January 7th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 7th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#26 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:45 PM

I like how Oda only replied to spotlight question and not the seal one. hint much ? if the seals are not reset this will confirm that GMs are supporting botting AND that they are nothing but bias to certain player groups. Anyways, good continuation on the server....

#27 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

^ oh god not this again  :p_sad:

@Oda @Campitor

Since the event woes are over, can you please PLEASE make an official announcement on the exact numbers of reductions in WoE? it'll clear things up not only to me, but to my guildmates and other players too.

Thanks!

#28 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

After talking to people in game and reading I have some questions:

Will anything be done to improve Classic's visibility?

If groups of players are leaving the game because of a belief in bias toward other groups, will the Community Manager be willing to mediate between the groups and resolve it?

If there aren't enough staff available to work on Classic Server, would a player based focus group be able to help provide content?

Could the Tiki Tuesday liveshow be made more friendly toward Classic Server?

After watching some video, some players believe that major changes to the game for the sake of the Classic Server's longevity should not be open to comments by the playerbase. There should be a pre-defined format for the submission of ideas.

A long list of points was posted in the Tiki Tuesday chat, is there any intention to address those?

#29 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

^ oh god not this again  :p_sad:

@Oda @Campitor

Since the event woes are over, can you please PLEASE make an official announcement on the exact numbers of reductions in WoE? it'll clear things up not only to me, but to my guildmates and other players too.

Thanks!

This ^

After talking to people in game and reading I have some questions:

Will anything be done to improve Classic's visibility?

If groups of players are leaving the game because of a belief in bias toward other groups, will the Community Manager be willing to mediate between the groups and resolve it?

If there aren't enough staff available to work on Classic Server, would a player based focus group be able to help provide content?

Could the Tiki Tuesday liveshow be made more friendly toward Classic Server?

After watching some video, some players believe that major changes to the game for the sake of the Classic Server's longevity should not be open to comments by the playerbase. There should be a pre-defined format for the submission of ideas.

A long list of points was posted in the Tiki Tuesday chat, is there any intention to address those?

We need a Website especific for Classic and then show how the server works like % Exp and Drop, Junaway, TI, Spotlight, Challenge Dungeon, WoE informations and anothers stuff.

Making this, will help to bring more new players.

BUT along with this, fix the problema we have... It does not help also bring new players and keep old problems ...

Example: A member found the server because he saw a topic in a Facebook Group and looking in google search dont have any site espefific talking about the server. Maybe with a website, the problem would not happened and maybe will not would lost new members

#30 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:20 AM

stuff

Update the godamn main page. Even free pservers have best pages. Use some of the huge money people spend every single month with WPE in advertising. Can't be that hard.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 06 January 2016 - 02:33 AM.

#31 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

But how will it be compensated? Will it be extra treasure box in the treasure room?

how have you gotten compensated in the past? probably the exact same way.

afaik the GMs literally break boxes for you and give you what drops come out of it. you can choose to have them gum for higher %; they'll remove a gum from your inventory accordingly.

#32 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

Update the godamn main page. Even free pservers have best pages. Use some of the huge money people spend every single month with WPE in advertising. Can't be that hard.

I think you confuse a few kids in a basement with a business, one has rules and constraints, the other can do w/e the hell they want.

#33 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

I think a lot of stuff too but I'd rather keep it to myself, especially now that im becoming familiar with how things are handled around here in some circunstances. What I said, if not necessarily in the most fancy way, sums up stuff that players have been saying for weeks, since i started browsing forums/ talking about the server in game. They probably said it before too.

How many players we lost in the past few weeks? How many could have been saved by doing these and other proposed changes? How many new players would have joined us? Either we fight against those constraints or we watch players slowly crawl towards the kid's business.

If there's absolutely no way, just save us the time and say so.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 06 January 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#34 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Have you considered that the absence of an answer is perhaps the answer isn't known or known at the time?  Advertising costs usually have royalty costs which eat revenue and aren't always profitable, its happened in the past with merchandise sites.  If you have an idea of places to advertise please speak up

#35 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

I don't, im sincerely not used to lack of answers.

While neither of us get paid to do that kind of work(I don't , at least), I'll actually try and ask around. I do know some kids that turned their basements into -_- castles. Maybe they have some profitable ideas that apply to classic. Should I learn something useful in this non waged quest, I'll be happy to let you or Oda know.
Spoiler

Peace

Edited by ShinRyoma, 06 January 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#36 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

sorry but everytime i see that profile pic i can't seem to take anything in your posts seriously :( i know u are tho

#37 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

Spoiler

You can thank me later. It won't help you take me seriously but it might help you focus your attention on something other than forums. :heh:

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Damage in WoE is reverted back to 50% for skills (tested with stone fling - 50dmg becomes 25)

RcDegwr.jpg

mtoqBPp.jpg

I didn't want to post this stuff before because simply put, it's "not my job". I was also very angry that the problems reported with the maint were disregarded. But that is in the past now, let's move forward.

The staff clearly need help communicating with the playerbase. I had thought this was something I could do as I do have some contact with them (see event running, stream contact, fungineer stuff); but as the community chose to be rude over access to extra information that the staff simply didn't have time to distribute out I got cranky.

Anyway the point is, I feel like that kind of information relay may need to be an official thing. I don't mind doing it so long as people aren't allowed to be jerks. Like... I do stuff. I work on fansites, I stream, I run events, I talk to the staff. Deal with that fact, don't use it as an excuse and if you care so much, do stuff too. Sorry if that sounds rude but I feel like the time for subtly has passed.

I honestly feel like there's too much for camp/oda to handle in terms of communication with (essentially 3 different) communities. So I'm just saying, let me help.

If campitor or oda said something to me and I pass it on, don't be jerks. Just be thankful you heard it.

Camp and oda, I really don't mind relaying information on a more consistent basis.

I've been doing it on and off for a while. Take the free help. You need it.

We need a more solid way of putting together issues to be addressed too. Stuff like challenge dungeon mvp drop rates, choc donut not working. This should be a report or a list somewhere.

There is a reason volunteers almost all end up getting mad and leaving/stopping helping. 1/3 of that reason is the staff, 1/3 is the community, the rest is personal issues.

And you know what, being on that list isn't exactly fun. It can be rewarding when you help people and you see things go well, but man the staff rail volunteers and helpers like you wouldn't believe. The expected standards are higher, but mysteriously undefined and confusing! There's all these accusations of favouritism or whatnot, but really, the lengths they go to in order to defend themselves against this really hurt the people who volunteer. Most people might not believe that, but it's true. And it leads to a lot of drama.

Edited by Xellie, 06 January 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#39 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:52 PM

I don't, im sincerely not used to lack of answers.

While neither of us get paid to do that kind of work(I don't , at least), I'll actually try and ask around. I do know some kids that turned their basements into -_- castles. Maybe they have some profitable ideas that apply to classic. Should I learn something useful in this non waged quest, I'll be happy to let you or Oda know.

Spoiler

Peace

because the people in charge wear suits and not jeans thats why

tbh advertising is done with game play not a well crafted wanted ad nobody pays attention to.  I would start by making the streaming incentives better, that would be a start.  Hell running around on reddit would work too

#40 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

Streaming incentives sound like a pretty good idea actually. Xellie brings new players to try classic pretty regularly through her stream, if we had even more prominent RO players doing so that might amplify that effect.

I wish I could stream but I play RO on a potato :(

I think it might be true that "traditional" advertising for an old game like ragnarok might not produce ideal results, but advertising by putting on display gameplay of the parts of this game that really make it unique and exciting (like woe and mvps) could prolly do more. Getting the game out there via streaming also brings back players with experience with RO who currently don't play but might be tempted after being reminded of the existence of RO and classic.

Inb4 most players can't/won't stream because it'd show things that would get them banned lool.

Also also though, advertising to bring players doesn't do much if the server is a mess and they don't want to stay... AS IN GET YO -_- TOGETHER PLEASE see: cheating, woe changes, god creation changes, pvm changes, staff communication and consistency issues, etc.

Edited by rojoky113, 06 January 2016 - 05:14 PM.

#41 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

I actually kind of like the current www.playragnarok.com main page as it is.

But whenever I see anything about Janeway upgrades, I keep my eyes peeled. So long as its nothing too over powered, I think buffing Classic PVM and/or questing choices almost always sounds like a good idea in my book.

Also to keep trying to get the bugs out of no consumables PVP.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 06 January 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#42 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

a few new issues came up well helping some players this week:

Luti town fld map: looks like a sort of pvp is enabled on the map. blue dash circles under my party members. odd.

Cursed Helm: stats on this helm were not being applied but the hide worked.(i was told by a player, have not tested myself)

Pets: some pets still dont give the intended buffs

Choco Doughnut: still not working as intended (hp not increased)

Delivery Quests : what are these? i seem to ask this every time we get a new quest, lol. what is it, what are the rewards, where do i start it, ect. (posting a lil pic of the npc to start a quest when its put in would help ppl like me sooooooo much.

January Box Items : would love to invest in evil marching hats, headphones, deviling hats, gangster scarf, 3d glasses, and gum gum gum gum gum. (also posted on correct thread)

Challenge Dungeon : did we get the lowered hp in there? are the difficulty vs drop rates on rare subject auras all proper? i know when we were discussing it originally camp, i think it was, suggested that it would either be higher drop rate but only drop one, or, low drop rate and drop for the entire party. as it is now it drops lower than card rate and only one (have not confirmed because i dont think anyone has gotten one yet)

Orc Hero Instance: looking for info on this. in particular what are the stats of the orc hero this instance spawns? and can it drop the OH card?

Spotlight:lhz or rachel pls :)

Life: i would like mine back at some point. but there's too much to work on here in rune-midgard!

Looks like the item scripting needs to get checked on. Is the Lutie map issue still ongoing? I went down there (not in a party) and didn't see the PVP circles. 

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

it's the oddly flagged psuedo PVP maps that disable tokens and stuff from before.

It's only on MVP field maps and it's not really PVP.

If you change them you'll need to enable bloody branches on other maps.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

Also made this pretty list for future reference.

God Item/Rental God Item/MiniBoss(relevant ones)/MVP card IDs for future pvp/WoE stuff

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#45 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

Xellie, the damage for woe had been reverted to pre-event eventho maintenance is tomorrow?

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

Yes, I tested it after last maint.

#47 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

Seal counters should probably be reset..is anyone strongly against this?  Although, a quadruple god item creation would be interesting.  Maybe it's a good time for an econ reset too; it has been almost a month since anyone has invested (don't kill me pls).

#48 syamsul1204

syamsul1204

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

Can spotlight on juperos?
No one people try turn in there..
And also good for farming steel too..

#49 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

oh! how about a new year raffle  :rice: perhaps with slotted ele armors as low chance items?

+1

Spotlight: wasn't Lhz spotlight like 3 months ago?, what about Juno? Magma dungeon is really good at spotlight,  actually the staff could consider making the Ti at magma goes till 99, and increase the XP from it. 

#50 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:02 AM

I dont know how this will works (If have any people available or some publicity tax)  but we need a website just for classic.

It will be a good start to announce the server...

i and some members always announce in facebook groups and sometimes we can bring a new players.

And i will talk about this again, we need fix a lot of stuffs in classic to keep this new players. Without that, It will only create a bad name to server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users