January 21st Patch Notes - Classic - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 21st Patch Notes - Classic

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

Announcement: Campitor is out of town next week, so we will not be doing a maintenance on the week of the 28th. 

Updates

• God Items Creation Quest for WoE 1 god items will now reset kill quest counts if after 3 hours you have not completed them. The timer will be set for all characters when they receive the kill counts from the dwarf. Old Kill count quests will be grandfathered in.

Maintenance

• Payon's Zone Server is being rebuilt to address the issues happening on that zone. There may be other servers are getting rebuilt as the same time. We will be looking through all the zones to make sure the same issue isn't happening elsewhere.

#2 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

though this was for renewal... wrong click

#3 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

- Update Grandma please.

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Please address the elemental armors situation. People were very firmly interested in these being available and a few alternative options were suggested in last weeks thread (along with Campitors Daily Quen research). It's not fair to people to tease them with medals in boxes, remove them and then offer no follow up.

Also while I dont want to distract you with more random projects when you should be focusing on other stuff, but is there any chance you could add some experience to the monsters in the Challenge Dungeon?

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Please address the elemental armors situation. People were very firmly interested in these being available and a few alternative options were suggested in last weeks thread (along with Campitors Daily Quen research). It's not fair to people to tease them with medals in boxes, remove them and then offer no follow up.

Also while I dont want to distract you with more random projects when you should be focusing on other stuff, but is there any chance you could add some experience to the monsters in the Challenge Dungeon?

So for Dally Quen I looked into the DB system and the stored procedures are there and match whats on renewal. We have a theory that we will test out as to why its not marking it and if I have time today I will test it on Classic Sakray.

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

Take out seal power 2, your change heavily favors the only alliance on the server. It's not fair.

They don't need more god items to use against the guilds that don't have any. Nor do I. I've only been creating to keep the god numbers down because saturation is real when we only have ~100 WoE players.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#7 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

Take out seal power 2 also because classic does not need double god creations and piggybacking god items on other peoples work/success is pretty lame..

Making creations easier/faster/multiple does not help anyone that needs it (new players/guilds, those without god items), only the large dedicated guilds that will gleefully jump over lowered hurdles twice as fast and make the problem worse.

Also:

https://forums.warpp...e-seal-power-2/

https://forums.warpp...we-win-or-lose/

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#8 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

Seal power 2 was the second worst idea regarding the god item quest.

Remove it.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

Yes, if you don't take out SP 2, then don't bother wiping kill counts.

#10 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

#WoeReport2016Pls

#11 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

Hi camp, don't forget to update spotlight warper to Lhz, thx

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

Take out seal power 2, your change heavily favors the only alliance on the server. It's not fair.

They don't need more god items to use against the guilds that don't have any. Nor do I. I've only been creating to keep the god numbers down because saturation is real when we only have ~100 WoE players.

Take out seal power 2 also because classic does not need double god creations and piggybacking god items on other peoples work/success is pretty lame..

Making creations easier/faster/multiple does not help anyone that needs it (new players/guilds, those without god items), only the large dedicated guilds that will gleefully jump over lowered hurdles twice as fast and make the problem worse.

Also:

https://forums.warpp...e-seal-power-2/

https://forums.warpp...we-win-or-lose/

Seal power 2 was the second worst idea regarding the god item quest.
Remove it.

Yes, if you don't take out SP 2, then don't bother wiping kill counts.

To explain why it is not being changed, we would much rather do smaller changes and ease it into a position of being correct rather than doing massive changes that will themselves need to be compensated for. Seal Power 2 is it self not a bad thing as the goal is to make it so that no quest seal run is useless.

However if Seal Power 2 is proccing way too often then we should look at maybe making it harder to proc, for example by making the floor to start proccing seal power 2 higher or just reducing the over all chance.

#WoeReport2016Pls

After the last couple WoE reports we have decided that we will no longer be doing them. It just caused more strife in the community all around.

#13 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

you could just make the seal quests give updated rewards one of them atm just gives crappy pretrans gear at random for finishing it perhaps you can change it for something more useful?

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

Right and you don't think putting the power of all the god creations in the alliance that gangbangs 10 man guilds with their 50 people and -_- dumb -_- mvp card toting god item toting army blocking out the new guys whilst the older players always get 2 at a time?

Seals aren't scary hard like they were all those years ago, I don't' care what "truths" are being whispered in your ear right now, it doesn't take months of leeching characters in dark frames to 70. You know how long it takes to get 12 characters to 70 on Classic?

account creation time + 10~15 mins. So the whole thing is retardedly easy.

And just as assinine as it was to change the quest, so is that logic. No seal run is useless? I never lost a single one under the old system and guess why? Because I did the same thing everyone else does/should do. Wait till there's no comp around and schedule it for when they're sleeping. You're being lied to if anyone tells you there is competition between the older players. We just avoid eachother. Sometimes someone will get frisky and try to ride off the other group's work, but you already allowed that to happen too long. Way too long.

The more god items you allow to be created the more calling there's gonna be for alternative woe modes and the higher the entry barrier is into WoE. I don't know why we need 1/4 the population wearing megingards, but they can. And those imaginary new players just log right back out again.

You're not thinking. Saturation is stupid and seals are easier than they've ever been and anyone who tells you otherwise is lazy/stupid/bad. No nice way to put it.

fact : Guilds have been pushing the seals from 0-100 in a day. They don't get competed there's no preparing against that.

re: woe report. Lol. Given the circumstances of recent why would anyone believe that? WoE report or no, the next time I get banned for swapping guilds and you just go after the character name whined at you guys in tickets instead of investigation, you bet there's going to be a poo storm. I'd say that was almost borderline unforgivable. Plus I suppose there's the legit argument of it just getting real cheaters unbanned. Not that anyone ever gets banned anymore. For real cheats.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 02:30 PM.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

Also: under the old system, literally anyone could create. There was no forcing them to fight people who are being handed the huge advantage in numbers; the ability to play catch up existed by not having to deal with the crap farmed before you.

And if you failed you weren't handing DOUBLE the creations to the enemy

and if you succeeded you weren't helping them maintain their lead over you.

Catch up. It's a thing.

#16 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

After the last couple WoE reports we have decided that we will no longer be doing them. It just caused more strife in the community all around.

Oki, I understand.  But I sincerely hope so that it is only the publicizing of results that would stop.  And that the constant WoE monitoring and proper investigation are still a continuing activity ( if there's really anything being done... I would want to doubt but I'd rather blindly believe that there is.)

#17 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

In the current system, with sp2 in place, I don't see any possible scenario where a guild without god items would be able to create one.  If I was an ultra-powerful guild/alliance, why wouldn't I just proc sp2 myself, enter the creation dungeon with two guilds, and make two items?  A small guild could proc sp2 as insurance and hope to create one of the items, but they are only improving their situation over other weaker guilds.  They won't gain ground that way.

#18 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Right and you don't think putting the power of all the god creations in the alliance that gangbangs 10 man guilds with their 50 people and -_- dumb -_- mvp card toting god item toting army blocking out the new guys whilst the older players always get 2 at a time?

Seals aren't scary hard like they were all those years ago, I don't' care what "truths" are being whispered in your ear right now, it doesn't take months of leeching characters in dark frames to 70. You know how long it takes to get 12 characters to 70 on Classic?

account creation time + 10~15 mins. So the whole thing is retardedly easy.

And just as assinine as it was to change the quest, so is that logic. No seal run is useless? I never lost a single one under the old system and guess why? Because I did the same thing everyone else does/should do. Wait till there's no comp around and schedule it for when they're sleeping. You're being lied to if anyone tells you there is competition between the older players. We just avoid eachother. Sometimes someone will get frisky and try to ride off the other group's work, but you already allowed that to happen too long. Way too long.

The more god items you allow to be created the more calling there's gonna be for alternative woe modes and the higher the entry barrier is into WoE. I don't know why we need 1/4 the population wearing megingards, but they can. And those imaginary new players just log right back out again.

You're not thinking. Saturation is stupid and seals are easier than they've ever been and anyone who tells you otherwise is lazy/stupid/bad. No nice way to put it.

fact : Guilds have been pushing the seals from 0-100 in a day. They don't get competed there's no preparing against that.

re: woe report. Lol. Given the circumstances of recent why would anyone believe that? WoE report or no, the next time I get banned for swapping guilds and you just go after the character name whined at you guys in tickets instead of investigation, you bet there's going to be a poo storm. I'd say that was almost borderline unforgivable. Plus I suppose there's the legit argument of it just getting real cheaters unbanned. Not that anyone ever gets banned anymore. For real cheats.

You do may a fairly strong point about competition in regards to running the seals. Just from a logical standpoint, since the server population is lower seals aren't being run all that naturally like they would on chaos. The ease of creating seal characters is one of the reasons Janeway is on the chopping block for this quarter as she is making things a bit too silly on the classic server.

If we limit it to one creation per dwarf opening and completely wipe the build up of seal quest completions when an item is created. It should force more fighting over who gets to make the item.

There are no plans to open creations to characters who are not the leaders of castle holding guilds.

The floor to join WoE is a serious problem and something we need to figure out how to address.

#19 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

Fencer scrolls are just as bad if not worse than janeway...

Could make them trans only, or give them a level requirement that can be lower than 90 or something. Idk really you've kinda screwed yourself and shot yourself in the foot by making them a cash shop item and changing them to be a free leveling trip to 70-80 each.

Honestly doing away with both janeway and fencers would be a change I am all in favor of, bring back some actual leveling into the game. We have increased rates, vip, cash shop manuals, you can supplement it with a TI system to promote party play and make it even faster, but for the love of god can we have people actually have to play the game to level up again?

The god item creation the way it is now is really bad all around, you are forcing guilds that are trying to catch up to directly fight the guilds so far ahead to create, and double creations means those guilds can just stay ahead or get further ahead in any case because of seal power 2.

Can I ask why this new creation quest was even put in? It causes SO many problems, why was the original system nixed?

Since you are here now looking at this and considering changes, can you PLEASE actually fully fix this issue and make things right? At this point god creation and saturation is a CRITICAL issue on this server.

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#20 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

Can I ask why this new creation quest was even put in?

Because one guild decided to whine and bitch until they got their way.

#21 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

You do may a fairly strong point about competition in regards to running the seals. Just from a logical standpoint, since the server population is lower seals aren't being run all that naturally like they would on chaos. The ease of creating seal characters is one of the reasons Janeway is on the chopping block for this quarter as she is making things a bit too silly on the classic server.

If we limit it to one creation per dwarf opening and completely wipe the build up of seal quest completions when an item is created. It should force more fighting over who gets to make the item.

There are no plans to open creations to characters who are not the leaders of castle holding guilds.

The floor to join WoE is a serious problem and something we need to figure out how to address.

ya keep telling urself that buddy what about all those suggestions saying ppl will fight for dg Mvp never happend won't happend here cuz am not gonna wake up ten friends at 5am cst to comp someone when we need to clock in or at work already in the Americas

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

ya keep telling urself that buddy what about all those suggestions saying ppl will fight for dg Mvp never happend won't happend here cuz am not gonna wake up ten friends at 5am cst to comp someone when we need to clock in or at work already in the Americas

Well, the two times I went to DG mvp to compete, people were abusing the fact that the map was memoable so I reported that and then it magically stopped being memoable...

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

I think giving players more opportunities to really compete is important. We aren't going to be making knee jerk changes to the seal power system but will have a discussion on it next month and then make a plan. The goal is to encourage healthy competition.

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Well, the two times I went to DG mvp to compete, people were abusing the fact that the map was memoable so I reported that and then it magically stopped being memoable...

That comment to about salt didn't need to be made. He is pointing out a realistic reaction and should be considered before any changes are made. Also you were wrong, https://en.wikipedia...i/Don_Juan_Pond .

#25 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

People are detailing entire lists of reasons why the current situation is very far from "healthy" competition..

There comes a point where you need to let guilds catching up make strides without getting destroyed by the oversaturated power of the old guilds.

Every double creation is doubling the damage to the server in terms of the overpowered item saturation that are all concentrated in a few old guilds issue.

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users