the skill will always miss. So its formula is multiplied by 0 at some point in that situation. This is the best global formula I can fit to all the data I've gathered:

[(dex/2)*(10+(skillLevel*3)]% * base dmg

One ramification of this formula is that you get 12.5% of base damage per point of dex at skill level 5. At 100 dex the skill will do 1250% damage, which means that ranged damage +1% will also get you 12.5% of base damage. So above 100 dex, 1% ranged damage > 1 dex. But, for example, +9 dexterous shadow armor is still very good with this skill.

^^ That struck-out stuff is not quite true because 1 dex actually gives you a little bit more than a 12.5% increase since it also increases the original base damage by a small amount. 1% ranged will still eventually be > 1 dex, but the turning point will be somewhere above 100 dex. The math should be doable since there are only 2 high level gatling guns to run the numbers on, but I'm still too lazy to do it atm...

Binding Trap-have not tested to see if it's affected by def or for how it's affected by cards/elements (if at all)

[TargetCurrentHP*(skillLvl*3)%] + dex*10

People have been saying 1/7 of max hp or current hp. Tests definitely indicate current hp, and formula suggests 15% of current hp at level 5, which is very close to 1/7.

Anti-Material Blast-testing was less extensive because formula seemed simpler.

[2000 + (skillLvl*200)]% * base dmg

Seems like a pretty normal RO-style skill formula. I tested it because I saw a post on another forum saying someone was doing 60k at level 1 and 90k at level 5 with low dex. Those numbers seem off to me, I would suspect 6k to 9k for low dex with a Death Fire equipped. I would certainly love to be wrong about the damage on this skill though.

Fire Rain-still in testing, formula very tentative

[2000 + (skillLvl + 2)*((dex/10)^2)]% * base dmg

I was hoping this skill would basically be Round Trip + 2000% damage, but that doesn't seem to be the case. High dex seems to be even more of a factor here than it does for Round Trip. At 100 dex, the formula predicts 2700% total damage, while at 200 dex it predicts 4800% (I can only reach 160 dex with my current tests).

I finished Fire Rain testing, scroll down to 1/1 update for new info.

*12/22 NEW*

Shattering Storm dmg = [(1000 + 100*skillLvl)*(baseLevel/100)]% * base dmg

Vanishing Buster dmg = [(1000 + 200*skillLvl)*(baseLevel/100)]% * base dmg

Yeah, those first two shotgun skills are just typical RO dmg formulas. But Slug Shot is interesting. Despite what it says in the description, you don't need special slug ammo to cast Slug Shot--but the skill is worthless without them. The weight 75 slugs do 375 times more damage than a normal 0.2 weight bullet. At level 5 with 75 weight slugs the skill does an amazing 12000% dmg!

Slug Shot dmg = [skillLvl*bulletWeight*32]% * base dmg

The question for God's Hammer was "How much damage do the coins add?". The formula is a little weird, but this is how it works out:

1 coin: 200% dmg

2-3 coins: 400% dmg

4-5 coins: 600% dmg

6-7 coins: 800% dmg

8-9 coins: 1000% dmg

10 coins: 1200% dmg

God's Hammer dmg = [1600 + (800*skillLvl) + (ceiling((coins+1)/2))*200]% * base dmg

*1/1 NEW*

Verified Slug Shot formula for SH and XH shells.

Fire Rain has a much simpler formula than I'd imagined. I had been getting confused because I'd seem to have the formula nailed down with my tester Rebel, then when I played on another Rebel the numbers wouldn't match up. Finally I figured out that the factor was the difference in the two characters' base levels. Fire Rain damage formula:

[(2000 + (dex * skillLevel)) * (baseLevel/100)]% * base damage

Hit Barrel testing was fairly straight forward. Though the in-game skill description says level 4 lasts 55 secs and level 5 lasts 50 secs, all levels actually last 60 secs. Skill re-use delay goes down at each skill level; minimum seems to be 80 seconds at level 5, which fits with what others have said. ASPD bonus is a flat +[skill level] ASPD. Each coin consumed adds [6+(2 * skillLevel)]% * base attack damage onto normal attacks performed during the skill's duration. This damage is tacked onto the end of damaging skills as well. There's really no reason for this skill to be level-selectable. Each level offers a strict improvement over the previous one for the same SP cost.

*1/2 NEW*

Edited Vanishing Buster and Shattering Storm formulas after realizing they are both affected by character's base level.

Edited by Orthogon, 02 January 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#2 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, those first two shotgun skills are just typical RO dmg formulas. But Slug Shot is interesting. Despite what it says in the description, you don't need special slug ammo to cast Slug Shot--but the skill is worthless without them. The weight 75 slugs do 375 times more damage than a normal 0.2 weight

bullet. At level 5 with 75 weight slugs the skill does an amazing 12000% dmg!

Slug Shot dmg = [skillLvl*bulletWeight*32]% * base dmg

75 is SH ammo right ? what about this ?  19200% then

screenSakray039_zpsbsc0mf5o.jpg

Edited by Silvianna, 22 December 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#3 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:14 PM

Slap in the Death Fire shotgun with Thanatos Memory card and OHKO fest will in. But you will need a +Hit Buffs.

#4 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

Wow, I did not know these existed, thanks for cluing me in! Apparently the 100 and 120 weight slugs are too dangerous to be sold to the general public. Yes, those should do 19200% (100s should do 16000%), I will test with 100s and 120s soon (switched skills to further test Fire Rain and will be testing Hit Barrel next).

#5 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

I think,more heavy Slug ammo,less accuracy.

#6 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

This is really useful, thank you :p_love: 

#7 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHouse of Summer Cherries
  • Server:Iris native

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

Are the XHs in IRO?

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

u can get it on vending machine located in rebel guild leader room

#9 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

I've tested all the stuff I was curious about, please reply if any of my conclusions aren't fitting with what you're seeing in the field or if there are other properties of the skills that you'd like to see tested.

#10 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

I would like to know the real Slug Shot formula

I was re-reading ''old'' stuff about the Rebellion Balance patch that happened on kRO/jRO this year,it says the slug shot got a increase in it's damage.

According to this topic,the Slug Shot formula seems to be 19.200% using the 120 weight bullet,and the new formula is 10.000% against players; So,something is wrong.

I found this formula and maybe this is the right one (~160% atk*bulletweight),Watching some kRO videos showing the new SS damage on MVP's (cap at 6000%),the damage seems to be really close with what we can do here (iRO) using the old formula,so maybe the this formula  (~160% atk*bulletweight) is the right one.

Of course idk,i just found it on google,if someone could do more tests to check,i would love to help.

#11 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

I would like to know the real Slug Shot formula

I was re-reading ''old'' stuff about the Rebellion Balance patch that happened on kRO/jRO this year,it says the slug shot got a increase in it's damage.

According to this topic,the Slug Shot formula seems to be 19.200% using the 120 weight bullet,and the new formula is 10.000% against players; So,something is wrong.

I found this formula and maybe this is the right one (~160% atk*bulletweight),Watching some kRO videos showing the new SS damage on MVP's (cap at 6000%),the damage seems to be really close with what we can do here (iRO) using the old formula,so maybe the this formula  (~160% atk*bulletweight) is the right one.

Of course idk,i just found it on google,if someone could do more tests to check,i would love to help.

Is the damage different on players? I only tested on eggs.

#12 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

based from i read, i saw jro vid explaining that skill ( japanese lang though )

so hmm, they increased the formula

they kept the old one as bonus but add 10.000% as base damage to player

and 6000% to monster

now it;s like 10000% + bonus from bullet 

also they fixed the missing translation about accuracy penalty,

from the beginning Slug Shot decreases 6% acc per cell, not 6 just like the description says

because theres no way you could miss on poring if it's only decrease 6 acc per cell 

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

almost 30k%, cool lol

#14 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

yeah but it's forced Neutral 

no more elemental advantage right? increasing skill damage by 50-100%

also i dont know about the bonus part, 

no one know about the real formula, 19200% is just our theory  :heh:

credit to Orthogon 

Edited by Silvianna, 06 August 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

anti-material blast

#16 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

Is the damage different on players? I only tested on eggs.

The new formula has different damage on Players and Mobs

6000% MOB

10000% PLAYER

That`s why i'm wondering,if the damage was increase,it can't be 19.200%.

MAYBE it's now 10.000% with any kind of bullet,+ the bullet weight  (like silvianna said)

based from i read, i saw jro vid explaining that skill ( japanese lang though )

so hmm, they increased the formula

they kept the old one as bonus but add 10.000% as base damage to player

and 6000% to monster

now it;s like 10000% + bonus from bullet 

also they fixed the missing translation about accuracy penalty,

from the beginning Slug Shot decreases 6% acc per cell, not 6 just like the description says

because theres no way you could miss on poring if it's only decrease 6 acc per cell 

Interesting,i was thinking about that.

and yeah,it was always 6%,i think after the balance patch it is -6,right?

If this theory is really right (about 10.000% + bonus bullet) we can have something really OP,even if it is forced neutral.

People don't usually use DR and if i can one shot people using full woe set+gr + dr using GF in PVP scenario,why not slug shot? (We have Anti Material Blast and we're free to switch gears after the balance patch!)

yeah but it's forced Neutral 

no more elemental advantage right? increasing skill damage by 50-100%

also i dont know about the bonus part, 

no one know about the real formula, 19200% is just our theory  :heh:

credit to Orthogon 

Anyway,i think we can still one shot people with/without anti material

and like we are not sure about the real formula,we are not sure if DR reduces our damage or only GR (like KS).

Even if they go for DR,We have Vanishing/Shatter storm with more damage due to the new formula+ lvl increase+ temporal boots + Abusive Robe

Not a problem at all for PVP/WOE scenario

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:18 AM

the damage is awful with regular bullets so there's no way it has any significant base damage right now '-'

#18 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:11 AM

the damage is awful with regular bullets so there's no way it has any significant base damage right now '-'

It's gravity.

But yeah,doen'st make sense... That's why i'm trying to know the actual iRO formula...

#19 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

We haven't received the balance patch you're talking about yet, correct?

The formula you said you found by googling (160%*bullet weight) is the same as the formula I came up with for level 5 of the skill.

(Skill Level * 32 * bullet weight) at level 5 equals (160 * bullet weight).

#20 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

We haven't received the balance patch you're talking about yet, correct?

The formula you said you found by googling (160%*bullet weight) is the same as the formula I came up with for level 5 of the skill.

(Skill Level * 32 * bullet weight) at level 5 equals (160 * bullet weight).

Yeah,we still need to receive the balance patch...

I'm confused and forget what i said on the first post ( 4AM lol).

What i'm trying to say is,Sigma translated the Korean patch notes in this topic (https://forums.warpp...-balance/page-3)

!! This is the new formula !!

Slug Shot

- no longer use coin.

- clarified description.

- Target will knock back for 6 cells instead of sit or stun.

- improved damage.

[level 1] : Player : 2000% / Monster 1200% / Hit - 10% for each cell beyond 3 cells

[level 2] : Player : 4000% / Monster 2400% / Hit - 9% for each cell beyond 3 cells

[level 3] : Player : 6000% / Monster 3600% / Hit - 8% for each cell beyond 3 cells

[level 4] : Player : 8000% / Monster 4800% / Hit - 7% for each cell beyond 3 cells

[level 5] : Player : 10000% / Monster 6000% / Hit - 6% for each cell beyond 3 cells

See? Improved Damage,how can it be 19.200% now and 10.000% after?

That's my question  :rice:

#21 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

From what Silvianna was saying, sounds like it's current damage + 10000% for players and current dmg +6000% for monsters. I could be interpreting this wrong though.

#22 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

From what Silvianna was saying, sounds like it's current damage + 10000% for players and current dmg +6000% for monsters. I could be interpreting this wrong though.

WoW,that's a lot.

I doubt someone can handle this damage if they are not using DR (if DR can reduce SS damage...)

#23 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

theres english server with Awakening Patch, not official but it's private server with balance exp rate and well known,

people say Rebellion becoming very viable in everything, theres also video of them doing dungeon with awakened rebel

"The long awaited Rebellion update, Rebellion Awakening, has now landed in ******. Many Doram skills have been updated"

if you want, you can try it lol  :heh:

since i cant give you the link, inb4 cinnamon appears. ill give you hint of 4 words,

2 of them are false, the rest 2 are true and if you combine you will get the server name 

Frost Nova Lv 10

Ragnarok

:heh:  :p_laugh:

#24 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=BYwIID3ZJBg

what is this? lol so creative  

taken from some forum after awakening update

Crimson Marker: Previously once placed if you activated Quick Draw Shot on another target the marker would disappear, now it remains until its target is dead or its timer runs out: all status affects applied such as burning or stun are applied appropriately.

handguns win in Bragi due to Fire Dance, but gatlings probably still win the ASPD autoattack war due to Gatling Fever stacking with Heat Barrel.

GUNSLINGER BASE SKILL UPDATE: most notable skill is Desperado due to the skill combo with Fallen Angel (and the bonus Desperado is slightly less risky with the new Platinum Altar effect and HP mod). Madness Canceller seems worse because it cannot be toggled on/off, but instead recasting refreshes the duration.

REBEL SKILLS --

PLATINUM ALTAR: is better, but since it doesn't stack with Heat Barrel and only works with Holy element bullets, you are kind of limited in your uses. Decent fallback if you're attempting shenanigans -- might be part of the magical "solo Jitterbug" equation, but I really haven't tested yet.

BIND TRAP: still seems ridiculous on large HP targets for burst, despite the long 5 secs cooldown.

ANTI-MATERIAL BLAST: super high damage now, a debuff that lasts longer than the cooldown... I think this is a key factor in reaching nutty DPS on targets you're hitting with neutral element shots, whereas normally you would be lacking in notable elemental multipliers for truly ridiculous numbers. 

QUICK DRAW SHOT: potentially makes crit build obsolete; definitely makes you feel like some kind of John Woo badass as you mash your keyboard to BULLET TIME.

CRIMSON MARKER: notably better due to the fact it doesn't wear off when proc'd. You should probably always stick it on stuff that you're going to be spamming/ASPDing on.

WEAPON-LOCKED SKILLS:
GRENADE LAUNCHER: long CDs and the Crimson Marker requirement makes me think these are too much work for not enough payoff.

HANDGUNSget the best AOE DPS skill in Fire Dance and also the best utility skill in Fallen Angel. (And also maybe ridiculous burst with the Desperado combo if you're slick.)

GATLINGSFire Rain is pretty good, notably more damage than before; ditto Round Trip, which still has awesome knockback utility to keep yourself safe and does way more damage than before. Probably still the primo ASPD gun since the ATK bonus from Gatling Fever is outta control.

SHOTGUNS: Slug Shot damage is absolutely NUTS but it doesn't seem spammable in any way I can currently cajole.

RIFLE: Mass Spiral didn't seem to be worth using even with the scaling on high DEF targets, unless I'm missing something.

Also your ASPD is huge and your HP is huge (comparatively).

Edited by Silvianna, 08 August 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#25 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

Nice,im so excited to get this update.

But i think Slug Shot is not going to be the main damage skill anymore,Anti Material + HoG sounds way better,fast and safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users