[Suggestion] Quality of Life - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Suggestion] Quality of Life

22 replies to this topic

#1 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

These are not major life changing updates being discussed here.  So I did not add things like "nerf battle tactics" or things like this.  This is a general list of improvements through the game that make it more enjoyable.  That said this is my list I've compiled with the help of my friends, I've sought no outside feedback, so if you'd like feel free add suggestions and I may add them to my list.  If you like this list or things on it please leave a comment or a "rep" hopefully this gets the attention of the developers or reaches their eyes at least.  That said, here is my list (sorry if the spacing is off, I made it on Notepad gg) -

Crafting
    Chef        Heal Foods consumable that heal for 10,000 hp per second for 30 seconds
            Buff Foods that add 5% increase over certain stats, several different foods can cover a variety of stats much like the current buff foods.
            (5% buff means they will continue to be usefull far into the future)

Alchemist    Detect Potion Pitcher to detect hiders - acts like a potion pitcher, thrown out detects any near by hide classes
            New heal potions - with either 1.5 or 2 times the effect of Prime Dayr Red Potion

Unions

Offer higher level class buffs for more union points per level, i.e. Shadow Claw Level 2 could cost 10 Darkness Union Points, Level 3 20 Darkness
            Union Points, Level 4 costs 40 Darkness Union Points and Level 5 could Cost ~ 60-80 Darkness Union Points.  Apply this method to all Unions and
            Class related skills offered by them.

Pump It Up Pills    
            Offer new versions of Pump It Up Pills that buff other stats, such as - Pump It Up Defense:  Increases Defense, Dodge and Parry 2.5%, Pump It Up
            Damage Increase: Increases damage 2.5%, Pump It Up Reduction: Lowers damage taken 2.5%

Pandora's Boxes
            Contents inside need to adjust to current and future content levels.
                Add New Items:    Graham Potion Blue - Increases 5000hp (stackable with old Graham Potion)
                        Zeny Bags 100z and 200z
                        10 Diamonds (much like the 1 Diamond from January Happy Hour Boxes)
                        Lowest, Low, Mid and High grade Rune Elixirs
                        Lowest, Low and Mid Stat Powders
                        Faintly Shining Pearl
                        Low Grade Solvent
                        Seals of Vulcan, Veriel, Hoenheim and Demeter
                        Blueseed, Redseed and Greenseeds
                        Heavenly Sausage
                        Soul Shifting Barbeque
                        Prontera, Alberta, Morroc and Jawaii Warp Scrolls
                Remove Items:   (Old) Rune Elixirs
                        Dim Crystals
                        Polinium
                        *All current buff foods
                        *All current Artisan and Alchemist craft materials

Hourly Attendance Rewards
            Add new relevant items to the hourly attendance rewards.
                Add Items:    Complete Honing Scrub (Event)
                                     Special Honing Oil 5%
                Remove Items:    Polinium
                                           Mysterious Crystal

PvP Arena Event
            Create a 3v3 daily event inside the PvP Arena, limit gears/stats to those of Tier 2 (or the highest current PvP Tier available at the time) have
            teams queue up and wait for a match much like Jehoon.  Best of 3 wins the match.  Prizes to be determined.

Cheny Store
            Add Purchasable        Rune Removers - 500 Diamonds
                                                Complete Honing Scrub - 500 Diamonds
                                                DNA Boxes - 500 Diamonds
                                                Premium DNA Boxes - 1000 Diamonds
            Remove Purchasable    *All Warp Scrolls

Munil Store
            Add Purchasable        7 Day Mount Extension - 10 Coupons

Runes
            Craftable
                        +10, +25 and +50 VIT Runes

Changes

Put level limits on what runes can be used at different levels.  Level 1-50 can only use +10, ML1-ML20 can use +25, ML21-ML30 can use +50 and finally ML31- Current can use +80.

Greed Mine (Map)

Update the drop tables of Monsters and Bosses inside to that of the latest/higheset gears available in game currently.   This would require constant updates with the release of new maps and contents.

Unidentified Cards

Update both versions of Unidentified cards to contain all current cards in game, no longer just pre-aov cards.  Add Unidentified Cards as a drop to other mobs such as Jawaii, Forgotten Payon and Dark Whisper

Seed Runes

Add all color seed runes to drop from mobs in Dark Whisper.  Give the Dark Whisper bosses the drop tables of Immortals.  This gives players larger farming areas and gives purpose to Dark Whisper bosses who currently have no value of any kind.

Guild Info Window

On details info, show last time the player logged in.

Guild Storage

Allow guild storage to be organized like player storage.

Storage

Add more bags for players to use and increase the amount of storage tabs/pages.

Edited by flukeSG2, 15 February 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#2 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

+1

#3 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

A lot of that is good, but I think if we go with +50 Vit runes, a small restriction to limit them to purple runeslots would be nice.

I would also like to see some new stat buff foods/potions for Chef & Alchemist to make. They were useful before, but the ones they can make now are too tame.

On the Perfect Attendance Box, I wouldn't add those items.. But I would swap Mysterious Crystals for Radiant Crystals. Possibly swap the Poli for a 1 Zeny bag. Something small, but still slightly rewarding.

#4 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

These are not major life changing updates being discussed here.  So I did not add things like "nerf battle tactics" or things like this.  This is a general list of improvements through the game that make it more enjoyable.  That said this is my list I've compiled with the help of my friends, I've sought no outside feedback, so if you'd like feel free add suggestions and I may add them to my list.  If you like this list or things on it please leave a comment or a "rep" hopefully this gets the attention of the developers or reaches their eyes at least.  That said, here is my list (sorry if the spacing is off, I made it on Notepad gg) -

overall i would just make some comments & keep an open mind everything could be added to the game but there are much easier to implement compared to others. devs will most likely add a feature rather than change values or edit what is already in the game. also, there are certain features hard to program that it would definitely take time to put in ro2. it is easy to implement a concept related or somewhat like an already feature in the game(santa buff requires donation to appear same as the opening of WL)

Crafting
    Chef   

Unions

Pump It Up Pills    

Hourly Attendance Rewards

Cheny Store

Munil Store

Runes          

adding items would be easy as long as it would not be not that OP so further testing to evaluate this like 5% int stat buff will make more 1 shots for BT then have to compare it to 5% vit.

Alchemist    Detect Potion Pitcher to detect hiders - acts like a potion pitcher, thrown out detects any near by hide classes
            New heal potions - with either 1.5 or 2 times the effect of Prime Dayr Red Potion

PvP Arena Event
            Create a 3v3 daily event inside the PvP Arena, limit gears/stats to those of Tier 2 (or the highest current PvP Tier available at the time) have
            teams queue up and wait for a match much like Jehoon.  Best of 3 wins the match.  Prizes to be determined.

Greed Mine (Map)

Update the drop tables of Monsters and Bosses inside to that of the latest/higheset gears available in game currently.   This would require constant updates with the release of new maps and contents.

potion detection could be done same w/ available skill of SM but i think this is hard to program. it would be better to be added as union buff stated as above since that already exists in the game but that tweak will also be a problem

pvp arena event will be much more difficult to add in game, suggestions like GvG or alike w/c is in development will happen to be applied than this.

Greedy mines & editing anything inside will be also difficult. drops of these could be reworked to other items but not of specific or newest map items since it will also be a problem later on when another new content arrives

#5 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

Greedy mines & editing anything inside will be also difficult. drops of these could be reworked to other items but not of specific or newest map items since it will also be a problem later on when another new content arrives

Everyone free to have an opinion like I said, this part I'm specifically address because this map is made for PvP partially and to farm gear.   It's also associated with owning guild houses and forts/castles for the entrance to this map.  There is no incentive at all to enter this map and that is a shame.  It was widely used in the end days of Cazar gears right before Eddga was released, however at the dawn of Eddga this map became abandoned.

I think this map should be updated with each new gear arrival.  Yes it's a lot of potential work, but that was and should remain the entire purpose of this map.  I'm no programmer and I'm sure there's more to this than I know about it, but each boss in Jawaii and Wonderland has a set table of items they will drop, why can't those tables be copied to the bosses inside Greedy Mine?

It's a quality of life issue to me because this place is abandoned and there is potential in many ways to use this area and continue to use it in the future.

#6 Dattsun

Dattsun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

Crafting
    Chef        Heal Foods consumable that heal for 10,000 hp per second for 30 seconds
            Buff Foods that add 5% increase over certain stats, several different foods can cover a variety of stats much like the current buff foods.
            (5% buff means they will continue to be usefull far into the future)

omg i can't remember the last time chef got an update, oh wait we never got an update T_T  ( edit: i forgot chef do get an update, seals.)

i mean take a look at heavenly sausage, with the current drop rate penalty it's so hard to gather the required ingredients and for just 45 addition to phis/magical attack, critical/accel is really not worth it.

Edited by Dattsun, 28 January 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#7 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

omg i can't remember the last time chef got an update, oh wait we never got an update T_T  ( edit: i forgot chef do get an update, seals.)

i mean take a look at heavenly sausage, with the current drop rate penalty it's so hard to gather the required ingredients and for just 45 addition to phis/magical attack, critical/accel is really not worth it.

I don't count Seals as an update because each class has the ability to create seals.  For an update it needs to be something truly unique.

I've updated the list to include Unidentified Cards and Seed runes dropping from Dark Whisper bosses, much like they do from Immortals in Fallen Fortress.

#8 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

Support.  :no1:

And I would like to add:
- Card Enhanced Stone should be drop by all monster.

- Introduce Monster Buster Quest in Master Level.

- All the Warp Scroll available for Zeny.
Victor's Point Exchangeable List.

Edited by Saturn33, 18 February 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#9 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

Everyone free to have an opinion like I said, this part I'm specifically address because this map is made for PvP partially and to farm gear.   It's also associated with owning guild houses and forts/castles for the entrance to this map.  There is no incentive at all to enter this map and that is a shame.  It was widely used in the end days of Cazar gears right before Eddga was released, however at the dawn of Eddga this map became abandoned.

I think this map should be updated with each new gear arrival.  Yes it's a lot of potential work, but that was and should remain the entire purpose of this map.  I'm no programmer and I'm sure there's more to this than I know about it, but each boss in Jawaii and Wonderland has a set table of items they will drop, why can't those tables be copied to the bosses inside Greedy Mine?

It's a quality of life issue to me because this place is abandoned and there is potential in many ways to use this area and continue to use it in the future.

just quick comment, i think they've only changed WOE a few number of times, some are ML1 or 50, ML20 & then the level it is now. I don't think guardians made so many edits. I assume it's too much work to change them every now & then.

But for another comment regarding PVP & colo. Why not remove buffs same as episode quests to be fair. And i think someone already suggested wearing a one type costume same as WOE to counter group colo control

#10 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:53 AM

just quick comment, i think they've only changed WOE a few number of times, some are ML1 or 50, ML20 & then the level it is now. I don't think guardians made so many edits. I assume it's too much work to change them every now & then.

But for another comment regarding PVP & colo. Why not remove buffs same as episode quests to be fair. And i think someone already suggested wearing a one type costume same as WOE to counter group colo control

I'm trying to stay away from those kinds of changes being listed here.  Thats more class balance pvp issues.  I guess it's more the smaller things that make things nicer is what I'm aiming for.  Not radical overhauls.

#11 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

+1 on all update 

but just the bind vit rune is kinda hmmm no good i think 

with those ridiculous card from WL with 120 vit and imba hone player easy hit high hp.

w/o the vit rune is up to the player how he/she want to play the char what card/build/stat want to use

tank class easily hit 90k hp (even for war, the lowest vit among all tank) and bear can hit 200k hp

and dps class like sin i seen 70k-80k or even ranger 88k, sm 100k LOL and average dps class hp is 50k-60k  

#12 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

*Added changes to current runes -

Put level limits on what runes can be used at different levels.  Level 1-50 can only use +10, ML1-ML20 can use +25, ML21-ML30 can use +50 and finally ML31- Current can use +80.

#13 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

• VIP for whole account and not separated characters (mentioned it already in past so many times)
  • Cast Speed Honing Polish
  • Maybe a Costume Wardrobe like BnS have? Same as Card Album but just for Costumes and Accessories
  • Guild Notice 'Last time logged in' for every member
  • More Storage Slots (more tabs)

#14 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:38 AM

• VIP for whole account and not separated characters (mentioned it already in past so many times)
  • Cast Speed Honing Polish
  • Maybe a Costume Wardrobe like BnS have? Same as Card Album but just for Costumes and Accessories
  • Guild Notice 'Last time logged in' for every member
  • More Storage Slots (more tabs)

I'm like yeah and no for the VIP thing now, because VIP isn't that hard to get free in game now.

Is cast speed a desired hone for people?

Kimichisu one of the VCR's made an incredibly in depth suggestion about a costume storage expansion system, I'll go find it and link it on my list.

I'll add these last two to the list since I'm in total agreement!! xD

#15 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:59 AM

Yeah haste/cast speed are really good depending on your class so every stat should get their specific powders. it's just a matter of fairness  :)

#16 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

Yeah haste/cast speed are really good depending on your class so every stat should get their specific powders. it's just a matter of fairness  :)

Isn't one of those stats broken, I honestly want to say someone did Cast Speed test and it was broken, as in it didn't work.

#17 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

Isn't one of those stats broken, I honestly want to say someone did Cast Speed test and it was broken, as in it didn't work.

So if broken it means to take them out of game? What about fixing it? For example i am a type of person who aims for cast speed and i would appreciate it.

#18 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:26 AM

So if broken it means to take them out of game? What about fixing it? For example i am a type of person who aims for cast speed and i would appreciate it.

Cast Speed Polish isn't in game so they wouldn't be removing anything, nor did I say anything about not fixing it.

I personally don't see the upside to cast speed.  Reducing the cast time of a skill shaves of...milliseconds? Versus vigor which shaves off full seconds of frequency use instead of how fast it's cast.  Is it a Sorc thing?  Enlighten me.

#19 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

Yea, it is a Sorcerer thing or rather a Magician's.

I am just wondering why Cast Speed is the only Stat you cannot have as a Honing Polish. Haste is kinda the same, just not for magic skills but normal skills.

There are also other Honing Polish people hardly use or it isn't a desired one: Parry, Hit, SP, HP... Still they exist ingame.

It's maybe not a big upside but also not a downside. It is, as your topic already says, a quality of life.

To ask whether it is desired one now is a bit off of timing... Who plays Magician classes now? Close to no one, therefore of course people don't even think about Cast Speed.

But that should not be a reason to not add it in for people who would like to go for Cast Speed.

For example me in that case. If i want Cast Speed, i waste far more scrubs, zeny and oils for something that hardly changes in percentages, as you mentioned. So why do we make it hard and wasteable to get? If this kind of stat would be something powerful or by far noticeable it would be worth wasting for it. But Cast Speed is kinda sad that way.. I hope you get my point.

Furthermore it is not a big deal to implement it.

Edited by Plushy, 16 February 2016 - 08:10 AM.

#20 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

please revert cast speed back to haste (pre-aov usage)

#21 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:05 PM

please revert cast speed back to haste (pre-aov usage)

Not sure if there's something being done about it. Ymir description on priest/wizard says it increases acceleration(Haste) by 15% but in reality it's cast speed. Have you tested honing your gear with haste polish if it change your cast speed?

Edit: Spent 3 hrs testing Haste/Cast time/Attack Speed/Ymir. and it's a -_- mess. I can't even tell if acceleration is Haste anymore, Ymir form description says one thing but character information shows another thing. lol

Edited by Vau, 18 February 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#22 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Well for instance if battle leap were to be castable with a (3seconds cast time) then "Cast speed" stat would increase this rate in order to cast it in less than 3 seconds however "Haste" utterly reduces the "animation time" of the skill, so if you have a decent amount of haste, as soon as you press the button you'll instantly leap without seeing the jump.

My friend is haste type and when he hits the button "battle leap" maybe it needs 0.3 seconds before i get the damage.

so yeah i think we need "cast speed"/"haste" powders (i forgot whether there is "haste" powders or not) but we need both because for the mages who want to acst skills quickly they need cast speed.

Edited by Sowlemia, 18 February 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#23 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:47 AM

New friends system:

The one we have is broken. Everyone can be added as friend even if one of them don't want to and even when they're blocked (Spy-System). It should be possible to make a system where both parties have to accept before they become friends. Same goes for deleting friends. If someone delete a friend, his name also should disappear from the friend's list.

I would also like to have more details about my friends like which guild they're in, last time logged in and maybe an additional function to tell them whether we're busy/afk/active and so on :3

Chat System:

I tried BnS and i am kinda impressed about their Chat system. It allows us to reorganize chat and also create a new custom chat tab. I really would love that. Also when new messages arrive a little tiny icon with a number of messages you got appears on tab you haven't open. In that case you hardly miss a message or don't need to check every tab for messages.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users