Best Char for farming EMB - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Char for farming EMB

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 MasterOfBytes80

MasterOfBytes80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:15 AM

Hi!

I would like to make a perm 99/70 Rebirth-Char with main purpose to farm EMB in Low-Gramp's and BB Novus. So i would like to get some opinions from you.
I would think the best should be an LK with Bowling Bash. Or maybe a SinX with Grimtooth, but then i cannot farm if there are Insect/Demon in Gramp's. (That would'nt be an great issue, but i don't know how often that would be)
Which would be the best Class? Also in terms of Farming-Cost.

(I don't want to make a char "perm" 150 with self-kill/res to stay 150. I don't like that)

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

LK

#3 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

99-100 Gene is fun too can BB and low TI.

#4 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

100 rebellion spam round trip only if your farming emb since mob loots will be hard to get. i just use fly wing and bullets.

lk or gene if you want the loots at low ti

#5 Aimai

Aimai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

Ranger is the answer to every question in universe.

#6 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

if you are wanting to stay as a trans 2nd class, Sniper with Arrow Shower is good

Hunter Bow[Bow Guardian]+Hunting Arrow is all you need to one shot most mobs

#7 LudovicusHuppert

LudovicusHuppert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

LK is pretty good but Bowling Bash is kinda irritating sometimes, 'cuz of the gutterlines it doesn't hit the mob, and u have to use endure/spear dynamo and lure the mob to another spot and use the skill again, and sometimes u have to do that over 3 times, u can end up dying .-. <Up to u doing this

Sniper is pretty nice also, as the other guys said, hunter bow with some nice card like Archer Skel or idk,+hunting arrows do good damage, u can also use FAS and Arrow shower. Tou it isn't really fast killer nor tanky.

My actual advice:

Do a forever lv99 or 100 3rd class, suiciding is pretty easy, u just gotta go pharos lighthouse, save on kafra there, use like 5 Dead branchs, and just respawn/die, 5~10 mins u will get ur exp to 0, and then kill the mobs or try to run and talk to eden teleporter there.

Once most 3rd classes can AoE good, the class u should make for that depends on the gears you already have, 'cuz considering the classes that can use ur gears might make it cheaper making that new char.

I use a forever lv100 Ranger myself, they have mostly higher damage at lower levels, u just gotta have an elven bow+elf arrow and some tanky gear like immune nidhogur?, a sp leech helm, maybe a sound amp(not really necessary but make a good difference) and orleans gown?  With that u can basically kill any lowTI mob, and with enough potions, solo any TI (tou u might something else for the harder ones like Elders,->hp increase pots, fire/unfrozen armor / Marionettes-> Endow or Aspersio). And if u hunt a too strong monster u can use WWSet and double ur AS damage =]

There's also Shadow Chasers, they are versitily, if u reset your char you can play RK's IB+BB, or Ranger's ArrowStorm+Shower or even ArrowStorm+BB, and also many WL/Sorc Skills->This last case u can even be a auto caster, like auto cast sg, and then use that WL meteor thing or Sorc main AoE (I don't really remember the skill names). Tou this might be kinda expensive class if u wanna make it good, also i believe if u make RK or Ranger themselves they would probably be better on those builds than SC. The thing of SC is its higher flee, and also funny class heh.

RK-> The DB build isn't recommended for lower levels, even with top gears u wouldn't barely kill most mobs i think,( or maybe would with some MvPs maybe? who knows). The IB+BB build doesn't sound bad, and if u use some fire weapon like RTE it does extra damage, so might not be bad, and also very tanky.

Gene-> At first it u gonna feel it a really bad class (?), but what's lovely in genes are their homunculus, u gotta actually be really patient to level up and get loyalty on homunculus, but it is worth it. If u make a Amistr>Sera, u gonna probably be better tanker than most MS Suras u gonna see around. Amistr has a skill that gives u +30 vit, and that's gonna help a lot with max hp and potions recovery, and the real OP skill is the Sera's Pain Killer, at lv150, sera's painkiller reduces 1000 brute damage (not brute race, actual 1000 damage from any monster), it's like, if a monster normally hits 700~900 on u, or even 1000, its damage will be reduced to 1. Once most lowTI monsters do pretty low damage, even a huge mob would still hit 1 on u, u just gotta be careful with skills, 'cuz if a skill do 4k damage, -1k=3k, so they can still hurt a little, but u gonna be fine with some potions. Depending on ur gears, with all Cart Cannon related skills u gonna kill most monsters with 1~2 CCs. (And as a bonus, you can also bomb to death some lowtier mvps whenever you feel like). <-This is actually my main class now, that's why i like it so much, but make your choice, consider your gears, the money u have for new ones, the classes u like and the way u play, etc.

In my opnion, actually, the easiest class with cheaper gears to become stronger at lower levels is ranger, but it's up to u. If you just want a char to get parties easy and finish only the lowTI (no novus) fast, just create a acc with 3 priest, they gonna be easy and fast to find parties, and once they are AB, u can solo heal lowTI parties easily, and find parties easy and fast -mostly-, and farm badges with them (i've done this myself once, long ago), and u just basically need a morpheus set, and dea staff, and some armor, like the one orc lady drops (i forgot the name), and u will rarely get out of sp (if u have 100int+meditatiolv10+sprecoverylv5~10).

I don't know much about other classes, so i can't talk much about them, but i believe, if u have good enough gears, u can solo greatly with any class on most places u can think of (at their level range).

This is what i know about the other classes and think about them:

GX> with EDP+RC+Many HP Leech gears/cards/pet, can greatly hunt spending few potions, but u gotta have the edp for good damage and some specific gears.

Sorc>I've seem some pretty good sorcs around, even some insta cast ones ->that means expensive gears .-.

WL> I don't remember of seeing any soloing WL before myself, but they might be able, just gotta know how to play with them i think.

Mechanic> i don't really like them .-. Also u gotta go back prontera to get a new MADO gear every time u die if u go that build. Axe tornado build usually has no attetion, although it might be usable at ur low lvs/lowTI, tou u gotta have some good axe anyway.

Sura> They have some usable aoe skills, but they aren't that good imo, they can even be good killer with Flash Combo or Tiger cannon, but those builds only work well with really high job lv, like 40 or something, maybe more. Not really recomended for forever99 or 100.

Minstrel/Wandy> Just one actual area damage skill i think, it can even do some nice damage with gears, but i doubt it can be good, tou i don't really know the class nor have ever tried to explore its "potential on killing"?

RG> I've seen ppl doing good with Overbrand, but u need to pull all the monsters together beside u and click them with the skill. That skill just hits on one direction, it doesn't hit the monsters behind u.

^This all-> It is what i think, you might think different maybe, if u disagree with any of my tips and thoughts, just do the character or whatever you feel more likely doing.

GL there. Take care.

Edited by LudovicusHuppert, 30 January 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

Sorc is amazing and one of the best

#9 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

Rebel round trip If you don't care about the loot
cart cannon gene + heroic backpack, if you want to greed the loot.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

y know, you can use brandish spear as LK too '-', doesnt bug at all, still kills a bunch.

#11 9117131104170828837

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Mechanic> i don't really like them .-. Also u gotta go back prontera to get a new MADO gear every time u die if u go that build. Axe tornado build usually has no attetion, although it might be usable at ur low lvs/lowTI, tou u 

You do realise there's a Mado Gear NPC at Eden itself at the left side right? But probably not the best to farm EMB. Either LK or Ranger for its solo capability or Priest for getting into parties.

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

any class with OHKO aoe, seriously. no need to be fancy here
edit: mechanic is good if you use ice launcher. trap ranger is also the same. SR performers also very nice. sura's sky blow is good since novuses are fast walkers.

Edited by fuyukikun, 30 January 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#13 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Sorc is very good but it's pretty expensive gearing for instacast, especially if it's just a low TI farmer.

#14 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

Hi!

I would like to make a perm 99/70 Rebirth-Char with main purpose to farm EMB in Low-Gramp's and BB Novus.
(I don't want to make a char "perm" 150 with self-kill/res to stay 150. I don't like that)

Since you don't want to keep going back to lose exp, LK is your best choice!

Personally my fav to low ti farm is a full neutral reduction mech, takes 1-100 damage and one shots almost everything * - *

#15 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'd say LK. Both BB and Brandish Spear is awesome skill to clear wave in short period of time. Just re-position yourself with Endure and you're good to go.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

scholar's repertoire of fireball+heaven's drive+thunderstorm is also good especially if u have instacast gears

#17 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:10 PM

Super novice

#18 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

You guys are seriously taking out the fun from this game -.-

#19 bravewarrior

bravewarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

Lord Knight

- tanky

- decent aoe + good damage, BS BB

- mob 10-15 or more mons with ease

- badass

- cool sprite

Edited by bravewarrior, 30 January 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#20 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

^ You forgot the overweight chicken. =V

#21 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

I prefer ranger since they can solo or party. Get camouflage, full wwset and elven, then sp headgear.
Gene is good after you get CC. Buy you will need fast cast gears.
SC bow is good too. My AB usually leech with my friend's SC. He 1 hit everything.
Gx with proper gears good for solo. Sadly, maybe will hard to get party.

If 2nd job, make high priest and go with party...

Edited by MikaKuchiki, 30 January 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#22 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:05 AM

If 2nd job, make high priest and go with party...

This is probably the slowest option though

#23 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about a 99 char that he can just log in and grind some low ti everyday. As the rest mentioned, I think rangers your best bet since you can just as everything at low levels, if you are VIP. This is because if you're vip, you can allocate all your gramps TI exp to job, so nothing goes to waste, while suiciding isn't hard if you really come close to leveling.

Otherwise, I think LK's the choice for AOE For 2nd class. since at lv99 you don't ever have to worry about suiciding or out leveling the TI.

#24 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

GX is expensive as hell to aoe farm with, and in groups not gona happen.

Ranger is probably your best bet. These classes are so ridicilous overpowered.

#25 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

i prefer LK since its kinda tanky(shield FTW) and also BB + earth deleter(?)= unli sp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users