Intelligent discussion about raiders - Page 4 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Intelligent discussion about raiders

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#76 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

Is your comp really that bad?...

i play rose on a 6yr old HP laptop xDD

No, his soul is.

U FACE!!! >:[

Edited by poopiehead, 03 December 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#77 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Location21º 18' N, 157º 51' W

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Just for the sake of how ridiculous I think this thread is and to prove my point that it's the only thing that gives raiders a chance as well as strengthen my previous post on how dmgs are made to proportion in addition to the player's timing/skill use, I've went out of my way to make a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IP1sGcu6uo

oh please, lmao clearly you are not showing everything, really thats how you fight? what you are not showing is you using pots, hp, defense,magic res, post another video and tell me how much u really get the knight to and my point exactly, one raider is almost able to take down a knight all by himself, the knight did not win by much, maybe 20%. and lmao, really in that video you were meleeing more then anything, you used burn only once and then it was like melee, melee, melee, lmao.

Edited by Irtofu, 04 December 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#78 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Just for the sake of how ridiculous I think this thread is and to prove my point that it's the only thing that gives raiders a chance as well as strengthen my previous post on how dmgs are made to proportion in addition to the player's timing/skill use, I've went out of my way to make a video.

lol you :P suck

#79 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

one raider is almost able to take down a knight all by himself

You're implying that a knight should not be able to be beaten 1v1, this makes the whole notion of pvp pointless...
As previously said, if anything, the cooldowns of some of the burns can be increased to prevent them from being spammed.

At this point, it seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing

#80 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

i dont even need some reasoning to justify what you are saying . ..its already justified of all the facts of what i said earlier..
huh!? my idea to balance classes? i didnt remember what i said about balancing a classes cause i dont even need to. ..
yea most people saying CHAMPIONS are OVERPOWERED than a raider(and i think your the only one saying RADIERS are OP). .
and most of people now playing champs because of their advantage now . .and i was like so what!? i didnt take that as a problem i take that as a challenge and atleast it gives me a few excitement(this game is already boring anyway)
and LOL basing off the desing of this game!? you know what ima tell you something THIS GAME IS ALREADY BASED ON LUCK. ..

and for the PVM/PVE. . .ididnt really see any problem of this

Damn rey lol. you tell him!

#81 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

Just to be a part of this... It's called purify potion ^^.

#82 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:14 AM

Just to be a part of this... It's called purify potion ^^.

lol already been discussed look at previous post

#83 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:59 AM

oh please, lmao clearly you are not showing everything, really thats how you fight? what you are not showing is you using pots, hp, defense,magic res, post another video and tell me how much u really get the knight to and my point exactly, one raider is almost able to take down a knight all by himself, the knight did not win by much, maybe 20%. and lmao, really in that video you were meleeing more then anything, you used burn only once and then it was like melee, melee, melee, lmao.

We were doing without any buff pots or food. and the "melee melee" it's called being muted.

#84 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

Mike I think you have a misconception about knights. If they can't be beaten 1on1, the next nerf thread would be about them. The reason they are considered tanks is when more than one person hits them, they die slower than if some other class was being ganged. That doesn't mean that nobody can kill them 1on1, it simply means that they take less damage than other people when being ganged. Aside from champs, I'd say this is pretty much true. Dodge is more effective 1v1 than it is while being ganged (since there are more skills being spammed in a certain amount of time).

If you want them to tank better, then their offensive capabilities have to be weakened. If you want it to be impossible for them to die 1on1, then they should have a really hard time killing someone.

That was kind of off-topic, sorry.

Like I said too many times, just tweak the cooldowns.

#85 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

We were doing without any buff pots or food. and the "melee melee" it's called being muted.

ur mute ended at .20, u did mostly meleeing till u died... and also the fact that you were doing with full buffs, im assuming you are looking at it from a war scenario so not sure why u went and took the time to get buffs but didnt bother using buff pots, I would like to see who wins when u use buff pots:], just like in a uw scenario.

#86 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Mike I think you have a misconception about knights. If they can't be beaten 1on1, the next nerf thread would be about them. The reason they are considered tanks is when more than one person hits them, they die slower than if some other class was being ganged. That doesn't mean that nobody can kill them 1on1, it simply means that they take less damage than other people when being ganged. Aside from champs, I'd say this is pretty much true. Dodge is more effective 1v1 than it is while being ganged (since there are more skills being spammed in a certain amount of time).

If you want them to tank better, then their offensive capabilities have to be weakened. If you want it to be impossible for them to die 1on1, then they should have a really hard time killing someone.

That was kind of off-topic, sorry.

Like I said too many times, just tweak the cooldowns.

fair enough, then maybe puri potions might actually be worth using

Edited by Irtofu, 05 December 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#87 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

also, you should make a video of uw and how much raiders actually tank:) last uw you and blaze were tanking like 10 people and picking them off one by one.

#88 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

ur mute ended at .20, u did mostly meleeing till u died... and also the fact that you were doing with full buffs, im assuming you are looking at it from a war scenario so not sure why u went and took the time to get buffs but didnt bother using buff pots, I would like to see who wins when u use buff pots:], just like in a uw scenario.

umm and what difference will buff pots do? make the fight even longer?

also, you should make a video of uw and how much raiders actually tank:) last uw you and blaze were tanking like 10 people and picking them off one by one.

imo almost half of the ppl in UW just knows how to gang and most of them dont even know what they are doing.

Edited by Soda, 06 December 2010 - 06:30 AM.

#89 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

imo almost half of the ppl in UW just knows how to gang and most of them dont even know what they are doing.

You are absolutely correct there, most of the people either pick the OP champ and run around AOE or choose raider class just because "most" people think it is a good PvP class.

#90 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

umm and what difference will buff pots do? make the fight even longer?

um raiders get more of a advantage in defense,magic res and hp?

#91 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

And Knights get an advantage in more acc, ap and hp? It's not like using pots is going to only give the raider a bigger advantage.

#92 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

And Knights get an advantage in more acc, ap and hp? It's not like using pots is going to only give the raider a bigger advantage.

and how does that scale to what raiders get but? acc is only gonna be a minor difference which wont really do that much because even with over 3.3k acc you still miss or do half damage on raiders... and also the difference in ap is only like 150 +/- ap difference which doesnt amount to much (last I tested 1k ap difference amounts to about a 300 damage difference)

#93 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

ill post a video later on showing the extent of the problem with burn + tanking combination:)

#94 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

and how does that scale to what raiders get but? acc is only gonna be a minor difference which wont really do that much because even with over 3.3k acc you still miss or do half damage on raiders... and also the difference in ap is only like 150 +/- ap difference which doesnt amount to much (last I tested 1k ap difference amounts to about a 300 damage difference)

It's not like the difference in defenses for using buff pots are going to make a huge difference either.

#95 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

about 2xx def - 5xx? or more if u have a chiv 15 as a buff set, Magic res only 6xx-8xx , Hp 2-3k.. With that i dont see how raiders can get so much benefit from the buff pots. KNIGHT hp buff pot i guess around 4? -5k hp increase not sure, def prolly more than 1k , mdef 5xx maybe higher with Opals. (not sure about the knight)

#96 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

about 2xx def - 5xx? or more if u have a chiv 15 as a buff set, Magic res only 6xx-8xx , Hp 2-3k.. With that i dont see how raiders can get so much benefit from the buff pots. KNIGHT hp buff pot i guess around 4? -5k hp increase not sure, def prolly more than 1k , mdef 5xx maybe higher with Opals. (not sure about the knight)

knights get no benefit from def/magic def buff pots, their defense and magic defense buff is the same %

#97 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

knights get no benefit from def/magic def buff pots, their defense and magic defense buff is the same %

And thats why were talking about buff pots..

#98 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

also when testing somethings out last night, with 10k ap and 4.5k acc, to show how much raiders can tank, I still tend to do 1.4k-2.3k damage to them when I would be skill other clases,s clerics for 3.8k-4.6k damage and other champs for 3k-5.5k damage and mages for 4.5k damage.

Edited by Irtofu, 08 December 2010 - 11:22 AM.

#99 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

also when testing somethings out last night, with 10k ap and 4.5k acc, to show how much raiders can tank, I still tend to do 1.4k-2.3k damage to them when I would be skill other clases,s clerics for 3.8k-4.6k damage and other champs for 3k-5.5k damage and mages for 4.5k damage.

you cant compare the damage you do when they dodge ur atk to the dmg u do to other classes when u successfully land an atk.

thats like saying "oh, i hit knights for 400 dmg when the same atk does 3k to a raider, omg knights OP"

#100 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

you cant compare the damage you do when they dodge ur atk to the dmg u do to other classes when u successfully land an atk.

thats like saying "oh, i hit knights for 400 dmg when the same atk does 3k to a raider, omg knights OP"

I think hes trying to say that if he was a raider with crap gear he would have done more damage in that situation using a burn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users