Permanent vault expansions. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Permanent vault expansions.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:33 AM

I think there should be permanent vault expansions available, for a much higher cost of course. Currently I'm pretty sure that many people aren't buying these items just because there's that time on them, even when they are quite cheap. 

A permanent normal vault expansion for say 5 or 10 times the price of a 30 days would probably sell well. In addition, they wouldn't make cheaper 30 day expansions useless, since you could still unlock it for a month, put items that you don't think you'll need for a while there, and take them out once you finally need them (you don't need an expansion for that).

All in all, I think it would be a win-win for both the producer and the players at least for normal and guild vaults. Account vault's maybe not so much, since I'm pretty sure those sell well when there's a way to gain something from them (events basically). Even in the case of those it would be nice though. I can't claim to know exactly how well vault expansions do sell. My estimation could be wrong, but I am quite confident in it.

Also, would be nice if all the expansions were in the inventory section of the IM shop, but looking at how messy it is in general, I guess there's a reason they aren't there.

Edited by Precrush, 02 January 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:34 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, but this probably won't happen. However I will bring your suggestion up to the team.

You know that what you put into the vault stays in the vault even though the expansion has expired.

#3 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

That's why I said, 30 day ones would still be used. I'm like 90% sure this would bring more revenue then the current way of only having 30 day ones.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:52 AM

That's why I said, 30 day ones would still be used. I'm like 90% sure this would bring more revenue then the current way of only having 30 day ones.

And if it's perma, if we would set the price to 10 times the 30 days one, after 10 months it's a a permanent loss for the company and I doubt that the producer would give his okay to this. 

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

But how many people have you sold 10x30 day extensions to? This ain't a simple matter, I can't claim to know this for sure, need to know the data to figure it out. But they have the numbers, should at least look into it. From my experience as a player I haven't ever known anyone that had vault extensions that I knew of (6 years of playing this game). 

EDIT: Most just make alts to store items on, I think at least some of those people would want to save that trouble by buying a permanent vault expansion. Also what is probably eating the sales is the fact that people don't know how the expansions work (the fact that you can take things out when it has expired), and this would bypass that problem as well. In theory once someone buys this for 10x the price after the 10 months warpportal will be losing money but the fact that more people would buy it should easily make up for that.

10 months is a very long time, if a player is committed enough to make a purchase with that long of a time to pay off I think you should let him. And they'll be more likely to play for a longer time after having bought it, which is also a + for you.

Some would buy multiple vaults, maybe 4 for their mains and one for a alt, that's 50x the money you'd have made from selling expansions. There ain't anyone buying expansions like that, but with permanent ones it seems very plausible,

Edited by Precrush, 02 January 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#6 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Unfortunately, I have bought those things since I use complete sets (OCD) and I carry around like 9+ different sets and of course can not be traded since it is soulbound. I haven't bought one in a while since no one is pvping me that often anymore.

#7 nullEssence

nullEssence

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

I'd never buy the limited time expansion, but would buy the perma one in an instant. I support this suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users