February 25th Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 25th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#51 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

stuff

he asked for 50k. Not 1,75m. This can't be serious.

#52 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

he asked for 50k. Not 1,75m. This can't be serious.

thats how i understood this

Challenge Dungeon: adjust the experience at least half of Bio Labs 3. 50000 Base and 50130 Job.

edit: ok my bad, i just read 3.5 instead of B3

but 50k is still a lot

Edited by Pean, 25 February 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#53 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

Ouch just got Blown up..(maybe you shouldnt be a rude troll)

My biggest worry is that things wont be balanced. Just like the point of it might be hard to +9 these things. Well then people will be for safe to sevens, then enriched hammer, then we are up a -_- creek.

Thing is that not much is planned ahead at this point and I gather that from Oda's posts to the thread I linked earlier and the fact that he is asking us what he wants us to focus on. (which means if he had a plan he wouldnt be asking, he would be telling us what will be worked on)

So Just balance things please Oda

No one got "blown up" and I wasn't being rude to anyone ;)
Much of what Xellie said is still speculation and I feel like I made some good counter points.
I acknowledged some of her valid points, but people crying for nerfs before we see how it's going to be implemented.

#54 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

waaaaay to much exp. they rather should lower the HP of the mobs than adjust exp like this. Bio3 have a level requirement for a reason.

actually the server is running on a 3x Exp.

Kasa is giving 147k base and 114k job, instead of 49k/38k

Ice Titan  41k/23k  instead of  13,8k/7,9k

Gold Acidus  84k/24k  instead of 28k/8k

and the challenge dungeon have 30k/30k fixed now...so..even 50k/50k is irrelevant.

#55 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

• what i would like to see worked on in order
    • Camps new quest thingy: soooo looking forward to this, or any other way of getting real slotted ele armors.
    • New turn ins: i would like to see turtle dungeon, and clock tower turn ins and perhaps some other similar stuff 
    • WoE TE: <<< only real idea i can come up with to help new guilds start up/learn(i have read a few proposals for this. all a lil different but all good ideas)
    • KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes(im seeing 50/50 on this issue. and dont really understand why. i have never seen ppl so divided on something like this. tbh, i care but i do not think it is worth arguing with anyone over. so ill just say i would vote yes, and so do the 5 ppl who input on my posts.)
  • hapening soon-ishtm(or "what else i would like to see get worked on")
    • gsb hunt for noobs: a lot of ways to handle this, but if you want new guilds you must fix this problem. i think this is part of camps proposal
    • Cooking: a player i know suggested we try to separate the pet tames from the food crafting.
    • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, (players new bg?)
    • Challenge Dungeon : are the difficulty vs drop rates on rare subject auras all proper? i know when we were discussing it originally camp, i think it was, suggested that it would either be higher drop rate but only drop one, or, low drop rate and drop for the entire party. as it is now it drops lower than card rate and only one (have not confirmed because i dont think anyone has gotten one yet)
    • pets: Many pets do not give the intended buff to the player upon maxing friendship.
    • vend limit:cans we haves this tooooo? :rice:(prolly cant cuz of our server but im throwing it out there for consideration) 
  • far future

• New World - pushing for a new client / server for classic (i know you are, just want to let you know we want it too)

• Content Plans: i know its early but any thoughts on a challenge quest or instance? kinda a challenge dungeon like thing? any way of perhaps getting one of the new world mvps? just thoughts. 
  • Life: i would like mine back at some point. but there's too much to work on here in rune-midgard!

was at work till now, thx xandy for forwarding some of my requests in my absence. 

Edited by lxst, 26 February 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#56 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

kvm staves for wizard are terrible.

#57 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

kvm staves for wizard are terrible.

They are amazing on Renewal at high upgrades.
This is what I meant though, a lot of weapons are trash unless you get them to +9 or higher.

#58 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

thats how i understood this

edit: ok my bad, i just read 3.5 instead of B3

but 50k is still a lot

A HUE HUE for you Pean.

#59 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Seeing a lot of arguments on kvm, let's focus on basic things as what pean mentioned. Such as storage sort item or search button.. or perhaps equipment lock button seeing how we don't have extra key aside from battlemode which is already full - double clicking equips can lead to drag and drop. Dupe items wiping.. A lot of viruses in classic that can be given priorities instead of adding new content to a not-that-healthy server with low population. Let's get it right before getting it extras

#60 Tomb

Tomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

There is already a lot of power in woe. To some its certain MvPs, #of god items or even the endless supply. I don't think adding more power via KVM is a good idea.

Ideas good/bad idk just ideas

*reduce stats given by god items durring woe/disable them (hammer/meg) ~sleph and bris dont seem broken even in quantity?

*disable some MvPs like magic immunity/extreme magic damage (seem to be most focus'd on)

~let the rage begin~

Edit: Also the TKM heat skill has not been working properly in Thors. Its like its missing occasionaly even while using solar,lunar,stellar union

Edited by Tomb, 25 February 2016 - 03:27 PM.

#61 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

There are definitely some broken equips from kvm that would need to be looked at. After that it may be able to help balance things. KVM isn't necessarily "more power". I see it as alternatives for people without mvps/gods/minis. GR and DR are two examples of things you can't wear if you have a kvm set on.

If efforts are made to implement a balanced kvm, we don't really know what would happen. It could turn out well as it may play out in some of our minds, or end up backfiring pretty bad. Not sure I'm willing to take that risk yet.

Btw does anyone know why woe reductions on skills are set at 50% instead of 40%? Don't think I've seen that answered yet, just merely pointed out.

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

Classic is up!

#63 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Btw does anyone know why woe reductions on skills are set at 50% instead of 40%? Don't think I've seen that answered yet, just merely pointed out.

Good vision on kvm. I believe discussions could take place so that we can make everything we can to implement it not unbalanced. It may work, it may not. The way Classic is, I believe it's worth a shot.

Now seriously, why are the skill reductions at 50%? After the event WoE they were set back to 50% and I don't know why. Because previous to the event woe it was 50%? So why was it 50% previous to the event woe? 40% (pre re standard ). back please. Inb4 emperiums.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 25 February 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#64 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

does this includes nameless island?

#65 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

gogogo

#66 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

^^ 

#67 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

I am probably gonna be the only one among the people around me who is gonna say to KVM, why?

Not because I approve it/ think its balanced. Its not (In my opinion). Makes some classes really over powered while nerfing some classes that don't need a nerf at all.

I am saying yes because classic is dying due to people not playing the game other than WoE. They do nothing un-related to WoE.

This would boost the activity that the server gets on the weekdays, which is great.

The only thing is its impact on WoE.

There will be a shift in meta, which honest is not a bad thing/ big deal, but the problem is some weapons like KVM mace are pretty damn good. They are overpowered on servers which have a limited about of ygg / seeds, here the server is flooded with them, champs are gonna have the time of their life.

Some classes like sinx and LK will be nerfed, I know many with argue that they are overpowered, but they forget how much they depend on megs. Everyone doesn't have one.

Edit: Completing my statement

Edited by Heart, 25 February 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#68 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

A HUE HUE for you Pean.

still, as i wrote before. this server is tinkered a lot already and there is no real need to raise any mobs exp.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

Classic has never had 40% reductions, ever. Leave it alone. It was 50% prior to the events and for at least two years. It's really tiresome reading this stuff.

Just like how we were told there will be no KVM, ever. I don't get why the GMs should backpedal on that just because one player keeps whispering about it. Literally every decision fought/overturned/done for that particular group has ended up in disaster (server is going great, isnt it?).

People blame me for ClassicRO but I actually never get my way.

So yeah. Status Quo is a lot more beneficial especially with all the stuff going on. If anything we need gear to counter some of the other, more unique problems of this server and stop pretending it's any other server we played on.

Otherwise, yeah, emps. Lets not have one without the other. Or I'll call catering (which is what it would be) and popcorn my way through woe.

#70 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

50% reductions helps balance out the increased damage from headgears/consumables that have been added to classic, it works pretty well at that number I really honestly think it should be left as is.

There is no reason to add kvm gear just to add it, it's too broken/unbalanced. Don't touch it and just leave it out. If you just have to put the kvm bg in do it with other desirable rewards like elemental armors, new world/event/kafra gears, whatever, you can find plenty of worthwhile things. I'd rather see a better and more fun bg developed instead though. Kvm is never going to be anything but farmed and exploited.

Edited by rojoky113, 26 February 2016 - 03:23 AM.

#71 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

Question still stands.

#72 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for input, both the polite one and the not that polite one  :heh: .

But

Question still stands.

and we need an answer from the staff. Tbh these kinds of things shouldn't even have to be asked, they should be publically shown somewhere. Lots of people have the same doubt and asked me, and not all of them are from ~rampage.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 26 February 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#73 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

Good luck getting a straightforward, informative or detailed answer to that from the staff. Doubt the current staff even know at this point, maybe it was a mistake maybe it was an intentional tweak for balance purposes, but at this point I'm pretty sure balancing classics extra damage is why it's being kept around now that they are acutely aware of it following the holiday event woes.

Edited by rojoky113, 26 February 2016 - 10:41 AM.

#74 maelstorm123

maelstorm123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

Please answer this.

#75 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

^In the past it did. As far as I can tell, doesn't seem to be double spawn. I haven't looked at exp or drops though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users