Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

xRU6RPY.png'S BUILD (4/26/2015)

Hello everyone, first of all as the title tells you, my character is Aphrodyae and i am a wizard and proud to be a wizard in this world densely populated by Knights, Sin or even Priests.

We all know that Wizards are either way underskilled and not as useful as the other classes (except of course the fact that we are a walking dragonology buff) :)

I wanted my wizard to be able to fight decently in PVE and in PVP so here is my build. (i have tested maybe 30 different build) and this one matches my way of playing very well.

Spoiler Part one

Spoiler Part two

============         First tree:         ============

cold bolt 1/5: Indeed this skill is useful but as a wizard you will barely use it in PVP neither will you use it in PVE.

Frost diver 3/3: i maxed this skill out because 6 seconds lvl 3 is really a big improvement. 

Water emblem 1/5: As for me this is the most useless emblem because of its features, as a wizard you don't have any heal so 10% armor will not be that useful as well as the 5% hp/sp recovery every 10 seconds, nevertheless the bonus with "seal explosion" is interesting but the effect is the same level 1 or 5.

Frost nova 1/5: i decided to keep this skill level 1 cause the only difference is the CD and because of the "strong will buff" you give to your opponent when he gets frozen so as not to be able to permanently "froze" your opponent.

Ice wall 1/5: Same as frost nova, i keep it lvl 1 because of the lack of power from this skill, only 10 seconds of invulnerability without being able to do anything aside  from being still, you cannot even attack anyone such as "shadow armor" from Assassin.

Inferno 0/5: i keep this skill lvl 1 because it is really useless, it deals weak damage, it could have been powerful if the dot from "firestarter" was not that weak, so as long as "firestarter" remains useless i will not add any further point in "inferno".

============         Second tree:         ============

Fire bolt 10/10: this skill is really useful it deals decent damage and allows you to collect flames from "pyromaniac" Fire ball 6/6: here is the most useful as well as the most used skill by wizard, indeed it gives a strong DoT (Damage over time) to your opponent, it also collects flames from "pyromaniac".

Fire ball 6/6: this skill of course because of its dot and powerful damage.

Fire ball mastery 1/3: This skill is important and the reason why i haven't put three points in this is just because i needed two points to up my lighting bolt but this skill is really good if you are only into PVE. As i have said before i am into PVP and PVE and to be honest 1/3 is clearly enough in PVE.

Fire Emblem 5/5: So yeah level 5 for several reasons, 10% magic power is really important and also because of the buff given by "seal explosion" + "fire emblem" (both used at the same time)

Seal explosion 5/5: this skill must be level 5, it has a big CD (cooldown) but its effects are really strong.

Firestarter 1/5: This skill used to be strong and useful for Wizard but time flies and i guess this skill does not..so it used to be strong but it is not anymore, the game changed the mechanics as well but not its features.

Dragonology 5/5: Of course this is why Wizard is still alive, because of this buff which is really wanted by every class with INT notably knights and warriors as well.

Pyromaniac 1/10: This skill is either way bugged or not working properly, i have tested it level 1 and level 10 and i haven't seen any difference and if it has one then it is clearly not worth it.

Flame explosion 10/10: Here is your most powerful skill but it is completely useless in PVP because of the difficulty to collect 100 flames in order to use it but as for me i have it level 10 because i am not only PVP but also PVE. (This skill combined with "seal explosion" has a special effect).

Ymir child: Nightmare 2/3: Honestly this is really up to you to have it level 1 or 2 or 3 but as this skill offers several improvements, i did not want to skip it even if the CD is somehow high.

============         Third tree:         ============

Lighting bolt 10/10: Why is my LB level 10/10 ? merely because i do love this skill, it is so useful in PVP combined with "frost nova and diver" due to the x2 damage and in PVE combined with the pet "embush" it has the same impact.

Thunderstorm 1/6: this skill is really useful and honestly i am still wondering whether i should max it out or not because

combined with "embush" the x2 damage buff due to the "frozen state" is really interesting but as i have said it before i had to make a  choice and as i don't really use any AOE then i haven't maxed it out.

Wind Emblem 5/5: this emblem is really wonderful and do not make the mistake of thinking that it improves your haste rate  because i do not know whether it is a mistake or not but it improves your "cast speed" and combined with "seal explosion" it improves it a lot more more.

Teleportation 3/3: this skill is roughly your only one way to escape from the battle if you are getting bullied (when you are lazy to run it is also useful :) )

Levitation 0/3: i wanted to get some points to up my LB and as levitation is clearly not useful for me so i decided to skip it.

Meteor storm 0/6: Same as levitation, several players told me that it is a strong AOE (Area of Effect) and i don't deny it but as for me it is a slow AOE and i prefer to summon a pet instead of using an AOE.        

NOTE: I will update this build as soon as i change something in order to let you know about the latest things i have found. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message or a mail in game.

THANKS FOR READING.                      

Edited by Sowlemia, 19 December 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#2 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

This is currently the V 2.0 of my final build. ENJOY IT.

#3 nelsky27

nelsky27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Finally, if ever my head hits a wall and I decide to make a wiz, I know where to go

#4 Aristolochia

Aristolochia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTurkey - Indo

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:03 AM

Ty so much, this is what I was looking for :)

#5 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:17 AM

Sorry i forgot to add "fire ball 6/6" xD my bad

#6 badtrip16

badtrip16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

I also have a wizard. I used to be a PvP and PvE wiz when firestarter is still a strong DoT. Now, I am mostly a PvE wizard. 

I would just like to make a few comments, in case some people consider making a PvE build wizard. 

I have to say that I never really played around with the wind-based skills (third tree). I only have level 1 in those skills, with the exception of teleportation, which I maxed. I do use lightning bolt though. It is quite useful when you want to continue attacking while running/moving.

I do use water-based skills (first tree) quite a bit, even when I was still actively participating in PvPs. I use water emblem when I know I'll be taking a lot of damage that will put my life in peril. The damage reduction from water emblem helps you to survive, especially at lower level, when maxed. Also, the combination of water emblem (level 5) + seal explosion (level 5) + ice wall (level 1) can help you in a very sticky situation, like close to dying. You need to learn to time it though, cause you do have to activate 2 or 3 skills. Admittedly, this combination will not save you from constant DoTs in PvP.

Inferno and meteor storm are fire-based skills and should belong in the second tree (as you can see from the arrows from pyromaniac). Anyway, if you are considering to build more of a PvE wizard, I would suggest you put points in these 2 skills, or to meteor storm at the very least. Though the casting time of meteor storm could be better (admittedly, it is pretty slow), it is still a strong AoE skill, especially when maxed and seal explosion is in effect. 

I would also highly recommend to max ymir child.

Edited by badtrip16, 01 February 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#7 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:48 AM

Ymir child is only good for wizard if you have a  high vigor 1.7K+, about seal explosion i won't even talk about this...the CD is too high so nearly useless in PVP and without any consequences in PVE.

Edited by Sowlemia, 02 February 2016 - 02:49 AM.

#8 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:56 AM

Build updated. (I am partially back to the game mostly to see my friends but feel free to leave me a message on the forum if you have any questions concerning the Wizard class)

Edited by Sowlemia, 26 April 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#9 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

UP !!!

#10 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

coming back into the game and is currently working on getting my wizard maxed after a few years overdue..

I did notice how much the DOTs on Firestarter looks depressing now

your build looks promising IMO

but yeah if you are still leveling at least get that Meteor Storm up..  you are expected to be dishing out em AOEs on a daily basis as wiz in ML grinding parties

#11 Ciko70

Ciko70

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBulungan

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

btw thanks for guiding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users