A few more questions about Ranger equips - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A few more questions about Ranger equips

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

1.  Does lucky day enchant end up doing more dmg than hawkeye on Temporal Luk boots?

2.  What is the ideal garment card for a MVP ranger?  Will deviling ever get me killed from an elemental attack or will an elemental armor make up for it?

#2 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:05 AM

Deviling will not make up for something like a waterball from TG with just an elemental armor, even without the deviling card it's hard to tank it with just elemental armors. There is no ideal armor card you could go Petal,Menblatt, Raydric, Deviling, or Elemental Resistance its nice to have them all which is why i prefer HBP

#3 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:29 AM

Deviling will not make up for something like a waterball from TG with just an elemental armor, even without the deviling card it's hard to tank it with just elemental armors. There is no ideal armor card you could go Petal,Menblatt, Raydric, Deviling, or Elemental Resistance its nice to have them all which is why i prefer HBP

Thanks!  You seem like an expert for Rangers xD

For a beginning Ranger, which MVPs can I survive I have just the appropriate elemental armor (and possibly 2 kafra blossom accessories)?

Which MVPs will require deviling?  

Which MVPs will require raydric? 

#4 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

if you have the appropriate elemental armors you can mvp everything except for the higher end ones (Valk, Ifrit, FBH, Etc.) those require more skill or better gears 2 of which i do not have. unless you cheat by hit and run ASing them but then its not really Autowarg Build anymore

Deviling for MvPs that have a weak/no elemental attack

Raydric for MvPs that have good elemental+neutral damage

Elemental Resist for MvPs that have strong elementals but weak neutral attacks

Petal/Menblatt for MvPs that cannot kill you otherwise

the best way to figure these out is to actually go out to ET or wherever and try them out.

Edited by Kupo54, 14 January 2016 - 05:52 AM.

#5 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

if you have the appropriate elemental armors you can mvp everything except for the higher end ones (Valk, Ifrit, FBH, Etc.) those require more skill or better gears 2 of which i do not have. unless you cheat by hit and run ASing them but then its not really Autowarg Build anymore

Deviling for MvPs that have a weak/no elemental attack

Raydric for MvPs that have good elemental+neutral damage

Elemental Resist for MvPs that have strong elementals but weak neutral attacks

So with just elemental armors and no deviling or raydric, most MvPs are possible?

Could you possibly list specifically which ones wouldn't be?

Edited by Sleepy, 14 January 2016 - 05:51 AM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

So with just elemental armors and no deviling or raydric, most MvPs are possible?

Could you possibly list specifically which ones wouldn't be?

I would like to add, FBH is easy, you just need an Evil WW Suit and 193 ASPD.

As for what ones wouldn't be, only YOU can decide that. Differently play styles cover different MVPs and some people have different experiences than others.

Also locations must be taken into account, for example, I found Ifrit dreadfully boring... unless in ET where the range seems limited, thus it is almost impossible to deal with there via hitlocking

#8 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

Is Lucky Day or Hawkeye better for a boot enchant?  Which gives more damage?  Is Lucky Day required just for the extra hit lock from warg?

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

Is Lucky Day or Hawkeye better for a boot enchant?  Which gives more damage?  Is Lucky Day required just for the extra hit lock from warg?

Hawkeye better if you are focusing on Arrow DPS, LD is a pretty solid buff overall since it boost not just warg proc, but EVERYTHING xD.

Really up to your play style, but I prefer my LD (those occasional treasure boxes are fun too).

#10 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

Hawkeye better if you are focusing on Arrow DPS, LD is a pretty solid buff overall since it boost not just warg proc, but EVERYTHING xD.

Really up to your play style, but I prefer my LD (those occasional treasure boxes are fun too).

What do you think gives more damage?

#11 Wolfie777

Wolfie777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

<snip>

VModCinnamon:

That kind of post is not helpful.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 January 2016 - 01:04 PM.
Removed.

#12 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

<snip>

Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the discussion.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 January 2016 - 01:05 PM.
Edited in quote

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

What do you think gives more damage?

Pretty much stated it with what I said.

Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the discussion.

I don't agree with the terminology "Noob", but I understand his frustration.

Fact is, while I (and I am sure others) don't mind answering questions, the fact is these have been discussed a lot already. Sometimes it is okay to bring up already discussed topics if buried under layers of old ones (since this forum has TERRIBLE search options), but yeah, should always crawl through previous topics before making new ones.

But I do repeat, I don't mind providing answers.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 14 January 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#14 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Pretty much stated it with what I said.

What you told me was that Hawkeye is better for arrow damage and "LD is a pretty solid buff" but that doesn't tell me what does more damage per second all else being equal.  

I'm assuming with no limits Hawkeye does more, but normally LD would do more since it more than doubles the warg proc rate.  I was looking for some sort of confirmation on this.

#15 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

What you told me was that Hawkeye is better for arrow damage and "LD is a pretty solid buff" but that doesn't tell me what does more damage per second all else being equal.  

I'm assuming with no limits Hawkeye does more, but normally LD would do more since it more than doubles the warg proc rate.  I was looking for some sort of confirmation on this.

It really DOES answer your question though.

If your focus is primarily on your arrow damage, then of course HE is going to be better. If you invest equally into warg and arrow damage, the obviously LD is better since it provides a mid damage buff to both warg and arrow damage; as well as, provides roughly 66.6% additional chance to proc warg among other bonuses.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 14 January 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#16 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

It really DOES answer your question though.

If your focus is primarily on your arrow damage, then of course HE is going to be better. If you invest equally into warg and arrow damage, the obviously LD is better since it provides a mid damage buff to both warg and arrow damage; as well as, provides roughly 66.6% additional chance to proc warg among other bonuses.

What differs between a build that focuses on arrow damage and one that invests equally in both?  120 dex with 100 luk vs 120 luk with 100 dex?  Is there a difference in equipment as well?

I feel like Lucky Day would be superior to Hawkeye regardless of these relatively minor differences.  Hawkeye increases Arrow crit damage by about 70% in my experience while it increases warg damage (via proc rate) by about 200% as you've stated.  Even if the focus isn't on warg, that seems like a lot more damage than hawkeye.

What would the build even have to be for Hawkeye to be superior without no limits being used?

Edited by Sleepy, 14 January 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#17 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

What differs between a build that focuses on arrow damage and one that invests equally in both?  120 dex with 100 luk vs 120 luk with 100 dex?  Is there a difference in equipment as well?

I feel like Lucky Day would be superior to Hawkeye regardless of these relatively minor differences.  Hawkeye increases Arrow crit damage by about 70% in my experience while it increases warg damage (via proc rate) by about 200% as you've stated.  Even if the focus isn't on warg, that seems like a lot more damage than hawkeye.

What would the build even have to be for Hawkeye to be superior without no limits being used?

I've never tried Hawkeye but i'm sure a build that stacks Luk would benefit more from Hawkeye then it would from LD

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

When relying on your warg, you still gotta compensate with Arrow Damage.

Crit multipliers and Crit chance don't have an impact on your warg, so if you heavily invest into those for the sake of arrow damage, you can then assume HE is MUCH better.

If you do plan to use your warg as a staple portion of damage... well then using LD is the slightly better choice for THIS scenario.

But seriously, I did answer the question, I shouldn't have needed to explain this much to prove that point. 200 DEX vs 200 LUK should be pretty simple.

Just to add to this, the reason why LD is only slightly better than majorly so for HE when focusing warg, is that HE also increases warg damage a BUNCH.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 14 January 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#19 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hawkeye is stronger if you stack crit dmg gear etc you warg shouldn't be doing more dmg than your auto attack if you built right...LD is for people stacking up aspd items they have no dmg boost and warg should be doing about the same if not alittle more than their auto even in nolimit

Edited by YangeWenli, 14 January 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#20 Sleepy

Sleepy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

Hawkeye is stronger if you stack crit dmg gear etc you warg shouldn't be doing more dmg than your auto attack if you built right...LD is for people stacking up aspd items they have no dmg boost and warg should be doing about the same if not alittle more than their auto even in nolimit

Ah thanks that makes sense. What build do you use and what's your typical crit dmg and warg dmg normally and with no limit on? 

My auto attacks are doing only about 20% more dmg than my warg with no limits on, but I think that should be enough to justify hawkeye over lucky day right?

#21 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

Unhelpful and drama posts have been removed.

This is very disappointing, if you have nothing better to say than "search the forums or a noob" then please do us a favor and don't post at all.

#22 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

Ah thanks that makes sense. What build do you use and what's your typical crit dmg and warg dmg normally and with no limit on? 

My auto attacks are doing only about 20% more dmg than my warg with no limits on, but I think that should be enough to justify hawkeye over lucky day right?

I use Temp Luk boot with hawkeye my max dmg with no limit in field mvps that I saw was 36k autoattack warg dmg I dont really look for it but should be 10k+ Max dmg on field MVP without no lmit was about 7~8k(rarely mvp without nolimit) Max dmg in Izlude Academy egg was 42k auto and 15k warg and 9.6k auto without nolmit

+12 Eddga and Hawkeye is love <3

Edited by YangeWenli, 14 January 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

I use Temp Luk boot with hawkeye my max dmg with no limit in field mvps that I saw was 36k autoattack warg dmg I dont really look for it but should be 10k+ Max dmg on field MVP without no lmit was about 7~8k(rarely mvp without nolimit) Max dmg in Izlude Academy egg was 42k auto and 15k warg and 9.6k auto without nolmit

+12 Eddga and Hawkeye is love <3

Mind you, you must be rolling 120 base LUK build haha.

#24 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

yes

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies