[Complete] Server Maintenance 2/12/2016 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Complete] Server Maintenance 2/12/2016

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Please be advised, there will be a short server maintenance on 2/12/2016 at 15:00 Server Time to fix a small issue in game. 

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter. 

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

Servers are up and running

Please update your game to version 0.4.39!

Changes:

- Fixed a small bug -

- Added a new NPC at Port of the Winds -

While we are working on a solution
for the temporary restrictions on IM Consumables

you can go to NPC Harvey and trade silver coins with

him for the following:

Enchant Insurance Scroll - 10 Silver Coins
Reinforced Enchant Insurance Scroll - 12 Silver Coins

Good Shop License - 20 Silver Coins

Soulcraft Randomizer - 35 Silver Coins

Pet Option Randomizer - 40 Silver Coins

W-Coin - 100 Silver Coins

Please know that all of these items are fully restricted - including the

account vault restriction. Also to prevent abuse we had to

account vault restrict the Silver Coins too.

Spoiler

- Daily Quest "Scroll down a bit..." -

As a compensation for the inconvenience while we

are working on a solution for the temporary restrictions

we re-activated the Quest "Scroll down a bit..."

From Level 40+ you can get 2 [Event] Enchant Insurance Scrolls

and 1 [Event] Reinforced Enchant Insurance Scroll

daily by just talking to NPC Gato in Port of the Winds

Important information for new players:

Please have a look at the red text in the description of the

[Event] Insurance Scrolls

Thank you for your patience and enjoy

the weekend. Happy Levelling.

#3 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

You might be angry because of that kind of question, but I really want to understand what is the point of view of the staff about this :

Also to prevent abuse we had to account vault restrict the Silver Coins too.

Is that actually possible to "abuse" the silver coins ? As far as I know, you won't increase your amount of silver coins by having multiple characters on your account, not like the [Event] IS and RIS since you need to play on the character in order to gather silver gasha coins.

I feel like every advantages I had for creating a character on the same account is slowly being lost, since I cannot transfer via account vault my silver gasha coins that I (hardly) farmed on that purpose, my event pets that I want to keep having on my side while playing an another of my character... :/

And don't tell me the account vault has still an use for transferring most of the other items, because you can already transfer your items, because we are already allowed to transfer our items without the account vault AND even between other accounts.

https://support.warp...n-accounts.aspx

Please keep in mind that it is not either ranting or complaining, but a lack of comprehension from the decisions taken that is making me really curious. ;)

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 12 February 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#4 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

Yup think so, you could make them into a big stack from all the farm chars of the account. After that you could transfer them all to any char of your account that you want to get masses! of free stuff for.

Now each char has to farm them for themselves and you just can't no longer farm with only one char per account to fill the needs of all chars on the account.

Guess it is to prevent people from "grabbing" all the good stuffs at once.......and so maybe fighting against an in-game economy "crash" of some sort....

#5 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

Yup think so, you could make them into a big stack from all the farm chars of the account. After that you could transfer them all to any char of your account that you want to get masses! of free stuff for.
Now each char has to farm them for themselves and you just can't no longer farm with only one char per account to fill the needs of all chars on the account.

Guess it is to prevent people from "grabbing" all the good stuffs at once.......and so maybe fighting against an in-game economy "crash" of some sort....

That's not like we can farm simultaneously on different characters of the same account.

So from what I understand, we're getting forced to play on only one char if we want to actually progress from now on, except if the 2 characters can farm gold easily.

That will probably make players bored from the game and leave.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 12 February 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#6 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

The benefit of an account vault is slowly losing its value with all these restrictions.  Kinda makes having multiple accounts on one ID pointless.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the staff's decision, but just an observation.

Edited by flubsy, 12 February 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

giggle, <cut>........is all I have to say. :p_smile:

Edit by Chimi: let's not bring this topic back up, at the risk of starting more drama

Edited by VModChimichanga, 12 February 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#8 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

Everything in there is a scam to even crash the market. Trading in souls with the silver coins is the most profitable thing to do, you can potentially just sell the souls and buy the items listed there, except the good shop license.

Regardless at the end of the day, Account vault expansion as an item is most likely losing purpose since an extreme amount of items are either soul bound or restricted. Many of the items that you can just toss in it and transfer over can be done by mailing.

#9 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

good thx for all your are doing and good luck with a solution

#10 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

giggle, <snippers>.........is all I have to say. :p_smile:

Those <snip> you are talking about were obtained by a quest that was supposed to be limited, not like the silver gasha coins are.

<snip>

Edit by Chimi: let's not bring this topic back up. We don't need the drama it would cause.

Edited by VModChimichanga, 12 February 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#11 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

Remember everyone. This is a temporary solution, just so the players who don't feel like spending money on the game have an alternate way to get these items while a proper solution is being worked on.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

Let's give a check on Harvey's wares:

Insurance and Re-Insurance: Not bad given the pricing.

Shop Liscense: Useful for selling items. Offline time and extra space.

Randomizers: Given its 1-4 per roll, might bother players with the price.

Pet Randomizers: I could kiss you for including these (Valentines is soon ;) ). It's 1 per roll regardless of option number so price is fair.

W-coins: Quite a lot for 1 mixboard attempt. Heck market selling mixables with them isn't worth the time either.

Overall, a good substitute with the commonly purchased items from the IM.

Edited by Coolsam, 12 February 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#13 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:21 AM

Yap, this is an ok solution, the prices follow the silver -> souls -> gold rate which is good, but since silver coins don't drop that much its going to be hard to get a meaningful amount of any item this way, except for the shop license which is already good as a single.

Restriction on silver coin is simply useless, no way to "abuse" that  as long as there ain't some bug I don't know about. Playing on one char and then wanting to have those insurances on another is surely not a bad thing? Especially with the silver coin drop rate.

#14 Usolando

Usolando

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:26 AM

[...] its going to be hard to get a meaningful amount of any item this way [...]

Remember that silver coins only are meant as an added bonus, not as something worth playing for in itself.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:47 AM

Remember that silver coins only are meant as an added bonus, not as something worth playing for in itself.

Obviously, but this was done as a sort of substitute to these items being in the market, where one could easily buy them in bulk. So it's not the same, but I recon it'll be fine for what it is meant to do.

#16 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

I swear you guys lose me with each "new solution" that you make.

I can't understand why now silver coins are seen as abuse? I have 4 characters on 1 account, of which 2 are playable while other 2 are for farming the skill cards. It is not my fault that this game doesn't have a different approach to that, so that I can farm any card on the character I want, but since I am forced to make an alt, I do expect to at least get the silver coins traded to a character who actually needs them. And don't you dare say how I abuse the trading of this silver coins from 1 character to the other, because I WASTED time farming them, I did earn those silver coins and now what.. another item that will collect dust. Or you think we would magically be able to buy that 1 woodi of 100 coins lol gosh, we would be rich! We mustn't have that!

One would think that making more characters to play with would actually bring you more money because you would spend money and time to build them up. This pretty much kills the freedom of choice and different gameplay, sometimes I like playing on a different class, sometimes on my main one, and it should be my choice whether or not I want to spend silver coins on an alt or on my main.

Well I guess I got another, and an even better reason to not buy the account vault. Now that there is barely anything left to trade anyway, why not just remove that?

They might be a bonus, but why does it matter if someone farms them or if someone farms gold ? Everyone farms in their own way, some farm on the windy farm, some spam f1 , some do dungeons for rare items, and if someone farms for the silver coins, why should that be a bad thing? Not everyone plans to conquer the world with silver coins, some of us are casual players, before thinking of how other might abuse that, try to keep in mind that if you try to subdue them, you will lose the others who try to enjoy the game at a slower pace. 

#17 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

In the general sense none of the changes would effect a casual DS player at all, since nothing in DS ,other than Elga and PvP, even requires IM items. The only people this effects are those that are trying to stay competitive in PvP without spending $ or spending as little as possible.

#18 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

you generalize Stormhaven, 

you think people use these coins only for pvp, which at least in Nephryl and my case is not true. We haven't seen any pvp since we moved here from EU server.

And we like to farm and "dress up" alt characters since main characters are already so full with items that there is no more room, so locking yet another item in the inventory is really starting to make the account vault obsolete.  Whether or not we farmed these coins before hand and we are now buying the said item with those should really make no difference to you. It should be a players choice, because by stacking, the coins do not multiply, they just.. stack.. you waste that amount and you are left with what's left. So I really don't see any abuse in this.I just see it as a way of people saving a bit of space.

If someone is going to farm for coins for 2 hours or 12, that is their choice and they earned those for the amount of time they invested.

#19 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Guys, I did not want to point this out in first place - but I guess I have to.

Silver Coins are stackable.

Many bad guys have done many bad things on this server in the recent past. I know for a fact stackable items were included in that crap.

Maybe the staff just wants to protect all of us from even more bad crap happening.

Yes, the fair playing players once again have to suffer from  this - I'm one of them.

But if a step like this is needed to protect this server from anything bad (including worst case - shutting it down for good because the whole in-game economy is broken "look at IAH"), I'm more than willing to suffer. If it's for a good purpose, I go on suffering.

#20 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

you generalize Stormhaven, 

you think people use these coins only for pvp, which at least in Nephryl and my case is not true. We haven't seen any pvp since we moved here from EU server.

And we like to farm and "dress up" alt characters since main characters are already so full with items that there is no more room, so locking yet another item in the inventory is really starting to make the account vault obsolete.  Whether or not we farmed these coins before hand and we are now buying the said item with those should really make no difference to you. It should be a players choice, because by stacking, the coins do not multiply, they just.. stack.. you waste that amount and you are left with what's left. So I really don't see any abuse in this.I just see it as a way of people saving a bit of space.

If someone is going to farm for coins for 2 hours or 12, that is their choice and they earned those for the amount of time they invested.

My statement literally started with "In the general sense". It was meant as a generalization.

Still unless you've got tons coins from previous events just scattered across characters that you planned on sending them all to 1 character then this change as 0 impact on the person.

Edited by StormHaven, 13 February 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#21 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

Guys, I did not want to point this out in first place - but I guess I have to.

Silver Coins are stackable.

Many bad guys have done many bad things on this server in the recent past. I know for a fact stackable items were included in that crap.

Maybe the staff just wants to protect all of us from even more bad crap happening.

Yes, the fair playing players once again have to suffer from  this - I'm one of them.

But if a step like this is needed to protect this server from anything bad (including worst case - shutting it down for good because the whole in-game economy is broken "look at IAH"), I'm more than willing to suffer. If it's for a good purpose, I go on suffering.

I still don't get how this is abuse.

stackable means: 

if i have 20 coins on one character, 3 on the other, 7 on the 3rd one, and 30 on 4th one, i can merge them in account vault to turn them into 60 coins.

desired item lets say costs 50 coins.

i take the coins out on a character I want that item on.

I buy the item.

I am left with 10 coins.

Back to farming.

I don't see a problem with this, I earned those coins either way whether I played on one character or 4.

account vault is the item that you pay for with real cash, so is a space that should allow you this kind of transaction.

This means the player is punished if lets say they want the item on that one character who only has 3 coins, so they are forced to grind to get the rest of the coins on that specific characters whether or not they feel like playing on that character or not at the time, while the coins on other characters take up space and collect dust.

It kinda feels like this is no longer a game but more like a 7th circle of hell XD.

Edited by sigeel, 13 February 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#22 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

Giggle, nah you didn't understand. :p_smile:

There was a bad thing happening that only worked for any items "stackable". The staff knows about that, they fixed it. But there are still many items in the game that are a "left over" of this bad happening. Silver coins are stackable, so...maybe...you know...that is what I was trying to say.

If they are involved in this bad happening and the staff knows about it, maybe that could be the reason for the restriction.

#23 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

I didn't even realize they were not restricted in the first place  :Emo_17: Besides, nearly every item you can get with silver coins can be transferred via account vault, so this looks like a bit too much of a fuss to me. Yes, it might be a little more inconvenient to farm more coins with alts and transfer the items after trading them, but it should still be possible. Or am I completely wrong?  :Emo_18:

#24 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

You can't account vault these items from Harvey. So ye if it's a problem with fraudulent coins flouting about then I can sort of understand. Although even in that case if you think from the point of view of someone who might have them they'd have ways to get around that and still get profit for their who knows how many coins (Enchant items with the insurances, spin big wheel, randomize stuff) so they wouldn't mind, while a person who never had access to endless resources would.

And what are you talking about Stormhaven, just because someones a "casual" player doesn't mean they don't

1. Want this stuff
  2. Deserve this stuff

This is more likely to effect a casual player, since they'd be I think more likely to test around different characters and just have fun , while maybe getting a few free insurances out of it for their main on the side. Someone that farms hardcore likely does that on his main and is probably not effected nearly as much relatively compared to the casual player.

It's not a big deal obviously, just can't rationalize it really. Right now what you can do is use your alts coins on souls, sell those and use the gold on something useful. That's a load of extra work right there though.

Edited by Precrush, 13 February 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#25 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

Ah, Harvey >.< not sure why I was thinking about vending machine, sowwy. Just forget me, I'm not here (lies). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users