Help! Ragnarok isn't installing! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help! Ragnarok isn't installing!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jboy900

jboy900

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

So, I'm able to download Ragnarok successfully from the main website, no problem here.

Until.. I have to install it! When I try to open it from Google Chrome, it'll load for EVER. And by forever, I mean forever until my laptop overheats
or turn off. When I wait it just freezes everything. Are there any other means to download the full client to get the Valkyrie client AND main game?

And, if there is a way to fix my problem, would anyone know how?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Are you just running it straight from the website? That causes more problems than it's worth. Just download to your desktop and run it from there. Afterwards, drag and drop right into your trash bin.

#3 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

ummm or download it from irowiki.org, and i wouldnt suggest dropping and deleting it because sometimes it can error in ur files and such and so u dont really want to delete that big file just put it in a USB, hmm or try use a different browser, wait i think i downloaded iRO on google chome as well, i think i just clicked the button that said "open file when finished downloading" and it just opened?!?!

#4 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

This sounds familiar.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

Save it to desktop, then run from there.

Also, there may still be a long delay with it under vista/7, due to UAC doing some scan-like thing. I've seen it take 10 minutes to launch the installer, during which time CPU usage is pinned.

If you computer overheats and freezes or shuts down due to heavy load (of any sort), you will have problems gaming (iRO and nearly all other serious games will pin CPU use). You need to resolve your laptop cooling problems in order to use the machine for gaming. First step is to get one of those air-dusters, and use it to blow the dust out of the air vents (hit it from both sides until dust stops coming out). Failing that, get a laptop cooling pad. Do not get the one in this image , http://t2.gstatic.co...Xzc_gBMoWhKPAM= it's a piece of crap and does not help cool the laptop.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 August 2010 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users