Mora-Style Gears for Other Jobs - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mora-Style Gears for Other Jobs

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

Performer Sets

Vociferous Set
The goal of the Vociferous set is the increase the damage of metallic sound to a bit over 3x what it currently does, without the prohibitive SP cost and delay. This will make it quite useful in PVM, one-shotting monsters about as strong s nightmare clocktower, without a long delay. Additionally, it makes Reverberation viable, increasing its damage to about 3x what it was as well, so that 2-3 notes can kill a NCT monster. Reverb shines when in magic strings, where it can be spammed at Aspd, which is why the garment takes care to not make you regret losing FAW or HBP too much. Care was made that the shoes are actually inferior to enhanced variants, and that the sound amp[1] isn't obsolete, since this one doesn't have a slot or the cast time reduction.

Spoiler

Inspiration Set
The goal of the Inspiration set is to make a support performer easier to play. Support performers are boring enough, so making them easier to gear up for harder dungeons should be less of a roadblock to making one. The set focuses on increasing HP/SP by a suitable amount, and reducing damage from all races by 15%. Since the garment cannot be slotted, like the other mora gears, losing access to a raydric card would be counter-productive to this set, so a built in neutral resistance is present. Care was made to ensure this garment is not actually superior to a carded HBP or FAW.

Spoiler

Shadow Chaser Sets

Locksley Set
The Locksley set focuses on turning your roguish character into the robin hood sort of rogue-- an expert archer. Increases to ranged damage are present here, for use with copied ranged skills (severe rainstorm, arrow storm) as well as some of the shadow chaser's own ranged attacks, like triangle shot and double strafe.

Spoiler

Kagerou/Oboro Sets

Saboteur Set
The Saboteur set focuses on improving auto-attack ninjas. They have the ability to dual wield and pump up their melee attack, but it falls just short of useful for actually auto-atacking stuff. This set focuses on increasing melee damage when using basic attacks, and the flee rate to allow you to stay in close quarters.

Spoiler

Mechanic Sets

Rugged Set
The Rugged set focuses on improving axe mechanic and mechanics who invested in forge abilities.

Spoiler

Sorcerer Sets

Elemental Wield Set
A set of equipment focused on improving manually casted "bolt" spells.

Spoiler

More to come if people like reading this!

Edited by Kaddy!, 28 January 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:02 AM

interesting! this gives me some idea on sorcerer

#3 5749140410070055953

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationQQ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:45 AM

As far as I know, the mechanic class which is a 3-1 doesn't have their own Mora gear too :v

#4 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

As far as I know, the mechanic class which is a 3-1 doesn't have their own Mora gear too :v

and that's why kaddy didnt mention about making a genetic's :v

#5 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

Of course Kaddy starts with Performers  :p_laugh:

Me liking, let's see how the rest turn out.

#6 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

nice idea >:

#7 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

Like it. You didnt put Armor Def status there tho :3

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:56 AM

Like it. You didnt put Armor Def status there tho :3

There you go :3

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

Added in a set for shadow chaser and 2nd job of ninja

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

Added a set for mechanics

#11 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

Totally yes for both Shadow Chaser and Mechanic (even though the Verus Update already buffed Mechanic, but totally worth it!)

+1000 :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

Totally yes for both Shadow Chaser and Mechanic (even though the Verus Update already buffed Mechanic, but totally worth it!)

+1000 :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

The verus stuff is for mado mostly though

#13 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

I know :P  But seriously, I love this idea especially for Shadow Chaser :thumb2:  :thumb2:  :thumb2:  Would you mind making sets for physical attack part? Not ASS skill but reproduced skill like IB. I'm seeking for melee build type :p_love:

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:11 AM

You're less likely to use cicada if you're auto melee as kagerou/oboro. Since it breaks the auto and might end up luring more monster. DD MVPing only works on weaker MVP due to lack of skill like EDP as well.  Instead of giving same set for oboro/kagerou, it'd be better to give seperated set since oboro have self buff that surpasses kagerou anyday. 

Edited by CharAznable, 19 January 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:33 AM

sorcerer should promote the use of fire walk, electric walk, poison buster and elemental spritis since sorc's repertoire magic cycle is already OP enough, or to buff support sorcs like a set that gives mistress card effect.
shadow chaser mora gears i think good to promote skills like feint bomb and reduce sp consumption of copied skills by 25%.
overall love these ideas. i always like the idea of buffing classes that treated like a foster child.

Edited by fuyukikun, 19 January 2016 - 05:35 AM.

#16 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

You're less likely to use cicada if you're auto melee as kagerou/oboro. Since it breaks the auto and might end up luring more monster. DD MVPing only works on weaker MVP due to lack of skill like EDP as well.  Instead of giving same set for oboro/kagerou, it'd be better to give seperated set since oboro have self buff that surpasses kagerou anyday. 

1. it seems like a strategy thing to me, you just need to be careful with CSS. Also with Bryn or similar card/effect you can prevent the movement.  Besides, you only need it for the first few hits, and the other buffs last for several minutes otherwise.

2. Well, that's why they can do earth charm + power thrust + double attacks that don't miss on MVP with this set. It won't be equal or superior to GX but its an expanded job its not supposed to be. Its just to make it go from un-viable to viable on some of the harder MVPs than they can currently do.

3. You want two sets just so the oboro one can be slightly weaker than the kagerou one ?

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:39 AM

sorcerer should promote the use of fire walk, electric walk, poison buster and elemental spritis since sorc's repertoire magic cycle is already OP enough, or to buff support sorcs like a set that gives mistress card effect.
shadow chaser mora gears i think good to promote skills like feint bomb and reduce sp consumption of copied skills by 25%.
overall love these ideas. i always like the idea of buffing classes that treated like a foster child.

I was thinking of trying to bring back manual double bolting actually xP

But electric/fire walks and poison buster are options.

Second shadow chaser set will probably promote feint bomb.

#18 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:02 AM

poison was supposed to be GX's forte tho, not sorc's but yeah

walks are awesome if it could be made viable, giving another unique play style

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:08 AM

Sorc set in

#20 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:14 AM

+1 for promoting the use of tera. but i doubt it'll actually motivate people to use it tho :y

#21 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

Kagerou is more PvP focused while Oboro is more focused on PvM due to its difference in skilll. It would've been interesting to see two different set specializing different criteria. 

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Kagerou is more PvP focused while Oboro is more focused on PvM due to its difference in skilll. It would've been interesting to see two different set specializing different criteria.

The gear should buff something the character needs to make pvm or mvp viable on a lower budget (ex: affection set) or with a skill that's not good enough on its own (ex: judgment set).

Since pvp is out of scope, balancing Kag vs. oboro isn't likely.

Instead something they both can't do viable enough - dual weild basic attacks.

If you have a suggestion on what the minor differences woud be if this was two similar but different sets you can post those here :)

+1 for promoting the use of tera. but i doubt it'll actually motivate people to use it tho :y

What would it take?

Edited by Kaddy!, 19 January 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#23 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

The gear should buff something the character needs to make pvm or mvp viable on a lower budget (ex: affection set) or with a skill that's not good enough on its own (ex: judgment set).

Since pvp is out of scope, balancing Kag vs. oboro isn't likely.

Instead something they both can't do viable enough - dual weild basic attacks.

If you have a suggestion on what the minor differences woud be if this was two similar but different sets you can post those here :)

Best way to balance both party would be give them some kind of class specific Auto Casting. Ex) Set option that enables Oboro to Auto Cast Blazing Shield or Exploding Dragon. Ex2) Set option that enables Kagerou to Auto Cast Kunai Splash

It could also be single target oriented{Ex3) Flaming Petal for Oboro, Throw Kunai(with higher proc) for Kagerou}. Keep that in mind that Kagerou have its own buff to enable Double Attack while Oboro have its own buff to increase its MATK or ATK. It would be nice to differentiate both party's perk within set. 

#24 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

What would it take?

haha to be honest i dont know. tera is so useless by default.

just my two cents, maybe since tera's naturally born to tank, maybe work something around that? since elemental shield costs a spirit, making tera immune might encourage people to use tera in order to drop elemental shields more often instead of safety wall/blinding mists. but then again with no cast time, cool down or cast delay, it seems that elemental shield would be too OP (well, at the cost of taking 4 slots of gears).

also, how about a slotted garment instead of boots?

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

also, how about a slotted garment instead of boots?

just following the pattern of the mora gears here. slotted garments are more useful than slotted boots, so I don't wanna mess w/ that dynamic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users