• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

600x600_REQ-FacebookAnnouncment-e1452633

Hello everyone, 

This has been an issue a long time in the making.   As many of you already know, Nova has been hanging out by itself for awhile, but the time has come to discuss a server merge.   Now before things get out of hand I do want to say this, players moving to Trifri will not be forced to take part in PVP.  We are looking into options to make it so that they will not be flagged.  This isn't a matter of can we do it, it's just a matter of what is the best possible option for this.  So if you are a member of the Nova server and don't like PVP, don't worry we got you. 

There are a lot more issues to discuss on the matter, but hey that's why we have this thread.  

The first and foremost being Duplicated Characters.   We cannot at this time transfer over characters that were duplicated from Trifri to Nova, then duplicate them back.  This will cause too many issues, however an alternative is something to keep in mind.   

If anyone has any ideas on the matter we would really like your feedback.   

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas

#2 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

For PK problem...bring back PK protections wouldn't be enough?

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Or event better...completely rework PK system! Make it so cool that even nova players will like it! (PK it's part of the game anyway...). Make it Race based, for example, if a bartuk kill a bartuk get - tendency, if he kills a xenoa get good tendency, make the guards in towns attack red players, add PK points, add PK safe areas (towns and some other), make players unable to attack a player more than 10 levels lower...I'm sure if PK system would be reworked, everyone would be able to enjoy.

Edited by Kazara, 12 January 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#4 lordnelson

lordnelson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hum.. uhh as for the character issue, i was thinking of something along the lines of simply transfering their levels,~ such that my level 86 assassin instead transfers over and i make.. idk.. a level 86 commander, or tempest or only a certain amount of characters, say 2 or 3..or maybe something to solve a level~gearing problem -- oh and as for the "duplicate" trifri-nova character issue

perhaps just simply wipe the Trfri characters and replace them with the transfered nova, but again, not a whole account, maybe 2 or 3? :o

Edited by lordnelson, 12 January 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#5 ZatoYo

ZatoYo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

FOR -_- SAKE! PK isnt that scare ...i say trifri u think PK. NO! i can stand all day in middle of alban and noone even touch me...if u into pk then ok.if not is ok too.

About server transfer , for those who willing to move get their chars to trifri ,and if nesesary delete their dupes left on nova,imo this not a bad idea.

but im glad u guyz take care of this.

#6 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Since you can't transfer characters this is my suggestion.Create new chars of the same level of Nova ones that must be transfered ("template" characters) based to level they will get basic rewards.

EXAMPLE :

A player level 90 will have in his new trifri char full NM/Terror MG set (both) +0, MDC weapons +0, a fluid +0, some lant coupons, other various items, 3 MONTHs premium, and try to refund all the item malls too. You know, like 69 box...but it will be based on char level.

Edited by Kazara, 12 January 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#7 CurseWarlock

CurseWarlock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:10 PM

Bring a new NPC, that change the current pk status of every char
For example those who want to be PK PLAYERS shoud active the pk by bring the NPC located at the current safe maps like Nova Lux and all turba island
then u talk with the npc and turn ON PK MODE or TURN OFF PK MODE. just put this npc on those safe zones to prevent bugs and safe killing/scoring. like the old one pk item seller.
Its a easy way to do it.
but hey! i have same name/class chars on NOVA so i really wanted to umh i dont know move just 1 or 2 of them instead of all chars

#8 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

Btw, nova players are all welcome in my guild :D

#9 ZatoYo

ZatoYo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

NPC that will change player status to PK/non PK sounds ok(but i already know they add somekind item Mall to do this..anyway)

#10 andresito195

andresito195

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Or event better...completely rework PK system! Make it so cool that even nova players will like it! (PK it's part of the game anyway...). Make it Race based, for example, if a bartuk kill a bartuk get - tendency, if he kills a xenoa get good tendency, make the guards in towns attack red players, add PK points, add PK safe areas (towns and some other), make players unable to attack a player more than 10 levels lower...I'm sure if PK system would be reworked, everyone would be able to enjoy.

i like your idea bro . you staff need think these opcions and make Requiem better to more ppl want to play and enjoy this game . Need focus on requiem because ppl spend money in this game so  you earn . 

#11 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

good ideas. hard to make ?

For example those who want to be PK PLAYERS shoud active the pk by bring the NPC located at the current safe maps like Nova Lux and all turba island
then u talk with the npc and turn ON PK MODE or TURN OFF PK MODE. just put this npc on those safe zones to prevent bugs and safe killing/scoring. like the old one pk item seller.
Its a easy way to do it.
but hey! i have same name/class chars on NOVA so i really wanted to umh i dont know move just 1 or 2 of them instead of all chars

possible , i suppose.

can't think about anything fair for each sides about duplicated toons/gears back on trifri. But probably because i don't really care. the ones who are OP geared will stay so anyway , the others with average gears will not see it like a big boost on an other hand. So : whatever.

#12 jebac098

jebac098

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

What if you make a copy from trifri to nova amd start play on nova server make so many new things(armor,wep,regals bla blba)all that will be gone?lol im sure some of the nova ppl will not like it but oke....anyway im on trifri without copy of my char so w.e xDD,willbe fun to see how you gonna deal with copy toons.

#13 XtydusX

XtydusX

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

If merge, nova serve will be closed?
Some nova players dont wanna go to triffi, make a votation for this.

#14 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

What votation, nova will merge with trifri, deal with it. The game will have various benefits from it, I don't think is a good idea to keep a server for few players...

#15 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

yeah. SvS battles were not working and lead to useless rewards anyway. So why two servers ? :p_devil: :heh:

pffff. lmfao.

#16 CurseWarlock

CurseWarlock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

What if you make a copy from trifri to nova amd start play on nova server make so many new things(armor,wep,regals bla blba)all that will be gone?lol im sure some of the nova ppl will not like it but oke....anyway im on trifri without copy of my char so w.e xDD,willbe fun to see how you gonna deal with copy toons.

lol easy xD

#17 XtydusX

XtydusX

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

I dont see any Benefits, yeah nova have low players because newbies start whitout help, só all go to trifi.
But still hava old player that dont like PvP, and dont want go to triffi and get crash every 5 min because réquiem no suporte a Space full player.
And yes, need votation.

#18 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

I dont see any Benefits, yeah nova have low players because newbies start whitout help, só all go to trifi.
But still hava old player that dont like PvP, and dont want go to triffi and get crash every 5 min because réquiem no suporte a Space full player.
And yes, need votation.

Hi,

Just to be clear, one of the things that will happen is that if you were on the Non - PVP server, you will be flagged as Non - PVP.  Essentially nothing will change other than seeing a lot more new faces.  

#19 CurseWarlock

CurseWarlock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

600x600_REQ-FacebookAnnouncment-e1452633

Hello everyone, 

This has been an issue a long time in the making.   As many of you already know, Nova has been hanging out by itself for awhile, but the time has come to discuss a server merge.   Now before things get out of hand I do want to say this, players moving to Trifri will not be forced to take part in PVP.  We are looking into options to make it so that they will not be flagged.  This isn't a matter of can we do it, it's just a matter of what is the best possible option for this.  So if you are a member of the Nova server and don't like PVP, don't worry we got you. 

There are a lot more issues to discuss on the matter, but hey that's why we have this thread.  

The first and foremost being Duplicated Characters.   We cannot at this time transfer over characters that were duplicated from Trifri to Nova, then duplicate them back.  This will cause too many issues, however an alternative is something to keep in mind.   

If anyone has any ideas on the matter we would really like your feedback.   

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas

what do u mean duplicated? u mean Chars name? why u dont give a free char name for everyone who is transfered and add a NOVA at the start then they could change all the names

#20 HellMark

HellMark

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Its a easy way to do it.

I vote for this.

Edited by HellMark, 12 January 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#21 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

duplicate characters isnt really a big problem, but duplicate items. duplicate items from trifri were roaming around nova now...ofc you cant just delete these items if we bought it legit.nova has suffered enough since FB era. Pls dont make us suffer again..enough is enough..if you want merge then go but dont ever touch our hard earned items because basically you cant find anything useful in our AH. we have to raid or farm grueling hours just to have enough lant or items to trade for these duplicate items..

#22 crkiller

crkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

people spaming pk protection in pvp? No thanks, please just make another way !!!

just make some skill that you cannot desactive if you are in attack mod ( Flagged ) 

#23 lordnelson

lordnelson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

whats the ETA on  the server merge ???

?

#24 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

we need to know what will happen to Battlefield points we farmed this last event and honors points...

Edited by sleepyTown, 12 January 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#25 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

Pertaining to the items from the Trifri clones. The issue I see is with folks who then create a brand spanking new toon on Nova on a new acct. could then transfer the cloned enchant/stackable/consumable things to this new toon and viola now they get cloned characters items back to trifri on those newly created and transferred nova toons.

If i read Varitas post correctly, this is a problem is it not? As it appears to skirt around duplicating any characters.

Tl;dr   Cloned Trifri toon + new toon/acct on nova + dump cloned items onto this new acct = profit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users