[Event/Inactive] Shadow of the Moon Lunar New Year Quest - Page 2 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Event/Inactive] Shadow of the Moon Lunar New Year Quest

• Please log in to reply
795 replies to this topic

#26 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Why should we adapt to how kRO wants things? It's very obvious to see kRO wants iRO and all other official server publishers to cash out and alienate their costumers. Throwing broken overpowered kafra shop gears at our faces is basically a middle finger to your own customers.

When kRO goes overboard and starts throwing MVP cards or sealed MVP cards into their kafra shop, making shadow sets that do things MVP cards do (eddga, mistress, thanatos, drake and others (yes, i am aware that these are on the rare side)) and making enchants for your shadow gears that give -1s fixed cast time among other things, it's hard not to question their decisions.

Im not saying we should deny every single thing kRO wants to put in, but don't alienate your customers when you want to do so.

Edited by Toxn, 22 January 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#27 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

Why should we adapt to how kRO wants things? It's very obvious to see kRO wants iRO and all other official server publishers to cash out and alienate their costumers. Throwing broken overpowered kafra shop gears at our faces is basically a middle finger to your own customers.

When kRO goes overboard and starts throwing MVP cards or sealed MVP cards into their kafra shop, making shadow sets that do things MVP cards do (eddga, mistress, thanatos, drake and others (yes, i am aware that these are on the rare side)) and making enchants for your shadow gears that give -1s fixed cast time among other things, it's hard not to question their decisions.

Im not saying we should deny every single thing kRO wants to put in, but don't alienate your customers when you want to do so.

Why because every new update will be considered based on available source on the "kRO" not any other server. That's the big reason why we should. A lot of international MMO have regulated game balancing with regulated cash shop resources to balance things out and make development smoother. If RO had same influence as back in 2004~2007 everything should've been unified. 

Sealed MVP cards are being thrown away and only some have Okay value. Which aren't really breaking the value of MVP card at all. Same thing goes for Shadow Gear with op abilities. They are just as rare to obtain because they don't get those refinement event as often as iRO. Which is another reason why iRO is doing things pretty badly in that case. Same thing goes for FAW getting enchants without chance to break the wing. Some FAW are way more expansive than MVP card because they break and cant be reseted unlike iRO.

These alternation is what makes other item from kRO seem overpowered. Because iRO tend to fail at implanting things right. 

#28 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

You'd make a good Frost Joker, Char.

#29 PorkWithRice

PorkWithRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

remove woe set too pls , it makes ppl to tanky

#30 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Every content update can go right ahead and be implemented exactly how it is on kRO. If things end up being more of a challenge in the future due to the differences between what kRO puked out of the kafra shop then so be it. RO could use a challenge.

I'm pretty much okay with every future content update kRO has. N.Bio enchants may go to absurd potential levels of broken, but at least they are a grind to get to. Rather than just throwing broken crap at our faces.

Yeah, iRO may have made FAW enchants unbreakable and upgrading things may be easier on iRO than it is kRO, but that just even further proves the point that kRO wants to step over their customers. Some may see FAW breaking and more shadow gears breaking as a way to prevent an overabundance of them from existing, I see it as them just wanting you to spend more to go and break more.

Nothing wrong with them wanting profit from their game, But at least put some subtlety to it.

#31 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Some may see FAW breaking and more shadow gears breaking as a way to prevent an overabundance of them from existing, I see it as them just wanting you to spend more to go and break more.

Thats where iRO is at right now. With pretty much everything. 

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

Unfreezing gears? Ez ... I'd rather have TT shadow gear effect :p_idea: :p_hi:

Time to save the server! Disable gods and mvps! They are breaking the WoE game xD

Lets throw each others with stones haha

#33 StandByMe

StandByMe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

wowww..people start crying again. 

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

Not sure about PvP but WoE is still a big thing in kRO. Which is still very alive there as well. Its only BS when people stop adapting to new changes kRO is trying to put out. If it was that of big deal then it would've been brought up from kRO forum already. Which didn't happen. I don't expect kRO population to be uneducated about RO either. As long as theres God Item supply, WoE is very alive. 

That said, not only this particular item, there are a lot of implements that people are afraid of. Which is shame to me because people on kRO or jRO are adapting to them just fine. And are more successful in pulling back players to try their game out. 

Slap your face and remind yourself, you're in iRO, the strongest server. Be proud D:<

#35 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

Slap your face and remind yourself, you're in iRO, the strongest server. Be proud D:<

jRO says hello.

Edit: Fun Fact- iRO never won RWC

Edited by CharAznable, 22 January 2016 - 06:30 PM.

#36 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

Cashing out on more stock of kafra shop items and cashing out more on enriched to +7 things with a break chance or using certificates (not sure if kRO has safe to +7s? I know they have safe certs for upgrades above +10 though) barely deters people from achieving high upgrade and perfect enchant things. kRO knows that full well. I mean, thats basically the entire reason why pRO was migrated to iRO.

Edited by Toxn, 22 January 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#37 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

Cashing out on more stock of kafra shop items and cashing out more on enriched to +7 things with a break chance or using certificates (not sure if kRO has safe to +7s? I know they have safe certs for upgrades above +10 though) barely deters people from achieving high upgrade and perfect enchant things. kRO knows that full well.

kRO have stuff like Refinement Guarantee Coupon. Quite different from cert but it does the same job. Also from lucky boxes. 

#38 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

Exactly :v

#39 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

It's nice to know how kRO is like but please try to stay a bit close to the issue of introducing the Unfrozen Costume set in iRO. Keep in mind there are many other costumes that grants immunity to status debuffs, this is just one of them.

#40 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

Fair enough, my stance is still pretty much: welcoming addition to PVM, but disable the unfrozen and future status immunity sets in WoE and PVP.

Introducing these sets through quests in game over direct implementation to the kafra shop is a pretty good idea too.

Edited by Toxn, 22 January 2016 - 06:35 PM.

#41 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

Fair enough. As long as its here in some way without altering option, I'm okay with it. 

Also, good job on making the item actually available through the quest. This will make entry bar for newer player lower.

Edited by CharAznable, 22 January 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#42 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

Also, good job on making the item actually available through the quest. This will make entry bar for newer player lower.

It's a quest for VIPs only, so I don't see how this lowers the bar for newer players since you still need to fork over some cash. From how Oda worded his post, I presume the set will also be available in the shop as well at a later date.

#43 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

It's a quest for VIPs only, so I don't see how this lowers the bar for newer players since you still need to fork over some cash. From how Oda worded his post, I presume the set will also be available in the shop as well at a later date.

Making these op gear available for being VIP is still easier than opening shadow gear box imo. I was gonna say "a lil bit" but I just deleted that part before posting.  :pif:

#44 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

I like how Quad and Toxn are discussing about the pros and cons of implementing these gears to iRO. Pretty insightful from both points of view. :v

#45 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

PVP is almost dead(90%) since 175,guess why?

kRO released a lot of HP%/MDEF/IC gears making Sura's/Chasers more OP.But hey,who cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

If they release this S.gear,you probably know what's gonna happen.

kRO can adapt,Ok,good for them,i'm not a kRO player...

@edit

Making everyone unfrozen,you are killing one of the good things on this game,the debuff system 

Edited by Hissis, 22 January 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#46 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

They killed it when u can't debuff people with poison. Ur all a little late to the pissed off parade.

Btw I'm talking about enchant poison

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 22 January 2016 - 11:16 PM.

#47 5749140410070055953

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationQQ

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:06 AM

no. not helpful I know but me no likey

#48 Nzadis23

Nzadis23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

Instead of complaining ABOUT these things why can't we just make a Sura/Shadowchaser of our own and join the lulz?? It's not like what they're implementing is gamebreaking anyway yet every now and then when something drastic and new is announced to be implemented people find some way to devalue the update, nerf it entirely or have it removed all together..

Edited by Nzadis23, 23 January 2016 - 02:45 AM.

#49 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

Instead of complaining ABOUT these things why can't we just make a Sura/Shadowchaser of our own and join the lulz?? It's not like what they're implementing is gamebreaking anyway yet every now and then when something drastic and new is announced to be implemented people find some way to devalue the update, nerf it entirely or have it removed all together..

Nice suggestion, let's all play taoed sura or chasers in woe. Will be hella fun :)

#50 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:46 AM

Amdarais card price will increase :v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users