January 21st Patch Notes - Classic - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 21st Patch Notes - Classic

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#51 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

Why did synthesis and chaos flame fail then I thought they were under your wing to branch out on there own ?

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Why did synthesis and chaos flame fail then I thought they were under your wing to branch out on there own ?

Leadership issues. Not my problem to fix.

#53 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

Leadership issues. Not my problem to fix.

as an older leader with experience in iro am sadden as u did not teach them leadership 101 if you want the game/ competition to get better you have to actually share the hard knocks you went though so others can avoid hitting the expansion wall there's a reason why pro athletes and pretty much any job on the planet has fundamental training coursework a guild is no different then running a successful business. And it's a community leaders job to teach new business how to avoid these mistakes not bark at each other omg you ally I ally too so we have non hostility packs etc Etc

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

as an older leader with experience in iro am sadden as u did not teach them leadership 101 if you want the game/ competition to get better you have to actually share the hard knocks you went though so others can avoid hitting the expansion wall there's a reason why pro athletes and pretty much any job on the planet has fundamental training coursework a guild is no different then running a successful business. And it's a community leaders job to teach new business how to avoid these mistakes not bark at each other omg you ally I ally too so we have non hostility packs etc Etc

There's only so much I can tell people leadership wise, but ultimately if the rest of the guild doesn't follow or they don't want to keep playing, then no, I can't fix it.

#55 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

Okay, Im sorry. I will post this elsewhere. 

Edited by Stewy, 20 January 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#56 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

Legitimate question, how do WoE politics in this thread help the CMs understand Classic ongoing situation?

#57 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

Legitimate question, how do WoE politics in this thread help the CMs understand Classic ongoing situation?

It doesn't, someone starts a fire and it keeps growing.

Just punish people and they might actually learn.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:50 PM

I'll pm it to you.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 10:08 PM.

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

If we can actually put an end to these attacks on eachother as guilds and come to some kind of understanding, it would improve the quality of the patch threads considerably.

There's been too many "this suggestion is only made to hurt/benefit X/Y" etc etc type posts.  I'll take any chance I can to bridge that gap and get more people involved if they can understand that not every suggestion is an attack on them.

#60 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

Seeing as the whole "Seal Power 2" problem (whatever it is, I don't play Classic so I don't know and don't need to know) was brought up over here, all this noise in this patch notes thread has helped absolutely nobody.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 20 January 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#61 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

I understand, that kind of ongoing posting need to phase out that if posters wish to have their points understood better, ideally taken seriously.

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

try the following:

- reprimand arctic for accusing others of cheating (not an attack on you sai, just being factual) as you can't expect anyone to sit there and take it.

- thread split, yes the stuff needs to happen and classic does not engage within its own community (we have nowhere to do this). Consider moving the discussion and letting them engage with eachother elsewhere rather than silencing them/fueling the ongoing rage.

- If arctic feels I am lying about there only being one alliance, this is relevant to the classic situation. However, so are the fact that we don't consider ourselves an alliance/do not wish to maintain it.

- should alliances become a discussion point of classic patching in the future (and I know for a fact they will); then its in the best interests of everyone that the situation of alliances is clearly explained. See this thread.

- Seal power 2 and alliances are closely tied to each other. The potency of Seal power 2 is being affected by one of the patch changes listed here today. 

of course nobody expects any CM to read the discussions between the community, but there are some valuable informational points.

Edited by Xellie, 20 January 2016 - 10:44 PM.

#63 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

I called out every guild actually, Not just VH. All guilds got dem cheaters. 

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

fair enough, but nobody gonna wanna take that laying down :P

#65 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

#ThisIsMyFetish 

#66 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

In beginning we were bowled over for Valk+Aurora+Alfa Omega Ally. Impossible compete against a guild with God + MVP.

The single ally in server and why not make another? Thats why we have ally with VH and this ally help us.

So this, unmake your ally and i will talk with Xellie to unmake our.

Anyway, we need more players to fill this empty castle.

To reach this, staff need fix the problems.

-----

I like the server because is the only official server with pre-renewal mechanics (I hate renewal mechanics).

So Warpportal, dont let the Classic die. Fix the problems and with that bring more players.

#67 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:46 AM

Spoiler

Move this to a proper section if you feel like it. My guild has been called out so I think I should at least show we're alive. But first things first.

I remembered reading something about 2016 plan to adress cheating and stuff (including that staff would give them an option to get clean before banning "half the server"). Can someone please remind me if there's an Estimated time to this? I find it very weird that every single time someone mentions cheating we see replies from Section 9 with "YEAH WE HAVE CHEATERS CHEATERS CHEATERS EVERYWHERE MUAHAHAHA". 

The way I see, there are 2 types of cheaters:

- the ones who does it because they simply want to - they will not stop regardless of punishment. Ban them, they'll just come back and create new chars/accounts/ect.

- the ones who does it because nowadays it's easy and there are little/no risks and/or because other people are doing it too - they should stop as soon as a risk of getting banned shows up.

Not saying they ain't both wrong. But it's 2016 and I strongly believe that there are no 100% pure saints, so it's more about what we can prove and what we can't. To begin with, there are more ways to be harmful to the server/community other than cheating. So to everyone that screams out loud pointing fingers at the so called cheaters (>implying they aren't cheaters too), it doesn't automatically make you a good player/person. I mean come on -.- .

As for WoE stuff, Xellie and Xandy already said the main things. There's a huge difference between the "alliances" you guys talk about. Starting from the fact that my guild enjoys winning just as much as everyone, but we enjoy competing even more. Fair(ish) competing. We take no pleasure in fighting much stronger or much weaker guilds. Especially the latter (unless it happens in the last 5 mins because it's farm time and everyone's farming, why shouldn't we? Reduce the number of castles and that'll go away). Congratz to the so called underdogs, but their brave heart means too little when they can't take 2 steps under our "pre cast". It's boring for both sides.

Also fairness is something very unlikely Ragnarok overall. There's 20ish megs rolling around not to mention the other op items. There must be a very high skill difference for a non godded/mvped guild to fight against a godded/mvped one. There's also the numbers issue. So either we should back to consider at the very least that non god/non mvp TE WoE or be happy with what we have. Last sunday was the most competitive (and therefore fun) woe I played on Classic in 6~~7 months. But the other 9 castles were empty. This needs to be fixed.

Love y'all

Ry.

#68 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:04 AM

Ryoma said more detailed what i think.

Will be great desable all MVP, Mini-Boss and God somes woe. This will show who realy have PS or not.

This WoE Event was to show this but... do not need say anything more about -_- that was...

@Edit:

Dont forget fix Payon City. Have some players, like me, need Sam Status Reset.

Edited by Xandyzor, 21 January 2016 - 04:07 AM.

#69 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

https://forums.warpp...woes/?p=2379730

could do that for no mvp god minis woe

dont think it would exactly ruin woe for many since youll know the dates well in advance

#70 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

Done

#71 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

Last sunday was the most competitive (and therefore fun) woe I played on Classic in 6~~7 months. But the other 9 castles were empty. This needs to be fixed.

^ This, honestly I enjoyed ALOT that woe, but it was sad to realize after that every other castle was empty.

It was fun because it was an Alliance vs Alliance, not 1v3 or 1v2, both sides had decent numbers and the fights went to and fro.

Again this was just ONE castle out of 10.

#72 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

^ This, honestly I enjoyed ALOT that woe, but it was sad to realize after that every other castle was empty.
It was fun because it was an Alliance vs Alliance, not 1v3 or 1v2, both sides had decent numbers and the fights went to and fro.
Again this was just ONE castle out of 10.

+1 but don't forget the small guild that went off to grab their fifth castle with the only break of the woe!

Disable alliances reduce castles plz.

#73 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

I have to say, you guys seem very bias with your requests.

Can we get a separate website to Classic?
Could we also find a way to get the client from Korea :P? I'm willing write a nice (edited typo) letter in Korean, maybe we can all sign as a community.

Edited by Stewy, 21 January 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#74 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

I have to say, you guys seem very bias with your requests.

Can we get a separate website to Classic?
Could we also find a way to get the client from Korea :P? I'm willing write a nice (edited typo) letter in Korean, maybe we can all sign as a community.

its not just the client that needs updating its the server software as well. It is something weve been bugging them about for awhile. Maybe Oda should compile a large amount of feedback in regards to updating these things so that the next push we have on that in a couple weeks can have the weight of the community behind it as well.

#75 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:26 AM

@ campitor: yes the CD mobs hp was reduced by 10% (didnt test the mvp, but ill take your word on it)

in regards to the post above me. YES , YES , YES. we need server/client updates. and not just classic, but re as well. you guys at warp portal take an awful lot of flack from us players because we know our favorite game can be run better. and i for one know its 9 times out of 10 a lack of effort on the Korean side of things. that and i feel like this is the only stuff ill talk on this week. cuz i know every player agrees with me on this. gravity home office needs to show a little more love and support for our community. 

for example..... has anyone looked at the laundry list of stuff our renewal server is missing/hasn't had properly implemented? its huge!(i don't play re, but my point still stands)

next thing you know we will have guilds max at 20 ppl and allies disabled, lol <<<< :p_omg: its a joke, not an idea! :p_omg:

Edited by lxst, 21 January 2016 - 10:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users