• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jova1106

Jova1106

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

If I place GUI elements (such as skill hotbar, or inventory) on a larger resolution, then change to a smaller resolution, most of the GUI elements that I've placed will not readjust. Instead, it seems that they will remember their old positions as if I were still on a larger resolution, and in some instances they will be drawn partly or entirely off-screen.

#2 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

Go into your Rose folder and delete Sevenhearts.ini, then restart the game.

This holds all of your settings information, but it will reset all windows and settings back to their original positions.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

Because pane positions are saved to an absolute[static] value and not a percentage. Genesis would have to confirm, he writes the GUI stuff. 

#4 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

I think the gui should reposition depending on what resolution you are using, instead of staying off screen like the issue right now.

Maybe it has to do with how the client uses the gui, and stores these variables. There could be a limitation to what can be modified, and how it can be changed and used.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

If my memory serves me correst, the positions are pulled from the XML, then saved in the client somewhere. The XML is an absolute position, so I'd wager the client is as well, meaning that you'd have to change how the XML & Client both save and access them. 

#6 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

Some GUI elements will retain their current, absolute positions when resizing the game client window.  I wouldn't say it's a bug necessarily, just a poor design choice by previous developers.  Improving it would be nice, but it wouldn't be a high priority right now.

For the time being, it is possible to reset the UI back to defaults by closing your game client, navigating to your ROSE program folder (e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/Gravity/Rose Online/), editing your SevenHearts.ini file and deleting the entire POSITION=... line from the [DIALOG] section.  The line should look similar to the following:

POSITION=00000000FC05720208007F010000DC005C021D019E0216015C0228019B0222010C0258035200E6005C05000000000000BE0...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users