175 replies to this topic

#51 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

Duped items are actually a simple fix for any decent programmer. Just run a script to change Item instance ID if it already exists. The problem is a lack of a decent programmer which resulted in the duped characters in the first place in addition to the many other errors made since Gravity LLC took over.

This!

The same would be for a server transfer... just change the server ID... or if the devs is not able... copy the char, but then delete from the original server.

But have you ever considered the problem was something that Gravity wanted? Try to imagine... duped items are good items (like hearts, armor,...) and at the time of the cloning, it wasn't so easy to get items + 30 without mall... so if you look at Gravity side: hey let's give players some good items for free, so then they will reinforce (and pay for them) and maybe they will play on both servers (so they will spend double money). Can we really consider it a mistake from devs? Or just a greedy action?

#52 FireBee

FireBee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:05 AM

Deja vu all over again.

Stop this craziness and do something constructive with the game.

#53 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

Deja vu all over again.

Stop this craziness and do something constructive with the game.

Nova needs to be merged with Trifri

Ppl in Nova can barely do an Altar raid because of lack of players. Not to mention the Tower...

#54 ZatoYo

ZatoYo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

Just log -in  to Nova check AH and then compare it with trifri...

Also duped items ? what duped items do my items are somewhat illegal obtained? i farmed  my gears ,spend my time  same as trifri players why people cry about duped gears?i have 1 YES 1 character on nova i will have 0 profits from server merge...

Nova has 0 economy ,0 raid activity 0 decent gears on AH its just -_- hole,empty hole.

#55 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:37 AM

Or event better...completely rework PK system! Make it so cool that even nova players will like it! (PK it's part of the game anyway...). Make it Race based, for example, if a bartuk kill a bartuk get - tendency, if he kills a xenoa get good tendency, make the guards in towns attack red players, add PK points, add PK safe areas (towns and some other), make players unable to attack a player more than 10 levels lower...I'm sure if PK system would be reworked, everyone would be able to enjoy.

All good ideas.. Meaning it will NEVER happen....

#56 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

As far as characters..... Do it the same way you did it when you merged Lintra to Valdez.... You have 8 slots. Might have to Delete some toons so the Nova ones will fit. Lintra had to do it that way.

#57 XtydusX

XtydusX

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

What advantage will have if merge? Less work to GM maint? Will be reduce crash? Will fix bugs? Will have a greater problem about duplicat itens, yes i know this can be fixed, but all know that need time (só much) for resolve anyting im req.
Nova have playes, we make all raids, except altar..
I think fix bug and class balance is more importante thab this.

#58 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:16 AM

What advantage will have if merge? Less work to GM maint? Will be reduce crash? Will fix bugs? Will have a greater problem about duplicat itens, yes i know this can be fixed, but all know that need time (só much) for resolve anyting im req.
Nova have playes, we make all raids, except altar..
I think fix bug and class balance is more importante thab this.

Merge = 1 server, half costs for Gravity. (so maybe they can hire 1 more dev)

#59 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

Nova doesn't have players or raids. Last et was during Halloween event.
Last aos was never.
Most of the farming for mdc and trh is done by multis.
Just look at the ah. That tells the whole story about your raid nonsense.
The only people against merger are clueless people who like to play by themselves and of course kenkayo. But that's cuz he's mad he already sold his Nova gear and won't have 6 sets on trifri.
Oh well.
Hooray merger. Can't wait for donaldtrump to be on trifri. As well as Hillary and Osama I mean obama

#60 ZatoYo

ZatoYo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

Jeez i hope  staff dont be listening thsese copule people that are against merge...

But if u plan to keep both servers ,then give players choice where they want to bee.

#61 ase4kina

ase4kina

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

Guys, how do you know about zero raid activity on Nova? We farmed MDC and TRH almost every day during xmas event. We have at least two active guilds on the server with active players. So, do not deceive other people about a situation.

#62 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

There is nothing to decide as far as I know, nova will merge with trifri, so please stay on topic and give ideas on the PK/Character issues.

#63 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

Jeez i hope  staff dont be listening thsese copule people that are against merge...

But if u plan to keep both servers ,then give players choice where they want to bee.

Actually the merge is 100% happening. But the PK issue must be solved first.

I am against PK as well, not really a pvp person myself. But with this it will be more easy to focus on game (as server problems and so on..) with only one Server, with short in Staff in my opinion. 

Plus that's why there is this topic here, to see what can be the best way to fix PK for NOVA players, so if they do not want to be involved in PK when the merge will happen, they will not be. Nothing to cry about. 

Edited by VModBlueberry, 15 January 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#64 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

Guys, how do you know about zero raid activity on Nova? We farmed MDC and TRH almost every day during xmas event. We have at least two active guilds on the server with active players. So, do not deceive other people about a situation.

there is 1 semi active guild

and thats only because don jose has 40 alts.

how do i know zero activity? check the AH. its empty. no need to BS about high activity

yes mdc and trh ALMOST everyday. considering that most players are poorly geared, it should have been DAILY.

and thats during XMAS event, which is considered INFLATED population.

REAL population is 10 people on a day. with 0 raids.

#65 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

Nova needs to be merged with Trifri

Ppl in Nova can barely do an Altar raid because of lack of players. Not to mention the Tower...

that's not a proof. the main reason why Altar is not done is probably the same than on trifri :

- long.

- need "not dumb" players.

- poor drops , with only weapons that have been turned BS by a mythic dragon easier to raid and back during a long enough time again lately.

And honestly : Tower suffer almost from the same problem. you add a very easy leveling and make the recipe : "why would a player go lose his precious time in theses forgotten jokes ?"

sorry for my english , had a crazy day , tired.

Edited by ARKILIUS, 15 January 2016 - 01:02 PM.

#66 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

Nvm lol

EDIT : We need a new dungeon with a BIG ARKILIUS, with ark hp x1000 and dmg x10 that gives block regals ._.

Edited by Kazara, 15 January 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#67 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

I am against PK as well, not really a pvp person myself. But with this it will be more easy to focus on game (as server problems and so on..) with only one Server, with short in Staff in my opinion. 

Plus that's why there is this topic here, to see what can be the best way to fix PK for NOVA players, so if they do not want to be involved in PK when the merge will happen, they will not be. Nothing to cry about. 

Blue...

the full pk system is TOTALLY broken. I am not a pvp'holic like some for sure , even more theses last years for reasons already to often exposed , but back then i really HAD fun and LIKED pvp.

But it's nonsense : cheaters gathering crazy gears and enchants in no time due to broken balance that allow players to solo raid , speed hacking for scad and cad xeons , making their toons even stronger for raiding solo even more faster and easier etc etc. quadri loggin for more quests rewards like frozen and shards in almost the same duration.

turning some toons in "total God mode feeding E-peen".

You SACRIFICE the best end game part of Req to theses guys. Whatever some of us or some Nova players could really enjoy pvp in fact it won't happen just because of that STUPID situation that gravity let happen... :p_sick:

#68 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:10 PM

Nvm lol

EDIT : We need a new dungeon with a BIG ARKILIUS, with ark hp x1000 and dmg x10 that gives block regals ._.

lol Kaz. No you would take to many time to easy solo it  :no1:

#69 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

Nvm lol

Haha damage ×10? Soo 0 damage?
Cuz he's a prot get it?
And 0 dmg times 10 is still 0

#70 DarkRhythms

DarkRhythms

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

There must NEVER EVER again be any kind of PK protection on the PK server ! Its a total contradiction !! Causes more frustration than it solves !!!

#71 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

There must NEVER EVER again be any kind of PK protection on the PK server ! Its a total contradiction !! Causes more frustration than it solves !!!

If they merge it won't be a PK server, it will be a server where you can choose... and if you remember, at the merge time it was a non PK server.

#72 FireBee

FireBee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

All people on one server makes sense but the choice should be there to participate in PK or not, the people who are interested in PK will still do their thing and the PVE guys will do theirs.

It will only affect the limited few people who troll players for cheap kills.

#73 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Do you mean you have already solved the duped itens issue? What are you guys doing about it?

We are not worried about PK, screw this, just make a rule where you cannot attack someone below your own level and give a daily pk protection for lowbies so they can use it or leave it in their banks whenever they feel like killing another low level players. Or just leave it as it is. We dont really care.

Those worried about pk are just macroers/botters, they dont want ppl to hunt down their alts on auto farm mode.

#74 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

Do you mean you have already solved the duped itens issue? What are you guys doing about it?

We are not worried about PK, screw this, just make a rule where you cannot attack someone below your own level and give a daily pk protection for lowbies so they can use it or leave it in their banks whenever they feel like killing another low level players. Or just leave it as it is. We dont really care.

Those worried about pk are just macroers/botters, they dont want ppl to hunt down their alts on auto farm mode.

You should talk just for you not for "we". If someone choose a non-PK server is just because he doesn't like PK (considering also how broken it is in this game).

Do you remember when we were all on the same server, and people killing people in party (while preparing party for raids) and you were kicked by party when killed? Did you like it? Or did you ever tried?

PK is just for those who wants to show their epeen. You solution will result in kicking out all the PVE players (in this way it would be much easier to turn off Nova server.. because just few players from Nova (you and ???) would like to be on PK server.

#75 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:45 AM

so there's hope I can finally get my Domi from Nova to Trifri ? About time :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users