February 11th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 11th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

Really weird.

And I'm trying to keep the tinfoil hat off, but a little suspicious when combined with the timing last woe too.

#27 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

It's strange, we checked and double checked that the server times matched our local time after the various hardware upgrades and the DDOS. The times should be correct on the server (we still need to update it on the web server which is currently displaying the wrong time on the website but for whatever reason it seems like WoE ended early. It's not consistent for all castles which is additionally strange. We checked the various zones and they should indeed be in sync. We also checked to see if WoE's scripts were changed, but it's still properly set to 2 hours. It only lets you set the length of WoE in hours so it's not like some zones are set 3 minutes shorter. 

So we have no explanation yet... will it just stays the way it is? Will we just stay vulnerable to it happening each week?

We can see things are changing in the staff-to-players relationship and we appreciate it. So that's why I'll tell you straight - woe is the main reason me and my guildies still play this. If we can't be 100% sure WoE is functioning properly we kinda run out of reasons to put our time and effort here. I know it's not necessarily your fault, but a reassuring word would be really good.

Also, what about compensation for last woe? We were clearly, CLEARLY harmed by that malfunction. We spent a -_- ton of supplies and we counted on that castle to keep on. Isn't anything you guys can do? We can work on providing videos.

#28 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

WoE is the most important and most revenue based aspect of Classic. Should probably put major resources to ensuring it is working properly. Other then that great job guys! 

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

Rampage deserve something

#30 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

moved

Edited by lxst, 11 February 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#31 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

So we have no explanation yet... will it just stays the way it is? Will we just stay vulnerable to it happening each week?

We can see things are changing in the staff-to-players relationship and we appreciate it. So that's why I'll tell you straight - woe is the main reason me and my guildies still play this. If we can't be 100% sure WoE is functioning properly we kinda run out of reasons to put our time and effort here. I know it's not necessarily your fault, but a reassuring word would be really good.

Also, what about compensation for last woe? We were clearly, CLEARLY harmed by that malfunction. We spent a -_- ton of supplies and we counted on that castle to keep on. Isn't anything you guys can do? We can work on providing videos.

Rampage deserve something

I send a ticket just about that. We spend time, money and trust to play and this what happened. And you know what they said? They can not do anything.

I feel sometimes abandoned and hopeless in a situation of this because unfortunately I can not do anything.

I dont know how ou when but my guild deserve a refund about last 2 weekend woe.

Like Ryoma said: "We can work on providing videos."

#32 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

• happening now
    • Valentines day quest : can i get a guide, ya?   thx oda
    • box: deviling hat pls pls pls pls pls. <<<<this has not been in a box the entire time i've played this game. aside from a retro fire sale one time.
    • box : explosive gum an no chewing gum .... awwww  :(
    • Camps new quest thingy: soooo looking forward to this, or any other way of getting real slotted ele armors.
    • challenge dungeon  : kinda like not losing exp when i die there, buuuut i know a lot of ppl want exp.
    • Challenge Dungeon : are the difficulty vs drop rates on rare subject auras all proper? i know when we were discussing it originally camp, i think it was, suggested that it would either be higher drop rate but only drop one, or, low drop rate and drop for the entire party. as it is now it drops lower than card rate and only one (have not confirmed because i dont think anyone has gotten one yet)
  • hapening soontm
    • gsb hunt for noobs: a lot of ways to handle this, but if you want new guilds you must fix this problem. i think this is part of camps proposal
    • KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes
    • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, (themes new bg?)
    • Pets: some pets still dont give the intended buffs

• WoE TE: <<< only real idea i can come up with to help new guilds start up/learn

• far future

• New World - pushing for a new client / server for classic (i know you are, just want to let you know we want it too)

• Content Plans: i know its early but any thoughts on a challenge quest or instance? kinda a challenge dungeon like thing? any way of perhaps getting one of the new world mvps? just thoughts. 
  •  

Life: i would like mine back at some point. but there's too much to work on here in rune-midgard!

Edited by lxst, 11 February 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#33 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

This week we're adding in the new Valentines Quest! 

The Quest: Trouble in Poringdise! Deviling needs your help finding the perfect gift for Angeling!

Hi, will there be more information / guide posted about the quest, where to start or something?  And possible rewards? Thx in advance <3

This is the Explosive Chewing Gum lower headgear.

Hmm, imo, Chewing Gum is more worth it as a random lower for 300kp.  But nevertheless, thank you for the musketeer hat, greed scrolls, and more HE gums! :love:

This may have been mentioned but please check if the time server is synced correctly. I do not wish to see emp goes down early/late for the coming woes :)

+1

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:07 PM

I send a ticket just about that. We spend time, money and trust to play and this what happened. And you know what they said? They can not do anything.

I feel sometimes abandoned and hopeless in a situation of this because unfortunately I can not do anything.

I dont know how ou when but my guild deserve a refund about last 2 weekend woe.

Like Ryoma said: "We can work on providing videos."

this is not okay.

serious post coming.

#35 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Most of the recent quests (except for TLAPD) have been pretty good at directing you where to go. If you absolutely must have a guide, wait a few hours/days and there'll be one posted for Renewal (I think we're getting the same quest).

#36 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

I'm adding information on the new quest to this post 

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Okay, so.

I'd like to know why ~Rampage are being denied any form of compensation for the WoE 2 issue.

Here's the facts

- they were on an emp, unthreatened, undefended.

- we need more guilds in woe 2

FAQs

You know it's not fair to take the castle from the current owners, right?

- Correct! But it's equally as not fair to presume that the castle would have not been taken given how empty it was. Thus ownership should not be changed, but ~rampage should be rewarded treasure equal to as if they had taken it

There's too much treasure anyway/economy/loot

- That's not a question but dilligaf? Most castles are empty all WoE anyway and close to 100 econ. Who cares?

Why didn't they break the emp sooner?

- They don't have any god items or mvp cards to fight against any guild/alliance that is saturated with them. Hostaging and breaking at the last second is a vital tactic in small guild survival

They can go without, no biggie!

- It's a huge biggie! Not only do they miss out on the chances to get miniboss cards from OCAs, collect parts to work on their first god items and yggseeds/ berries to compete with, it's also extremely disheartening to not be rewarded when you did everything correctly.  Also you're a jerk for even thinking that.

You're their ally, give them some of your loot.

- Please. I already donate them god parts and offered to do creations. I was denied a fort in similar circumstances, but it doesn't affect my guild even a fraction as much as it affects a new guild. Also my guild is huge and I need everything I can get, especially when 4~5 man guilds are holding 6+ econs because of server inactivity.

Why are you posting for them?

- Because nobody is listening.

Why do you care?

- We need more guilds in WoE 2.

There is a precedent apparently for this happening in the past where the guildleader was given a week worth of loot. If so I'd like to claim mine too, but I'll just be happy if Rampage are rewarded.

Edited by Xellie, 11 February 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#38 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

Just to make it even more clear, we didn't even hostage the emp for too long. 20, maybe 30 seconds (more than enough for a solo breaker to break it, let alone a whole party). We just made sure to have killed each and every member of the defending guild (like we did the whole woe) and we were actually attacking the emp for a couple seconds when OUT OF -_- NOWHERE WoE ended earlier than it should, ONLY INTO THAT SPECIFIC REALM.

Seriously guys there are members who care. Some of them have to sacrifice some free time from a week full of work/college just to play with us, their friends. You have no damn clue how disappointing it was for them. 

#39 Sh4dd1x

Sh4dd1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBR
  • Server:Loki Classic

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

Serious I am really impressed about how the adm/gm team is ignoring our guild... Issue is there and this is not the 1st time..

No solution was given even a compensation for all this headache warpportal is giving us....

We dont need excuses we need solutions... we deserve that.

Edited by Sh4dd1x, 11 February 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

When it happened in the Event WoE it was "whatever, everything was dun goofed anyway", when it happened with the DDOS, there was almost an excuse (despite the precedent being to cancel WoE during such events), this time. No. Nothing.

If there's no reply on this by friday, I will consider not taking part in WoE 2. Alliance can have fun farming and fighting eachother for all I care.

#41 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

The truth is that Classic is ridiculously lucky for being the only official pre renewal server. Otherwise no one but the godamned 16 BG bots I reported yesterday would be playing this. People's patience have been tested to superhuman levels. Call me Shintani Gandhi from now on.

#42 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

I will be posting after maintenance. But I am kind of busy and cannot give this topic the long wordy post that it needs.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

Thanks camp, got an ETA on server up?

#44 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

Thanks camp, got an ETA on server up?

Well classic Prontera decided that it hates me today so I am trying to figure that out. Early in the in the maintenance Chaos character server ended up needing to be replaced.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞoɹɐuƃɐɹ

zY7JD30.jpg

???

Edited by Xellie, 11 February 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#46 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:31 PM

^^ server attacks campitor...... i suspect a wizard is involved.

Edited by lxst, 11 February 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#47 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:04 PM

Still working on it. making sure that the fixes for guardian stones and emperiums .. work.

Prontera, has decided it wants to play nice for now.

It should not be too much longer

#48 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

Check List

Lucky Box Works

Spotlight Warper Updated

Emperium/Guardian Stones Added to Drop Table

Resync'd zone clocks just in case

Challenge Dungeon Monsters gain EXP/jEXP of 5000/5000

January Groovepack Went Away

Valentines Day Quest went in (Succubus and Incubus Tames as reward)

#49 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

Check List

Lucky Box Works

Spotlight Warper Updated

How much Exp the challenge dungeon monsters used to give before?   :hmm:

lol, kinda funny to have those as rewards for Valentines day quest.    :ani_swt3:

#50 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

Check List

Lucky Box Works

Spotlight Warper Updated

Cool. The experience seems quite....low (bio3 monsters are ~100/100k and kasas are ~50/40k before server rates). I'm glad it got remembered though. I'm not saying they should be set super high, but it's a good incentive I could probably use my to get my friends to want to come....for example for similar amounts of experience you could be killing any of these.

Edited by Themes, 11 February 2016 - 07:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users