February 4th Classic Patch Notes - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 4th Classic Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

Announcements: For Lunar New Year we have a company holiday on Monday and Tuesday so I'll be doing the week's Tiki show Wednesday instead

Announcement: Dear Users, Please stop drop trading Items on WoE Maps. Thanks 

This Includes
Brynhilds
MP Sunnies
Unfrozen Formal Suits

As a note: We looked reports of WoE 2 Guardians dropping weird things. Could note find any logs, monsters have no item drop entry. We did find that someone decided to drop trade a Flame Manteau of Naght Sieger.

Ending this week: 

January Groove Pack leaves the Kafra shop

Starting this week: 
Camp is checking the lunar new year quest to see if it can be ported to Classic. 

Future: 
Would the community be interested in a system where a bounty is paid in prize medals (EXP Disabled) for hunting WoE supplies which are then available for sale to other players through the NPCs?

#2 tin0

tin0

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationProntera South Crossing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

1st

#3 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:53 PM

Update spotlight warper pls tq

#4 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yes to bounty system no I won't stop drop trading on woe maps

#5 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

Yes to bounties and give exp on them. I rather encourage those then spending 2 hours going level 1-99 via leeching.

#6 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

Please set high orc sprite back to normal.

#7 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

Contents for the new box?

#8 Ozm05

Ozm05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

Advance Adrenalin Rush Scroll plssssss.

#9 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

In Maintance of tomorrow:

- Keep LHZ Spotlight please.

- Update Grandman with this January Box.

- Change the server schedule. This three minutes ahead .

- Update spotlight warper.

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

In Maintance of tomorrow:

- Keep LHZ Spotlight please.

- Update Grandman with this January Box.

- Change the server schedule. This three minutes ahead .

- Update spotlight warper.

We're going to investigate the server situation to see why it's running ahead. 

#11 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

I think a bounty system with prize medals (even with exp enabled) for hunting WoE supplies would make them worth hunting again, and especially benefit newer players if the bounty board and a description of how it works is visible. However, things get tricky with the npcs selling goods to players. I assume this is meant to benefit smaller guilds without guild dungeon access who can't hunt their own GSBs? Maybe put a buy limit so people with deep pockets can't hoard up all the supplies?

You'd also have to be careful that the npcs wouldn't bug out like the empty bottle npc.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:00 AM

Announcements: For Lunar New Year we have a company holiday on Monday and Tuesday so I'll be doing the week's Tiki show Wednesday instead

Announcement: Dear Users, Please stop drop trading Items on WoE Maps. Thanks 

This Includes
Brynhilds
MP Sunnies
Unfrozen Formal Suits

As a note: We looked reports of WoE 2 Guardians dropping weird things. Could note find any logs, monsters have no item drop entry. We did find that someone decided to drop trade a Flame Manteau of Naght Sieger.

Ending this week: 

January Groove Pack leaves the Kafra shop

Starting this week: 
Camp is checking the lunar new year quest to see if it can be ported to Classic. 

Future: 
Would the community be interested in a system where a bounty is paid in prize medals (EXP Disabled) for hunting WoE supplies which are then available for sale to other players through the NPCs?

People drop trade  that stuff on woe maps? Is this bait to go to nyd 3? cuz that's how you bait me to go to nyd 3.

It's not GUARDIANS that are dropping items. It's guardian STONES (I'm not sure which variant however as I am merely a recaller who sits around "supervising" from a distance) - the item they are dropping is "Crimson Robe". You can find one on "Destroyer of WorIds" if you need an example to track.

bounty system: Could be useful. I assume this is a form of zeny sink. I would personally stick to gsbs, but it's a merited idea. I would not say to use prize medals themselves... WoE supplies drop from very low level monsters and I think prize medals are of interest to higher level players (do we want people botting madragora for elemental armor?) I like the system, I think you should use a different reward tho.

I think prize medals are best served in the 70-99 TIs to provide a reason for veterans to party with new/estsablishing players. We don't even have parties for people to join most of the time and this needs fixing. We need people doing stuff so new players can level. Prize medals can fix this. Easily.

#13 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:31 AM

We're going to investigate the server situation to see why it's running ahead. 

Maybe because the DDoS?

#14 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

I think prize medals are best served in the 70-99 TIs to provide a reason for veterans to party with new/estsablishing players. We don't even have parties for people to join most of the time and this needs fixing. We need people doing stuff so new players can level. Prize medals can fix this. Easily.

^this. I've said this a lot before but pvm kinda needs an overhaul right now, it has a lot of issues. A properly done one could solve a lot of problems all at once. I've posted about this and my ideas a couple times before, but I'll put it here again for any visibility/discussion.

Janeway and fencers need to be phased out, they are too fast, easy and abuseable. TIs have done a great job of promoting socialization and party play, make a system based around those and add item incentives like gsbs/woe supplies and at the high end things like elemental armors via badge rewards. Base it in Asgard so you have a centralized hub for it.

Make the npc hand out area-based turn ins with multiple monsters that's randomized in 5 level blocks, and then tell you about the bounty boards and TI npcs in the area they can also find (like the goats one). Give the npc an 8 hour cooldown on a new assignment, whether you finish the one you're given or not. Successful completion gives very very large exp for anyone in level range of the quest when they accepted, and badges for all levels based on assignment difficulty (levels 1-5 are 1 badge, 6-10 2, 95-99 20. GSBs can be 1-2 badges each, elemental armors 1000. Can do woe/leveling supplies, ACAs at like 50 each, whatever you want to add to it). Give an option talking to the npc like "I found people to help with my assignment" that gives everyone in your party the same one if they don't have one already if you are the party leader.

People get sent out to explore and learn about the game and its different areas, kill different monsters, can party up with people and older players (who still get rewarded well via badges that buy valuable supplies/items), and find out about what areas work well for them and the bounty boards and TI npcs that are there so they can go level there if they are on cooldown or if it just works really well for them or their class. Not only can people use this to hunt for GSBs/supplies/items they want, it gives new players the chance to get some of those and sell them to get them zeny as they level. It also brings back the value of items used to level at turn ins like antelope horns for all levels instead of having fencers/janeway invalidate everything up to 70, giving new players even more foot into the market via selling those items as they hunt. The cooldowns keep it from being heavily abused while still making it a good leveling system and system for giving players daily assignments to log in and do together.

Could also add VIP badges, that are only given if you are VIP when you do the TI quest. These badges could be used to buy cash shop and lucky box items (at high prices), making them attainable in game while still getting WP dat money.

Similarly, add the same sort of random MVP turn-in, "easy" mvps w/ low respawns at level 70 and "hard" ones with high respawns at level 85 or something. 24 hour cooldown, really big exp and badge reward for completing it. Makes party mvping more fun and rewarding.

Idk, I just think the whole direction of the system needs to be changed, cause the current ones are really unhealthy and boring IMO.

Edited by rojoky113, 04 February 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#15 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

Please put Slotting Advertisement or Sunglasses [1] in the new box  :p_love:

#16 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:33 AM

More thoughts on the medal system idea: https://forums.warpp...d-woe-supplies/

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

Put slot mid coupons into the boxes so people can make w/e slot mids they want. Combine with a quest of varying degrees of hardness for the more awesome ones (BFG)

Posted thoughts on medal topic.

#18 syamsul1204

syamsul1204

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

Great idea.. I agree with xellie-kun..^_^

#19 Sh4dd1x

Sh4dd1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBR
  • Server:Loki Classic

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Really liked Xellie's idea of slotting any mid ppl want...
I also would like to have:
Gangster Scarf
Moon Rabbit Hat[1]

Rainbow scarf with the lower rate.. :)

Edited by Sh4dd1x, 04 February 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

Waiting for  word from the IT team that they have looked into that clock timing issue. I don't know if they can fix it this week but we asked that they look at it. 

Once I get confirmation from them Classic Will Open.

#21 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

• New World - pushing for a new client / server for classic (i know you are, just want to let you know we want it too) 
  • KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes
  • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, (themes new bg?)
  • Pets: some pets still dont give the intended buffs

• Challenge Dungeon : are the difficulty vs drop rates on rare subject auras all proper? i know when we were discussing it originally camp, i think it was, suggested that it would either be higher drop rate but only drop one, or, low drop rate and drop for the entire party. as it is now it drops lower than card rate and only one (have not confirmed because i dont think anyone has gotten one yet)

• Camps new daily quest npc: soooo looking forward to this, or any other way of getting HUGLE prize medals.(posted my thoughts on the new proposed idea.... not great)

• gsb hunt for noobs: a lot of ways to handle this, but if you want new guilds you must fix this problem.

• WoE TE: <<< only real idea i can come up with to help new guilds start up/learn

• Content Plans: i know its early but any thoughts on a challenge quest or instance? kinda a challenge dungeon like thing? any way of perhaps getting one of the new world mvps? just thoughts. 

(alot of this i pulled from posts about a year old. so if something was already put in/shot down/or whatnot let me know. ill be putting this list together weekly now, so if anyone would like me to add something pm me.)

BOX: DEVILING HAT PLS PLS PLS........ you took it out last month and didnt even put it back when you removed the medals..... i love my deviling hats.....

Life: i would like mine back at some point. but there's too much to work on here in rune-midgard!

• alternate option: just start a new server. then i really wont have a life. lmao.<<<<<<dont rlly tho i would be sad.

Edited by lxst, 04 February 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

Okay I figured out how to force all the servers to sync at once. So hopefully the timing issues should now be fixed. Classic will be open by 3.

#23 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

Classic is now open! We weren't able to get the lunar new year's quest working on classic but we will have our new in-house designed Valentines day event coming next week. 

#24 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

Can we get a quick update on the box situation if possible? January groove pack is still being sold.

EDIT: Spotlight warper STILL incorrectly goes to hugel...

...*refills pumpkin supply in storage*

Edited by rojoky113, 04 February 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

So I don't mean to be rude or anything but the spotlight warper was mentioned twice  in this thread and multiple times in the previous one (you can't blame "noise" this time).

Changing the spotlight warper can't be that time consuming. Find a decent co-ordinate on the map, change the destination. Edit the dialogue to name the map? I'm sure that it doesn't take Campitor to make such a minor change.

If you're not seeing such clearly stated posts and unable to actually make such tiny edits correctly and then bringing the servers back online early, then that doesn't inspire much faith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users