January 21st Patch Notes - Classic - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 21st Patch Notes - Classic

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:53 PM

People are detailing entire lists of reasons why the current situation is very far from "healthy" competition..

Please wait until the foundry thread appears next month so its all in one place.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

Did you notice? I noticed .....

Lake_Vanda_map.jpg

#28 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

it was still a exploit that was abused absurdly for a long time with 0 repercussions a entire monopoly was created if your into fair play/trading then you woudl agree something should be done cause the sheer amount of wealth and purchasing power controlling a super endgame drops is  unmeasurable by abusing that.

2. the new quest system was not directly asked to be created the staff took there own initiative after several of the original guilds wanted the seals lowered to 50

that didnt happen so we got this instead and everyone still didint like it during its initial test phase search the forums and bring a few hours of time and snacks to read though it all.

we have not comped a small guild at any seal roll & no one in our alliance has even made a personal 1.0 god if your more concerned about your 2.0 allies you can help them though the procedures or just have them pay u you do offer seal creations last i checked in the forums.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

it was still a exploit that was abused absurdly for a long time with 0 repercussions a entire monopoly was created if your into fair play/trading then you woudl agree something should be done cause the sheer amount of wealth and purchasing power controlling a super endgame drops is  unmeasurable by abusing that.

2. the new quest system was not directly asked to be created the staff took there own initiative after several of the original guilds wanted the seals lowered to 50

that didnt happen so we got this instead and everyone still didint like it during its initial test phase search the forums and bring a few hours of time and snacks to read though it all.

we have not comped a small guild at any seal roll & no one in our alliance has even made a personal 1.0 god if your more concerned about your 2.0 allies you can help them though the procedures or just have them pay u you do offer seal creations last i checked in the forums.

Maybe you should have reported it yourself? I reported it the moment I discovered it. (which apparently made you unhappy?)

edit: well they still had control of mama valk and there's no excuse for you to have no competed that one so I don't think the exploit is as you claim. The exploit was that it was the only way you felt you could compete instead of playing properly. Otherwise you'd have been at mama valkyrie and beezlebub too.

2 - several guilds = 1 alliance

"everyone didn't like it" ? PLEASE! Valhalla protested the change and your GUILDLEADER posted about how wonderful it was along with your alliance leader at the time (sputnik) so don't blame anyone except your guildleader and his compatriots.

3 - you comped valhalla when we have 15 people is that not small? You also comped immortal dreams. I don't believe in carrying people, I think they should forge their own path, it's more rewarding and they get stronger for it. Nobody likes being dependent on another group. I don't think I should be responsible for carrying the entire server that isn't part of your unnecessary, game harming alliance.

4 - Emblem swapping is a stupid rule that should be deleted so I can prove that Eyjafjlallajokull is sprite changed by individuals. It protects cheaters and removes a bunch of fun from the game. Infact the only reason that rule exists is because someone on renewal wpe'd an emblem change every 5 seconds to make it perma invisible - and Valkyrie decided to use that as an excuse to try and get it done here to attempt to justify things they couldn't deal with. Abuse is a clear cut thing (such as it changing every few seconds) but when it's one singular change it's never going to affect the outcome of WoE and guildless champs and scholars are still a thing, so I call for an even playing field.

Back to you, Zerowon.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#30 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Welp you heard it from zerowon apparently nobody liked it including valk and valhalla so we all agree, can we get it removed yet?

Idea: if you are nixing janeway you need to nix fencers, instead of selling level 10 fencer scrolls in the cash shop, why don't you sell mercenary vouchers that can be traded in for mercenaries of any level, but put the level requirement back in?

So then you can get mercenaries that help you level or whatever but they are always level appropriate like the actual mercenary system was designed to be, instead of getting an aura'd level 10 fencer as a 1/1 novice that can get you three-quarters of the way to 99 in goats or anubis in one use.

With janeway and fencers gone it leaves the door wide open for an actual well designed, more fun and more balanced system of pvm TIs to be made to help leveling and promote party play, that could be made to work from level 1 to 99. Could incorporate a badge/token system to said TIs that can be redeemed in a shop for leveling supplies, woe supplies, and even valuable rewards like ACAs or elemental armors with enough badges? This would get people partying up and playing the actual game to level and offer the incentive that older players need to come play and party with the new leveling ones.

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 04:26 PM.

#31 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

Campitor if you want to find out what the other side of the story is you could woe with Aurora.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

Or you could post it for them

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

I don't know why Aurora think they are more special than the other small guilds of the server... now that they are wearing big boy pants.

#34 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Not allowed.

well why not if he's gm we get rolled? according to xellie

but if not why the crap does you guys not look in person. Its about busting the myth that we are bigger the VH and cheat. well bye bye

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

but if not why the crap does you guys not look in person. Its about busting the myth that we are bigger the VH and cheat. well bye bye

You ARE bigger.... you have guilds merged in all the time.... we run like 14~17 on sats.... AND you have an alliance. And you're bigger than the other small guilds on the server.

won't comment on the cheating, I'll leave that to someone else ;)

But I'd love it if they DID woe with you guys for a weekend lmao. I support this idea.

edit: battledagger, you're welcome to follow your own advice and visit Valhalla for a bit to find the truth about us, instead of just believing everything you're told. I'll forgive you for accusing me of RMTing your old guildleaders' Mjolnir set (seriously? I've never needed to do such things - but I can understand why someone might think that from the outside) and you'll understand why that isn't true if you actually came to meet the people I work with and for. If you're so worried about the GMs judging aurora from the outside, perhaps you should set an example and visit Valhalla and learn the truth yourself.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#36 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

Not allowed.

players can provide chars/gears if thats one of the problems might also help them understand the game if they roll with different guilds every so often

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

Yeah then they develop a working relationship with the players and then we get old chaos/iris no thank you.

#38 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

My friend you do not want to test those words with me.

players can provide chars/gears if thats one of the problems might also help them understand the game if they roll with different guilds every so often

Policy, and just as Xellie said, in the past this has really done bad things.

#39 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

ITT people try to post some nonsense and then xellie is straight dropping bombs like

6b2.png

Edited by rojoky113, 20 January 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#40 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

I am not against woeing with a guild. But it needs to be well known in the community that I am, and the guild should be aware that the presence of one of us among them makes them a giant target for the WoE.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

www.valhalla.gg

no bigger target, no complaints from me!

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 05:45 PM.

#42 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

I am not against woeing with a guild. But it needs to be well known in the community that I am, and the guild should be aware that the presence of one of us among them makes them a giant target for the WoE.

make the thread give it a week or two so we see what people think and go for it if the reaction is positive

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

hey everyone best behaviour the GM is woeing with us today turn off your cheats

#44 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

I kinda fail to see how a GM woeing with anyone accomplishes anything that just shadowing them doesn't better.

Most cheating is not some out loud organized entire guild effort, a known GM presence just means cheaters know to turn anything they are running off for a day.

#45 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

itll help them get proper experience with the game so theyll finally understand certain struggles or suggestions 

also it isnt just about the cheating inside the guild they woe with that they should be concerned about

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

alliancecarcinoma

#47 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

Lol this is silly. All I want to do is fight Valhalla in woe (because we have great fights, not for any petty reasons). As long as I have been active, I really dont try to go out of my way to fight anyone else. Unless of course they are in the castle we want during the last 20 mins of woe. 

I do not post because I do not want to get harrased and ridiculed but other members of the community. 

If you want to talk to me about anything please feel free to contact me in-game. I will not be replying to any posts. Thank you. 

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:51 PM

Stewy talk to me ingame (Xelliekins)

Oh you want to fight Valhalla? Take a number and get in line.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#49 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

This whole server is alliances. VH is allied to ROKA/Terms of Service  and Rampage with sometimes <snip> thrown into the mix to act as cannon fodder so stop trying to act like a solo guild. You're not. You're in an alliance and act as a solo guild because you have the items to do so. Own up to it, you got the big boy pants on. Own it and come out the closet. You're an alliance guild. You're the new Wild-Blades.

Both sides cheat. I could prove it too if I put 5 minutes into it but I am not for some very obvious reasons. (Like, it would cost me effort and I am one lazy mother-_-er. But rest assured, I have a tendency to record everything and take lots and lots of screenshots. :p_idea: ) 

This is alliance versus alliance. Old server conditions birthed it and one side still stands. Can you blame Dr. Frankenstein for his monster? Because if so, VH is basically accountable for the opponent they moan and groan about the most. There is no underdog other than Iron Maiden (which only exists in woe1 it seems, RIP) and T5O. The only guilds that try to do anything solo. RIP this server.

Let's just bury it already. 

the ones that bark the loudest are usually the most unclean

Also, 

Any news on a marketing and/or advertisement campaign? 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 January 2016 - 09:55 AM.
Removed, please do not call out a guild name in that way.

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

This whole server is alliances. VH is allied to ROKA/Terms of Service  and Rampage with sometimes Dawn of the autobots thrown into the mix to act as cannon fodder so stop trying to act like a solo guild. You're not. You're in an alliance and act as a solo guild because you have the items to do so. Own up to it, you got the big boy pants on. Own it and come out the closet. You're an alliance guild. You're the new Wild-Blades.

Both sides cheat. I could prove it too if I put 5 minutes into it but I am not for some very obvious reasons. (Like, it would cost me effort and I am one lazy mother-_-er. But rest assured, I have a tendency to record everything and take lots and lots of screenshots. :p_idea: ) 

This is alliance versus alliance. Old server conditions birthed it and one side still stands. Can you blame Dr. Frankenstein for his monster? Because if so, VH is basically accountable for the opponent they moan and groan about the most. There is no underdog other than Iron Maiden (which only exists in woe1 it seems, RIP) and T5O. The only guilds that try to do anything solo. RIP this server.

Let's just bury it already. 

the ones that bark the loudest are usually the most unclean

Also, 

Any news on a marketing and/or advertisement campaign? 

We're only allied to them as not to hit them, the valfreyja 2 is for them not for us because the alliance won't leave them alone, get over yourself.

Rampage's ultimate goal is to go toe to toe with Valhalla. I respect that. Independence is a fine thing, I do not want to repeat the mistake I made with Entranced on Chaos. I will never babysit another guild again.  If they call me and they deserve help I will come. They will grow stronger, I will not protect them from their mistakes. I will only protect them from absolute bs.

They've been allied throughout the whole server, even when VH has been solo (forcing us to ally) and I have the videos to prove it. Just because you weren't active doesn't mean didn't happen or that you know what happened. You were in VH for 5 days and logged on once, so yeah, we cheat? PROVE IT. And I don't mean that one guy from the guild we're "allied" to. Incidentally, that's why we don't want any allies. We're extremely upset that the only options for allies are not to the standard we would hold ourselves to.

You'd know that if you listened to anyone in VH, but you didn't. Please don't apply again.

If you're going to slyly accuse us of being dirty, expect to get bitten back. You talk a lot about cheaters but you've never had the balls to cough up any proof, despite my asking you in PM. Multiple. Times.

Two weeks ago, Rampage tried to defend a castle and Econ it, whilst Valhalla played solo vs the alliance. You'd have known this if you didn't AFK all the time during WoE when we needed FCP. You'd also know stuff like... how we ally so the small guilds just dont get hit by us so they can fight others.

What happened to Rampage? The alliance slapped them when they noticed it, leaving VH alone in Valk 3. Now, can you blame me for wanting to punch someone for that? Considering that all of Aurora/Valk and AnO have gods and MVPs I do not think that is a reasonable thing to be doing.

When they put their big boy pants on and fight VH 1 v1 and don't alliance bang the small guilds, I won't feel obliged to pity-NAP them. Also Valk has never been ally-less. And Aurora? I offered them a NAP when they took valk 4, econed it vs ID (it was ano + au vs ID) and they insulted me for it. Big time. That's after their guildmembers came to my spot saying things like "we're frightened you're gonna roll us over!" I told them no, I'm not interested. I'd only go there if valk were there because they are the only people for us to fight. Guess what? They allied Valk even though I warned them. So who's damn fault is that?

There you're from Chaos. You understand that concept I guess. NAP=/= ally

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 09:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users