5 replies to this topic

#1 fransniko

fransniko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hello guys i wanted to give some suggestion.

it's between I and Husher. We would suggest to make some calculation (average) for the boss dungeon's level to make some possibility to drop loots. Something like F7 Level Difference Calculation will be good for this community dungeon. It's all about the level difference to drop the loot at all, For example, the boss is lv 70 and all the players is lv 85. There wouldn't be a loot for all the players. 

if it isn't calculated, no one will get any "loots" :(  :sob:  :sob:  :sob: (uhm i mean there is no fun if there is no loots at all)

Hope you can review our suggestion to make the dungeon really fun for the community as well.

And don't forget to give more suggestion about this dungeon so we can get more fun to be a DragonSaga Community.

edit : Made some points about the argument.

Another Argument. Example : 15 players lv 50 + 15 players with random lv (above them / 80+). We should make some possibility for lv 50 to hit the boss or it may be miss miss and miss. So, there must be a separated range of level to make some possibility for each player to hit the boss as well.

conclusion for second argument :

we would make some separated range for the dungeon

50~59 : Normal 

60~69 : Rare

70~79 : Hero

80~85 : Legend 

Note for this one : You may change the difficulty name, but make sure that it fits with the separated range of the level.

Edited by fransniko, 29 January 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

I can see where you are coming from and in my opinion it's not a bad idea. 

But this is something I can't decide myself or just say "let's do it that way". This has different reasons:

• I need to discuss this with our team and producer first
  • Separating the dungeon needs the server to load more maps, because even though you see the same map in the case of your example you need to load 4 x 2 maps (4 level ranges for PvP and PvE modes) and this would mean the server would need to load 6 more maps than it does already. I would also need to ask how many capacity the server has. There could be several approaches to take off some load from the server, for example reducing the number of players which can be in the dungeons at the same time (currently 30).
  • The spawned boss needs to be reworked to match the level

I personally think the idea itself is good and only fair, but I need to go through several instances to check if this would be possible. Also after that the monster spawn has to be adjusted to the particular level range. This takes time and so I need to ask for being patient regarding this matter. I will try to make this happen but I am not able to promise anything. Please keep that in mind.

Thank you.

#3 Sterkie

Sterkie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:56 AM

As for topic, I do agree with the modes but loots like equipments need to have difference in stat for each mode, i.e Dark Giant Helmet give +5 hlt if acquired in normal mode and so on, and the drop rate should be slightly increased for higher modes

Edit by Popcorn: I removed your answer to the offtopic post because I hid it. This is no warning, just an information :)

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:06 AM

Good suggestion, but there's always em buts.

This would require quite a lot of changes I imagine. You would have to lvl cap the certain lvl modes, so high lvls couldnt come and 1 shot the lowbie dungeon. The interface for community dungeons is now more confucing and messy then ever, and a mode for each lvl range would make it unbearable.

I personally am fine with the high lvl end game notion of these dungeons, there simply is not enough of that in the game. I also think capping is a decease, and this would be yet another thing that encourages that. I also dont support the idea "modern" mmos seem to have of making everything accesable to everyone. Especially in a f2p mmo there needs to be the special things that you can access at a higher lvl and use your gear for. Gotta have reasons to spend that $$$.

So let's just say I would be sceptical of a change like this.

#5 fransniko

fransniko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:54 AM

I can see where you are coming from and in my opinion it's not a bad idea. 

But this is something I can't decide myself or just say "let's do it that way". This has different reasons:

• I need to discuss this with our team and producer first
  • Separating the dungeon needs the server to load more maps, because even though you see the same map in the case of your example you need to load 4 x 2 maps (4 level ranges for PvP and PvE modes) and this would mean the server would need to load 6 more maps than it does already. I would also need to ask how many capacity the server has. There could be several approaches to take off some load from the server, for example reducing the number of players which can be in the dungeons at the same time (currently 30).
  • The spawned boss needs to be reworked to match the level

I personally think the idea itself is good and only fair, but I need to go through several instances to check if this would be possible. Also after that the monster spawn has to be adjusted to the particular level range. This takes time and so I need to ask for being patient regarding this matter. I will try to make this happen but I am not able to promise anything. Please keep that in mind.

Thank you.

about the load more maps, you can change some schedule which 2 for pvp schedules and 2 for pve schedules. Also the capacity of the dungeon is fine with the 30 but it may effect to the server's lag (should be decreased a bit). But i prefer to ask to the producer first if he/she agrees with this or not.

Thanks for the response and review for this suggestion.

#6 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:12 AM

Certainly an interesting idea. I'm for it, even though I tend to max my characters. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users