January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 15 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#351 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

very little punishment if any for doing something that can get you a little boost so probably wont get cut out until someone gets on that

Edited by needmorezleep, 20 January 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#352 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

Yes "we" can, the scrubs and pretender part of the community who cheats can cut it out, nobody forces cheating by holding a gun to their head. 

We cant hold: www.google.com

If iRO dont use any kind of anti-cheat like Game Guard, this stuffs will never end.

I talk with my members constantly do not use Bot, WPE, Auto Pot, No delay.

Edited by Xandyzor, 20 January 2016 - 07:16 AM.

#353 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:18 AM

game guard doesn't do anything. ask pRO.

#354 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:26 AM

We cant hold: www.google.com

If iRO dont use any kind of anti-cheat like Game Guard, this stuffs will never end.

I talk with my members constantly do not use Bot, WPE, Auto Pot, No delay.

You will never know 100% if they aren't, lets just put it out there.  Game guard dis-proportionally affects legit people more than illegit. 

Boting is a much easier task when compared to auto pot, but there are ways of pulling the sheet off those who are.  No delay for certain skills are as well.

#355 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:38 AM

You will never know 100% if they aren't, lets just put it out there.  Game guard dis-proportionally affects legit people more than illegit. 

Boting is a much easier task when compared to auto pot, but there are ways of pulling the sheet off those who are.  No delay for certain skills are as well.

Maybe yes, i will never know if they are using or not but i talk with them like a hell.

The only way i see to resolve this situation is the players create conscience that cheats more hinders than help.

#356 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

Or for the staff and company to actually do something about it and have there be real consequences... seems to me even when presented with information and methods they'd rather not. Still seeing tons of people AP and even occasionally throwing out a very suspicious amount of skills in a short time. And only god knows how much stuff off the dupe site, since nothing seems to be done unless someone tickets in for their own items.

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#357 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

The bigger facepalm is those who are cheating and post here pretending to be outraged about cheating

#358 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Welp, 10 years of inaction will cull a lot of honest players, and honesty out of players.

Not a surprise so much of this community has become a cesspool of two-faced cheating.

#359 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

The bigger facepalm is those who are cheating and post here pretending to be outraged about cheating

Pretty much. There's also a problem of people seeing cheats everywhere and pointing fingers at innocent people. Between the two of these it keeps stirring the pot and the community will never really get much of anything done together because they're busy fighting with each other about who's cheating.

#360 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

If it wasn't so prevalent and easy to do, there wouldn't be so much suspicion everywhere. When your paranoia is often right, it breeds even more paranoia. If you want someone to blame for there being so much scrutiny of who is cheating, blame the tons of people trying to get away with cheating.

I will also say that a lot of people who think they are being slick and getting away with it unnoticed really aren't. I'm looking forward to the day they wake up to a rude surprise.

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#361 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Pretty much. There's also a problem of people seeing cheats everywhere and pointing fingers at innocent people. Between the two of these it keeps stirring the pot and the community will never really get much of anything done together because they're busy fighting with each other about who's cheating.

I have no dog in this fight but I'd like to see Classic survive this cancer, but to be honest the solution won't come from the staff and thats not to pick a bone with them.  It requires the GMs to be far closer to WoE than they are probably allowed.  There is also the point that they can't tell who is accusing who and if there isn't an agenda behind it which has honestly cause a huge paralysis on any action.

Autopot and NDL are complex issues and do require lots of study time, knowing cast times, knowing what buffs and debuffs were around or on at the time, even more specific what the ms delays are in the sprite animation files, the difference between a sprite animation interrupt, etc.  

Recognizing an AI potting for you vs someone using a macro is also a skill that has to be learned and understood and then you must combine all that to read a log file for such things and examine video tape.   Lets be perfectly blunt, if they turned all their attention to all that, you'd get no updates or anything and to be even more wtf blunt...thats a community generated problem, all the blame can't be on the staff.  That being said not all the blame can be placed on the community either for 3% problem.

Yes people are getting away with it, but don't think evidence of it doesn't exist.

Edited by Inubashiri, 20 January 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#362 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

I'm disappointed in how prevalent the cheating is by the people that have the ability to make a real difference. It's not really about "winning" or "losing" it's about presenting a fair playing field and making the game one that people want to play. When people are blatantly getting away with and defend or are public figures, it harms the game more than anything.

Okay, so people say that about me regarding emblem swapping. For real that is something that everyone has the ability to do (and is banned based on a renewal abuse).

I like to think Homax is saying the things he is saying to reach those closest to him and most guilty. "Naughty naughty" comes to mind.

If everyone who wants the game to be fair stopped defending the cheats/using them and spoke up about how widespread they are things would change REAL fast. Cuz there's very few of us that know exactly how deep this goes.

So I'm gonna go permaban someone from my guild because I caught them APing last WoE and I'll have to keep doing that until enough voices make the GMs act.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#363 Guyak

Guyak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

game guard doesn't do anything. ask
pRO.

On pRO, if you used an edited/hexed client you'd be disconnected once you enter WoE castles. This didn't happen instantly though the disconnect happened like a minute or so after the player enters the castle.

Gameguard didn't do anything to eliminate bots that's for sure.

Edit: honestly, not counting botters and the corrupt management, pRO was way better than iRO. We never had to deal with players using ndl, autopot, mp hacks, etc. in WoE. The main issues on pRO were botters, RMTers, GMs who sold high tier gears for real $$.

Edited by Guyak, 21 January 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#364 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:44 AM

wait so you think GM corruption isn't worse than things like autopot?

#365 Guyak

Guyak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

wait so you think GM corruption isn't worse than things like autopot?

"not counting botters and the corrupt management" meaning if those two things were disregarded or if those issues didnt exist on pRO then pRO >>>>> iRO

Edited by Guyak, 22 January 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#366 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

On pRO, if you used an edited/hexed client you'd be disconnected once you enter WoE castles. This didn't happen instantly though the disconnect happened like a minute or so after the player enters the castle.

Gameguard didn't do anything to eliminate bots that's for sure.

Edit: honestly, not counting botters and the corrupt management, pRO was way better than iRO. We never had to deal with players using ndl, autopot, mp hacks, etc. in WoE. The main issues on pRO were botters, RMTers, GMs who sold high tier gears for real $$.

That seems upside down O.o

#367 Guyak

Guyak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

That seems upside down O.o

It is what it is. Cheating in WoE through illegal client edits and 3pps wasn't a huge issue on pRO, if at all, which a lot of iRO players seem to think. Edited clients were blocked in WoE maps although this was around 2012/13, idk if this was bypassed in 2014 onwards. In any case "cheating" in WoE was more in the form of GMs selling [2] armors for $$$$ lol.

I can't speak for everybody but I'm pretty sure a lot of players from pRO, particularly from the pRO server that I played on, were surprised when they learned that these cheats are so rampant on iRO which is an official server. A lot of players from my old server are used to seeing these things on pservers only.

Maybe a separate thread should be created for further discussion about this as this issue is existent on all iRO servers.

Edited by Guyak, 22 January 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#368 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

you don't need any of the other cheats if the GMs give you +20 armors carded with GR and Tao gunka. if the game staff themselves are for sale to the highest bidder the game is already as good as dead. Note how it finally folded, making GTB/FBH available in the cash shop literally a week or two before they pulled the plug.

#369 Guyak

Guyak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

^That is a fair argument although keep in mind that these ridiculous [2] armors and high end gear auctions were non-existent until late 2012 iirc. Renewal was launched late 2010, never had any issues with people cheating in WoE in pre-RE until they closed down pRO.

What issues are iRO players facing with Gameguard? Never had an issue with it on pRO. Played the game for over 10 years and not one issue. I don't get why iRO is very reluctant to try a solution similar to Gameguard. A lot of other games (games with a much higher population than iRO) use Gameguard and I don't see people complaining about it. It may not block all cheats but the point is some cheats are blocked and surely that's better than nothing?

---

Yeah sure taking all things into consideration, pRO = worse server between the two and this is evidenced by the mere fact that iRO is still in service but I can't say I'm not disappointed with how the iRO management is handling things. You have a community that seems very dependent on 3pps and the management's solution is to pretty much legalize everything? I mean really grf edits, rcx, etc. all allowed? What's next? Are they gonna say -_- it let's just legalize all the cheats and get this over with? smh 1) why are iRO GMs so lenient?? 2) why can't people just play the game how it's supposed to be played?

#370 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:16 PM

kro uses hackshield or used to not sure anymore its full of nothing but bots much worse than iro chaos another thing is protecting the exe is useless in a game like ro because everything is done by targeting certain game files

in addition gameguard has caused games to close for example trickster online had a massive population drop because of all the issues gameguard was causing on people's pcs thus cant pay dem fees so rip that game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users