Update Notes for Pegasus - Page 3 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Update Notes for Pegasus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

Technically there isn't one.

You want dGhost for HoO Mobs + I think dPoison for HoO Bosses.

You'd also want Either dHoly or dSorcery for CoU. But for some reason oFire seems to work really good against the spiders.

so on so forth. In the end, you're probly going to have 2 armor sets and 3 weapons if you want to [min max] your stuff. But ultimately just using a good 'spread' of elements from your equipment + skills [+ammo if you use it] will enable you plenty of damage and defenses. 

#52 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:05 AM

Technically there isn't one.

You want dGhost for HoO Mobs + I think dPoison for HoO Bosses.

You'd also want Either dHoly or dSorcery for CoU. But for some reason oFire seems to work really good against the spiders.

so on so forth. In the end, you're probly going to have 2 armor sets and 3 weapons if you want to [min max] your stuff. But ultimately just using a good 'spread' of elements from your equipment + skills [+ammo if you use it] will enable you plenty of damage and defenses. 

I'll keep this noted. Thank man.

#53 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:40 AM

Raiders:

Using Cloaking then breaking it with Stealth causes a bug that allows Raiders to attack and use skills without the limit to be revealed.

#54 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)
  • Server:Arua

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

So here's some stats that alter when I use a little dealer that I have and he uses his current buffs - on the left are server Arua on the right is server Pegasus.

Arua                              Pegasus
Attack          475            Attack                   443
Accuracy    1198            Accuracy            1146
Critical        10%            Critical                 4.88%    
Aspeed        29%            Aspeed per sec  0.63    

Solo levelling is how I usually play - I do join in parties, so I have occasionally played with the massive benefits that parties have over solo playing.

I'm not going into anything else with this post with regard to all the different items that people have been discussing in this topic other than just looking at the above figures.

Previously with all the other changes to the game, solo players have been messed with in a big way, making it a lot harder to play solo and ended up emphasising that parties were the only really fast way to level up in the game or to stay alive while playing.

Solo play levelling, especially if your characters are not blinged up to the nines, has been really poor and too much of a grind - which has affected me in how often I have been playing over the last few years.

I don't play as much any more due to those previous alterations to the game, changes that have caused it to become a more of a grinding game all the time and no longer as much fun.

Just looking at the above figures, the new amendments that are due to come are just going to make things even worse for solo play, even more of a grind and the characters are just not going to be able to kill or stay alive, unless they are blinged to the nines.

I dread it for playing after these changes come in and I for one am not looking forward to these changes - remember that I'm only commenting on the above stat figures - not any of the other skill changes etc that seem to coming in.

Edited by Tormented, 06 March 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#55 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

>Solo play

Remember this is an MMORPG. If it will be your basis, I'm sad to tell you but it's not a valid argument.

As for the "grind" thing, yeah, I don't like that as well. I smell like IM is taking over some part of the next update.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 08 March 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#56 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Neither side is above the other. So please stop arguing or disputing the legitimacy of one's opinion based on your own interpretation of what an MMORPG's servicing goals are.

@Tormented.

Part of the update it seems in functioning as intended. The reason the buffs were altered in the manner they were [I'm speaking about moving from a percentage with static amount to percentage plus a variable percentage] was to eliminate that explosion of power at the lower and mid-range level tiers. I know that reason hasn't been published very clearly, but it was stated to be intentional. 

That part addressed, something you may find pleasing [or not if you're like me] is that the exact same buff that was provided to you on your testing, would be significantly stronger on a higher level character judging by your very low base AP amounts. Which was the other half of the equation. They wanted a system that still gave incentive to use buffs at low levels, without taking away the impact they have on end-game. [This is also working, but I personally feel having buffs scaling in excess of 15% or more compared to the IM boosters is drastically too much, and have even requested in the past the all buffs be decreased by half]. I've seen some buffs scaling as high as 65%. And we're talking about maximum HP buffs on a Knight [getting 60-70k+ HP]. 

So over-all buffs are where they were before, depending on the average. Early game they're less. Mid game they can be within a few %, and late game, well they're blatantly over-powered. 

#57 Negg

Negg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

charm is a powerful stat in this game :D

Edited by Negg, 09 March 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

Yes, too powerful in my opinion. I'd already requested that DoT damage come from a different source, but they wanted to keep the CHA = Status effect modifier = DoT's are Status'. 

Sadly SEN LOST one of it's features and so did CON.

SEN lost it's defensive Crit [This was given to CHA....] 

CON lost it's offensive Crit [.....great]

CON only adds accuracy.

SEN only adds crit + 1ap:10 points

Over-all

STR: Maximum HP, Defense, Carry Weight, HP Recovery

INT: Maximum MP, M.Defemse, MP Recovery

DEX: Dodge

CON: Accuracy

SEN: Critical

CHA: Heal Amount, Buff + Debuff Amount, DoT Amount, HoT Amount, Critical Defense

As you can see, DEX classes should be focused on other stats, and Guns well.... CON + DEX [both their AP stats] are going to suffer the most. 

#59 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:09 AM

I got an email from warpportal that this update will be live this month. Is that correct?

#60 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

I got an email from warpportal that this update will be live this month. Is that correct?

Right now the ROSE team is aiming for the update to be live by the end of the month. We will be making announcements once we have an exact release date. 

#61 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:06 AM

Right now the ROSE team is aiming for the update to be live by the end of the month. We will be making announcements once we have an exact release date.

Oh wow

#62 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

Minor update:

After some PvP testing, purify adding a status resistance may not actually be required, and the cleric has access to 3 purify's on separate CD's, one of which being a very low CD. With the new block scaling, DoT's + status are rendered ineffective against any shield bearing class, making their need for further protection ill-advised. 

#63 hasemele

hasemele

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTraining Grounds
  • Server:arua

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

About junon cartel we cant use egg or anything like instant pot for pvping?

#64 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:34 PM

About junon cartel we cant use egg or anything like instant pot for pvping?

Correct, Junon Cartel conforms strictly to Game Arena rule sets and item bans. If you can't use it in the Game Arena, you can't use it in JC. 

#65 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Pegasus has been updated with fixes for the following issues:

• Some Paradigm Runes cannot be empowered past grade [2], or have very low success rates at low grades.
  • Cloaking effect does not cancel after subsequent skill casts.
  • Damage over Time effects applied by monsters in non-PvP zones does not apply damage when monster has been killed.
  • Referee NPCs near Junon Cartel safe zones interfere with buffing and skill casts.
  • Group member HUD does not display member HP/MP bars correctly for groups larger than three members.
  • A number of event items from Thanksgiving, Halloween and 10th Anniversary are missing icons, names or generally not functioning correctly.

#66 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:50 AM

To be honest, im hyped for the update! Still havent test everything yet, but it looks good tho!

#67 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Hey, I'm going to be hosting another live-stream on twitch this sunday @ 1AM server time [GMT-8]. If you want to get in on a hopefully CD or AA match, join in. If you have questions, or concerns also feel free to join and ask in twitch chat as well. 

#68 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:29 AM

I was trying to empower a rune today. Costed me around 40k to get it +50 then costed me another 10k to get it +51. The percantages are pretty low.. Or is there a way to increase the %? And also maybe lower the cost of the empower material? Its 8 honor now, but i noticed u changed it from 6 to 8 already.... :p_cry:

And i personaly think there shouldnt be a TG and JC. Just JC only. But if u keep them both, then i think u should give JC a different design. Because TG should be a PvP designed map and JC a war desinged (if thats what its ment for).

:p_laugh:

#69 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

JC is not designed specifically for wars. The original concept was a place where IM or event items had no baring and conformed to GA rules. This is to allow legitimate practice for GA modes and build testing or practice. 

#70 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

Raider's Enfeeblement & Mental Storm should both share cooldown with (Unique) Crippling Storm, but not with each other.

They should be on seperate cooldown as long as Crippling Storm is not cast.

Reproduce:

Spoiler

#71 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

The reason Enfeeblement and Mental Storm share a cooldown is so you have to pick between them.

If they didn't share a cooldown, then you'd effectively have 2 Crippling Storms, by casting Enfeeblement, then Mental Storm. Once the duration runs out, you recast Crippling Storm, effectively double applications of the skill. That's what makes Crippling Storm a unique skill, is you get both, instead of choosing which one to use. 

#72 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

I think they're should be on seperate cooldown while still share cooldown with Crippling Storm.

So you can still pick either, but once you cast one of them, Crippling Storm will be on cooldown as well.

By this, there're 3 patterns:

1. Cast Enfeeblement > Crippling Storm cools down (Mental Storm can still be cast)

2. Cast Mental Storm before Crippling Storm finishes cooling down > Enfeeblement still cools down, while Crippling Storm resets the cooldown period to match Mental Storm's

3. Cast Crippling Storm > Both Enfeeblement & Mental Storm will be on cooldown

※1 & 2 are applied the same to Mental Storm.

So I think the use of Crippling Storm will be limited this way (Chance to have doubled cooldown by using Enfeeblement & Mental Storm consecutively).

#73 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

This is happening not only on raider class but also like Bourgeois class; Reflect Aura share same cooldown with Weapon Augment and Illusion vice versa. My thought about this before was they intended to share its cooldown for tactics/balance purposes.

#74 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

I think they're should be on seperate cooldown while still share cooldown with Crippling Storm.

So you can still pick either, but once you cast one of them, Crippling Storm will be on cooldown as well.

By this, there're 3 patterns:

1. Cast Enfeeblement > Crippling Storm cools down (Mental Storm can still be cast)

2. Cast Mental Storm before Crippling Storm finishes cooling down > Enfeeblement still cools down, while Crippling Storm resets the cooldown period to match Mental Storm's

3. Cast Crippling Storm > Both Enfeeblement & Mental Storm will be on cooldown

※1 & 2 are applied the same to Mental Storm.

So I think the use of Crippling Storm will be limited this way (Chance to have doubled cooldown by using Enfeeblement & Mental Storm consecutively).

Then there is no point to having Crippling Storm at all. Essentially, removing the shared CD, = deletion of the unique skill. 

#75 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:04 PM

Upon testing Paradigm Runes on Pegasus, I can say they are pretty powerful and worth to invest with and would like to see more in the future. The only downsides in my opinion are; First, the level it needs to activate its full capability, empowering it until level 100 is way too long. Second, the success rate when you reach level 50 is obviously very low, I have Precise Force of Divination [53] and I tried making it to [54], it says 20.5%, this is absurd.

Paradigmatic Fragment costs 8 Honor Points, you can say that this is really affordable but again the success rate is horrible compared to refining your armors/weapons to +15. On top of that, both paradigm runes and empowerment material are character locked on acquire, this is ridiculous. Please make an adjustment, tbh I appreciate these paradigm runes but the process involved to unlock its full power is absurd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users