Are there any gms in during the weekend? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are there any gms in during the weekend?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

enquiring minds would like to know...

#2 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

YES

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

I recall them saying they have an IT skeleton crew over the weekend, but the Support team (GMs) only works on weekdays.

#4 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

i guess thats a big no then?

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

It is rather odd that even when WP had plenty of GMs back in the day compared to now, they still insisted on only working on the weekdays. That part has never changed, to my knowledge.

#6 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

^a friend of mine got banned with no reason stated why he did.. he'ss a VIP player that has spend quite a bit on WPE.. You'd think they have at least 1 gm dealing with such mishaps in the weekend.

The whole world map is filled with bots and on facebook you see so many RMT happening, and nothing gets done about that... but someone that loathes bots, Even reports bots, and pays to play with vip and buys WPE, get banned.  So unfair.. Why can't the gm's do their job instead of annoying the -_- out of them during the weekend, and ban all the freaking bots..

I mean..they can ban someone in the weekend but not follow up the ticket in asking why the fork he got banned? F*cked up sh*t man.  

Things like this, makes me enraged, so completely unfair.  *shakse fist in air*

things like this Makes me wonder why I am still playing - pick 'n mix enforcing of rules by gm, the amount of bots that dont decrease, half arsed maint's that take a gazzillion years with duck-tape band-aid solutions to the problems..and the list goes on.. and on.. 

one big ol' WTF from me.

Does the GM team really want to anger real and paying players in quitting this game?

>.<   *bangs head*

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

I mean..they can ban someone in the weekend but not follow up the ticket in asking why the fork he got banned? F*cked up sh*t man.

Did they receive a notice from WP Support that they were banned or was it a pop-up in the login screen that said so? The login pop-up could've been automated during the weekday and your friend just didn't see it until he logged in during the weekend.

When I was hacked in WoW, I received an email notice stating that I was banned for such and such without any information as to who reported me. (I was able to get unbanned and all my lost items restored.) I don't think that's too much to ask of WP to be informative, but not too detailed about ban notifications. Unfortunately it seems they don't even want to exert the effort to do so and hide behind a "we want to protect the reporter" clause. You can inform the banned and still protect the reporter, it's not impossible.

#8 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Did they receive a notice from WP Support that they were banned or was it a pop-up in the login screen that said so? The login pop-up could've been automated during the weekday and your friend just didn't see it until he logged in during the weekend.

When I was hacked in WoW, I received an email notice stating that I was banned for such and such without any information as to who reported me. (I was able to get unbanned and all my lost items restored.) I don't think that's too much to ask of WP to be informative, but not too detailed about ban notifications. Unfortunately it seems they don't even want to exert the effort to do so and hide behind a "we want to protect the reporter" clause. You can inform the banned and still protect the reporter, it's not impossible.

while he was playing on friday he got logged out, and when logged back on he saw the bnotice that he was banned and send in a ticket, reply to that ticket is "we will investigate"- we allllllllllllllllllll know what that means, and how long thats gonna last... 

/facepalm

The reason of vague vague doesnt make sense at all.. >.<

-1 gm's -1

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

while he was playing on friday he got logged out, and when logged back on he saw the bnotice that he was banned and send in a ticket, reply to that ticket is "we will investigate"- we allllllllllllllllllll know what that means, and how long thats gonna last... 

/facepalm

The reason of vague vague doesnt make sense at all.. >.<

-1 gm's -1

So he was banned on a weekday, which still fits into the WP GM work schedule. Unfortunately he won't get response until Monday at the earliest. They should either have GMs work the weekends or don't ban on Fridays if players are forced to wait out a whole weekend for ban responses. It's really silly that they've refused to change this policy after 10+ years of players vocalizing it's bad customer service.

#10 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

he'ss a VIP player that has spend quite a bit on WPE..
and pays to play with vip and buys WPE, get banned.  So unfair.. Why can't the gm's do their job instead of annoying the -_- out of them during the weekend, and ban all the freaking bots..
Does the GM team really want to anger real and paying players in quitting this game?

Giving WP money does not and should not have any effect on how a GM treats you, assuming of course the GM in question is competent.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

it does

source : I stopped spending money on this game summer last year.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

Giving WP money does not and should not have any effect on how a GM treats you, assuming of course the GM in question is competent.

Since they've supposedly outsourced their GM team, none of them would see your money anyhow.

#13 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

fixed

#14 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

So he was banned on a weekday, which still fits into the WP GM work schedule. Unfortunately he won't get response until Monday at the earliest. They should either have GMs work the weekends or don't ban on Fridays if players are forced to wait out a whole weekend for ban responses. It's really silly that they've refused to change this policy after 10+ years of players vocalizing it's bad customer service.

It's disrespectful, ban them on monday with the reasoning not on friday and let them rot and worry the whole weekend. Specially if you spended tons of money on it.

#15 bravewarrior

bravewarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

i hope gm will blow up the reason in this thread..  :p_idea:

#16 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

Gm wont blow up reason...

Gm totally incompetent in this case...

I have some questions about this as well, so yeah would love to have a GM peep his/her head in here.. 

They could have easily waited til monday, and just talk to the person online through the game - its not like he was never online in the first place.. 

#17 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

It's sad that there's times when they don't have gms on. If you're running something that is available 24/7/365 with the exception of maintenances that has a international player base, they should have full gm and IT support at all times.

#18 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

Well they only have arround 12 GM's for all there games but i lucky did get a response on Sunday and my main account was unlocked, tho im still waiting on the other account linked to my main to be unlocked, and the reason behind the ban was i somehow bought an "illegal" item from a player a few weeks ago and they removed that item from my account. Soo now i get to see what happens next. either i get totally screwed and lose a few hundred mill or i get compensated.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

what was the item

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Prepare for a backlog of tickets again because WP apparently picked up Metal Assault.

#21 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

what was the item

I dunno if friend is gonna anwser that, but afaik, its an item GMs shouldnt even bloody worry about.. they should worry about all the fake MVP cards and thousands of Bots and whatnot.

Let me just say,... be careful of what you trade another person..  it really doesnt matter what you trade if gms want your cookies, they will ban you for it.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 February 2016 - 01:46 AM.
Language, replaced. Who doesn't want cookies?

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

well it'd be interesting to see what the item was and/or what made it "illegal"

was it duped? if so, who is duping hundred million zeny items? if ur gonna do that go for mvps or something.

#23 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

enquiring minds would like to know...

Yes, there are GMs who answer tickets during weekends.

#24 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:57 AM

I sent in a ticket and a VAS service request on Saturday night, both were replied to by Sunday afternoon. So yes there are GMs working over the weekend, it's just for more serious issues like an account ban they most likely can't reply right away.

In your case, how can you be sure your friend wasn't involved in anything illegit? Banning people is part of the GMs jobs too.

Edited by hotel, 15 February 2016 - 03:48 AM.

#25 randstad

randstad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:07 AM

^a friend of mine got banned with no reason stated why he did.. he'ss a VIP player that has spend quite a bit on WPE.. You'd think they have at least 1 gm dealing with such mishaps in the weekend.

The whole world map is filled with bots and on facebook you see so many RMT happening, and nothing gets done about that... but someone that loathes bots, Even reports bots, and pays to play with vip and buys WPE, get banned.  So unfair.. Why can't the gm's do their job instead of annoying the -_- out of them during the weekend, and ban all the freaking bots..

Things like this, makes me enraged, so completely unfair.  *shakse fist in air*

things like this Makes me wonder why I am still playing - pick 'n mix enforcing of rules by gm, the amount of bots that dont decrease, half arsed maint's that take a gazzillion years with duck-tape band-aid solutions to the problems..and the list goes on.. and on.. 

one big ol' WTF from me.

>.<   *bangs head*

Alot peoples around getting banned they just tell reason &  wont give up proof against player  I dont know whats happening are they retards or duno whats wrong with them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users