Patch Notes: February 17, 2016 - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: February 17, 2016

44 replies to this topic

#26 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:28 AM

I'm not sure how long Trivia has been there, but if it's been anything over a year then 2k chars having won is a really small number. I've worked with/run MMORPGs for a few years and I can tell you that on average there's over 250k chars made within a year and RO2 should have somewhere around that many chars created each year as well. Besides, I felt that it is dominated by a handful right now from the time I've been here. I do read public channels quite often and every four hours I do find trivia flooding my chat box bothersome(lol) but it's mostly the same players winning it on their mains and alts. I can come up with a few unique event ideas that benefits everyone alike. 

It's been running just over 6 months now if my memory is correct, though it's also fairly standard for the majority of players to never participate in public chat channels in the first place, an even smaller subset actually ends up participating in events like Trivia, hide&seek, or the other forum based events (you've probably seen the various art, screenshot, or story contests here on the forum with barely a handful of replies). 
If you do come up with some event ideas that could be carried out by a bot in-game though, you're welcome to send me a PM here on the forum to discuss it, I'm definitely open to new ideas. 

Maybe you guys can bring back VEP and start hiring again? Not sure if the topic already exists but I have only seen VCR hiring being active. I wouldn't mind applying for that if I get to work with a few others to introduce some new new events. Coming up with event ideas on your own is one thing but execution and output might not produce favorable results. It's better to have all the pros and cons of an idea reviewed by a group who have different perspectives.  

I think the VEP program was killed a few months before that, some elements of it were merged into VCRs or CMs. Some of the slack was taken up by TriviaBot (VEP Doppio's old Ragnamix event inspired it in the first place, when he quit I came up with the bot to take its place). I think there could definitely be some room for a VEP-like program again in RO2 though. 

Edited by Tonitrua, 18 February 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#27 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:42 AM

So is there really a point of the diamond system when one could easily farm them without buying them at the cash shop? God....even they can't even balance their cash shop system.

#28 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

Toni is right; the VEP program was cancelled not so long before Trivia Bot was introduced.

Even tho I was only able to VEP briefly, I thought it added variety and options to the game.

It is true that the event rewards were much less appealing than what Trivia Bot has to offer.

Imho, it was silly to limit VEPs to one event per month and to personally provide the reward.

I am only able to play the game part of the year, so I am not available to VEP year round...

This season of play time is nearly over for me, but if we can be VEP's next fall, I'll sign up!

I miss running the Scavenger Hunt and Hide & Seek events (my versions were not likely to result in MP loss).

I'd like to see more events that are equally welcoming to players both old & newish (2 weeks).

Cheers!

#29 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Toni is right; the VEP program was cancelled not so long before Trivia Bot was introduced.

Even tho I was only able to VEP briefly, I thought it added variety and options to the game.

It is true that the event rewards were much less appealing than what Trivia Bot has to offer.

Imho, it was silly to limit VEPs to one event per month and to personally provide the reward.

I am only able to play the game part of the year, so I am not available to VEP year round...

This season of play time is nearly over for me, but if we can be VEP's next fall, I'll sign up!

I miss running the Scavenger Hunt and Hide & Seek events (my versions were not likely to result in MP loss).

I'd like to see more events that are equally welcoming to players both old & newish (2 weeks).

Cheers!

Hey Maxscha.

We're always down for player-created events to run, and if they're proposed to us ahead of time we can possibly support them with announcements, rewards, etc.

I wasn't involved in the closure of the VEP program, but I think the idea is that we included them into the VCR program. I should've sent an invite out to the VEPs in the program at the time to join the VCRs if they wanted to continue. It was about the time the VCRs evolved from solely being a bug and balance reporting service and expanded to represent more aspects of the community.

But stuff continues to evolve. If we want to try something new, I'm always open to discuss it. Feel free to reach out to me via forum PM, Skype, carrier pigeon, Westeros raven, or any preferred bird.

If you send it via pineapple pizza, it will be thrown away.

#30 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

Valentine's Chocolates will be removed on March 7

While the event is now over, the chocolate items will persist until March 7, 2016, when they will inevitably go bad from neglect and grossness!

Eat your chocolates soon to hold onto their effects!*

*This message may or may not be endorsed by the Midgardian Dentist Association

Any possibility to not remove the Chocolates? Some of us farmed hard on Frilldoras (Jawaii field) just to get these "graham pots". Don't encourage doing HHB on low lvl characters, please. I hope you see a point on my request.

Holy S.....  :p_omg:  how did you do that? collects 10k-20k diamonds in a day were like impossible  :p_swt:

would you mind to teach me?  :p_love:

Assassin(ml40) is the best class to do most wanted scrolls. Hiding Exceed + Speed pots + High Att.power +Vigor(capped) = Any dungeon cleaned in a matter of seconds/minutes. But the range may differ depending your gear and how "ham" you farm diamonds.

@Vau, I don't disagree with diamond farming being quite popular but it isn't everyone's cup of tea. I'm talking about the general mindset of people and something like diamond farming doesn't contradict it. Diamond farming is something that's fresh and I'm sure it's going to be popular for the time being but in due time it will also become a thing of past and people will demand novelty again. I stand by what I said and I know it's a bad idea to isolate drop rates to a set period like exp rates are right now. In a way it's forcing players to only farm during that time alone. 

I'd rather address only specific mobs and their respective drop rates than increase overall drop rates in the game or add another drop rate buff (please, we have enough already). From what I see it's just the end game content after Forgotten Payon that have unreasonable rates. They could just nerf down those mobs and fix the drop rates for them alone instead. Changing overall drop rates is a major game changer and will affect all aspects of the game from pet farming to obtaining mats for crafting gears (not to mention how this will in turn flood the game with more pets and OP cres and professions like artisan and smith favored even more) - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

These drop rate events are proposed mainly cause i don't want to encourage HHB farming on alts. Drop rate nerf was caused exclusively by Happy Hour boxes. *cough -HHB1- cough* Farming on Jawaii is very profitable if you're fully buffed with drop rates or at least, it would. You could get more AW equipment on Jawaii field than Wonderland dungeon if the drop rate was reasonable, plus cards?

So is there really a point of the diamond system when one could easily farm them without buying them at the cash shop? God....even they can't even balance their cash shop system.

I don't think Sorcerers can farm as fast as Assassins, Pho, so it's not that "easy" but doable. You should at least log in the game and check the Cheny area yourself. I want to believe they are working on balancing the cash shop with the in-game shop. Mainly cause they removed Rune Removers off Kafra shop in purpose, which is a popular item among the community, that means, there's some future work on Cheny NPC.

Cheers!

Scavenger hunts!! Please. <3

#31 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

The community fade away day by day, and I believe it's a no secret. Something really need to be addressed before the release of new content (probably ML45 Niflheim?) to make this game interesting again.

I try to list out something here:

IMPORTANT:

PVP Aspect:

1. Class Balance
- Without class balance, new content with much stronger equipment might elevate the imbalance. If the elevated imbalance cause more player to quit, it's definitely defeat the purpose of releasing new content.

- Class balance after new content release would cause more chaos since it may involve Equipment Stats, Rune Hole, Refinement and Honing adjustment, but people already planned and building their new equipment. That's why I would suggest Class Balance First before new content.

- And really, if the developer is struggling on the class balance process, they can refer to Greven79's solution here.

* Class Balance will be consider on both PVP & PVE content.

2. Make Colosseum & Blood Point relevant again
- In order to bring back this group of population, and with Class Balance together, I would suggest to make more Tier of Colosseum Equipment.
-- T3 Colo Gear, Equivalent to ML20, Require ML20.
-- T4 Colo Gear, Equivalent to ML30, Require ML30.
-- T5 Colo Gear, Equivalent to ML40, Require ML40.

- And it's looks more systematic now. PVP player can choose to build up their equipment in a "Blood Point" way, while PVE player can continue on the conventional "Dungeon" way to build up their equipment.

PVE Aspect:

1. Leveling progress from ML21-40
- This is rather important because the population going down significantly after Dark Whisper content release. While player quit around ML21+, any higher level content will be irrelevant.

- Alternative way is important to make the leveling progress less repetitive and bored. Sometime we prefer some questing, sometime we would like some grinding, but not only a single way, which is eternal grind to level up.

- There are many good suggestion here:
https://forums.warpp...ts-are-handled/

- It's the long, bored and repetitive grind and overpowered monster that take down the player patient to continue the game. We wish developer will take a serious look on this issue.

2. Meaningful Droprate (especially on late content)
- Meaningful droprate keep the player in game, needless to elaborate more.

Minor Tweak to Enhance the Gameplay:

1) This will be a very great list of suggestion:
(Suggestion) Quality of Life - by flukeSG2

2) Certain Kafra Item should directly available for Diamond rather than in a Mega RNG Box. Too much RNG just make player disappointed.

3) More Zeny Sink Event. The game economy nowadays really don't favour to new player.
My Older Proposal on Zeny Sink

There are probably something that I have missed. But we just wish the game would be great again.  :p_smile:

Edited by Saturn33, 18 February 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#32 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

About HHB, I support the idea of Vau that don't only encourage HHB hunting on low level character. Any level of character should treat equally on HHB hunting.

Since higher level monster are much more stronger and much more harder to hunt (especially monster on DW and above), they should drop HHB more often and instead of a single box drop at once, they should drop a stack of 5-15 boxes at once depends on the monster difficulty, in order to encourage high level character to hunt HHB.  :p_smile:

#33 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

I would like to start another vote about 'WoE times' again. Isn't it already time soon? (We had some period of time after each vote)

WoE, 2 times a week at the same time is really a pain for some players, especially when we have different kind of people from all over the world.

I would really appreciate it, it just has to be announced everywhere properly.

#34 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

I like having lower class character that have a purpose in game.  So I really like the HHB farmers being a thing.  I'm sure I treat mine differently than most, but I enjoy gearing my ML1 to it's maximum potential.  I mean +50 runes, costumes, power runes, blueseeds, the whole nine yards.  It's a hobby character.  I like the fact that there is a culture developed around HHB.  However I can understand the issue where it can be easily bot-able and might upset people.  Raikuha made a trello suggestion here that is really good, doesn't make our ML1 farmers useless but tries to eliminate the botting aspect of it.

#35 AdAbsurdum

AdAbsurdum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

I like having lower class character that have a purpose in game.  So I really like the HHB farmers being a thing.  I'm sure I treat mine differently than most, but I enjoy gearing my ML1 to it's maximum potential.  I mean +50 runes, costumes, power runes, blueseeds, the whole nine yards.  It's a hobby character.  I like the fact that there is a culture developed around HHB.  However I can understand the issue where it can be easily bot-able and might upset people.  Raikuha made a trello suggestion here that is really good, doesn't make our ML1 farmers useless but tries to eliminate the botting aspect of it.

in indonesian server, we are doing pvp at pf with ML 1 after Happy Hour.. even someone remove his max seeds into his alt  :heh:

Edited by AdAbsurdum, 20 February 2016 - 01:01 AM.

#36 Chidorie

Chidorie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

Holy S.....  :p_omg:  how did you do that? collects 10k-20k diamonds in a day were like impossible  :p_swt:

would you mind to teach me?  :p_love:

that's easy., alone i can do nearly 3K diamonds an hour...so if you farm 6-7hours you can do the same

Wolves' cave for the win...farm and farm.

LoL... my guildsmate easily farmed 6k diamond per HOUR using 3 person party. they go to wolf cave then each killed a boss (king poring/ arachnoa/ redscar), disband the party when finished and re-party outside the dungeon. rinse and repeat guys... I tried it a couple of time too.

#37 Painkiller14

Painkiller14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:45 AM

Hi, Someone knows the conditions about lose second, third and fourth week (cheny's diamond) reward inside attendance system?

Two months and the same thing about the reward... I'm a casual player and i log in every day to check my sales, farm a card or something and same "bug" or i don't know about conditions with Attendance rewards? need log in every day? Or? I'm tired, i enjoy the game but issues like this...

Please answer me.  :thx:

#38 mscocca

mscocca

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 353 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

Hi, Someone knows the conditions about lose second, third and fourth week (cheny's diamond) reward inside attendance system?

Two months and the same thing about the reward... I'm a casual player and i log in every day to check my sales, farm a card or something and same "bug" or i don't know about conditions with Attendance rewards? need log in every day? Or? I'm tired, i enjoy the game but issues like this...

To get the Cheny's diamonds reward you have to log in every day at least once or you will loose the chance to get those. You will get Seal of _____ instead. 

#39 Painkiller14

Painkiller14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

To get the Cheny's diamonds reward you have to log in every day at least once or you will loose the chance to get those. You will get Seal of _____ instead.

It's weird because i log in every day last month and actually... and only first cheny diamond. After 10 day my second cheny diamond turn to seal i don't know why because i log in every day without fault. CM or bug team's answer?
I think, maybe anti-bot think "x" number of accounts are a bots accounts or i don't know because RO2 still have casual players. See the diference between casual player vs bot. Maybe person with power hit some attendance system of account (i hope only my bad luck with this "bug"/issue).
I can send a ticket for this or not necesary? (because slow answer when i send a ticket before and any solution, bad luck with tickets too).
Thanks.

Edited by Painkiller14, 21 February 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#40 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

Two months and the same thing about the reward... I'm a casual player and i log in every day..... need log in every day? Or? I'm tired, i enjoy the game but issues like this...

This winter season, I have logged in every day also. I usually log in to the same character first, in the same account.

I have seen my attendance revert to seals, then (at a later hour/day) go back to diamonds again!  There IS a Bug!

I first noticed it when I logged onto a different character first, after 00:00. It seems to matter which character that you

log in first? Also, it seems to keep a different day count for each character in the account??? Why should it do that?

I guess maybe it's not reported yet, since few seem to have any idea on the matter, but I know I am not the only one

this is happening to... I've mentioned it in game to others; we just don't care to report, lol. If you report, I will also, just

so you are not alone. I am certain there is a bug, it just doesn't inconvenience me enough to mind it. I see diamonds

as a 'free gift' rather than something I should expect; thus making it something I pay less mind to report if not working.

Altho, it is fair to expect stuff to work as intended.

Personally, I dislike the idea of reverting to seals altogether; I find it insulting and abit predjudiced.

It favours those with sure net connections and ample free-time, especially on a limited patch-day.

It was less cumbersome when attendance wasn't monthly, but now someone gets diminished for weeks if their net was down during their game-time for a day.

Edited by Maxscha, 21 February 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#41 Painkiller14

Painkiller14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

This winter season, I have logged in every day also. I usually log in to the same character first, in the same account.
I have seen my attendance revert to seals, then (at a later hour/day) go back to diamonds again! There IS a Bug!
I first noticed it when I logged onto a different character first, after 00:00. It seems to matter which character that you
log in first? Also, it seems to keep a different day count for each character in the account??? Why should it do that?

I guess maybe it's not reported yet, since few seem to have any idea on the matter, but I know I am not the only one
this is happening to... I've mentioned it in game to others; we just don't care to report, lol. If you report, I will also, just
so you are not alone. I am certain there is a bug, it just doesn't inconvenience me enough to mind it. I see diamonds
as a 'free gift' rather than something I should expect; thus making it something I pay less mind to report if not working.

Altho, it is fair to expect stuff to work as intended.

Personally, I dislike the idea of reverting to seals altogether; I find it insulting and abit predjudiced.
It favours those with sure net connections and ample free-time, especially on a limited patch-day.
It was less cumbersome when attendance wasn't monthly, but now someone gets diminished for weeks if their net was down during their game-time for a day.

I think maybe this is the problem... but i don't know. The first month i don't have problems with attendance rewards and i only log in with the same character in the first month. With the second and actually (thirth) month sometimes i change the character or log in exactly at 00:00 server time. But i think it's a stupid bug because why when you log in character, receive the attendance reward with different character or log in when server day change affects the attendance rewards?
Please fix it. I really disappointed about the attendance issue and grafic bug when you check currently attendance reward. I hope other bug don't attack me because i read about alot of bug still active inside the game and tickets are non effective to help in the right time.
Thanks. I feel calm because i'm not the unique with the attendance issue.

Edited by Painkiller14, 21 February 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#42 Purplewind

Purplewind

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:11 AM

Same issue here.If you change the channel sometimes it "cleans" your attendance and after you don't receive diamonds in that month...

#43 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:36 AM

1- Put Rune Removers back on Kafra Shop or plainly on Cheny, for god sake. Decrease the amount of Himmelmez tokens needed for Rune Removers, Storage slot expansion, like EVERYTHING.

Rune removers were the main reason why the seedrune system ended up broken. Without them, players couldn't have transferred their max. seeds from one item to another and there wouldn't have been a black market for max. seeds either.

It's the same as if Gravity would implement a honing transfer stone that allows players to transfer any particular honing line from one item to another. Suddenly, players could try to achieve a high result, transfer it to a placeholder item, sell it or put it up for an auction and the recipient could then add it to any item he wishes. And wouldn't that be quite lucrative as well?

#44 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

Rune removers were the main reason why the seedrune system ended up broken. Without them, players couldn't have transferred their max. seeds from one item to another and there wouldn't have been a black market for max. seeds either.

It's the same as if Gravity would implement a honing transfer stone that allows players to transfer any particular honing line from one item to another. Suddenly, players could try to achieve a high result, transfer it to a placeholder item, sell it or put it up for an auction and the recipient could then add it to any item he wishes. And wouldn't that be quite lucrative as well?

I agree that seedrunes should have stayed on Chaos gears back in 2013, but rune removers are an important part of the game, including stat runes and CLS runes. Do you know how much effort takes to make a +80 bind rune? And you say it shoudn't be transferable. You can't put the blame on rune removers on a broken system with low rates, RNG, and hackers. It's like pre SEA merge when just 4 people had capped seed runes and could rekt half a raid themselfs on woe. Still broke.

#45 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ
  • Server:L o a d i n g . . .

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Do you know how much effort takes to make a +80 bind rune? And you say it shoudn't be transferable.

Imma cry if I have to make new ones for the future... T^T

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users