Update Notes for Pegasus - Page 4 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Update Notes for Pegasus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#76 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

'Absurd' is a good word for it. Expensive, illogical, unobtainable are a few others. 

#77 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

Then there is no point to having Crippling Storm at all. Essentially, removing the shared CD, = deletion of the unique skill. 

Is it the same to Shield Spikes for Knight or skill for Launcher Bourg?

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 21 March 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#78 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

For Bourge:

Gun-

Reflect + Dodge share Cooldown.

Cannon-

Def/M.Def + Movespeed share Cooldown.

Scout:

Guard + Reflect share Cooldown.

Knight:

Guard + Reflect do not share Cooldown. [this is probably an over-sight, however the unique does proc the cooldowns on both]

Raider:

Evasive Guard + Mirror Phantasm share Cooldown [note: Evasive Guard + Mirror Phantasm now have different Dodge values, causing a choice between more dodge, or less with more def]

So to answer your question, yes it is a theme that is relevant throughout all classes with these types of skills. 

#79 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:37 AM

Are the gears updated on Pegasus?

#80 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

Upon testing Paradigm Runes on Pegasus, I can say they are pretty powerful and worth to invest with and would like to see more in the future. The only downsides in my opinion are; First, the level it needs to activate its full capability, empowering it until level 100 is way too long. Second, the success rate when you reach level 50 is obviously very low, I have Precise Force of Divination [53] and I tried making it to [54], it says 20.5%, this is absurd.

Paradigmatic Fragment costs 8 Honor Points, you can say that this is really affordable but again the success rate is horrible compared to refining your armors/weapons to +15. On top of that, both paradigm runes and empowerment material are character locked on acquire, this is ridiculous. Please make an adjustment, tbh I appreciate these paradigm runes but the process involved to unlock its full power is absurd.

Agree.

#81 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:27 AM

Agree.

Disagree,

the runes should be hard to get,

what other item / refine in game is super easy to get when you just spam? everyone has the same gear,

not like the old days where seeing a high refined weapon was amazing and rare! I think there needs to be something similar, like refining of weapons should have a super low chance to get to a refine 9, as it just gets like spam fest of mats and Well done you got max refine... how boring, its good to see only maybe a few players that would have a high grade rune, maybe not so many levels, and just speed up the upgrade process... i would suggest 50 and double each increment of stat compared to level 100 and still keep it very hard to achieve... 

#82 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

You're looking at this comparatively to a single rune, when there's at minimum 4 slots they go in, completing 1 set, of 1 type [pvp or pve]. Meaning you're going to be heavily locked in on that one game content aspect [in order to hit the numbers I projected]. All, for a single character.

The issue isn't 'is /shoould it be hard', the question is, is it even possible. 

#83 3942130124084145663

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

@borgahutt

what you suggest literally make "poor" and "rich" player gap become much bigger. Even with hard upgrade chance, it is STILL about how much money you can spend to get +15 because they provide IM.  I never consider people with high refined weapon is amazing, they are just richer, that's all.

Anyway, i expect there will be some IM to increase those chance.

Edited by 3942130124084145663, 03 April 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#84 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:54 AM

Then there is no point to having Crippling Storm at all. Essentially, removing the shared CD, = deletion of the unique skill. 

I don't know how much you know about this game, but tell that to the following skills:

• Shield Spikes
  • Berserker's Cry
  • Battle Ritual
  • Enlightenment Ritual
  • Reinforcement Ritual
  • Cunning Ritual
  • Swift Ritual
  • Divine Ritual
  • Web Arrow (PvM)
  • Reflective Guard
  • Judgment Tome
  • Web Arrow (PvP)

The reason for all of these is "speed casting"

But yeah, you're right. You can only choose one between Enfeeblement and Mental Storm, like how you need to choose from Bourg's. But I still think this is unnecessary.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 25 March 2016 - 09:52 PM.

#85 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

Disagree,

the runes should be hard to get,

what other item / refine in game is super easy to get when you just spam? everyone has the same gear,

not like the old days where seeing a high refined weapon was amazing and rare! I think there needs to be something similar, like refining of weapons should have a super low chance to get to a refine 9, as it just gets like spam fest of mats and Well done you got max refine... how boring, its good to see only maybe a few players that would have a high grade rune, maybe not so many levels, and just speed up the upgrade process... i would suggest 50 and double each increment of stat compared to level 100 and still keep it very hard to achieve... 

Getting a max rune with these low percentages propably gonna cost 1m+ honor. i already spend 150k empowering 55 to 60

#86 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

It takes about 500,000 honor to be more precise. Per rune that is. with 4 slots, and needing 2 sets [pvp and pve] you'll need 8 runes. 8 * 500,000 = 4,000,000 honor. 

4,000,000 / 200 [average honor / valor per GA mode] = 20,000 games played.

20,000 [total games] / 4 [games a day] = 5,000 days played.

ROSE launch date: December 1st 2005.

Current Date: March 25 2016

Current age: 10 years 3 months 24 days

or 3,767 days

Which means if you had been saving Honor points since the start of ROSE in 2005, you would STILL not have enough to buy the 8 runes today. 10 years later.

10 years. That's how long you can expect to wait, until you obtain 2 sets of EQ with all 4 paradigm slots maxed. If not more. 

#87 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:25 AM

sounds like a good challenge :)

#88 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:59 AM

So they set a challenge.

Maybe there're gonna be new games or new ways to earn more honor/valor pts :)

#89 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

sounds like a good challenge :)

And what if I said that I'll be intensely encouraging Genesis to run regular scans on the logs to verify that no one, absolutely no one, has a +100 rune within the first 5 months of release. 

Because we do know that some players [addicted *cough* Binsy *cough*] can indeed farm 30k in a month using their optimal set-ups. EVEN still, at running an intense volume of Arena's, that's a total estimated time of about 5-7 months. 

And I say this because, no matter how affirmatively it is dismissed, I firmly believe there are still duplicators in our market. I think they've just managed to get smart about it, and increasingly hard to catch. But IF, and I mean a LARGE if, there are indeed dupers around, it would be incredibly easy for them to duplicate honor gears for dis-assembly and just buy their stones within a week or two [doing it discretely]. 

Anyway. The price would have been great, if it was 8 years ago where the market norm was a grindfest. But today, people literally do not have time for that. Especially the demographic of ROSE. Despite it being designed for a younger crowd, the game is majority populated by late teens and adults. Most of whom work for a living and simply don't have 6 hours a day to play ROSE for the next 10 years. It's unfeasible, and borderline insane [should it be kept, in my opinion]. If you want to have a formal debate about it, we can start a topic about it and I will do my best to present you a strong defense of the position that they should not take any more than a 'normal' month to two months, per rune. [Which would place it at about 6months to 8 months for a single set pieces, and a bit over a year for 2 sets [one pvp and one pve]]

Edited by Feuer, 26 March 2016 - 03:11 AM.

#90 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:50 AM

As lalalalala said maybe there're gonna be new games or new ways to earn more honor/valor pts or we still don't know what else the ROSE Team planning to release together with these updates. So its hard to comment on this issue but if they really not planning to expand another dungeon, level cap, planet or ways to gain more/fast valor/honor pts then this update will absolutely kill the game.

If we stick to what we have in Pegasus right now, its completely over kill so its not a good challenge, what's the good there, oh come on let's be true here and stop being hypocrite. If you're going to run a survey in game about this rune [how it can be acquired including its process to empower] (because I'm pretty sure 90% of the population don't know what's going to happen, they are still ignorant), you will get negative feedback.

#91 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

run scans as many as u want but maybe there are people with a storage full of honor gear just waiting for disassembling - maybe there are still players with 50.000 honor UW chars, but sure log it^^

Edit: And dupers you can ofc ban where ever you find them!

Edited by iMatt, 26 March 2016 - 05:16 AM.

#92 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:09 AM

run scans as many as u want but maybe there are people with a storage full of honor gear just waiting for disassembling - maybe there are still players with 50.000 honor UW chars, but sure log it^^

just like your char storage :P 

#93 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

just like your char storage :P

:hmm: :dunno:

#94 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

She's saying that you've been stock piling honor items, but let's be serious for a moment again shant we?

You only get 30% of your honor refunded when you dis-assemble. In effect, 1/3 back. Which means you need 300% / 3x more to get the same amount out of it as you wish to spend.

This means, 500,000 * 3 = 1,500,000 honor, estimated, to get a rune. If you say that ANYONE has 1,500,000 items worth of honor in storage, then I would be forced to call you a liar.

If you wanted to calculate that into an item, let's just say you bought nothing but 220 chest pieces. 

They cost, 2307 honor [let's just round it to 2300 for math reasons]

1,500,000 / 2300 = 652 items.

40 slots per storage page.

652 / 40 = 16 pages.

Well, 16 sounds like a do-able number. Seems small, until you actually look at just how VAST that amount is. So here's a visual for you.

2yvv6e0.png

That's 16 pages, 40 items a page, 652 slots total.

If you think I'd ever believe that someone, has in their CHARACTER storage, 652 chest pieces stored, I'd love to see a VIDEO of it. I really would. Because 1, I would commend them for an almost inhuman level of dedication, but also be able to weigh them and their activities against those who are almost unknown completely but will say 'i earned these legitimately'. [Being if suspicious conditions arise]. 

#95 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

Im 100% sure that there will be honor points available on IM.......so, someone could get those runes in just 10minutes of buying IM.

Same as the idea of clan skills...that starts with the idea of making people play more to achieve goals....but then they release those same clan points on IM and .......now you have some clans with all passives because they bought almost all the points needed for it (im not against those clans, some of my chars are on them...but..where s the effort???)

Really, i was expecting ROSE to improve, but in another way..., to increase lvl cap and have more maps, another planet etc..why they keep working on making changes on builds/skills/gems/etc instead of making new content??.....

#96 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Im 100% sure that there will be honor points available on IM.......so, someone could get those runes in just 10minutes of buying IM.

Same as the idea of clan skills...that starts with the idea of making people play more to achieve goals....but then they release those same clan points on IM and .......now you have some clans with all passives because they bought almost all the points needed for it (im not against those clans, some of my chars are on them...but..where s the effort???)

Really, i was expecting ROSE to improve, but in another way..., to increase lvl cap and have more maps, another planet etc..why they keep working on making changes on builds/skills/gems/etc instead of making new content??.....

Citation please? What evidence do you have that supports your claim that honor will be available in the IM. 

#97 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:17 AM

I'm not saying it should take as much as it does now - however please introduce something in game that is just down to hard work and gameplay from characters - not influenced by IM at all! I remember before when refine 9 was almost impossible to get and if someone had it , it was a huge deal and most would settle for (7) , I want it to be like that again and a fun thing to try and achieve , not just spam spam , well done max level

#98 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:18 AM

Maybe there will come a clan skill where u get more Valor/Honor for the dailys.

But dont to forget..there are also other things u need ur Valor/Honor points for. Equipment,Bindrunes,Talisman,Gems,Skillz,The new Elemental Scrolls not to forget.

So..  if they dont want us to hunt 10 years+ for those new paradigm stuff im sure they find a way to earn more Valor / Honor...at the end..i Hope they do .

#99 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:14 AM

no statbuffers in junon cartel please and no pernament safe zone please, i wanna be able to train like game arena there. Thanks!

Edited by angeltje, 27 March 2016 - 02:18 AM.

#100 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

I also agree, permanent respawn protection is a horrible idea. For the sake of preventing people from setting up a 'camp' inside JC, that allows them to buff themselves, and take advantage of other people without them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users