Bug - Target able Traps: Totems, Skills, Enviroment etc. - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bug - Target able Traps: Totems, Skills, Enviroment etc.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

I am not sure if this has been posted before. In a few Areas i notice its possible
to target skills (Totems)of players. The 1st time i notice this bug was in during
Server Battle. I pressed TAB-Key and used my Burning Dash, and dashed into a Fire Totem.

The Bug happens during Duels and Battle Fields. In general its easy to recreate. Just open a duel
and let the target set a Totem / Trap or AOE and you are able to target it via TAB Key or Mouse Click.

The bug is total annoying when you are in heretic cause you will miss click often your target.

Also you are able to target skills of Bosses like Deadly Sea of Biskra etc.

#2 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

a commonly know "feature"

#3 Moggernought

Moggernought

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

lol dash into a totem :rolleyes:

#4 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

Being able to dash into totems actually gives commanders and warriors another option to run away. :rolleyes:

#5 conver

conver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:hammer

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

is there a way to fix this has it been reported?

#6 Kupi

Kupi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationYour mum rates me.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:11 AM

you can target traps and totems because there is a skill to remove them..so im going to go ahead and pull the 'working as intended'with that bit.. as far as the aoe targeting goes..no clue there

#7 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

love scuding a totem like a pro

#8 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

I Dont Think This Is A Bug...Yep You Can Target AoE Totem Bla Bla Bla...
Also You Can Hit Him Is Funny xDDDD
*Scuding A Fire Totem* (Ohh Damn)
Edit: Famous You Think The Same Thing D=

Edited by xXAleXx, 05 August 2010 - 01:11 PM.

#9 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

love scuding a totem like a pro

Yes I like doing that. I feel like awesomesauce then :D

#10 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

They should just add an option to turn off targeting totems/aoes...... That way if Avengers want to keep it on they can, but the rest of us can get rid of that crap.

#11 Hexiumz

Hexiumz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Location? ?? ??'?'\????\?=(•??)=?/????/'?'??? ? ?

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

They should just add an option to turn off targeting totems/aoes...... That way if Avengers want to keep it on they can, but the rest of us can get rid of that crap.

they should totally do that

#12 Sakana

Sakana

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationCenter of Gravity
  • Server:Jericho

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

What if Aoes and such were still targetable with a mouse click but not with tabbing? opinions?

#13 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

What if Aoes and such were still targetable with a mouse click but not with tabbing? opinions?

I would love you forever.

#14 Series

Series

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationFlash Delirium

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

well as long as tab only targets other enemy player sure. But still would prefer aoes not be targeted at all.

#15 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

yes please

#16 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

well, as long as the damn xenoa our respected xenoa colleagues can still use their detect skill to find the trap to disarm it, that would probably be great i think. At the moment the only thing targettable aoes do to non trapdisarming classes is 3 decent sized unintended effects:

totems can be targetted as a seed for an AoE, like Explosive arrow or burning hell, unstealthing rogues,
AoEs which are presumably intended to be invisible, like Rage of Lags, actually give players prewarning of their presence, cuz they are targettable by tab.
silly looking scudding rogues.

#17 TheMasterDude

TheMasterDude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

This would be much better. Or something along what Vosk suggested where the xenoa class can only target them.

#18 Sakana

Sakana

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationCenter of Gravity
  • Server:Jericho

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

well, as long as the damn xenoa our respected xenoa colleagues can still use their detect skill to find the trap to disarm it, that would probably be great i think. At the moment the only thing targettable aoes do to non trapdisarming classes is 3 decent sized unintended effects:

totems can be targetted as a seed for an AoE, like Explosive arrow or burning hell, unstealthing rogues,
AoEs which are presumably intended to be invisible, like Rage of Lags, actually give players prewarning of their presence, cuz they are targettable by tab.
silly looking scudding rogues.

I understand that some players like to "bounce" skills off of totems and such, but would it be considered a big inconvenience for those players having to click-target a non-moving object to set off a skill instead of tabbing?

I'm just looking for a clear example that we can submit up to the devs for a clear set suggestion to make it easier, so let me know what you think.

#19 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

Would be lot better. Then you couldn't accidently select ground target AoEs without totem, but still use Totems for certain skills (as Vosky said too)

Targetting a ground target AoE would make sense only if there'd actually be skill(s) to dispell them. Since traps&totems are only things you can try remove there's no need for tab selecting them.

Oh, and if you get Devs fix that, I'll love you~ I'd even mail you some cookies but they'd be very unlikely to get there in one piece. >.>

#20 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

what if the selection would have some priorities? like ALWAYS select 1st the Players, 2nd the totem aoes (fire totem, fear totem, Terms of Service) and 3rd other aoes. AND on the Game Menu to have a "TAB function" with 3 checkboxes: Players, Totem Skills, AoEs. and check which one you wanna have selected by TAB. so this way you can choose any combination of the 3 or just 1. and in case you want all 3, to have the selection priority.

#21 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

I understand that some players like to "bounce" skills off of totems and such, but would it be considered a big inconvenience for those players having to click-target a non-moving object to set off a skill instead of tabbing?

I'm just looking for a clear example that we can submit up to the devs for a clear set suggestion to make it easier, so let me know what you think.

oh no i dont think that would be an inconvenience at all. the core problem imo is what everyone else has said, a person hitting TAB key trying to target nearest opponent doesnt want to target either a totem, a nontargettable but still selectable with TAB AoE, or in the case of avenger traps, what appears to be nothing at all but it locks you from targetting other ppl til u hit ESC and move position few times. The targetting of totems and such intentionally by players is actually what i was calling an unintended effect, not by design and prolly not what dev's had in mind.

#22 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

Vosk pointed out some good uses of selecting aoes and totems. I think this can be fixed by setting two keys. One for tabbing only players and the other for aoes and the such. However if you'd like to whittle it down further then let there be an option to turn off the function of tabbing totems or aoes. That way the second key only tabs what You'd like.

So if you like to be aware of whats around(ground aoe) you and like to charge totems to move away etc You can leave options default.
However if you'd like to only tab totems on your second key you can do so
If you'd like to only tab aoes on your second key you can do so

#23 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:47 AM

Is it just me, or did this issue turn to worse in some of the patches lately? Like in 2~3 weeks?

Because I remember getting AoEs with tab only in SvS with 100+ players around and lagging like hell, and now I practicly have to select every player manually in FoC with 10 players.. Tab targets everything else than players now.. o_O"

#24 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

Is it just me, or did this issue turn to worse in some of the patches lately? Like in 2~3 weeks?

Because I remember getting AoEs with tab only in SvS with 100+ players around and lagging like hell, and now I practicly have to select every player manually in FoC with 10 players.. Tab targets everything else than players now.. o_O"

tab worked for me in 20% of the cases. and that is :lol:, cause i was so surprised that it actually selected something else than an aoe that i forgot to kill lol. many many times it selected nothing lol

#25 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

tab worked for me in 20% of the cases. and that is :D, cause i was so surprised that it actually selected something else than an aoe that i forgot to kill lol. many many times it selected nothing lol

If there's no aoe attacks going on around me and I can see the enemy, it MIGHT pick up one of them.. Like with a 20% chance. :lol:

Just noticed that after few weeks break from FoC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users