34 replies to this topic

#1 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

Hello everyone.  Started a spellfist sorcerer, currently 107/27, and having a blast playing. 

My Stat Build for now are as follows:

Str 1

Agi 90

Int 90 ( Both are 90 for my +9 Immune HBP)

Vit 62

Dex 40+

Luk 1

Skill Wise I have the following Sorcerer Skills

Spellfist 5

Diamond Dust 5

Psychic Wave 5

Ventus 2

Warmer 3 ( going for Agni 2 )

I just have a few questions for those who are more experienced with this build.​

1.  Recently got ahold of a +9 Magicians Night Cap.  Would like to know if an Isilla Card would be a good choice for it.  I'm not really sure spellfist can proc the isilla's secondary effects.  If not, what would be good card recommendations for it?

2.  Did I go overboard on the dex?  Spellfist does ignore flee, but I found my cast time for the AoE skills to be too damn slow without the dex haha

3.  I've been trying out different weapons for the build

TSoD-  Great overall weapon, enchantable with Malangdo ( Spell 3, Int 4 at the moment )

Chilly Spell Book - Was expecting more Cold Bolt dmg increase from this, but apparently the damage difference between this and TSoD is small

Ledger of Death -  Tested to see if Hell's Judgement procs on Sorcs ( yes it does! )  Haven't enchanted as it's hella expensive

Mental Stick -  Been using this to help trim down the cast time of Psychic Wave for when I need an AoE

The books not only look cooler, but also have 2 slots.  What would be good card recommendations for them?  I'm currently also using a Hodremlin Thorny Buckler with Bison Horn.  I have 188 aspd with my +7 Ledger, and 186 aspd with the other weapons.  Is that enough aspd?  Should I be bringing that many weapons all the time? 

4.  Should I go for temporal boots?  I'm a long ways off from getting 120 in either agi or int.  Currently still using Variants. 

I'm currently doing eden quests for levels 100-110.  Most, if not all the enemies there die in 1-2 hits from spellfist.  Mobs are handled with blinding mist followed by either diamond dust or psychic wave. 

Thanks in advance to all sorcerer experts =)

#2 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

Couple of updates =)

1.  I've tried playing around with the Sidewinder card ( Double attack ) for spellfist.  While it does look cool having those huge numbers, the proc chance is pretty low..  Would you guys think hunter fly would fare better? 

2.  Also did try out some temporal int boots ( Sp5, Speed of Light )  Glad that it's pretty cheap compared to the other enchants.  Even without the 120 int bonus yet, I'm really liking these boots =)

3.  After checking out irowiki, saw some new cards that do increase Fire, Water, and Lightning damage for +9 headgears ( Red, Blue Lichtern, Tikbalang cards )  but having 3 Night caps +9'd is waaay out of my budget range.  I'm still really curious about isilla.  Mid headgears are also a big ? for me haha

4.  Striking ( the sorcerer skill ) seems like a good option to max out next.  Does it in anyway increase spellfist damage? 

#3 Yugiohfan

Yugiohfan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

see if this helps:

https://forums.warpp...hindsight-sorc/

if not;

1. id just go for a kk card or dark illusion or clocktwer card for headgear, 100% cast reduction isn't that hard since we currently don't have the matching accessory for the magicians night cap (and i doubt we ever will). If you want to get the element boost headgear cards wind is the card most people get because of Elvira Card+Tikbalang Card combo (and if you want even more wind damage and have a free garment slot theres Gioia Card)
  2. dex is fine i guess but id start pumping that int to 120 if you already have the int shoes
  3. i personally favor ledger for my sorc because of hell's judgement if you want some leeching effects try Thanatos Staff (or support the creation of thana book/tablet XD), for cards go for of Librarian (if you feel lucky enough to get that weapon of yours to +14)/Blazing/Meteoric or if you can afford mvps Storm-Bringer's/Scythelike, as for your atkspd aim for 192
  4. To me at-least Enchanted stat boots > E.Variants any day especially if your going to get a stat to 120.

As for your cast problems, try the usual insta cast gears; +9kk headgear (9%) minimum of spell 4/4 wep (20%) perfect enchanted RWC Pendants (32%) +9 FAW with spell enchants (30%) Temp Int/Agi boots spell enchant minimum, 4 (10%). You should have only fixed cast time at that point and just in case it needs to be said don't try to get rid of that as you still need to cast your bolt spells to be able to interrupt it. (Passive ventus+sacra comes to mind)

oh and Striking increases crit and atk. As far as i know spell fist cant crit and it used Matk not atk.

#4 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

Ahh, thank you Yugiohfan.  That thread was very informative.

As to the points you mentioned:

1.  KK is kinda out of my budget reach haha.  Also think that putting it in a magicians night cap might be a waste ( resale value wise )  Might just save up for a skull cap (tower keeper) when casting.  I understand how tikbalang and elvira work, but won't red/blue lichtern work with imp/siroma cards as well( for spellfist that is )?  and MVP cards are definitely out of my reach haha

2.  I'm still pumping up my vit as of now 112/29 at 70 vit.  Wanted to get the bonus from the HBP.  Or should I just forego that 90 vit bonus and start pumping int like mad from now on?

3.  I didn't know about the Thanatos staff! and it does sound great!  Well not better than the book ( and OMG at that librarian card at 14!, which I'm never ever going to get ) haha =)  My big question with thanatos staff effects is will spellfist work with it?  To clarify, is Spellfist considered magical or physical? It sounds weird cause it works with both hunter fly and sidewinder cards which are for physical attacks.  Which also brings me back to the isilla card question, will spellfist proc its secondary effects?

4.  I agree that temporal int boots are going to be the no brainer choice when I get to 120 int =)

As with cast gears, I understood all your recommendations except for RWC pendants.  What are those and where can I get them?  Are they slotted?  ( for imp,siroma and the like )  I know I complained about cast time, but I wouldn't want to cast "too fast" which might give me a hard time spellfisting if that makes any sense =)

Edited by kiddo313, 01 January 2016 - 06:31 AM.

#5 Yugiohfan

Yugiohfan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

1. Its really up to you which one you get and yes Imp and siroma cards work too.
  2. It depends on what you want to focus on at your level; survivability or damage.
  3. Spell Fist counts as melee magic damage. You can find more information about it here. The book is just fanfic so i wouldn't go around looking for one XD

RWCs are limited time kafra shop items. There were in quite recently (i haven't played in a few weeks so i don't know if they're still in the game). If you don't want to spend real money on them you can check ragial to see if anyone is vending them (They're contained in rwc rally box which are trade-able. The accessories temselves are account bound once you open the box).

They can be socketed and enchanted in the 2nd floor of eden. (socketing them resets their enchant giving you a 2nd chance at enchanting them).

Oh and just a heads up, the rally box contains 1 pendant and 1 ring sou you need to buy 2 rally boxes to get 2 rings.

You can also use the pendant of maelstrom wadoichimonji recommended. Other viable accessories are: rofl (without the ror to avoid gf and sonic procs :p_sick: ), bradium brooch, advanced ror+rofl, (yay no gf and sonic proc :p_love:) and the bakonawa agimat tatoo.

Edit:

Forgot to answer your islilla question, as spell fist counts as magic damage i see no reason for it not to but the delay might use up most if not all of that window. For mid headgears fo BDM (slotted is a preferred but not that necessary) Pegasus ear wing, or any slotted middle headgear/any headgear you think looks cute enough to be seen in that doesn't have a costume version in game or that you own.

Edited by Yugiohfan, 01 January 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#6 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

I've tried some autocast gear ( CD in mouth, RoFL etc )  and seems llike it doesn't synergize well with spellfist. 

Some problems I experienced with it are when I'm using the thorny buckler + bison horn combo.  The thorns effect of the bison horn seems to trigger these autocasts which sometimes prevents me from casting an AoE skill in case of mobs.

Thanks again Yugiohfan for all the feedback.

#7 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:43 AM

Just another quick question, for sorcs with the thanatos staff.

Any idea on the proc chance for leeching?  And what're some recommended cards for it?

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:14 AM

Thanatos staff effect is not a leech, is a regen over time

#9 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

Oh, my mistake. I must have misread the item description.

Is said regen noticable?

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

now there's another spellfister. i used to hate to re-spellfist so i usually just use it as an opening and whack at 193 speed without stopping so my right hand can click on pots while my left hand picking my nose

btw, stormy mvp card isnt really recommended as SG knocks back your foe thus you'd have to close down on your opponent. manager card is awesome if you rely on a single bolt but more aoe autocasts are desirable for HS, not SF.

if you want to alternate between SF and AoE, recommended gears would be Jinn, DEX/INT Orlean's or Geffen Robe, 2x Spell3/3 RWC Pendant, Spell4/4+ Ledger, Valk Shield. that's 37% cast reduc plus DEX/INT. problem is, nobody get that high spell enchant on a Ledger so you'd have to enchant it yourself.

now just switch to spell boots, spell FAW, and maybe +9 KK CoD for 69% more cast reduc. hey, even without KK, you can have 97% cast reduc so :y switch back to aspd boots, hbp/aspd faw, and MNC + BDM for single target.

#11 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

Thank you spikexp for your feedback as well =)

As you and Yugiohfan have said, i believe rwc is the way to go for accessories.  My question there is would the lack of slots for imp and siroma have that huge of an effect? 

You mentioned Valk Shield spikexp.  How does that compare to Thorny + Bison ( Which i'm currently using )  and Orleans Shield set?

I'm currently 117/31 leveling in Juperos.  Tried all 3 spirits, Agni Aqua and Venus, and found Aqua to be most useful.  Where do you guys farm for Mystic Frozen?  I did get quite a bit doing Eden quest 100-110 for Ice Titans.  Also have been trading ores in Amatsu using the great natures I got from sleepers.

As for reloading spell fist, I kinda got the hang of it already.  What scares me the most out of all the recommendations is the enchanting of the Ledger, as it costs 4 Seafood's per attempt per enchantment O_O

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:42 AM

I farm Ragial for elemental stones :)

#13 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:34 AM

You can slot RWC too. The non-slotted version is for combo with RWC knife.

Valk Shield nice for more resist and survivability. Thorny combo if you want more ASPD+reflect, which is give more benefit for Hindsight.

Well, Ragial is nice place for farming Mystic Frozen XD. But I think farming Great Nature and change it to other stones is cheaper than stalking ragial (they are too pricey for me >.<). Oh, just sharing some of my playstyle using spirits. I use my spirits to tank some monster (using Spirit Action when they in passive mode or change their mode to offensive mode). With Ventus lvl 3, I can survive 4 centipedes with my mediocre equips and 40 VIT.

About Thanatos Staff. It is more favorable for Hindsight as the regen proc with rapid bolts. It didn't proc with Spell-Fist (that's why I appeal for Thanatos Book/Tablet).

If you prefer Ledger of Death, Faithful Manager, HF or DL Essence Intelligence is good choice. I correct my statement about Bapho card; after intensive search in forum, found that it didn't work with SF :sob: . Chilly Spell Book Spell 3/3 is dreamy, but in my calculation, it far more expensive than making +14 Ledger /heh

#14 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:13 AM

just buy LOADS of Ledgers and make yourself a xx/70 mastersmith and upgrade one yourself. +10 shouldn't be THAT hard to get. try investing 50m worth of oridecons to get a 99m worth weapon.

#15 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

You can slot RWC too. The non-slotted version is for combo with RWC knife.

Valk Shield nice for more resist and survivability. Thorny combo if you want more ASPD+reflect, which is give more benefit for Hindsight.

Well, Ragial is nice place for farming Mystic Frozen XD. But I think farming Great Nature and change it to other stones is cheaper than stalking ragial (they are too pricey for me >.<). Oh, just sharing some of my playstyle using spirits. I use my spirits to tank some monster (using Spirit Action when they in passive mode or change their mode to offensive mode). With Ventus lvl 3, I can survive 4 centipedes with my mediocre equips and 40 VIT.

About Thanatos Staff. It is more favorable for Hindsight as the regen proc with rapid bolts. It didn't proc with Spell-Fist (that's why I appeal for Thanatos Book/Tablet).

If you prefer Ledger of Death, Faithful Manager, HF or DL Essence Intelligence is good choice. I correct my statement about Bapho card; after intensive search in forum, found that it didn't work with SF :sob: . Chilly Spell Book Spell 3/3 is dreamy, but in my calculation, it far more expensive than making +14 Ledger /heh

Oh so the RWCs can be slotted, that's great to hear!

Sucks about the Thanatos staff, I have to find out that it doesn't work with spellfist AFTER buying one with all the zenny I have left haha =)

I do have a Chilly Spell Book, didn't know you can enchant that with spell 3/3 as well.

#16 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

just buy LOADS of Ledgers and make yourself a xx/70 mastersmith and upgrade one yourself. +10 shouldn't be THAT hard to get. try investing 50m worth of oridecons to get a 99m worth weapon.

That is equally as scary as the enchanting part haha.  Would you know on average how many tries it takes to get spell4 enchantments for both slots?

#17 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

Well, Thanatos staff has highest matk for one handed staff. At least you can opt Thana for better SF damage =D

This is how you enchant Chilly Spell Book. The hardest part is the random enchant type and fail possibility. I recall someone mentioned he spent hundreds of Creeper Bows but still can't get perfect enchant he desired. One thing that bug me is, why Chilly Spell Book is rarer and more expensive than Creeper Bow? Is it because Alphoccio spawn rate?

Psst, support my Magia Erebea accessory too for better SF play pls  :P

#18 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

you need to go through hell and back just to get a decent biolab enchant so i won't really recommend it

as for malangdo enchant, you'd want to start off with couple of A coins. immediately reset if you dont get spell3 or spell4. when you got a spell3 or 4, use seagod for the second enchant

i'd say, 100m budget might be required to get spell3/4 or spell4/4. most of the +0 [clean] spell4/4 stuffs are around 100~150m price range

#19 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

So... that's about 100m or more to make a +10 Ledger...

A few more hundred millions to enchant it....

Not even going to bother computing for the Chilly Spell Book enchantments haha =)

And here I thought going for spellfist would be within my budget/ Cheap haha =)

But at least the Manager card is cheap haha, that is if I ever get to upgrade either of my books to 10 .....

Oh and another question,  I've been reading up on other spellfist builds and recommendations, and I keep seeing people to refer to a KRO accessory that benefits the magicians night cap.  Would anyone be so kind as to post the stats of said accessory? 

Edited by kiddo313, 06 January 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#20 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:42 AM

Oh and another question,  I've been reading up on other spellfist builds and recommendations, and I keep seeing people to refer to a KRO accessory that benefits the magicians night cap.  Would anyone be so kind as to post the stats of said accessory?

magician night's cap and all other touhou-themed hat are proposed by the community. they are intended to come with accessories to pair with. this is the original proposal:
https://docs.google....y_TWjfBDjjY/pub

as you can see now, the project is messed up by kRO and seems to be discontinued. iRO could not make the gears themselves without kRO's greenlight.

#21 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:26 AM

magician night's cap and all other touhou-themed hat are proposed by the community. they are intended to come with accessories to pair with. this is the original proposal:
https://docs.google....y_TWjfBDjjY/pub

as you can see now, the project is messed up by kRO and seems to be discontinued. iRO could not make the gears themselves without kRO's greenlight.

OMG at that accessory haha!

But how would autocast of Spellfist work if you need to cancel a bolt to successfully spellfist in the first place? 

But even though without the autocast of Spellfist that accessory is insane!  +10% bolt damage aspd+5 Lvl5 Double Attack, and chance for Adrenaline Rush!

#22 Yugiohfan

Yugiohfan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:38 AM

That's the $100 question spell fist players ask. Too bad we'll probably never get the answer to it since the project seems to have been scrapped after the buggy head-gears (and some with completely different effects) were released.

#23 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

That's the $100 question spell fist players ask. Too bad we'll probably never get the answer to it since the project seems to have been scrapped after the buggy head-gears (and some with completely different effects) were released.

Come to think of it, randomly casting spellfist ( even if it works ) with random elements isn't that great of an idea.  You may suddenly miss all hits because of an elemental bolt change halfway through. 

But even without the auto cast of spellfist, that accessory is amazing haha. 

119/32 now, and finally have 90 on vit int and agi.  Will be pumping up int from here on.   1 level away from testing out thanatos staff =)

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

When autoattacking the bolts are instantly procd, not casted. Just this already kills spellfist autocast.

#25 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

Just made it to 120, and the thanatos staff isn't so bad when coupled with the CD and thorny and bison combo.

Seems to proc quite often, and as wadaichimonji mentioned, has higher matk as compared to the other 1h staves.

Did try out spikexp's suggestion and bought ledgers.  Only bought 10, and got only 1 to +8, which subsequently broke going to +9 haha.  My luck sucks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users