February 25th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 25th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#26 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:15 AM

Our esteemeed guildleader's reaction to KVM:

Hail Xellie, the emp breaker extraordinaire! In thy absence, I post.

#27 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

Can someone fill me in with what KVM gears are?

#28 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:25 AM

People seem to be very oversensitive these days. Everything is a reason to quit. I dont want anyone to quit, especially cool people like naus. But this should not hold the staff back. We can always modify the gears before implement. That why I say it should be tested.

BALANCING!!!!

#29 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

you know kvm is not the end all gear for most players and it certainly not the best  min/max gear for every class. possible its a alternative change happens all i see is most of y'all not willing to change the current woe meta or getting entry level competitive gear into the hands of active user bases. actually lowering the woe damage globally just lets players stack ludicrous amounts of attack and def gear with no real down side. there has to be balance between god item.mvp guilds and those who want the chance to compete if your still so against kvm then lets just shove it aside and make woe2 completely god/mvp/mini boss free since that's what most of the pserver community plays and i would actually stop my other hobbies in the summer time to sit at home and play

#30 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

I suggested this a bazillion times. Make one of the sieges MVP/god/miniboss/ygg free. Half the population could quit because so many others would play.

#31 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

As usual, kind reminder - don't forget to uldate spotlight warper

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

A big yes to KVM gears, just make sure to test them enough. We need it :3.

Yes to KvM, it's time for it.
Just needs to be properly implemented to prevent abuse!

#33 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

Come on Oda. You know better than to say KvM without any context, everyones frothing at the mouth again. If implemented properly (acquisition time, no exploits etc) there's no reason the gear shouldnt be available.

If you're updating the client on the website will that fix the .dll errors most people are getting when downloading it (causing them to need to re-download 2-3 times)?

As for what I'd like to see you focus on? Literally anything. We're two months into this year and I cant think of a memorable thing happening so far, the Valentines Day quest is probably the most exciting thing.

Edited by Themes, 25 February 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#34 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

I suggested this a bazillion times. Make one of the sieges MVP/god/miniboss/ygg free. Half the population could quit because so many others would play.

This is a really true... I am dreaming with this day...

#35 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

People aren't going to quit over KvM and people didn't quit over KvM in the past.

Please stop letting players dictate what does and doesn't get put into the game.

Things that are truly unbalanced and broken are quite obvious.
Classic doesn't have the certs and other things that renewal has, so if the rewards are hard to get, people will likely never have a +9 weapon for example.

Some of the items are stronger than others, but it gives a much needed boost to certain classes that are put on the shelf otherwise.

I really hope that you guys choose to implement this and don't listen to the false cries of quitting.
Personally, I will dust off my Classic characters and farm badges or whatever you have to do to get the equipment and I know of several people that will also do this.
No one has given compelling reasons on why it shouldn't be in. I know it is a nerf to some classes, but the state some classes like champion are in atm is way worse than anything else because of items like mental potions.

Just be open minded about this.

Edited by Myzery, 25 February 2016 - 10:44 AM.

#36 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

kvm weapons and rings are fine armors not so much

#37 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

kvm weapons and rings are fine armors not so much

See this is reasonable.
Although the armor is extremely nice for certain classes like stalker.

#38 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

I have a question for the "dont put KvM in" crowd.

How many of you have obtained KvM stuff previously at its intended rates? Which is to say no farming, no exploits and not from the shop.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

Reasons

• - they are unable to implement an unexploitable KVM
  • - BG is farmed at 16 characters, 10 is nothing
  • - BG is botted at 16 characters, 10 is nothing
  • - there is an upgrade hack
  • - they can probably dupe acc bound weapons to upgrade
  • - the weapons are broken af
  • - people quit over the exploited +9 KVM fists that came to ymir from loki
  • - KVM rings solve a problem that doesn't exist, elemental damage
  • - KVM armor/set does not provide enough protection from Asura to save a player as opposed to a GR/DR
  • - KVM weapons power up the current problematic skills, Asura and Hibram magic
  • - Rings pretty much only nerf sinx/lord knight whilst weapons power up other actually problematic classes.
  • - Did we want Asura to be even stronger? Because this is how you make asura even stronger
  • - Rings also only nerf classes that rip through duped GRs/DRs or GR/DR obtained from Dupe ACA/BB.
  • - anyone who says the weapons/armors/rings take sooooo long to obtain has never paid attention to the classic community. I'd give it a week before calls for reducing the costs happen. Seals, BG, exp, you damn well name it - the classic community will boo hoo for easy mode.

Thank you and good night.

Edited by Xellie, 25 February 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#40 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

Challenge Dungeon: adjust the experience at least half of Bio Labs 3. 50000 Base and 50130 Job.

waaaaay to much exp. they rather should lower the HP of the mobs than adjust exp like this. Bio3 have a level requirement for a reason.

Edited by Pean, 25 February 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#41 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

I have a question for the "dont put KvM in" crowd.

How many of you have obtained KvM stuff previously at its intended rates? Which is to say no farming, no exploits and not from the shop.

Me & Courage farmed kvm and made our accessories/weapons through fighting. I don't know many others who farmed it all like we did. Eventually after a while ppl stopped going into KVM & it lead into kvm becoming botted.

#42 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

Reasons

• - they are unable to implement an unexploitable KVM
  • - BG is farmed at 16 characters, 10 is nothing
  • - BG is botted at 16 characters, 10 is nothing
  • - there is an upgrade hack
  • - they can probably dupe acc bound weapons to upgrade
  • - the weapons are broken af
  • - people quit over the exploited +9 KVM fists that came to ymir from loki
  • - KVM rings solve a problem that doesn't exist, elemental damage
  • - KVM armor/set does not provide enough protection from Asura to save a player as opposed to a GR/DR
  • - KVM weapons power up the current problematic skills, Asura and Hibram magic
  • - Rings pretty much only nerf sinx/lord knight whilst weapons power up other actually problematic classes.
  • - Did we want Asura to be even stronger? Because this is how you make asura even stronger
  • - Rings also only nerf classes that rip through duped GRs/DRs or GR/DR obtained from Dupe ACA/BB.
  • - anyone who says the weapons/armors/rings take sooooo long to obtain has never paid attention to the classic community. I'd give it a week before calls for reducing the costs happen. Seals, BG, exp, you damn well name it - the classic community will boo hoo for easy mode.

Thank you and good night.

You don't know what they have planned

Speculation
Prove it, otherwise speculation
People didn't quit, it started on the Valk server because of exploiting and the fist was changed
KvM rings counter the main class you play, but the other people that play your class get a boost from the weapon
KvM armor does give some lasses the ability to survive gfist and this server has more GRs than any other before it
KvM weapons do this, but only at higher upgrades and not everyone has Hibrams for example. It also makes some under performing classes viable.
You're right about this, but there's other elements. Hardly anyone play LK atm and KvM will change that and it will be crazy viable.
It will at higher upgrades
It nerfs your class

I mean no disrespect, but please see what they have panned first. No one wants the old KvM.
Themes had a really good idea.

Me & Courage farmed kvm and made our accessories/weapons through fighting. I don't know many others who farmed it all like we did. Eventually after a while ppl stopped going into KVM & it lead into kvm becoming botted.

It wasn't really botted, just Illegit exploiting it always.

Edited by Myzery, 25 February 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#43 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

waaaaay to much exp. they rather should lower the HP of the mobs than adjust exp like this. Bio3 have a level requirement for a reason.

Kasa exp: 49000 Base and 38000 Job. A well next experience and has no pre requirements.

The current experience 2500 Base and 5000 Job is ridiculous.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

You don't know what they have planned - I might, you don't know that. You just want to fight.

You don't know what they have planned - is not relevant to the tenacity of farmers

You don't know what they have planned - is not relevant to the tenacity of botters

Speculation - no, it isn't. Unfortunately posting proof here will get me banned.

Prove it, otherwise speculation - same way you dupe anything else. Go ask your buddies.

People didn't quit, it started on the Valk server because of exploiting and the fist was changed - Oh, you were in the same guild as me? You know my friends who quit? You know better than they did? Thanks for letting me know about my own personal ingame experiences. The next time I need to know something about something my friends did in a guild you weren't part of, I'll skype you to find out. Maybe you can tell me why Ashai quit? I've always wondered.

KvM rings counter the main class you play, but the other people that play your class get a boost from the weapon - The boost does not outplay the rings, which harm LK (an underplayed class), mastersmith, Sniper, sinx, wizard.

KvM armor does give some lasses the ability to survive gfist and this server has more GRs than any other before it - no it doesn't. Mental pots and absurd gear (EMH, VOH) put a complete end to that.

KvM weapons do this, but only at higher upgrades and not everyone has Hibrams for example. It also makes some under performing classes viable. - Even HW without hibrams are stupidly strong on classic. Valhalla would know.

You're right about this, but there's other elements. Hardly anyone play LK atm and KvM will change that and it will be crazy viable. - LK is a staple class for many guilds. Please show me your Classic roster making credentials.

It will at higher upgrades - which won't be a problem, for reasons outlined above.

It nerfs your class - Yes and I will damn well quit. I quit when renewal nerfed my class and I don't think the staff are capable of sticking to a long term goal type gameplay mechanic and it not being exploitable. *COUGHCOUGH DOUBLE CREATIONS*

You don't know what they have planned - but I might. You don't know that I don't know. What I do know is that they were talking about KVM BG with non KVM rewards ^.~ ofc, me saying that here might make a lot of people sad if they stick with that. They always said no KVM and if they cater to the crying of two or three individuals who mistakenly think KVM will make the balance situation better instead of worse, they're gonna have bigger problems than just needing to nerf a few currently owned items.

Furthermore if they put in the coin based systems themes proposed, also lol dupes.

#45 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

Well at least put neutral resist on the rings then.
It cuts damage off the things that are truly "broken"

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

don't give us the ability to run fire/water immunity with the rings and that's chill. I'm down with them adding to neutral to combat bomb/fist shenanigans - since we have artificially high supply.

#47 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

Bomb was never meant to be spammed like it is so I think that would be a good change.

#48 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

Ouch just got Blown up..(maybe you shouldnt be a rude troll)

My biggest worry is that things wont be balanced. Just like the point of it might be hard to +9 these things. Well then people will be for safe to sevens, then enriched hammer, then we are up a -_- creek.

Thing is that not much is planned ahead at this point and I gather that from Oda's posts to the thread I linked earlier and the fact that he is asking us what he wants us to focus on. (which means if he had a plan he wouldnt be asking, he would be telling us what will be worked on)

So Just balance things please Oda

#49 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

Kasa exp: 49000 Base and 38000 Job. A well next experience and has no pre requirements.

The current experience 2500 Base and 5000 Job is ridiculous.

49k base exp is far away from 1,75m+ base exp as you was asking for. i agree that 2500k is low. but its not a place to lvl, its a place to farm equipments primary. and it calles "challange dungeon" not "welcome to a high rate server cave". such requests destroy the game, in case they got changed. the exp could be raised to like 10k base/5kjob exp, or the HP lowert, but again this place do not require any lvl to enter, so it would be messing up instead of balancing anything imo. 

in this maintenance threads ppl asking for more & more & more every week ( not just talking about you xandyzor ). there is no satisfaction for what we already have, just requests and complainings most of the time. if we would compare the classic server with a usual official server at the date where renewal/vinyl update was not implemented yet, there wouldnt be an TI's (except officual repeatable quest) which already help a lot by lvling, or janeways, which push a non rebirth char up to 70. neighter VIP accounds nor consumables which increase exp or droprate. no extra gears dropped by boxes or any other stuff ppl use daily.

if we would compare iro classic with a official pre renewal server ( 1-rate / episode 13.2 ) dont we already have enough of this "extras"?

i understand the capitalism which is behind VIP and kafrashop, and if this allowes the developter to keep the servers running, i'm fine with that. but we dont really need to change every place/mob.
there are plenty of mobs which give way more exp than they should ( goats, hill winds, sleeper...), and dungeons which has been messed by players requests like clocktower underground.

we should basically try to work on the performence, like creat a patch client without any bugs, remove bots from the game ( also this 50% of merchants which are bots currently in prontera every day ), add a gameguard, add storage passwords, move NPCs slightly every maintenance to avoid botting. try to get ppl into the game by calling it a official pre-vinyl server, not a tinkered one. just my 2 cents

#50 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

You guys's definitions of blown are fun lol. Anyway this should not be a competition to begin with. That's the reason staff get tired of listening to us and renewal gentlemen come to our threads to say we're chimps. Rings are op? Let's discuss about how to balance them. Weapons are op? Let's discuss how to implement them better. It's not like tomorrow you'll wake up and old kvm will be fully implemented. Jesus freaking christ!

Oh and by discuss I mean actual discussion, not "HURR YOU GOT BLOWN THE -_- OUT YOU JERK DURR". You sicken me.

edit: too much cinnabombs for a single month

Edited by ShinRyoma, 25 February 2016 - 12:41 PM.
Removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users