January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

@Themes We cannot access that google document, says we have to request permission. Can you post a summary?

@Campitor Is it possible to not remove Prize Medals so quickly? Many players are looking for Elemental Armors. If anyone uses the Prize Medals for otherwise i'd be surprised o_o;

I'm just assuming since a fewer number of people posted a negative reaction to Prize Medals that it's off the table completely. Can we get another way to get slotted Elemental Armors implemented then? What the heck is the daily quen, and is it a permanent thing to Classic and how long would it take to get 1,000 Prize Medals?

I fixed the google doc

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

dally quen is an npc you log into talk to get a thing at random and log out for the next 24 hours.

If we get dally quen in a quest format, I'd prefer it to be an extension of spotlight/killcount stuff so that it encourages vets to play with other players to helpp with party formation, and obviously avoid the heck out of low end bottable item fetch quests.

Personally I'd do it with mining/fishing type quests around asgard... think Malaya Daily that you have to get salt from.

Edited by Xellie, 14 January 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#53 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

I fixed the google doc

How feasible is it for the man power required to do this for the GM's to actually implement this idea?

@Daily Quen doesn't sound like a feasible solution then to Prize Medals. 24 hours for a chance at x prize medals, how much would be x? How long would it take to get Elemental Armors?

#54 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

WHERE'S MY SEAL CHARACTER RESETS? ALL 200+ OF THEM?! 

Campitor Edit: It was MY mistake that the quest number did not get changed in the first place this year.

To break down what happened with Santa Seal Quest Reset

1. There is no way to tell the difference between when two characters on classic receive a questevent on their quest log.

2. Due to 1 we were forced to reset all Santa quests

3. Due to community concerns regarding seal status and our own concerns at how high it had gotten we chose to remove seal status resets from the Santa NPC going forward.

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

dally quen is an npc you log into talk to get a thing at random and log out for the next 24 hours.

We updated him on renewal to require a short 15 minute quest every day including a hunting/gathering portion. Planning on adding puzzles and other things to his daily rotation. Hoping that players either play to gather items or zeny moves around from the sale of those items stimulating the low end economy.

#56 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

After all the drama and yelling, I do want to say that other than the prize medals I think the box is well done thanks.

And if those projects are truly accomplished by march, I definitely applaud that as well. Please don't let this be another set of broken promises. IMO though improving and expanding pvm TIs after janeway is more important long term than making janeway into a better janeway.

I can only hope there is movement on the front of cheating and duping though, they really are ruining this server more than maybe anything else. Pretty sure I just spent a bil on a duped piece of gear that I now have to ticket in for myself and wait to see if I end up with the gear or my zeny back in two weeks, and feeling like I don't really have either in the meantime. The whole situation is pretty -_-, nobody wants to have to put up with these things just to try and play and enjoy the game.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#57 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

We updated him on renewal to require a short 15 minute quest every day including a hunting/gathering portion. Planning on adding puzzles and other things to his daily rotation. Hoping that players either play to gather items or zeny moves around from the sale of those items stimulating the low end economy.

Am I mistaking the understanding of Daily Quen? It sounds exactly like Hugel Races Mini-games, just different game, different chances. ?______?

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Campitor Edit: It was MY mistake that the quest number did not get changed in the first place this year.

To break down what happened with Santa Seal Quest Reset

1. There is no way to tell the difference between when two characters on classic receive a questevent on their quest log.

2. Due to 1 we were forced to reset all Santa quests

3. Due to community concerns regarding seal status and our own concerns at how high it had gotten we chose to remove seal status resets from the Santa NPC going forward.

Hold on, double dipping seals is a pretty damn bad thing too, don't go blaming me because the staff messed up the first time and were too damn incompetent to do anything past a bandaid fix (like making a new quest ID for it)

They were lazy and bad and there were ways around it.  If you wanna go play blame games, look a bit closer to home, honey.

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Am I mistaking the understanding of Daily Quen? It sounds exactly like Hugel Races Mini-games, just different game, different chances. ?______?

They are not games of chance/skill. Just short daily quests that can always be completed. The Huge restriction to Dally Quen is that it is the one system that is account bound.

#60 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:05 AM

Hakuna your tatas.

hqdefault.jpg

#61 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Is blaming anyone for X gonna change the future? Discussion seems much better without the finger pointing. =/

#62 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hold on, double dipping seals is a pretty damn bad thing too, don't go blaming me because the staff messed up the first time and were too damn incompetent to do anything past a bandaid fix (like making a new quest ID for it)

They were lazy and bad and there were ways around it.  If you wanna go play blame games, look a bit closer to home, honey.

Quest data in classic is stored as a hex blob. It is impossible for us to delete quest entries so when we make changes its an all or nothing prospect.

The classic DB has no way of telling the difference between when two characters received a quest entry.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

don't change the habit of a lifetime - continue blaming me for the GMs mistakes. Go ahead. They've never cared in the past and left me to take it all and will continue to do so.

edit @ campitor: Are you sure, because can't the npc check the timestamp? It's right there and seems to work with other quests. If not then you should have shut off god creation and worked this -_- out, because 4 god items in 2 days was not something classic could handle.

Edited by Campitor, 14 January 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#64 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Well, I guess I have to wait and look forward to getting Prize Medals that isn't waiting for races to start / guessing the lucky number.

Still would just rather get a chance at whaling for Prize Medals since that box is huge anyways. =o

#PrayforPrizeMedals

Edited by Jenna, 14 January 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#65 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Today we learned of the passing of the great character actor Alan Rickman. He brought life to characters such as Hans Gruber in Die Hard (in his first ever film role!), The Sherrif of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Severus Snape from the Harry Potter films

And of course, in my favorite role as the actor playing the Spock analog Doctor Lazarus in GALAXY QUEST

First Quarter Projects:

Changes to the WoE 1 God Item Creation Quest
Working Version of the PvP Arena that a certain player (I don't remember if he wanted to be named) has been working on.
Stage 1 (Lvls 1-40) of the Janeway Replacement Project.

By Grabthar's hammer, I am very excited for the PVP Arena! Thanks for the update. 

#66 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

Turn to page three hundred and niiiiiinty foooooour

#67 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:15 AM

Can you please though who here would use the prize medals on something other than Elemental armors

Q_Q my dreams seriously have been ruined and I have to wait even longer cause implementation (who knows when Daily Quen will work)

Edit: @Campitor/Oda pls let me whale for prize medals

Edited by Jenna, 14 January 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#68 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

don't let Valkyrie change the habit of a lifetime - continue blaming me for the GMs mistakes. Go ahead. They've never cared in the past and left me to take it all and will continue to do so.

edit @ campitor: Are you sure, because can't the npc check the timestamp? It's right there and seems to work with other quests. If not then you should have shut off god creation and worked this shit out, because 4 god items in 2 days was not something classic could handle.

No, I think that the blob has a time stamp but there is no way to pull it. If it is a timer quest the only stuff it returns is 
0 - Doesn't have quest
1 - Timer is counting down
2 - Timer Finished
3 - NPC Hide finished quest

#69 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Oh god they took the prize medals away.

#PrayforPrizeMedals

Edited by ShinRyoma, 14 January 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#70 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

Oh god they took the prize medals away.

Your avatar mildly fills me with fear. I don't know why.

#71 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

Your avatar mildly fills me with fear. I don't know why.

I like how the good old Katka amazes people here on these forums. Does she scare you enough to convince you to put the Prize Medals back in the box? :3

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

No, I think that the blob has a time stamp but there is no way to pull it. If it is a timer quest the only stuff it returns is 
0 - Doesn't have quest
1 - Timer is counting down
2 - Timer Finished
3 - NPC Hide finished quest

next time just close the seals if you done goofed like that to prevent abuse and keep it fair =/ I'll admit losing 200 seal chars is a lot better than what could have happened (yep); doesn't mean it doesn't still suck and I think there were alternatives with some creative thinking. But lesson learned.

Probably would have been no problem if the error was dealt with immediately after maint too. Sigh. No, I know I get it, I don't need to hear it. It's just... frustrating.

So I still don't understand what's happening with my killcount. Am I keeping it and my hard work? Am I losing it? do I have to trade it in for stones or I can't complete it? You're gonna have to step by step me through this, because I'm still really annoyed at the timing (after the abuse by the other team) and it's really hard for me to decipher staff speak now.

Edited by Xellie, 14 January 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#73 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

I like how the good old Katka amazes people here on these forums. Does she scare you enough to convince you to put the Prize Medals back in the box? :3

I rate it a 5/7. Not quite enough to cause that course of action.

#74 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

OP Updated, Prize Medals being removed from and Clarification regarding the Kill Quest Count added.

On Going Projects to be completed by the end of March added as well.

No prize medal? :(

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

next time just close the seals if you done goofed like that to prevent abuse and keep it fair =/ I'll admit losing 200 seal chars is a lot better than what could have happened (yep); doesn't mean it doesn't still suck and I think there were alternatives with some creative thinking. But lesson learned.

So I still don't understand what's happening with my killcount. Am I keeping it and my hard work? Am I losing it? do I have to trade it in for stones or I can't complete it? You're gonna have to step by step me through this, because I'm still really annoyed at the timing (after the abuse by the other team) and it's really hard for me to decipher staff speak now.

The next time the characters want to participate in the arena they will need to choose to other lose the kill counts and have the seal stones returned, OR receive the quest timer and attempt a creation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users