Update Notes for Pegasus - Page 5 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Update Notes for Pegasus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#101 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

I was also hoping for IP restriction for JC but meh

#102 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:21 AM

I was also hoping for IP restriction for JC but meh

Good Idea, I support this

#103 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:54 AM

Isnt venom knife too op?

#104 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:58 AM

Yes, it's going to get fixed lol

#105 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:25 AM

no statbuffers in junon cartel please and no pernament safe zone please, i wanna be able to train like game arena there. Thanks!

isnt the respawn in game arena a safe point where all buff and camp?

#106 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

isnt the respawn in game arena a safe point where all buff and camp?

in game arena you arent supposed to join a second (or more) char for just buffing, just saying.

#107 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

I had a discussion with Genesis about adding an IP restriction to JC, the problem of this would be that it would require a completly restructured/coded area - JC is just there for adding another playground for PvP players where they can troll around and have fun outside of PvP Arena Games; based on that I think adding a save zone is totally fine considering it is supposed to be just another Training Ground with slightly different restrictions.

#108 itsvictor808

itsvictor808

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

Good update, Does this mean a skill reset? How about resistance on These elements?

#109 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

JC is just there for adding another playground for PvP players where they can troll around and have fun outside of PvP Arena Games

That is Not what we wanted. We wanted a place to practice legitimate GA PvP. Adding the ability to safeguard stat buffers compromises the ability to do this. 

based on that I think adding a save zone is totally fine considering it is supposed to be just another Training Ground with slightly different restrictions.

Based on your misrepresentation of the original purpose of the map you mean.

Here's were JC stands right now.

1: Safeguarded Stat buffer locations allow the owners to log them into JC, and never have to worry about them dying.
2: JC removes all buffs upon entry.
3: This enables people with stat buffs to over-power these players without them. And now, these players can't even fight back with the use of boosters. Even if they could, boosters are now much weaker than Class Buffs.

Effectively, what this has 'evolved' into, is an exact clone of Training Grounds, that panders to Class Buffers and removed food. That is all it is now. And it's a shame, because the premise for it has been completely ignored. It is not a place to troll around, at least it wasn't intended to be. You have heavily mis-characterized the purpose of it to suite an agenda the does not reflect what the community asked for. 

We wanted an equal terms place, where GA Rules were set, and PvP was to be about your own characters strength, not that of IM or other characters you use as items [Class Buffers]. 

So. Is a safe-spawn fine? Yes. there is one in TG already. And with the new NPC's you'll be able to safely retreat if you need to.
Is a permanent zone where you can camp buffers inside JC fine? Absolutely not. That is what's being said. 

Edited by Feuer, 27 March 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#110 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:34 PM

That is Not what we wanted. We wanted a place to practice legitimate GA PvP. Adding the ability to safeguard stat buffers compromises the ability to do this.

Based on your misrepresentation of the original purpose of the map you mean.

Here's were JC stands right now.

1: Safeguarded Stat buffer locations allow the owners to log them into JC, and never have to worry about them dying.
2: JC removes all buffs upon entry.
3: This enables people with stat buffs to over-power these players without them. And now, these players can't even fight back with the use of boosters. Even if they could, boosters are now much weaker than Class Buffs.

Effectively, what this has 'evolved' into, is an exact clone of Training Grounds, that panders to Class Buffers and removed food. That is all it is now. And it's a shame, because the premise for it has been completely ignored. It is not a place to troll around, at least it wasn't intended to be. You have heavily mis-characterized the purpose of it to suite an agenda the does not reflect what the community asked for.

We wanted an equal terms place, where GA Rules were set, and PvP was to be about your own characters strength, not that of IM or other characters you use as items [Class Buffers].

So. Is a safe-spawn fine? Yes. there is one in TG already. And with the new NPC's you'll be able to safely retreat if you need to.
Is a permanent zone where you can camp buffers inside JC fine? Absolutely not. That is what's being said.

I totally support this. Would be pointless to make jc at all tbh if people could camp with their buffers. Cause then it loses it the point of making it.

#111 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

that is why IP restriction should be implemented also

#112 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

I'm going to have to address buffs again aren't I.... [as a system feature]... why... why do I have to keep pointing into the correct direction constantly. 

#113 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:35 PM

you mean into your direction?

#114 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

The original purpose for JC was to prevent pple from using boosters/eggs in wars (thanks to VisitorX). Not to become a practice zone. Its still TG war zone

#115 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:40 AM

But "Training" from "Training Ground" means "Practice" right?

#116 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:45 AM

More the way it was supposed to be in the first place. If you want buffs ect there is tg otherwise there is jc.

#117 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

No Matt, I'm a community Representative. err-go I talk to people, collect their opinions, and present them as feedback.

In-case you hadn't noticed, everyone outside the PvP elitest clan agenda is incredibly irritated with the way JC has been hijacked and converted into just another place for TT, buff superiority, and gang tactics. Do I agree with what they're saying, largely yes. But that doesn't do anything. I'm still going to represent the opinions I've had spoken or directed at me, and I'm not going about it with a secret agenda to give myself a feature with a personal advantage.

*shrug*, maybe it's just me, but I take the community's feedback serious. And seeing it get ignored or dismissed as 'Feuer's opinion' does a huge disservice to the people who voiced their opinions, and influenced my motion to present their claims. It's not just insulting to me, but to the players and community you yourself are supposed to be representing. 

And here's SOME of my citations, from this thread alone.

I totally support this. Would be pointless to make jc at all tbh if people could camp with their buffers. Cause then it loses it the point of making it.

that is why IP restriction should be implemented also

Edited by Feuer, 28 March 2016 - 06:35 AM.

#118 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

But "Training" from "Training Ground" means "Practice" right?

booom! I hope they get it now  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:    :heh:  lmfao

#119 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

i have a question about the paradigm gems/runes. i dont know why..but i thought they will get an extra slot in the EQ/Weapon for this runes?!?

But atm they just displace the actuell slottet gems. if this should be right then i wonder at what point are the paradigm runes better then the gems we have?

for example the defense rune vs po7. at what refine will the rune be better then this gem?

with the fact that it will come very hard and long to get those runes in higher lvls...i wonder if its rly worth going with those runes.

#120 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

Yes they displace and outclass common gems (in later stages)

They are totally worth getting!

#121 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

About JC, to me it would make sense to add an ip restriction to it, the save zone I don't really mind, considering many people playing from different continets with up to 200ms delay just from the distance, those players would need a spawn protection and as mentioned all PvP Arena Games have those zones too!

I'm wondering if you guys are moaning about the protection zone or the not existing IP restriction now?

About those citations:

CottonCandy - you claim to be his teacher

Angeltje - Last sentence I remember was "I assist him in his stream", does she represent her own opinion or is she influenced by you?

Apart from that: I would love IP restrictions, but think that a save zones is essential!

#122 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

About JC, to me it would make sense to add an ip restriction to it, the save zone I don't really mind, considering many people playing from different continets with up to 200ms delay just from the distance, those players would need a spawn protection and as mentioned all PvP Arena Games have those zones too!

I'm wondering if you guys are moaning about the protection zone or the not existing IP restriction now?

About those citations:

Angeltje - Last sentence I remember was "I assist him in his stream", does she represent her own opinion or is she influenced by you?

Apart from that: I would love IP restrictions, but think that a save zones is essential!

IP restriction in the area it self would be good. But i want to buff myself in the save zone, incase no other buffer is around.

#123 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

NO to IP restriction not all players has their own stat buffers...if we are thinking about multi-client on wars i don't mind if they will do so

#124 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

About JC, to me it would make sense to add an ip restriction to it,

It does make sense. But at what point do we decide to just take multi clienting out.
GA PvP is limited to 1 IP.
GA PvE is limited [depending on pemium]

the save zone I don't really mind,

Of course you don't. You have stat buffers that you want to use for an advantage and harassing people you don't like [like Angeltje]. Or did I not hear your ego correctly when you said you were the King of TG.

considering many people playing from different continets with up to 200ms delay just from the distance, those players would need a spawn protection

Uhm, how does bad ping justify having a permanent safe zone? You didn't state why. 

and as mentioned all PvP Arena Games have those zones too!

Yes, and you can't multi-client inside GA PvP like you can in JC.

So the question is; do we take away the ability for people to practice against their own characters if no appropriate target is in JC by IP restricting it, or do we simply fix the problems of multi-clienting at their source. 

Neither. And we're not 'moaning' about it. we're representing our ideas and positions in a serious fashion using tools provided by Warpportal. So stop treating people like infants and insulting them because you don't like their position. 
and by neither, we're confronting the issue that by allowing a zone inside a pvp map that protects players permanently, you're allowing players to use full stat buffers inside an area designed for Ga PvP environments. This enables gang-style bullying, as well as promotes a false sense of expectations for GA PvP modes. 

About those citations:

Teaching a person how to play a class is not the same as telling them what to think about how a game plays or what makes it fun / fair.

Angeltje - Last sentence I remember was "I assist him in his stream",  She does.

does she represent her own opinion or is she influenced by you? I don't know, why don't you ask her if she's my mental slave that is forced to do my bidding against her own will. Go on, ask her. 

Both accomplish the same thing. Both make it difficult for 1 person to set up a class-buffing group in JC. This issue with IP restricting it, is that you can use proxy's to get around it. Where as only having a temporary safe zone if significantly easier to fix, and does the same thing. But here's an idea, since you seem to not want people buffing their own chars just as much as everyone else. Let's do both. IP restriction with temporary respawn protection. [of about say 10-15 seconds]. 

NO to IP restriction not all players has their own stat buffers...if we are thinking about multi-client on wars i don't mind if they will do so

Then use training ground. Wars are not a GA PvP mode, hence you don't need JC to practice them [or perform them] in. 

Edited by Feuer, 28 March 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#125 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:42 PM

Lol before i wasnt allowed to say anything about pvp cause i aint pro at pvp and now i say it cause feuer forced me. It gets funnier every time.
Feuer cant force me, nobody can. When the idea of jc got launched it was suposed to disbell all buffs so nobody had any advantage and you just got to train there on a different way then in tg. Then why make a safe zone where you can rebuff? What is the point of dispelling and making jc then anyway? Cause if you can rebuff, then the only diffrence will be boosters mainly. But after the update those will be useless anyway. So then what is the point of making it. I dont see any if you can buff yourself with all your buffers inside.

Btw people tg is still there, so you got always a choice between tg and jc..

Also iMatt i never said that sentence, i said that i was cohosting. But that was before you decided to kill me while on buffs. Besides that i got no idea that streaming with someone makes you forced to do things for them :o. Oh well i aint forced so yeah i did think for myself.

Edited by angeltje, 28 March 2016 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users