Best Kagerou Build for Group MVP/Instances - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Kagerou Build for Group MVP/Instances

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Suikoden108

Suikoden108

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

Now that the Mesmerizer is in the game, I can finally reset my Kagerou. Currently, it is magic build and I am finding that my damage is severely lacking even compared to a Rebel that I have that has the same level (102/103). What would be the best build to do instance runs and MVP with my guild? Is it Huuma? Also, take note that I am not rich, just started again a month ago, and only have about 50m-100m to spend. I do have a +9 Immune HBP and CD in mouth that I got from trades and stuff and a +4 Crown of Deceit.

#2 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

The problem with magic ninja is not damage, but the absence of AOE magic skill. My Kagerou is lvl 118 and my average damage with huuma is 20-30k. But some magic Kage/Oboro I found in mid TI can do 40-80k depending on what kind of monster it is.

The thing about huuma is that its more fun rather than spamming one button with magic build. But they need expansive stuff like FAW, RWC acc, +9 EMH, +9 Huuma, BDM etc.

Compare that to an Elven Bow + a WW set cost for a ranger, its like heaven and earth. :sob:

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

Magic has more single target dps, by faaaar. But it requires gears way more expensive than a throw build.

There's also the problem with mdef and elements when using magic, mvps mdef is OP as -_-.

Throw can give you more variety of elements you can use and kill, and it requires strings to be a good dps.

Magic is 90% Flamming Petals spam, only Wind Blade if you are on strings, Freezing Spear sucks anyway and its not worth maxing.

#4 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

or do a double dagger throwing but that would be even costlier and trickier to play :x

#5 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:25 AM

This is what I did for leveling Kagerou. I think before worrying about MVPing, I'd get your character to 140+ first. Magic route imo isn't as optimal as other build you can try on.

Edited by CharAznable, 05 January 2016 - 06:26 AM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

My oboro would be kunai splash build in no time if we had the updated formula for it, right now is not as good as it can be

Its also wonderfull for mvp of combined with strings or kiels

Edited by Ashuckel, 05 January 2016 - 07:21 AM.

#7 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

This is what I did for leveling Kagerou. I think before worrying about MVPing, I'd get your character to 140+ first. Magic route imo isn't as optimal as other build you can try on.

The only downside are the 8 kunai per cast :/ I tried K.Splash in scaraba 2/high ti, it's by far the fastest method but really? I used like 1000+ kunai in 5 minutes and then had to restock...

Edited by meditation, 05 January 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#8 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:17 AM

The only downside are the 8 kunai per cast :/ I tried K.Splash in scaraba 2/high ti, it's by far the fastest method but really? I used like 1000+ kunai in 5 minutes and then had to restock...

it is probably fastest. trip back to town for restock wasn't that bad for my case.

#9 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

My oboro would be kunai splash build in no time if we had the updated formula for it, right now is not as good as it can be

Its also wonderfull for mvp of combined with strings or kiels

KRO changed it?

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

Far long ago. It is counted as a melee attack on iRO, its formula is still very weird but at least there they can benefit from ranged dmg%

#11 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

oooo that would be a big boost in dmg

#12 Acrobaleno

Acrobaleno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:15 PM

Far long ago. It is counted as a melee attack on iRO, its formula is still very weird but at least there they can benefit from ranged dmg%

I am wondering why iRO don't have the updated formulas? Also, some formulas are also different from kRO like ASPD, Weapon Attack, Dragon Breath and maybe others. Why doesn't iRO have the same formulas as kRO?

#13 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Kagerou/Oboro Skill change happened year after their implements. We should be getting them soon if iRO staff is aware of it. 

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

1st reason: kRO doesnt cares about the game updates on any other server, there's a chance that someday maybe they will think on sending something specific, if you bother them a lot for a really long time.

2nd reason: Various changes, or not changes, on skill formulas and functioning happen due to server balance issues, playerbase request, etc. Goes from the 0.2s cooldown on dragon breath, with the purpose of preventing cheats in woe, to not having kRO aspd formula, wich the majority of the playerbase of the server dislikes and think its bad( and really is lol)

Weapon Attack is the same.
Dragon Breath is the same.

#15 Acrobaleno

Acrobaleno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

Is WeapAtk changed or has it been the same? Because I read from an other forum that WeapATK in kRO is really different. Also read that DB has a different formula too. DB formula in iRO is this

Damage = [(CurrHP ÷ 50) + (MaxSP ÷ 4)] × (SkillLv × BaseLv ÷ 150) × (95 + DragonTraining_Lv × 5)% × (100 + Ranged Damage Modifers)% x (Elemental Modifiers)% x (100 + Racial Modifiers)%

But kRO's formula is said to be this

Damage = [(CurrHP ÷ 50) + (MaxSP ÷ 4)] × (SkillLv × BaseLv ÷ 150) × (95 + DragonTraining_Lv × 5)% × (100 + Ranged Damage Modifers)%

Can Someone from kRO confirm this formulas?

Edited by Acrobaleno, 10 January 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#16 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

Is WeapAtk changed or has it been the same? Because I read from an other forum that WeapATK in kRO is really different. Also read that DB has a different formula too. DB formula in iRO is this

Damage = [(CurrHP ÷ 50) + (MaxSP ÷ 4)] × (SkillLv × BaseLv ÷ 150) × (95 + DragonTraining_Lv × 5)% × (100 + Ranged Damage Modifers)% x (Elemental Modifiers)% x (100 + Racial Modifiers)%

But kRO's formula is said to be this

Damage = [(CurrHP ÷ 50) + (MaxSP ÷ 4)] × (SkillLv × BaseLv ÷ 150) × (95 + DragonTraining_Lv × 5)% × (100 + Ranged Damage Modifers)%

Can Someone from kRO confirm this formulas?

Nope thats not kRO formula. both kRO and iRO have same formula. 

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

wATK is not different. The only official server with different base mechanics is jRO as far as i can tell.

And whoever put that DB formula on iROwiki is just terribly wrong.
Since it doesnt take any ATK in account at all, racial and elemental modifers just doesnt apply. If what the person meant was the target resistance against those, the formula would have a - instead of x. And sincerelly, the reduction part can be excluded from any skill formula, there's no point on it.
The 2nd formula is what i just explained.
The only thing that changed on DB after the 175 patch is that it is affected by ranged dmg%( wich shows in the formula) and can now be reduced with the correct cards(no need to be listed on the formula, a side note is enough)

#18 Acrobaleno

Acrobaleno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. So which one is true though? You two have conflicting answers.

Ashuckel, check PM.

#19 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

Correct Formula is 

{ [ ( Current HP / 50 ) + ( MaxSP / 4 ) ] × ( DB Skill Lv × BaseLevel / 150 ) } × Dragon Training Bonus Modifier × Elemental Modifier × (1+Ranged Modifier)

*Dragon Training Bonus Modifier = 1.20

*Elemental Modifier = http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element

I honestly don't know who put racial modifier there. 

Edited by CharAznable, 10 January 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#20 Acrobaleno

Acrobaleno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

Ok got it. So racial doesn't apply on DB.  That wiki page should be edited. Thanks again for the reply.

#21 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:58 AM

i've seen this 'irowiki is wrong' somewhere else but nobody really bothers correcting it, why?

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

i'm lazy

#23 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

i've seen this 'irowiki is wrong' somewhere else but nobody really bothers correcting it, why?

no one who plays the class cares enough to change it :P

i avoid making edits on class pages i'm not familiar with.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

There was a day that i was kinda bored at home and server was in maint, found and edited over 20 pages with some very stupid errors :v
Last thing i did was to put the correct Soul Destroyer formula if i remember correctly.

#25 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

yea i've seen that lazy replies and 'not sure' too :v

but i still think you should go ahead and edit and maybe make a thread here and see if it IS wrong. that's what community do, no? how would we know if it's wrong when somebody never points it wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users