Becoming Sera, should I get Bloodlust? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Becoming Sera, should I get Bloodlust?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aruvian13

Aruvian13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHeroes City Indonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

Hi guys, I have an Amistr, now still level 86 and the intimacy still Cordial

what I want to ask is, should I learn Bloodlust or not? since I wanna evolve my Amistr into Sera, afaik Sera skill doesn't have physical attack while bloodlust only buff physical attack (CMIIW)

I just know that loyaling a homunculus is pain in the ass and take a loooong time, while I can spend that time for leveling my gene. I wanna get a Homonculi S as soon as possible before I got bored afk-ing just to make it loyal =.="

thx b4

Edited by Aruvian13, 27 January 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#2 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

I've a loyal 99 Amistr with Bloodlust; I plan to go Sera after I get the last few job levels on my chemist. I'd rather have it and never need it than need it and never have it. I just set an egg timer and did whatever until it was feeding time. It was a long, monotonous process, but there was nothing difficult about it.

#3 Aruvian13

Aruvian13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

still, is it worth?
I don't want to waste a lot of time to acquire bloodlust if the skill not very useful for Sera

from what i know, Poison Mist deal matk while bloodlust only buff physical attack, but for early leveling did Sera need bloodlust to make leveling easier? since Amistr doesn't have any offensive skill

Edited by Aruvian13, 28 January 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#4 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

That's just it, the value of the time investment is a personal preference and cannot really be quantified. Bloodlust saves me a bunch of potions when the Amistr is tanking; based on this, I imagine it is equally useful for Sera before it gets Poison Mist and a sufficient SP pool. I'm sure that with end-game content, you'll likely never notice the impact, but getting to that point, I felt it was worth getting.

#5 Aruvian13

Aruvian13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

Actually what I want to ask, the time u invest for getting bloodlust or just leveling your Sera until get Poison Mist without Bloodlust, which faster?

But if Bloodlust still useful at end-game too, then I think it's worth, but if it's not then I'll just skip it

for now I don't mind using hp pot instead of using my homun as tank (I use rudolf/WPH tho), I use base Amistr not for tank purpose, but just for my Sera didn't die easily

#6 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:01 AM

I have an Amistr>Sera, too. I cannot remember how long I spent getting Blood Lust than getting Poison Mist. Blood Lust doesn't boost up Poison Mist damage since PM is based on MATK. However, it is quite useful especially during early levels of your Sera since it will have a terrible ASPD after mutating into S form and only Blood Lust is your resort to deal higher damage during attacks as Amistr doesn't have any offensive skill aside from BL. I have yet to know whether Blood Lust also affects minions' ATK as well as Needle of Paralysis and its end-game use cause I don't play geneticist atm.

Amistr is quite good as a base homunculus for survivability. I was able to bring my Amistr>Sera to different mobby maps that other homunculi on its level cannot deal with.

#7 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:01 AM

Do it, you might regret it.
I changed one of mine without it and it was hell early on.

#8 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

i never get blood lust except for the first time, since it's useless. The time you spend to get blood lust is about the same time you get your sear to get pain killer, or deiter get the magma flow. 

and in end game, sheep Homu just serve few needs, 

1. as a bait to lure some mvp that allows you to do few extra hit b4 you take hits or use the location swap to get the mvp slave chase the homu and u focus on mvp, though low end mvp slave is a joke which u can tank all of it w/o any problem, and high end mvp slave kills ur homu too quick that it makes no different since you need to tank all. 

2. escape from wutever situation by using the position swap.

what's the point of having it if you never need/use it? And by having it require you quit a lot of time which as i stated above: you can get to the useful level of the Homu S by just getting blood lust.

I have had 6 homu, 1 vani base and 5 sheep base.

only 1 homu have blood lust, and i don't regret a bit not getting it for the rest 4 of them but i do regret getting bloodlust for the first one after i made my 2nd sheep->deiter homu.

Edited by bassman767, 28 January 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#9 Aruvian13

Aruvian13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

thanks all for the answers
my amistr still 90 now, I'll think it again after my amistr hit 99

i never get blood lust except for the first time, since it's useless. The time you spend to get blood lust is about the same time you get your sear to get pain killer, or deiter get the magma flow. 

and in end game, sheep Homu just serve few needs, 

1. as a bait to lure some mvp that allows you to do few extra hit b4 you take hits or use the location swap to get the mvp slave chase the homu and u focus on mvp, though low end mvp slave is a joke which u can tank all of it w/o any problem, and high end mvp slave kills ur homu too quick that it makes no different since you need to tank all. 

2. escape from wutever situation by using the position swap.

what's the point of having it if you never need/use it? And by having it require you quit a lot of time which as i stated above: you can get to the useful level of the Homu S by just getting blood lust.

I have had 6 homu, 1 vani base and 5 sheep base.

only 1 homu have blood lust, and i don't regret a bit not getting it for the rest 4 of them but i do regret getting bloodlust for the first one after i made my 2nd sheep->deiter homu.

is blood lust not useful for dieter too?
I plan to make 1 alchemist again (still merchant) and wanna make Dieter, with vanil or amistr as base

#10 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

blood lust is somehow useful for deiter, but as i say, unless you can get blood lust b4 you 99 your sheep or close to getting blood lust b4 you turn. otherwise getting to 109 isn't any hard thing (which deiter will have the aoe, then get magma flow and wait for juno spotlight and go to magma 2 active lvl, 1 hr is around 2.5 lvl there)

#11 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

I rarely use bloodlust since i got homunc res at level 5. I just used it a couple of times as far as i can remember so my sera could gain its hp back rather than me resurecting it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users