Has anyone tried Triangle Shot on a stripped, blood lusted, weakened opponent? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tried Triangle Shot on a stripped, blood lusted, weakened opponent?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

As we all know TS has low damage output even when an over upgraded Catapult is equipped, but I believe TS is built that way because it can be spammed almost instantly with high dex and int. 

Now imagine doing emergency escape + Aimed bolt + TS + bloody lust+ weakness + full divest + sightless mind on an opponent (Not in arranged in the correct/advisable order obviously).

It's doable right? especially for 1v1 PVP.

I know some of you will say "It takes too much effort to execute" or "Why not just create a Ranger for puppy* sake", the thing is I love being able to kill in PVP in a unique fashion especially using the Rogue class, it's what keeps me interested in the game, I don't like WOE or any other activities in game.

And FYI this is the first time I'm playing iRO or even RO itself for almost 3 years.

Edited by Usurper, 19 February 2016 - 10:59 AM.

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

the rouge class

http://tinyurl.com/zslbnuz

#3 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Okay just edited it. Thanks

Anything you can say about the topic? do you think it's doable in iRO?

Edited by Usurper, 19 February 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

Damage is way to low to kill anyone, specially with their hp triple by lust. Lust would wear off before you can finish anyone and they can just pot your damahe

#5 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

Damage is way to low to kill anyone, specially with their hp triple by lust. Lust would wear off before you can finish anyone and they can just pot your damahe

When you say way too low, what would that be in numbers? below 1k? I think I read somewhere here a couple of years ago that TS did a total of 8k on an opponent, but it's unsure if the opponent is divested or not.

Edit: here's the link for the 8k damage test https://forums.warpp...0-new-crossbow/.

And can someone also tell me what is the max level and job level in iRO now? is it lvl 175 and job 60 or 70?

Thanks

Edited by Usurper, 19 February 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

175/60

#7 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

SF is your best/only viable way to kill someone 1v1. Remember that Triangle Shot has a small, but noticeable delay (0.5 sec) so you'll need strings or a lot of delay reduction to be able to spam it fast enough to kill someone.

Anyone that gets weaknessed/full divested in pvp is probably just going to bwing, anyway.

#8 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

Alright I forgot that B wing is allowed in PVP on iRO. So Chasers in iRO are for pure debuff only. 

Guess I'll just play around with an A.S.S chaser then.

Dafuq

**Edit

If you're worried about Bwing, I'm pretty sure they can't use it when they're blood lusted/frozen right?

Edited by Usurper, 21 February 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

you can use RT
Land Mine + Shadow Formation + Manhole

Divest etc etc + Feint Bomb
many ways, all better than triangle shot lol

#10 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

So how was triangle shot in pRO ?

#11 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:51 AM

you can use RT
Land Mine + Shadow Formation + Manhole

Divest etc etc + Feint Bomb
many ways, all better than triangle shot lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess i'll just post screen shots once I am capable of PVP. 

So how was triangle shot in pRO ?

TS in pRO is/was pretty decent, if what I read about here in this forum is true (TS doing at least 8k damage) I think it's worth a try and this time I have Aimed Bolt and Emergency Escape in mind.

When I was in pRO I use TS as a secondary damaging skill, with Severe Rainstorm(Before it was nerfed) or Arrow Storm being the primary damaging skill.

Here is my combo: I have flying kick as my preserved skill, I pick a target, if they're the caster type it's pretty easy 1 click of ignorance and it renders them unable to do anything, If I am having a hard time getting near them I equip my quad sleep bow then hit them with TS from far away(TS has 11 cell range) then I use close confine > Full Divest > Weakness > Blood lust. Then I cast SR/AS. For SR during the rain of arrows I follow it up with spamming TS, my SR does about 5k per hit using +12OAB with wind converter on a blood lusted and divested opponent, my TS deals about 6 to 8k per hit and it usually does the job. 

If I'm using AS I usually have Frost Nova as my preserved skill, only difference form my previous combo is that after I have divested, blood lusted and weakened them I use Sightless Mind> Frost Nova > Closed Confine > AS then spam TS. Some of them don't die while Bloody Lust is active but I have the timing for it, when BL is about to end I use FN again so they won't be able to use pots, another AS and it does the job.

There's a lot of things to do but when you successfully execute it, it feels great lol.

Edited by Usurper, 21 February 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:01 AM

Now imagine doing emergency escape + Aimed bolt + TS + bloody lust+ weakness + full divest + sightless mind on an opponent (Not in arranged in the correct/advisable order obviously).

It's doable right? especially for 1v1 PVP.

The thing is, once you've crippled someone that much, anything could kill them. Even a wanderer. That doesn't make Triangle Shot any good.

#13 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:17 AM

A certain SC named Aldrich spearheaded the revival of TS build in pRO NL, and it TS isn't his main killing skill, I'd try postin' some vids of his when I get to hold a comp

#14 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

The thing is, once you've crippled someone that much, anything could kill them. Even a wanderer. That doesn't make Triangle Shot any good.

So  since you stated that "Even a wanderer" can kill them, are you implying that Frost + Aimed Bolt is enough once I've crippled them that much? Triangle Shot will not be my main damage dealer it's just for back up if Aimed Bolt/SR isn't enough.

A certain SC named Aldrich spearheaded the revival of TS build in pRO NL, and it TS isn't his main killing skill, I'd try postin' some vids of his when I get to hold a comp

Yes I think I've heard of him and/or dueled with him. Can't remember though. *Edit: Nope, I am from Valk server so I haven't dueled him*

Anyway here are some screen shots of my kills with TS/AS in pRO if anyone is interested. 

Edited by Usurper, 09 August 2016 - 12:07 AM.

#15 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

umm ya that's why i were asking you like that, i'd a friend from pRO also, he said TS build is like common pvp build there and ASS is kinda rare , while its opposite here in iRO  :heh:

#16 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

umm ya that's why i were asking you like that, i'd a friend from pRO also, he said TS build is like common pvp build there and ASS is kinda rare , while its opposite here in iRO  :heh:

Actually it's not that popular,there are  a few SC's on my previous server that has TS but they were just using it for fun.

Since I have this thread open I might as well ask more. I've done some back reading and found out that Sever Rainstorm is good?  if you don't mind the SP cost.

Edited by Usurper, 21 February 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#17 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

I'm curious, why do you insist on using Bloody Lust when you can just Ignorance? Both disable them from using any skills except Lust also triples their hp and it makes them harder to kill.

#18 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

I'm curious, why do you insist on using Bloody Lust when you can just Ignorance? Both disable them from using any skills except Lust also triples their hp and it makes them harder to kill.

To disable their use of pots, with the little damage SC does using bows it can't kill in PVP because they can "out-pot" the damage, so my method is focused more DPS while taking advantage of frenzy's negative effects. That's the only way an SC can kill aside from trap/manhole and RT which I find boring. 

List of negative effects when blood lusted/ frenzy:

*Sets all defense (both physical and magic) to 0

* Halves flee rate

• Does not allow:
    • Use of skills, including most skills triggered via Autocast.
    • Changing equipment.
    • Chatting.
    • Use of items.

So with the things mentioned above in mind, if I use weakness on a frenzied opponent I believe it will reduce their tripled MHP by 30%, add the effects of full divest, sightless mind and elemental converters maybe (in iRO) it will make a significant increase to TS.

While TS is just my secondary damaging skill I still have Arrow Storm/Aimed bolt as my primary which I think will cause a lot of damage when all of the above is applied.

This method worked for me on a different server and I apologize to you guys if I'm being persistent with my method, I guess I'll have answers once my character is ready for pvp so that I can test everything myself.

Edited by Usurper, 21 February 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

The thing is, once you've crippled someone that much, anything could kill them. Even a wanderer.

what?! this means wanderer is friggin OP as hell! please nerf wanderer (even more)!!!!

#20 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

Y u say wanderer OP, now they be nerfin it more >.>

Diamon Dust Landmines are yourfriends with TS build

#21 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

Y u say wanderer OP, now they be nerfin it more >.>

Diamon Dust Landmines are yourfriends with TS build

Yes I am also considering Diamond Dust. Thanks!

#22 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Alright I have another question(I also don't know which topic/forum to ask this). This may be a little related to the topic.

So I just read about Full Throttle and based on the description it will increase my based stats by 20% meaning it will also increase damage.

What are your thoughts on Full Throttle, is it worth getting?

Also I just found out about +9FAW with Expert archers enchants and Menblatt card and Temporal dex boots, I'm sure these equipment will definitely increase TS damage maybe reach 10 to 12k damage?  with food buffs of course.

Edited by Usurper, 01 March 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:55 AM

1. No, too long cooldown, waaay too long, and only counts when your character is logged in. If you use and log out for even a day, when you return the cd will still be there.

2.depending on your actual stack of ranged dmg%, can be even more, or maybe less

#24 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

1. No, too long cooldown, waaay too long, and only counts when your character is logged in. If you use and log out for even a day, when you return the cd will still be there.

2.depending on your actual stack of ranged dmg%, can be even more, or maybe less

@#1. Okay, I DID NOTE SEE that on my first read, 50 min cool down wtf?!

@#2. Yes I'm thinking of gears that can further increase my damage, obviously my upper HG will be a +9EMH and then a Byrouge armor perhaps. 

"can be even more, or maybe less" I'm leaning towards more damage cause I'll always be using Sightless Mind as well.

Edited by Usurper, 01 March 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#25 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

Kinda OT but

Is full throttle worthit if used on gx when fighting the last boss of an instance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users