• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sias

sias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

Since nobody at all is reaction on the new posts (see quotes here) I wrote at my old topic, I'm making a new topic for it. Too bad I have to do this, it would be more fun if you guys would use http://forums.warppo...ch-of-20101110/ and post your reactions there instead of reacting here. In fact it doesn't really matter where, but a few ppl here, and a few ppl there, won't give a complete look at the matter, so if it's possible, don't reply on this topic, but follow the link, and post it there.

(The 3 new posts I made there are at page 4 of the topic called "defiler-with-new-dna-after-patch-of-20101110" by the way)

Thanks in advance.

Current Build:
Posted Image
Lol, you are right, I'm 65 now and doubting if I should change my build or not..

I might want to change this build a little.. And then I'm talking about the Vampiric Touch dna, the swift one.. It's nice to be able to heal instantly or while running (especially in pvp, or when a large group of mobs is kicking the-_- out of me and I have no choice but to die or run..) It requires 10 dna points to make it instant, which sucks..
Current dna build:
07: extended blood storm (dna is at lv 2 atm)
07: extended deadly fog (at 2 atm)
01: strengthened deadly bomb (at 1 atm)
10: strengthened arrow of ruin (at 6 atm)
03: range of arrow of ruin (at 3 atm)
01: aeo vampiric touch (at 1 atm)

The way I see it, I can take 3 points from the ground AoE's (BS and DF), since I can only take lv 5 till 7 starting from lv 72+
I can also steal 3 points from stronger arrow of ruin, since I can take lv 8 till 10 starting from lv 71+
2*3 + 3 = already 9 dna points recovered this way.. Points that I'm not using atm, and won't be using for a very long time. I would only have to nerf down Blood Storm OR Deadly Fog OR arrow of ruin by one more point, to make Swift Vampiric Touch dna lv 10, and by this way, having an instant heal instead of a 1.5 sec. cast.. I won't even need a skill reset this way..

Question is, is it worth it?

- No: I'll need a restat then around lv 71-75+ = wasted money (unless I stick with it and don't take longer BS/DF)
- No: The other skills are nerfed down a lot, which means I'm doing less damage, which sucks..
- No: Healers exist in game for a reason, they have to heal + I can pot, and if it's really really needed, I can cast that 1.5 sec heal. So I can spend the points better somewhere else
- No: With the 1.5 sec cast, I have to stand still, which means I can start casting the spell on a boss when I get damage, and abort it by running when the healer noticed it fast enough and heals me, so I can save my skill again for a better time

+ Yes: I will die less, so faster leveling up since I don't lose that much exp. I can grind easier on my own.
+ Yes: More fun in pvp, since I'm better in 1 vs 1 then, which happens from time to time (It would also give me some survivability when a freaking sin suddenly pops up and stuns my ass. And yes, I survive the time I'm stunned mostly, problem is my hp is so so low after that, that they only need a few more AA to finish me off. If I could cast VT instantly and then stun his ass (instant or Terms of Service) I can kill his ass. Ok, I can first instant stun too, then do 1.5 sec heal, then Terms of Service, then finish his ass, but instant stun misses too much atm).
+ Yes: I'm wasting dna points because I can't use them yet because my lv is too low, I should use them now. I can still restat later if I really want BS or DF or AoR to be stronger/longer
+ Yes: Lovely extra instant damaging skill from range, which makes a nice combo in BA+RN+BA+VT+BA = 5 instant skills possible to cast in 1 serie. Normally it's only 3 (BA+RN+BA)

Btw:
- BS = Blood Storm
- DF = Deadly Fog
- BA = Bloody Arrow
- RN = Rake Nail
- VT = Vampiric Touch

My question to you guys: What should I do? Can you guys think of more positive and/or negative things? What are your thoughts on the matter? ...? I'm pretty undecided since the cons and the pros are pretty equally for me..

Also IF I take the swift VT dna, should I make my build completely on it or not? The way I see it there are 3 good defi DNA builds:
- 1. No VT at all (or only 1 point in the AOE dna to double the heal), so not (really) bother with it, and just go for the other skills (BS,DF,...) to do more damage.
- 2. Full VT one, fast Vampiric Touch, with fully AoE, with very short cooldown time.
- 3. A mix: take a little use of VT, take a little use of the other skills, so a kinda hybrid build I'll call it. Not reaching the full potential of both other builds, but mixing them up to enjoy a little bit of both.

Right now, I'm build 1 (minimum VT). I'm thinking of going to build 3 because build 1 is nice for high lv defi's, and I'm only 65 atm.. Reaching lv 72+ will take some time. I could also change to build 2 (full VT) so I can grind WS alone and things like that, but then I need a restat already, and another one at high lv because I think build 1 is best at 75+ (however I'm not totally sure of that).
=> Ppl who see me playing also know that I'm a rusher in pvp, I can't just sit down in the back and cast my spells, I go in the attack a lot and try to push the enemy back. I also rather run my ass to someone and cast his ass blue, than running away and hoping I can catch him off guard later. I also take way too many mobs when I grind, which results often in death when Terms of Service fails..
==> So if you look at my playstyle, you would probably say I should make build 2 (full VT), but then I need a skill reset right now, and I don't have the lant for that, lol :-s

PS: Curse of Restoration sucks, doesn't work on skills or pots, so it's a filler, lol. (In case someone reads the text above the pic)

PS: For the ppl who think that I'm a rusher and I should max out my basic skills (BA and RN), I won't. I'm using them as pullers when I grind, what doesn't require them to be lv 10, and in pvp it makes it impossible to fear an opponent after I attacked him, since both of those skills have a silly DoT on them which cancels fear. So don't even think that I'm going to change that. The only thing I'm willing to consider to change is the 6 points in Invisibility buff and the 6 points in Shadow Binding. However Shadow Binding only needs more than 6 points if I stick with build 1, for the longer ground AoE's, lol.

PS: Ppl who think lithifying terror sucks. You are wrong, lol, or at least I mean, I think it's very useful at times. I'm using it more than I thought I would. Not only for fun, but also to disable enemies at times, or even mobs from time to time. And if you don't agree, well, also good, but the skill is just fun. I would even take it just for fun, lolz.. The Illusion I'm using less than I thought, but heck, it's also fun to have it, lolz.. With those 2 SP i can't max out Shadow Binding anyway, I have to steal 2 other points somewhere.. Possible tho, since lv 78 is kinda long away and hard to reach.. So I could recover the SP there (from lv 7 BS and DF) as well for now..

>> Bleh, like you see I've done a lot of thinking about my build, and it's great already, but I would like to hear your thoughts about this matter too. I might have forgotten important things. Or there might be things I just don't know yet.

>>> So, what build should I take? Why? Reset again after? To what? Why? ..and so on...?

Greezt,
Wannabeverygooddefi

(list 0, above)

Crap: Made a little mistake, BS and DF are in my build only lv 5 (and both are at lv 2 atm)
So that means if I want lv 10 Swift Vampiric Touch, that I need to find more DNA points somewhere... Seems I'll just have to get used to my build the way I planned it. Means I'll have to be more careful, and that I can't just rush in pvp that much :'(

Requiem, gimme 39 dna points instead of 25, grrr ;-)
Nah, just kidding, but ok, my current dna build is:
(list 1, under)
05: extended blood storm (dna is at lv 2 atm)
05: extended deadly fog (at 2 atm)
10: strengthened arrow of ruin (at 6 atm)

Nerf down BS, DF, AoR to get lv 10 swift VT?

So I keep my dna like list 1? Or do I change it to list 2?

(list 2, under)
02: extended blood storm (dna is at lv 2 atm)
02: extended deadly fog (at 2 atm)
06: strengthened arrow of ruin (at 6 atm)
10: swift vampiric touch (at 0 atm)

Or do I get a skill reset and make a total new DNA list?
Or any idea's?
...?

Greetz,
Wannabegooddefi

Or I can follow this build I just made in a few min., lol.. (= 1 build, 3 different links) => At 74 I would need a skill reset then, but it would be more fun, and easier to level

http://kruxena.com/s...1,0,0,8,0,5,5,1
OR
skill-calculator: Defiler
OR
<a href='http://kruxena.com/skill-calculator.html?s=86#72,0,1,6,0,1,1,1,10,0,6,0,1,1,0,10,1,1,8,8,1,0,5,5,5,5,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,1,0,0,8,0,5,5,1'>skill-calculator: Defiler</a>

Then I even have 5 skill points left, and 2 dna points left..

4 SP would come in handy to max out shadow binding.. and then there is still 1 SP left for whatever..
- Any suggestions?

The 2 dna points are a lot harder to allocate, since I actually need 10, lol..
So:
- Take AOE Vampiric Touch to lv 3 instead of lv 1, so I attack 3 targets instead of 2?
- Take Swift Vampiric Touch to lv 2 instead of lv 0, so it's cast in 1.1 sec instead of 1.5?
- Take Range of Arrow of Ruin to lv 5 instead of lv 3, so it has +5m range instead of +3m?
- Take Shadow Binding to lv 2 instead of lv 0, so it has +4 sec duration instead of +0 sec?
- or lol, maybe even take stronger BS to lv 1, and stronger curse effect to lv 1, for +27 damage and +100 damage? (lol)

Greetz,
wannabeverygooddefi

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

max melee stun, take the points from invisibility. you need aoe duration DNA on an even number since it ticks every two seconds.

#3 sias

sias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

max melee stun, take the points from invisibility. you need aoe duration DNA on an even number since it ticks every two seconds.

I don't want to be an ass, but max for melee stun at lv 72 is lv 5, so I can't max it more than max! (or are you looking at the picture instead of the link?)
And I don't want to be an ass again, but AoE duration DNA always goes up with 2 seconds, if it's not an even number, for example lv 3, then 2*3 = 6, which is still an even number as result.

So I'm not sure what you want to tell me here.. Either way you told me 2 total wrong things, or I'm missing the point somehow, but in that case, please explain me, because I really don't see it

Thank you for your reaction tho, and I hope you can explain yourself a little bit better, so I understand what you mean.

Edited by sias, 01 December 2010 - 12:33 PM.

#4 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'm looking at 79 build and yea that's right it does go up by two.

#5 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

I'm looking at 79 build and yea that's right it does go up by two.

u dont even play ur defi:D

#6 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

u dont even play ur defi:D

shhh

#7 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

For the melee stun id put 5 points. Its what Stilletx uses and reccomended to me...and she seems to do ok in pvp :P

#8 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

yea well she also puts more points into nukes doesnt she, so she would need those. Its up to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users