Valentine's Day Loading Screen Contest! :V - Page 7 - Creative Archive Goldmine - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Valentine's Day Loading Screen Contest! :V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

#151 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

ff4933219cdd93f478d7f3beb13f5a04.png

Inspired by little mermaid

Edited by KamiKali, 26 January 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#152 Anaestasha

Anaestasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

Aw thanks.^^ It's not my wanderer tho lol. Oda, thru Akreis, prejudged my entry as non-winning due to the issues that encircled it so I thought it's no use having my entry in the contest anymore.

Awe </3 But but you revised the background, right? Anyways, I'm always a fan of your art and hoping someday i could draw as good as you Hahaha 

#153 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

Drawing isn't really one of my best aspects so please forgive me! I'll make it up to the community if there's ever any sort of writing contest 

IGN: Dawnte

Server: Chaos

RXsmRky.jpg

#154 Lillies

Lillies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:Cheese is Life

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

POPULAR

:v

33blbir.png

edit: ok I guess dropbox doesn't work /wah

edit2: derp, png instead of jpeg

edit3: description:
I had the idea of adding some elements of Chinese qi pao clothes to the wedding attires, and while wandering around Jawaii I found the Antique room, which is a perfect place in Jawaii to celebrate the Lunar new year as well!

Edited by Lillies, 25 January 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#155 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:30 AM

vdayro2_zpsg2torh7t.png

Hello, been a while since I posted in the forum. I hope I am not too late, here's some Jawaii love!

I drew my friend's character as I don't really have a romantic interest in the game anymore :P

Can the prize be given to her as well?

Ign: char dg

Server: Renewal chaos

Awsm work and cute couple #goals.  :love: Also, a shout out to my Angels guildies. Good luck, everyone!

#156 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

Also, a shout out to my Angels guildies. Good luck, everyone!

Woot woot! Thanks, flower! <3 and good luck, everyone~ :)

#157 TheronMoscow

TheronMoscow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:34 AM

wow! that looks amazing... I love the warm antique feeling it gives  :p_love:

:v

33blbir.png

edit: ok I guess dropbox doesn't work /wah

edit2: derp, png instead of jpeg

edit3: description:
I had the idea of adding some elements of Chinese qi pao clothes to the wedding attires, and while wandering around Jawaii I found the Antique room, which is a perfect place in Jawaii to celebrate the Lunar new year as well!

#158 Exiled

Exiled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:38 AM

phew, just finished finalizing my submission~

made this in conjunction for Fae's birthday and Valentine's day with her boyfriend Exiled!

hope you like it :D

my IGN is TheronMoscow

1WBf31F.png

Amazing!

#159 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

Awe </3 But but you revised the background, right? Anyways, I'm always a fan of your art and hoping someday i could draw as good as you Hahaha 

Can't do anything bout it, it's their call. It's just ok tho. Thanks again but I say you aim to draw not just as good but way better than me. I'm still a lame artist atm. xD

#160 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Sorry for the late response guys! (I had some things come up IRL, and my net is being a butt)

Thank you all for coming and participating in this contest!

It's going to be really tough for us to pick out winners, everyone did a great job!

Edited by Akreis, 26 January 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#161 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

ff4933219cdd93f478d7f3beb13f5a04.png

Inspired by little mermaid

you finally got out of the pixel art loop :P i love it T^T :lv: also that reference :heh: me likey the atmosphere 

#162 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

you finally got out of the pixel art loop :P i love it T^T :lv: also that reference :heh: me likey the atmosphere 

Thank you Erin <333, I've been in the drawing mood lately, but I have so much stuff to do too.

#163 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week. 

Thank you all for your patience! It was very difficult to pick out each winner. 

6 winners have been chosen, 3 winners for the Jawaii Theme, and 3 for the Lunar New Year Theme.

I wish I could choose more winners >_<

Jawaii Winners: (no particular order)

Lillies

Spoiler

MikaKuchiki

Spoiler

Larasayas

Spoiler

Lunar New Year Winners: (no particular order)

Minyi

Spoiler

Inori

Spoiler

Miaowlee

Spoiler

Edited by Akreis, 03 February 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#164 SailorMoon

SailorMoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Locationnorth carolinaa
  • Server:renewal

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

Congrats to the winners! <3

#165 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

Congratulations to the winners!  :wub: to Mika, Larasayaz and Inori.

#166 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

Skill should be rewarded, not reprimanded. Sad to see naropem, Teacup, Meli and SailorMoon's not chosen over some entries.

But congrats to those chosen.

Edited by KamiKali, 01 February 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#167 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

Skill should be rewarded, not reprimanded. Sad to see naropem, Teacup, Meli and SailorMoon's not chosen over some entries.

You're not the only one.

#168 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

But congrats to those chosen.

I said I wouldn't choose winners solely for their skill level.

I don't see where in that I reprimanded skill at all.

I want our art community to know that those who aren't  incredibly skilled are also being appreciated and welcomed alongside others who can create amazing works of art.

And that they're not going to be excluded from being a (possible) winner just because "they're not good enough like the others." And these guys put a lot of effort into their work, and their work also involved the theme(s) very well.

They deserve some recognition as much as anyone else.

#169 SirAsh

SirAsh

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

Congratulations to all the winners!

#170 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

I said I wouldn't choose winners solely for their skill level.

I don't see where in that I reprimanded skill at all.

I want our art community to know that those who aren't  incredibly skilled are also being appreciated and welcomed alongside others who can create amazing works of art.

And that they're not going to be excluded from being a (possible) winner just because "they're not good enough like the others." And these guys put a lot of effort into their work, and their work also involved the theme(s) very well.

They deserve some recognition as much as anyone else.

If this is an art contest skill should be heavily involved with judging. This just discourages people who have drawn for years and spends countless hours to hone their skills to not participate. You can't judge someone's "effort" what if it took me hours on a stick figure - or 30 minutes to draw a masterpiece? And Creativity and Originality fall under the same concept. Most contest on forums nowadays have multiple judges to vote, which doesn't seem the case here.

Otherwise you can make this a "Vday Load Screen Concept contest" and have it like Tati's stick figure comic where other things aside from skill matter more.

Perhaps you should have had a category for skill and for concept.

Edited by KamiKali, 01 February 2016 - 09:53 PM.

#171 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

If this is an art contest skill should be heavily involved with judging. This just discourages people who have drawn for years and spends countless hours to hone their skills to not participate. You can't judge someone's "effort" what if it took me hours on a stick figure - or 30 minutes to draw a masterpiece? And Creativity and Originality fall under the same concept. Most contest on forums nowadays have multiple judges to vote, which doesn't seem the case here.

Otherwise you can make this a "Vday Load Screen Concept contest" and have it like Tati's stick figure comic where other things aside from skill matter more.

Perhaps you should have had a category for skill and for concept.

I think skill would be a good category too, because some of these artists are humbled just to have their entry as a loading screen.

I think that's pretty good as far as recognition goes.

There's some entries I absolutelyyyyy loved here that didn't get chosen =(
When I hold contests, I usually have 4-6 people judging though, so there's always a huge mishmash.

I'm just afraid that without a skill category or something similar, we'll lose some of the more practiced artists!

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for hosting the event though, a lot of the entries were lovely!

#172 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

Confusion usually comes from lack of specification. I will include one of the art competition I'm currently working on.

http://www.artistsne...art-competition

As you can see, they put such detail that no one will feel alienated. They even have separated standard for 16 years old and younger. Fan Art Contest can be more forgiving, doesn't mean it should be less specified. This is how every Art Competition goes as far as ones I've entered. I'm all on about skill is not the only deciding factor on choosing a winning artwork, but you need to specify those first before judging the artwork. 

If it had categories, and specification on what merits are looked at, this would've been more clear for wide participants. 

Edited by CharAznable, 01 February 2016 - 10:18 PM.

#173 aralee73

aralee73

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationJelly Land
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:03 PM

Is there any participation prize? :D

#174 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:03 PM

the entries this year were really outstanding. i think everyone should be proud of themselves. 

giphy.gif

Skill should always be considered (that's why we're having a contest aren't we?) though i think the entries are already a testament to that don't you think?

Also, not everyone in this community are under the same level of skill (based on what i understood from Akreis) 

Perhaps some of them, are in that point where they've improved from their previous works. And its not just the skill we're just judging here, it should have an impact to the viewer, a story to tell and uniqueness to boot and many more things i probably forgot. I think the judges chose quality works anyway deemed fit for the prize.

For me the winners are deserving, their works and ideas are refreshing and away from the common format i'd see for vday/ lunar new year contests. i'm actually much surprised it ended up with 2 themes whereas its only vday theme indicated on the title of this thread xD

anyway nuff said congrats guys

#175 SpecialTurtle

SpecialTurtle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Locationu dont gotta know
  • Server:y u wanna know (Chaos)

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

Haha, I can see how hard it will be to judge entries especially with a wide range of different artists and only 5-6 people can only win. In other art contests I've entered, they had many different categories ranging from "1 Overall Winner, 2nd Best, 3rd Best, Best Coloring, Best Theme, Best character design, Best use of digital media/or Traditional media" etc. Unfortunately, this is only a loading screen contest in a small community and a small amount of time with limited prizes. The ones I've entered would have a 4-6 month deadline, over 40-60+ artists and at least 5 judges that isn't associated with the community at all (to take out the biased opinions).

And it's hard to measure how much work people put into their pieces by just looking at a piece of work as KamiKali had mentioned. ><

Congrats to the winners though!! <3 <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users