Update Notes for Pegasus - Page 8 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Update Notes for Pegasus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#176 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:21 AM

The other 4 prime Elements are still in-game, they're just not sold directly like the 4 basic elements are. You'll have to do things to acquire them. 

#177 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

The other 4 prime Elements are still in-game, they're just not sold directly like the 4 basic elements are. You'll have to do things to acquire them. 

Mmm~ That sounds very nice. I thought it'll be too easy being available in the Valor shop as is. Good thing it's like this. Very nice.

#178 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:49 PM

I actually told Genesis something more like 4k was appropriate. But I guess he felt that too steep a price. 

#179 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

I actually told Genesis something more like 4k was appropriate. But I guess he felt that too steep a price. 

Hehe, I'll just see how it plays out.

Thank you to everyone who's contributing to the testing! Can't wait for it to go live!

Reminds me of the 4 prime Elements in the favorite RPG franchise of mine, haha

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 03 April 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#180 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

Lol. The refine cost for those runes are stupid. Have the max be [25] and mess around with the % a little. Whats the point of a game if its not fun? Nobody will have fun getting that pos to [100] . The time  and resources needed to do it? laughable..and thats being kind. A lot of people play rose because of its simplicity and its familiarity. Hop on, play some games, log off. Don't complicate the product.

#181 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:46 AM

u dun need to get them... but if u want them.. ya.. you have to work for.

its not planed to get them fast and easy..so if u have points left to refine ur paradigm gems...good.. if u wanna buy other things first with ur Valor/Honor..ju just need to wait till can(if u want) buy/refine them. Like everyone else.

These gems are not needed to enjoy the game..its not a must have.

Edited by littlekami, 04 April 2016 - 04:47 AM.

#182 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

Again, I cite my figures. 10 years+ to get them to +100 at a casual play rate [ONLY, playing 1 character ever] that is not a goal, that is a pipedream. 

I'm not going to say that ROSE is dying, but based simply on economic trends, there's a real possibility that ROSE won't be alive in another 10 years from this post. Making a game system, that projects that far out, in my personal opinion, is well, redundant in the sense that it's not worth the time to develop if it's never utilized. 

#183 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:25 AM

there will come other refine materials to incrase the success rate.. for sure. i dun see another reason why there are more slots in the refine mat tab ;)

but they need to wait.. so at the end.. they can say they are bring new content ;)

it will come step by step.. trust me .

so for me.. this patch just feels like a little supterfuge. so we get new things..ya.. but after that all..they just made it harder to kill the mobs then bring the element and paradigm stuff to make it lil easier again.

at the end.. you are at the same point like wa are now on live server. the mobs getting lil stronger..we get lil stronger(element/paradigm)...and nothing has rly changed.

its not like bring new equipment,weapons,lvl,map,dungeon....where u can see the game goes forward. after the patch we are at the same point.. we just loose some zullie/money cause we need new/other of the old stuff.

thats all.

Edited by littlekami, 04 April 2016 - 05:38 AM.

#184 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

Those slots were already stated to be additional material slots for upping the 'tier' 

example:

+39 → +40 would 'unlock' your 2nd line of Stats

This specific step, would not only require the fragments, but some other material or materials and obtained from some type of activity.

The figures used above are just rhetoric, but the core system is true. Or at least that's been the answer given when I asked. 

#185 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Again, I cite my figures. 10 years+ to get them to +100 at a casual play rate [ONLY, playing 1 character ever] that is not a goal, that is a pipedream. 

I'm not going to say that ROSE is dying, but based simply on economic trends, there's a real possibility that ROSE won't be alive in another 10 years from this post. Making a game system, that projects that far out, in my personal opinion, is well, redundant in the sense that it's not worth the time to develop if it's never utilized. 

This is one of the things I'm really worried of.

#186 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

Was testing out stuff in Pegasus. So here's the result of the last stretch of my free time:

After around 18,000 Paradigmatic Remnants (5000 of which are spent to upgrade [68] to [79]), or about 180,000 Valor, and 56m Zulie as labor...

ref2_by_fatwave-d9y5cun.pngarod_by_fatwave-d9y5cfg.png

I would still need about 120 Paradigmatic Remnants and 800,000 z to upgrade it to [80] with a 9.2% chance of success...

Let's shoot the moon~

yea_by_fatwave-d9y5d4u.png

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 07 April 2016 - 02:59 AM.

#187 mpamias

mpamias

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if players can have access to Pegasus. I mean any recruitement or something, because me and other players would be interested tuning-in. Thanks!

#188 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

You can download the client and play with your rose account on it, it is basically a copy of the live server

#189 mpamias

mpamias

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:20 PM

You can download the client and play with your rose account on it, it is basically a copy of the live server

Actually sorry for being late to answer, but the link I've found says:"There are not the contents you were looking for, move along."

#190 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

Actually sorry for being late to answer, but the link I've found says:"There are not the contents you were looking for, move along."

Try the link in the first post of this topic https://forums.warpp...s-open-for-all/

#191 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:45 PM

It seems the crafting system has changed on Pegasus. No more noobie items with high stats ( Unless already crafted I presume, since the ones in my storage and characters are still there ).

Item stats are now tiered in the way it should be for progression at that given level. I like this change, but also will miss my OP noobs haha.

I'm assuming you can still use a Blank Enchant scroll and enchant low level equipment still, unless those get tier restrictions too, which wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Example: 

• Grade 1 ( Grade 1 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 2 ( Grade 1 ~ 2 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 3 ( Grade 1 ~ 3 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 4 ( Grade 1 ~ 4 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 5 ( Grade 1 ~ 5 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 6 ( Grade 1 ~ 6 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 7 ( Grade 1 ~ 7 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 8 ( Grade 1 ~ 8 Enchanting Only )
  • Grade 9 ( Grade 1 ~ 9 Enchanting Only )

Edited by Banrukai, 30 April 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#192 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

It's already like that, you can't transfer stats down a tier grade, only to equal or above. So crafting max stat 9's, can't be used to enchant a grade 1 [currently on live] 

#193 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

So basically, craft all the high stat low gear that you want now, before the changes hit ( If permanant ) lol.

I like this idea, as it will make people think about what stats they should prioritize over others. Since you can't just craft 30 AP on a low item and then murder everything in seconds.

Edited by Banrukai, 30 April 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#194 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

Basically yes.

One of the aims for this update is to eliminate all sources of skipping content via buffs + item enhancements. At least, that's what's I can gatherses, no official statements have been made. 

Edited by Feuer, 30 April 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#195 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

I like this idea. Now make it so people can't multiclient and party with themselves, then maybe it will be like back in 2007 ~ 2009 where people actually partied with each other lol.

Shops in town will actually be multiple people, instead of one person with 10 shops too

Edited by Banrukai, 01 May 2016 - 12:32 AM.

#196 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

Pretty sure the ability to craft grade 1 items with max stats was never supposed to be possible and I'm glad that's finally been corrected on Pergasus.

As Feuer said, you can't place stats from grade 9 items on grade 1 items. That's how it has always been and how it is currently on the live server.

Removing the ability to multi-client would probably be the worst thing that could be done. Far as I know, that's not even being considered and hopefully never will be.  When the buff changes are implemented, the mindset that a max cleric's buffs are "needed" will no longer be such an issue at low levels and the whole dynamic of parties at those levels will shift. Instead of newbies spending most of their time asking for buffs to go solo, they will find that joining together in a party will be a more effective way to level.

As for people having multiple shops, I see nothing wrong with that. 1 shop or 100, I don't buy anything unless the price is right so I say fill up Junon Polis with shops so we can find the best price for what we are looking for.  Just like in the real world, shops that are priced competitively get more sales than those that are over-priced. 

#197 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

Actually I like the idea of only being able to run 1 shop at a time. It prevents any 1 player from running a monopoly on the market. As we all know very well, there's a few people on this server who cannot be bought out or sold out. They simply have to much money and can run any number of shop. being limited to 30 slots would require even the richest people to be selective with their money, instead of spreading their buying + selling power over all markets, preventing any competition. 

That's my take on the market system related directly to multiclienting. I have my own issues and pleasures with multiclienting, but in the long run I'd prefer to see it just go away. The only reason we have buff slaves as a 'mandatory thing' is because of multi clienting. No one would main a 'stat buffer' if it was the only character they could log in. They'd much rather make a balanced char with strong buffing gear and moderate stats to remain competitive, or simply go full combat. 

Anyway. Preventing boosted noobs is a good plan. It helps noobies acclimate to the game and system by not shoving them into mid-game content before they're ready. 

#198 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

Yea, that was exactly my point, having a monopoly over the market. As you said Feuer, this is directly caused by multiclienting. Also, there should be no reason to run multiple clients in a game, especially an MMO. When playing a game, the usual focus is play one character and be familiar with it, not run 10 characters to support the first.

Without multiclienting, nobody could party with themselves ( at least not easilly ), and clans would have to work together playing certain roles, rather than one person logging in all their buffers to support everyone else. This is not team ethic, it is solitary. More dungeons would populate since nobody would be running them on their own. More parties and areas would be populated because it would require that players play with each other, rather than on their own, with their own 5 characters. It is just overal a better and healtier experience. We have become complacent in the fact that we can just multiclient and always help ourselves, rather than ask the help or advice of our neighbors.

Boosted noobs is fun and all, but like you said Feuer, it rushes the player to mid-level content, rather than letting the player really get the feel of their character, and how real combat works. Adding in a mailbox would make it so you can trade between your characters on multiple accounts, but you also have your account storage which is shared.

I remember years back when multiclienting was not allowed, it was some of the best times I ever experienced in R.O.S.E.

Edited by Banrukai, 01 May 2016 - 07:17 PM.

#199 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

After thinking about it a bit more, I guess there really is no reason for anyone to vend on more than one account at a time (other than greed lol), but the ability to vend while also playing actively on a different account is another argument for allowing multi- clienting.  I can’t imagine that there would be many shops at all if everyone had to choose between vending or leveling or doing a dungeon or w/e.  

As for stat buffers, that whole idea is weird to me but since coming here, I’ve learned to roll with things. :P  Dual clienting has been a part of ROSE for as long as I’ve played but in the old days we had a cleric and a fighter or a farmer- not an army of buffers.  Still, gotta wonder if everyone was limited to playing one character at a time, how many would actually grind their way to 230 more than once?   Doubt that I would even tho I truly love this game

The way games are these days, people blow thru them quickly then move on to the next one. The fact that people are still here playing ROSE after so many years is amazing but I believe that’s due in part to the ability to make several characters and play them at the same time if you want.  

Since this dual clienting discussion is kind of off topic, maybe we should stick to the changes on Pegasus and see how those changes affect day-to-day game play once they are implemented on the live server. It will be interesting to be sure.

#200 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

In the past, you could only play one at a time and level all the way up. It is why I mentioned it was one of my favorite times in R.O.S.E. :)

As for Pegasus in itself, I'm currently getting a feel for how it is to level up from scratch.

Started from Lv.1 and became a dealer, then simulated having sold some chemicals to people in Junon so I have cash, then started crafting. I'm Lv.20 now, and able to craft low level items with 100% chance.

Now I want to make some full sets of Lv.1 gear for the max stats possible, then play threw with some classes and see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users